• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BravoTangoWhiskey

• RealityBites

• jpsketch

• Heartbeat Song

Amazing podcast - we need more of these interviews so people can realize how incredibly in touch with life and the human experience she is. Like she is more in touch with the big picture than majority of people I know. Didn't think I could love this woman more, but every time I do more and more. So hype for the new album. 

2 hours ago, based said:

What I'd like to see is a documentary + live concert special similar to the format of Adele's special she did on CBS for 30. Have Kelly sit down with Jason, Jesse Shatkin, and maybe even the rest of her band and talk about the making of the album with live performances of the new songs mixed throughout an hour and a half runtime. 

Considering how Kelly appeals to an older audience nowadays (the ones who still buy the records and get content from network TV), I feel like this format would work if the special were conducted by a host such as Hoda Kotb or Carson Daily. Meanwhile, Kelly would perform a song related to the topic at hand with her band. But the interview would have to be more intimate, similar to Angie Martinez's podcast.

This exact format (but not so intimate as Angie's interview) can be seen in Adele at the BBC, conducted by Graham Norton. 

I'm sure something along these lines would have major repercussions in the news vehicles normally accessed by mature viewers and would boost the sales with this audience. There could be one or two segments specifically forTik Tok, also. I don't think it would go viral, though. The content on this album isn't exactly friendly to younger audiences.   

40 minutes ago, Sni2 said:

Considering how Kelly appeals to an older audience nowadays (the ones who still buy the records and get content from network TV), I feel like this format would work if the special were conducted by a host such as Hoda Kotb or Carson Daily. Meanwhile, Kelly would perform a song related to the topic at hand with her band. But the interview would have to be more intimate, similar to Angie Martinez's podcast.

This exact format (but not so intimate as Angie's interview) can be seen in Adele at the BBC, conducted by Graham Norton. 

I'm sure something along these lines would have major repercussions in the news vehicles normally accessed by mature viewers and would boost the sales with this audience. There could be one or two segments specifically forTik Tok, also. I don't think it would go viral, though. The content on this album isn't exactly friendly to younger audiences.   

is Carson the "biggest" presenter at NBC? I know she knows him and Hoda very well so that would be great for interviewing and comfort level. Maybe Savannah?

1 hour ago, Ericjtsang said:

is Carson the "biggest" presenter at NBC? I know she knows him and Hoda very well so that would be great for interviewing and comfort level. Maybe Savannah?

I'm not considering "the biggest host on NBC". If that were the case, I'd suggest someone from late night. The idea I'm thinking of is to get someone well-liked by daytime viewers and mature audiences. From that segment, Hoda and Carson are the ones Kelly is more used to. 

Edited by Sni2

I was looking through ASCAP, specifically for songs written by Kelly's musical director Jason Halbert, and found some interesting titles...

Does anyone know if these are old demos or not??

Even Though You're Gone (written by Kelly and Jason)

I Saw You (written by Kelly, Jason and Ric Robbins)

Keep Your Eyes On Mine (written by Kelly, Jason and Eubanks)

Only You (written by Kelly, Jason and Alex Joseph Townsend)

Read My Mind (written by Kelly and Jason)

When The Vow Breaks (written by Jason, Greg Gene McEntee and Larue). ***This would be a great album title IMO :keir:

1 hour ago, DEGUOM said:

I was looking through ASCAP, specifically for songs written by Kelly's musical director Jason Halbert, and found some interesting titles...

When The Vow Breaks (written by Jason, Greg Gene McEntee and Larue). ***This would be a great album title IMO :keir:

“When The Vow Breaks”? Oh she is not playing around :jonny:

1 hour ago, DEGUOM said:

These are pretty old. A rule of thumb for finding new ones on ASCAP/BMI rep is checking the work ID to indicate how long ago they were registered. New ones are at least in the 900 millions (e.g., Merry Christmas Baby is 913,617,849 and I Saw You is 393,633,531). 

51 minutes ago, br3tt said:

These are pretty old. A rule of thumb for finding new ones on ASCAP/BMI rep is checking the work ID to indicate how long ago they were registered. New ones are at least in the 900 millions (e.g., Merry Christmas Baby is 913,617,849 and I Saw You is 393,633,531). 

What is When the Vow Breaks? I can’t figure out how to search on their website 

On 3/14/2023 at 3:07 PM, KevinKDC said:

Kelly is a legacy act now. The chance of the album selling more than 200K globally in it’s entire run are slim. Doesn’t make sense for Atlantic to invest so much in marketing.

i think we should expect minimum when it comes to chart success and a big role out.

What I am hoping for is the album being universally acclaimed. Kelly has yet to achieve that feat.

I will be disappointed if she doesn’t get a SNL performance though. I mean she is currently the queen of NBC so give her your biggest platform to promote her product.

SNL is a huge commitment (if hosting) and would really be difficult to finagle with her show. Easier if she does move to NYC, but at least musical guest I agree. That’s less of a commitment. The skits and stuff take a lot of prep in a short amount of time. 

2 hours ago, br3tt said:

Thank you for this info! I think some of these were written for TKCS segments (I don't watch every day, so not sure)...

A Quiet Case (written by Jason and Jessi Collins) Work ID: 918069994

Epic Story Time (written by Jason and Jessi) Work ID: 918064723

But That's Not All (written by Jason, Jaco Caraco, Lester Estelle and Kyle Whalum) Work ID: 918055464

Full of Bull (written by Jason and Jessi) Work ID: 918063568

Helen Hunt for the Truth (written by Jason, Jaco, Lester and Kyle) Work ID: 918058019 ***Likely a TKCS segment :P

Obsessions (written by Jason and Jessi) Work ID: 918066186

Out of This World (written by Jason and Jessi) Work ID: 918066430

Pee Pee Standoff (written by Jason, Jaco, Lester and Kyle) Work ID: 918061080 ***Really hope this was a TKCS segment LOL

Perfect Pairs (written by Jason and Jessi) Work ID: 918065807

Ready to Roll (written by Jason and Jessi) Work ID: 919779660

Rhythm & News (written by Jason and Jessi) Work ID: 919790526

Road Trip (written by Jason and Jessi) Work ID: 919784042

That'll Do the Trick (written by Jason and Jessi) Work ID: 918048395

Throw Me A Line (written by Jason and Jessi) Work ID: 918059488

From Moe36 on Pulse: 

From a friend who works in radio:

"While Kelly has always been known for her ability to convey a wide range of emotions through her music, her upcoming divorce album promises to take listeners on an even more profound emotional journey. As she navigates the challenges of heartbreak, self-doubt, and ultimately, self-acceptance, Clarkson's powerful voice and authentic lyrics will likely resonate with those who have experienced similar struggles. However, it's not all heartache and sadness. Clarkson's innate resilience and strength are also evident in her new music. As she moves through the stages of loss and healing, she emerges as a stronger and more empowered individual, embracing her independence and newfound self-worth. This message of hope and perseverance is sure to inspire listeners, reminding them that even in the darkest times, there is always a way forward."

they must be preparing radio now! It’s coming soon! Also this sounds so promising. What a nice message 

1 hour ago, RealityBites said:

From Moe36 on Pulse: 

"While Kelly has always been known for her ability to convey a wide range of emotions through her music, her upcoming divorce album promises to take listeners on an even more profound emotional journey. As she navigates the challenges of heartbreak, self-doubt, and ultimately, self-acceptance, Clarkson's powerful voice and authentic lyrics will likely resonate with those who have experienced similar struggles. However, it's not all heartache and sadness. Clarkson's innate resilience and strength are also evident in her new music. As she moves through the stages of loss and healing, she emerges as a stronger and more empowered individual, embracing her independence and newfound self-worth. This message of hope and perseverance is sure to inspire listeners, reminding them that even in the darkest times, there is always a way forward."

they must be preparing radio now! It’s coming soon! Also this sounds so promising. What a nice message 

spacer.png

"My record's coming soon" (00:30 mark) :duca:

7 hours ago, RealityBites said:

From Moe36 on Pulse: 

This kind of sounds like a conceptual album on which the songs are in a precise order to tell the story, with songs about heartbreak at the beginning, then differemt stages of dealing with it and finally relief and strength from it being all in the past. Would be nice. Not trying to get my hopes up though. #soon

23 hours ago, RealityBites said:

From Moe36 on Pulse: 

Wonder if this will be like Miley’s album where it starts off slow/sad and picks up at the half way mark. Im sat. 

1 hour ago, Baby Boy said:

Wonder if this will be like Miley’s album where it starts off slow/sad and picks up at the half way mark. Im sat. 

I feel like it’s gonna start of good, sad, mad/angry/rage, then strength. She’s said it many times that it’s an arch of a relationship 

Please god, let this be the sound of the divorce album!!!!! :duca:

Edited by badbitch51

6 hours ago, badbitch51 said:

Please god, let this be the sound of the divorce album!!!!! :duca:

At 50secs she sounded identical to Jazmine. WOW 

OMG the tracklist leaked :duca:

Spoiler

1. Mr. Unright

2. When The Vow Breaks

3. The Ranch

4. Rock Hudson

5. You Know What You Did (Last Summer)

6. If Only I Could Forget

7. Broken Dreams (Brandon’s Song Redux)

8. Cry In The Dark

9. Untie The Knot

10. Those Three Little Words (I Hate You)

11. Break...Away

12. Maybe Not

13. Found My Happily Ever After (ft. River Rose & Remy)

14. You + Me - You = Me

Spoiler

:eli:

6 minutes ago, DEGUOM said:

OMG the tracklist leaked :duca:

Hide contents

1. Mr. Unright

2. When The Vow Breaks

3. The Ranch

4. Rock Hudson

5. You Know What You Did (Last Summer)

6. If Only I Could Forget

7. Broken Dreams (Brandon’s Song Redux)

8. Cry In The Dark

9. Untie The Knot

10. Those Three Little Words (I Hate You)

11. Break...Away

12. Maybe Not

13. Found My Happily Ever After (ft. River Rose & Remy)

14. You + Me - You = Me

Reveal hidden contents

:eli:

:rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.