Lady Gaga

Phoenixstar

12 hours ago, Bhabylon said:

Comparing Chromatica to Joanne? Chromatica sweetie, I’m so sorry 

!

Joanne is great and underrated but it's an insult to group Chromatica in a category with ARTPOP and Joanne. Gaga felt artistically lost with those last two records. Chromatica was consistently executed on both visual and sonic fronts, even though the era was cut short by covid. The intro of the 911 video alone clears every Joanne era visual. Maybe Chromatica wasn't on TFM/BTW level but the art direction, visual identity, sonic production, thematicism, and references were beautifully consistent regardless of overall potential. The way she seamlessly blended orchestral interludes with house beats alone trumps Joanne.

If I had to stack her records in tiers:

Tier 1

The Fame Monster

Born This Way

Tier 2

The Fame

Chromatica

Tier 3

Joanne

Artpop

oc8rIJS.gif 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Replies 164.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Almodusa

• Artur

• Leptine

1 hour ago, sunbathinganimal said:

putting Legend Kylie™️ on an album with Ben Platt and that Big Freedia cover was actually very disrespectful of her looking back 

TrueBlood

The fact that Kylie agreed to be part of such a niche release really speaks on her, she's so supporting and kind

cd53ec98d5595ef8fab7eeaca7214aac.thumb.g

• Haha 2

13 years later and Gaga still hasn't surpassed Alejandro. Those opening synths and humming alone >>>

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OreGuy said:

would never ever compare Gaga albums. They are all mothers to me. :jonnycat:

Only the right answer, iykyk

• Like 1

This masterpiece on the cusp of surpassing 500 million views. :jonny2:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, truthteller said:

i really need a well executed era with the concepts and the music and the visual and the tour... the last time she did all of these was BTW (if we didnt count the tour cancellation) TFM

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886ea5b5c4a2406143da1

This feels like some historical revisionism. As fun as the total onslaught of the BTW era was, I do not think I could describe it as "well-executed". They basically just threw everything at the wall. :jonny: And this fanbase hated the videos and the tour. :deadbanana: 

Leave it to the Little MAGAsters to b*tch about every little detail of an era, and then sit in here typing sentimental essays about how cunty and slayful everything was back in the GoOd oLd dAyS

Edited by CoolNebraskaGuy
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, Freaky Prince said:

Clap if you bought this

szatan.gif

crickets :bibliahh:I mean the denim jacket is.. well, it's a denim jacket, but it's $130 from a brand I've never even heard of. 

So we just got the confirmation from The Rolling Stones team, the song comes out next week on Friday and you have to make a post on all your socials with the official artwork and a blurb. The text for that-

Bobby, could you remind me again, did I tweet about the CottonOn collab? They were really kind and generous with their donation to the foundation. We were so moved by their compassion. Mom said she had a great time talking to their team about the initiative and discussing our future plans. I don't know how I missed it. I'll do it now, hold on.

Yes, you did. Twice. Now if you-

*typing* We at @BTWF believe in a kinder, braver world together and that's why we...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTJs7A-MVQgLrEBG2N1S8

Okay but if you could post about Sweet Sounds today that'd be great cause we need some time for the e-mail blasts and then we have two 5-minute Zoom interviews lined up for Monday with the NY Times and Billboard where you briefly talk about how the collaboration came together and what the song means to you, and your relationship with the band. And those come out 2 days before the song is out.

...And sent. I'm sorry, what were you saying? Okay, you know what we'll talk about that when I'm back. I gotta go down for a quick trip to the office and meet the formulation team, we have to finalize the ingredients for the BioTech CelluLift Serum and the Ultra Hydrating SkinRepair+ Moisturizer. I'm so excited for the launch next month, this is our first double launch at Sephora! And guess what, Sarah texted me this morning, we just won the Best Clean Foundation award from Allure! You know how much I love this company and the beauty community and the incredible work we do together. I love you all so much. It's not just makeup, but makeup that's kind to your skin and to the planet that you live on. All that we have is each other. Love fosters kindness. Anyways, I'll see you later!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfn_uP0awwmSpGEtbko52

• Haha 12

18 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

So we just got the confirmation from The Rolling Stones team, the song comes out next week on Friday and you have to make a post on all your socials with the official artwork and a blurb. The text for that-

Bobby, could you remind me again, did I tweet about the CottonOn collab? They were really kind and generous with their donation to the foundation. We were so moved by their compassion. Mom said she had a great time talking to their team about the initiative and discussing our future plans. I don't know how I missed it. I'll do it now, hold on.

Yes, you did. Twice. Now if you-

*typing* We at @BTWF believe in a kinder, braver world together and that's why we...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTJs7A-MVQgLrEBG2N1S8

Okay but if you could post about Sweet Sounds today that'd be great cause we need some time for the e-mail blasts and then we have two 5-minute Zoom interviews lined up for Monday with the NY Times and Billboard where you briefly talk about how the collaboration came together and what the song means to you, and your relationship with the band. And those come out 2 days before the song is out.

...And sent. I'm sorry, what were you saying? Okay, you know what we'll talk about that when I'm back. I gotta go down for a quick trip to the office and meet the formulation team, we have to finalize the ingredients for the BioTech CelluLift Serum and the Ultra Hydrating SkinRepair+ Moisturizer. I'm so excited for the launch next month, this is our first double launch at Sephora! And guess what, Sarah texted me this morning, we just won the Best Clean Foundation award from Allure! You know how much I love this company and the beauty community and the incredible work we do together. I love you all so much. It's not just makeup, but makeup that's kind to your skin and to the planet that you live on. All that we have is each other. Love fosters kindness. Anyways, I'll see you later!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfn_uP0awwmSpGEtbko52

Sounds unrealistic. We all know Bobby is too busy trying bag Britney's ex, he won't remember SSOH

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, truthteller said:

i really need a well executed era with the concepts and the music and the visual and the tour... the last time she did all of these was BTW (if we didnt count the tour cancellation) TFM

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886ea5b5c4a2406143da1

Are you really going to blame her for the cancelled BTWB dates?

When she doesn't perform Sweet Sounds Of Heaven at her Jazz and Piano show and spams her IG feed with more Haus Labs ads 

stressed-out-jade-wesker.gif

70599865007-ahs-s-12-kim-spiderbelly-transit-shelter-layout-sm.jpg?width=1200&disable=upscale&format=pjpg&auto=webp

Kim K serving Gaga circa 2015 in the new AHS :rip:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aden said:

70599865007-ahs-s-12-kim-spiderbelly-transit-shelter-layout-sm.jpg?width=1200&disable=upscale&format=pjpg&auto=webp

Kim K serving Gaga circa 2015 in the new AHS :rip:

She’s giving total Gaga. The art direction for AHS really fell off though.

spacer.png

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

She’s giving total Gaga. The art direction for AHS really fell off though.

spacer.png

AHS' art direction falling off after Roanoke, coincidentally the last season Godga was on.

No Gaga no quality

khaylan2.jpeg

54 minutes ago, Aden said:

AHS' art direction falling off after Roanoke, coincidentally the last season Godga was on.

No Gaga no quality

khaylan2.jpeg

It fell off a bit after Roanoke and then nosedived after Apocalypse. 

• Like 1

I always forget Gaga was on 'Roanoke' and it was actually an amazing part even if short.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.