• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Almodusa

• Artur

• Leptine

4 minutes ago, Sannie said:

To be successful on IG, you have to look a certain way. It is not necessarily about the timeline, it is about how you look. Gaga does not have the look for IG so no matter who manages her account she is not going to blow up. 

I mean she CAN look that way with just simple styling tweaks/makeup and a good photographer, but she absolutely shouldn't change to fit that look or aesthetic ever.  The GP has finally caught on that Gaga is a genuine, authentic artist and they don't need to check on her IG to appreciate the content she puts out.  

8 minutes ago, Sannie said:

Most of her peers have fake followers, though. 200m followers but barely cracking 2m likes a post? It is not realistic. Do the math. To be successful on IG, you have to look a certain way. It is not necessarily about the timeline, it is about how you look. Gaga does not have the look for IG so no matter who manages her account she is not going to blow up. 

NGL, I do not understand the obsession here. Most of what we get from Gaga on IG is directly from her; it is pretty much the only way we get to see her being her true self. How is that a bad thing? 

Ga Ga looks like Kim Kardashian these days. She definitely has the looks!

23 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

If Gaga does a full song writer album, she better go all the way. Joanne is messy because she tried to wedge bops like Dancing in Circles and John Wayne in there 

Joanne is not messy because of DIC and JW, those are two of the best songs. :skull: 

Honestly, as nice as it would be to have more interaction from her on social media (and that has started to improve recently post-Nurtec Liddos civil war), the absolute last thing she needs to do is become your average run-of-the-mill celebrity who posts about her daily life on Instagram or just random posts all the time. Part of her aura and mystique is the fact that she is enigmatic to the public and seen as a genuine superstar, Haus Labs is about as close as we get to her personally these days outside of her art and I'm okay with it. Being a huge iconic star and using social media in a personable way used to be compatible a decade or more ago, but it's not anymore. Look at most of the other biggest stars - Taylor, Beyoncé, Harry, Adele, Rihanna.... they mostly all just use their social media to promote their projects/products, and just occasionally give us personal photos or posts. I don't how why it's such a big deal that Gaga does the same.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, LunaUniverse said:

There she goes being cryptic again, It’s funny but not surprising she loves to tease :fan:

I went into a Bad Romance (J&P Version) deep hole which made me realize that she always says/does something that implies she is very proud of the vertigo shtick line 

what we all thought the million reasons music video was going to look like

AMAs5.png

DSFlZ1JVQAAKB7v.jpg

5c8b39e8896028eddf68d07216a4c564.jpg

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sannie said:

Most of her peers have fake followers, though. 200m followers but barely cracking 2m likes a post? It is not realistic. Do the math. To be successful on IG, you have to look a certain way. It is not necessarily about the timeline, it is about how you look. Gaga does not have the look for IG so no matter who manages her account she is not going to blow up. 

NGL, I do not understand the obsession here. Most of what we get from Gaga on IG is directly from her; it is pretty much the only way we get to see her being her true self. How is that a bad thing? 

Gaga's looks have nothing to do with her social media engagement. Her social media brand has been all over the place since ARTPOP. When you follow her you don't know what you are going to get. She was spamming #ads and now she is spamming selfies. Who knows what else she is going to spam next? Hopefully LG7

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jesus del rey said:

I went into a Bad Romance (J&P Version) deep hole which made me realize that she always says/does something that implies she is very proud of the vertigo shtick line 

As she should be :gaycat1:

• Like 1

I dont mind her spamming selfies. Keep them coming!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

yall talking about an Amy Winehouse serve when in reality this is what an original jazz album would sound like

Not if Björk co-produces it and CupcakKe has a cameo in it

ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).thumb.gif.8a7d0e2 

7 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

yall talking about an Amy Winehouse serve when in reality this is what an original jazz album would sound like

Yeah we’ve gotten ENOUGH jazz MY GOD. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Are we really prioritizing Instagram followers in this holy year of 2023 when she's on the cusp of securing her FIFTH Oscar nomination?

WNWKFPY.gif

Gaga should take a fresh direction with LG7 whether that be conceptually or sonically, but I think another album era focused on incorporating another genre into her pop music like Joanne or LFS will turn off a lot of fans at this point. Most Gaga fans want electropop music of some kind, and the GP has responded better to her EDM songs better than her ballads and jazz overall.

God Bless America/This Land is Your Land

Poker Face

Born This Way

Telephone

Just Dance

Million Reasons

Bad Romance

Might be an unpopular opinion but as good as Godga's halftime show was in general, I hated the setlist.

The intro was a cute move on her part but I wish Applause and another track like Paparazzi or The Edge of Glory go that slot to better round out her catalog of hits.

WNWKFPY.gif

Speaking of halftime shows, the straights are stanning Gaga's performance in the comments.

WNWKFPY.gif

Edited by Aden

1 minute ago, Aden said:

Poker Face

Born This Way

Telephone

Just Dance

Million Reasons

Bad Romance

Might be an unpopular opinion but as good as Godga's halftime show was in general, I hated the setlist.

The intro was a cute move on her part but I wish Applause and another track like Paparazzi or The Edge of Glory go that slot to better round out her catalog of hits.

WNWKFPY.gif

Her set list was pretty perfect for 2017. I would’ve swapped out Paparazzi for Telephone if Bey wasn’t going to perform with her, but otherwise it’s a perfect representation of her career up to that point, and helped solidify Million Reasons. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Aden said:

Poker Face

Born This Way

Telephone

Just Dance

Million Reasons

Bad Romance

WNWKFPY.gif

I hate that intro sfm.

We were ROBBED of The Edge of Glory on the roof and instead got some local MAGA songs :rip:

Edited by slobro
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, slobro said:

I hate that intro sfm.

We were ROBBED of The Edge of Glory on the roof and instead got some local MAGA songs :rip:

she was in her MAGA era leave her alone

8 minutes ago, Avariko said:

We need edgy electronic Gaga back. Get her in the studio with Arca!

Uhh if only she cared about her music career. :msmarvel:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, slobro said:

I hate that intro sfm.

I remember everyone being pressed that her SBHT wasn’t more anti-Trump. Kat Blaque posted a video comparing her unfavorably to Beyonce and someone on The View said they thought it would be more political. :skull: 

How many original albums y'all think she'll release in 2020s? I think 3 overall, including Chromatica.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.