• Replies 215k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Infernal Paradise

• Almodusa

• Artur

• hausofbryan

Of course all of this attention on BTW is happing while Gar is on social media blackout.

Interscope won't move a finger as per usual. :mandown:

3 minutes ago, Miracle said:

Its not gonna happen cause the trend is pretty niche

girl wednesday is the top tv show rn is #1 on over 80 countries on netflix

its not niche

i'm so happy for this song, i swear just a few months ago i was thinking how BM deserves the recognition Judas was getting. also bittersweet cause i know her team won't capitalize on this organic success.

Just now, Epica said:

HER BEST ALBUM AND BEST POP RECORD EVER MADE, I WILL DIE ON THIS HILL :gaygacat9:

Best record ever made PERIODT

iwGO7A9.gif

21 minutes ago, hausofdave said:

outstreaming ASIB for the first time ever!!! 

8 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

PRAYING for Spotify editors to take notice of the situation and the upward trend cuz her team/label isn't going to bother MOVING :rip:

Imagine if BM got a big on the internet/viral hits playlist spot :jonny:

the way im praying for those playlist, maybe if we @ spotify on twitter? idk   

Of course this is going viral during Christmas. Why couldn't this have happened 2 months ago for October/Halloween instead!

only sad thing is that Bad Kids comes on after BM, probably scaring a lot of people away from wanting to listen to the full album :rip:

2 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

only sad thing is that Bad Kids comes on after BM, probably scaring a lot of people away from wanting to listen to the full album :rip:

Or Black Jesus in the Special Edition :eli:

2 minutes ago, Bojana said:

the way im praying for those playlist, maybe if we @ spotify on twitter? idk   

Usually they notice trends fairly quickly, but there has to be some effort from the label as well to pitch/get it to their attention and negotiate for key spots.

The only thing Yoü and I can do is keep spamming its name to those asking under comments, since it's clearly working :eli: /jk /maybenot

10 minutes ago, Sugden said:

girl wednesday is the top tv show rn is #1 on over 80 countries on netflix

its not niche

true, and this would be great if the song was actually in the show. But it isn’t. It’s hype will only last as long as this Wednesday dance scene’s hype does, and that’s assuming another pitched up song pasted over the scene on tiktok doesn’t get equally or bigger than this. This is all great but it’s definitely a flash hype thing. 

Edited by Dawn the Jockey

Do we know how other artists viral songs have done for comparison? I feel like 1M daily streams is a nice threshold for a song being truly viral. I wanna say Dark Horse, Don't Blame Me, and Enchanted did 1M+ when they were going viral.

Not 703K :skull:

The way Wednesday generated more interest for BTW than the 10th anniversary last year did :gaycat6:

5 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

2 minutes ago, Velvet said:

Or Black Jesus in the Special Edition :eli:

The lack of taste I-

But we do need a spillover effect to happen for the rest of the album!

imagine if ScheiBe or MTN or sumn came on right after. the tik tok kids would disintegrate 

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Now we need a TikTok dance or something to keep the numbers up. :jonny5: Come on, Gar Gar.

There IS a dance trend! 

That's why I think even if the series edits die down, the dance trend can keep the streams afloat for a while (but Christmas freeze is near :biblio:)

Edited by Marry Illusion Glory

1 minute ago, Pop Art said:

Do we know how other artists viral songs have done for comparison? I feel like 1M daily streams is a nice threshold for a song being truly viral. I wanna say Dark Horse, Don't Blame Me, and Enchanted did 1M+ when they were going viral.

Would also like the numbers for this too!

I do know that Dark Horse going viral did wonders for the rest of the parent album and most of the singles had great boosts.

Knowing our luck, I don't think that'll be the case for BTW :toofunny2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.