Lady Gaga

Phoenixstar

2 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

How many ballads of Gaga’s have truly smashed? ASIB was a once in a career phenomenon, and HMH, MR, and Y&I proved that there is moderate interest in BalladGa. 

It’s fine to point out that Gaga has struggled commercially but cmon now don’t rewrite history Grace… cause as far as i can see when smile outstreamed chromatica in 2021, monsters were running to MR/ARUTW receipts for mercy 

spacer.png

• Replies 166.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Almodusa

• Artur

• Leptine

1 minute ago, Mr. Stratus said:

It’s fine to point out that Gaga has struggled commercially but cmon now don’t rewrite history Grace… cause as far as i can see when smile outstreamed chromatica in 2021, monsters were running to MR/ARUTW receipts for mercy 

spacer.png

And what songs of her go viral on TikTok every week? Nothing past BTW last time I checked. So yes, Gen Z wants innovative electropop.

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Mr. Stratus said:

spacer.png

Chromatica would’ve done better if it had a good lead like Replay. Stupid Love and the pandemic kneecapped the era. Doesn’t mean that the GP at large has responded way more favorably to popGa than HACGa.

20 minutes ago, Phoenixstar said:

remember when she and her team thought it was good idea to release the mv on 9/11?

spacer.png

Thank GOD they delayed it to 9/18.

spacer.png

Remember when Gags cancelled AB because she thought AB had bad attitude but proceeded to go on with R. Kelly for ARTPOP? Maybe we should be counting our blessings and be grateful that we are not in those days anymore. 

WNWKFPY.gif 

If y'all dont stop with the electropop vs ballads shite

how about neither

WNWKFPY.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Si Hoo said:

The trend has been moved from dance/electro pop to alternative pop. Gaga should take a alt pop direction to satisfy both fans and trends and if possible, even critics. but the most important thing is that she needs masterpiece album something like MBDTF, TPAB, Blonde, Lemonade since one or two more hits won't change her career at this point.

I strongly agree with the second half of your post about her needing more career defining masterpieces in her catalog than quick lil hits because she already has enough classics (another one is always welcome obv and she's still a commercial MPG). However, I don't think alt-pop is really the one for Gaga. It would feel a bit...inauthentic? if that makes sense. Plus this decade already had enough alternative pop masterpieces from indie artists or big girls like Lana/Tay/Billie etc so by the time Gaga jumps on the trend it would be too late and a big ass set-up ngl.

I definitely DO want her to work with Danny though.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, flower moon said:

the gp demand an arca produced album not some recycled dance pop

spacer.png

where is this gp you speak of?

spacer.png

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Phoenixstar said:

where is this gp you speak of?

spacer.png

a question monsters are often forced to ponder i fear

spacer.png

Yall talk a big game about wanting something experimental, alternative, lo-fi, or jazzy for LG7, but will yall actually stream it if that is the case?

spacer.png

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

If y'all dont stop with the electropop vs ballads shite

how about neither

WNWKFPY.gif

This. The GP wants #adGa back

WNWKFPY.gif 

• Haha 2

Just now, GraceRandolph said:

Yall talk a big game about wanting something experimental, alternative, lo-fi, or jazzy for LG7, but will yall actually stream it if that is the case?

spacer.png

If its not migraine inducing like SL, why not?

WNWKFPY.gif 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, jesus del rey said:

If its not migraine inducing like SL, why not?

WNWKFPY.gif 

I guess we just need to accept that Gaga isn't the type of artist that will please everyone. She set the bar insanely high early on in her career, and something tells me if Gaga released folklore or Renaissance ATRL would consider those albums underwhelming.

15 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

I guess we just need to accept that Gaga isn't the type of artist that will please everyone. She set the bar insanely high early on in her career, and something tells me if Gaga released folklore or Renaissance ATRL would consider those albums underwhelming.

You basically answered to yourself, at this point of her career, quality, experimenting and releasing an interesting body of work is the most important thing, streaming numbers are a question mark when it comes to her anyway, she can have them with a particular song (see BM for example) meanwhile a supposed GP friendly song not taking off (SL, HMH), you have Lana pulling huge numbers these days with music that has been basically always absent from the charts for years aside from her first week debuts or with songs that never charted on the Billboard Hot100.

She has nothing to prove charts wise and the music has to be liked by yourself in first because no matter what amazing album she will release, certain people and media-critic will always downplay her work anyway like you said.

• Like 5

listened to Chroma today, it's been a while

some songs slap and then you have the songs that you know could have been better/bigger with a better production and sometimes better lyrics

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, GraceRandolph said:

With setting the bar high in the early career you probably mean peaking creatively on her second studio album? :rip: because that’s definitely the case with her. 

who cares what Atrl thinks? OGHs always have y’all bothered, she could release a masterpiece and they‘d try to drag it to get under y’all’s skin.

The truth is, almost all pop acts have passed her. (Except for Katy perry who’s left in 2013) Gaga could never release an album like renaissance because shes not passionate enough to hire the right writers and producers, and not talented enough to do it herself. Chromatica was the proof of that. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 hours ago, Si Hoo said:

Literally every alt pop musicians are working with him so no

Gaga working with Danny L Harle who produced Caroline Polacheck's albums or Finneas Billie Eilish's brother would be fresh.

To be honest I really don't see her pulling music like this off. There's a certain kind of "coolness" and levity that makes Caroline's/Billie's/Danny's/A.G's etc work that Gaga just hasn't had since she The Fame. Gaga is more melodramatic than cool, I think that's why she's found a home in jazz music where she can just kinda yell whatever she wants in whatever tone into the mic because that genre lives around just doing whatever. 

I'm not really sure what she will do next but she's always going to feel "inauthentic" or restrained when she's not making music she can just be a weirdo in, for lack of a better way to phrase it :rip: i think she could do well making a glam rock album or something like that but she's made clear she's not really into pop music anymore and I think any further forays into that genre are going to feel forced and out of touch IMO, unless she finds some new kind of creative spark there.

1 hour ago, Brunette Ambition said:

The truth is, almost all pop acts have passed her. (Except for Katy perry who’s left in 2013) Gaga could never release an album like renaissance because shes not passionate enough to hire the right writers and producers, and not talented enough to do it herself. Chromatica was the proof of that. 

Chromatica, Joanne, ARTPOP.....

Gaga is super talented, but she can't put that talent into her art in a proper way anymore. Her music has been super unpolished after TFM.

She can't manage a music era, she has been releasing the worst possible songs as lead singles for almost a decade now. And then when we get to the album, she has some great songs there but some very underwhelming ones. It has no balance. 

Also the fact that she keeps working with people that she should not work with. Who the hell thought it was a good idea to work with bloodpop for a whole album? Girl, you're Lady Gaga. Get as many producers as possible to work on your music. Put out the best result. 

We know you like to surround yourself with your friends, but your friends should not be part of your career. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brunette Ambition said:

With setting the bar high in the early career you probably mean peaking creatively on her second studio album? :rip: because that’s definitely the case with her. 

who cares what Atrl thinks? OGHs always have y’all bothered, she could release a masterpiece and they‘d try to drag it to get under y’all’s skin.

It's funny that you mention OGHs getting under the skin but then pushed their narrative with her allegedly *peaking* at her second album.

I don't agree with this narrative at all, especially when ASIB exists and it has some of her best songs and work of her career with all the kind of acclaim confirming that.

As for 'Renaissance' I personally find it extremely overrated, and of course Gaga could have not released it, it's the typical rnb-urban album that Beyoncé releases since years just with a dance-house production change, proved by the fact that the album got more rnb nominations than dance, I recently tried to re-listen to it after long time and after 4-5 tracks I quit, I don't even like when I can't even tell when a songs starts or finish, only Madonna with Confessions managed to that properly. 

I prefer 'Chromatica' over it by a lot, no matter how much the success or the critical propaganda Pitchfork gays and her team trying to push her work in order to seem this untouchable masterpiece.

• Like 3

Gaga will feature in the Sweet Sounds Of Heaven music video and the Rolling Stones along with Gaga have agreed to perform the song at several late night tv promo spots and at the American Music Awards.

Source: I had a dream last night. 

• Haha 4

September 11th

lyO48pf.jpg

bYuHyf3.jpg

cS6lSdj.jpg

qt3IKLc.jpg

RftppEf.jpg

LL0qRAg.jpg

yDSAT9M.jpg

ZB3X84m.jpg

KHBavz9.jpg

4HFCz5f.jpg

HzKkpSI.jpg

DPufVhl.jpg

WduHzRs.jpg

9xIyK2t.jpg

HGcOW8e.jpg

oKlTFI4.jpg

8itftnj.jpg

2FnuQIL.jpg

6Pr4QGr.jpg

bPlyjNg.jpg

6CEExdc.jpg

N2MLSMo.jpg

tLSJZpf.jpg

riejPRi.jpg

5w0yhgm.jpg

tbqnXSK.jpg

xi0yYOX.jpg

K0Bsf5r.jpg

eX9IGik.jpg

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

Chromatica Renaissance comparisons in September 2023?

z0mZhaf.gif

As stale as ARTPOP Prism comparisons

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.