ezgif-1-63890d9410.gif

1 minute ago, Legend E said:

stan golden hit legend

ezgif-1-63890d9410.gif

omg we have golden hit participators here? :duca:

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, BurnGoesTheChivas said:

omg we have golden hit participators here? :duca:

always there to help those in need (kelly)

giphy.thumb.gif.fe6e1c10e99942a333c9bb4f

Just now, Legend E said:

always there to help those in need (kelly)

giphy.thumb.gif.fe6e1c10e99942a333c9bb4f

We have loads of time to recruit more helpers until she releases her upcoming My Montana album in 2078 :giraffe:

17 minutes ago, Legend E said:

stan golden hit legend

ezgif-1-63890d9410.gif

:heart:

ezgif-1-63890d9410.gif

New podcast in-depth interview with Kelly. 

kelly Mentions a new song “Red Flag Collector”

A really interesting podcast! Thanks for the find!

apparently the album is in the mastering process

we are going to have all the emotions, including “rage” :jonnycat:

Wouldn’t be surprised if red flag collector is a country song 

5 hours ago, RealityBites said:

New podcast in-depth interview with Kelly. 

kelly Mentions a new song “Red Flag Collector”

Wait didn’t she joke about naming a song this on her show? 

12 minutes ago, Baby Boy said:

Wait didn’t she joke about naming a song this on her show? 

Yeah I remember that. But maybe it’s one of the last songs she recorded that she mentioned and made a song based off of it. 

is it Kelly? 

22 hours ago, BravoTangoWhiskey said:

A really interesting podcast! Thanks for the find!

apparently the album is in the mastering process

we are going to have all the emotions, including “rage” :jonnycat:

The episode was allegedly recorded on feb 12; so the mastering should be done and it’s probably being pressed atm.

26 minutes ago, Heartbeat Song said:

is it Kelly? 

I'd say probably not since the episode she filmed the other day where she sings "a song from the new album" isn't airing for another month.

However, she did say they are planning a different way to roll out the album, so I suppose a surprise single release is at least in the realm of possibility.

I want Atlantic to take a page from Columbia to start hyping up a new era of Kelly like they did for Adele, Harry and Miley. We need the marketing to go viral. Projectors of Kelly's new era logo (like 30) on famous landmarks or posters plastered worldwide. 

Edited by publikcitizen

1 minute ago, based said:

I'd say probably not since the episode she filmed the other day where she sings "a song from the new album" isn't airing for another month.

However, she did say they are planning a different way to roll out the album, so I suppose a surprise single release is at least in the realm of possibility.

Kelly was choosing very carefully her words. The fact that she didn’t say single but specifically “song from the album” makes me think it’s not the lead single and most likely a promo track.

For all we know the single can drop any day now.

2 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

I want Atlantic to take a page from Columbia to start hyping up a new era of Kelly like they did for Adele, Harry and Miley. We need the marketing to go viral. Projectors of Kelly's new era logo (like 30) on famous landmarks or posters plastered worldwide. 

Kelly is a legacy act now. The chance of the album selling more than 200K globally in it’s entire run are slim. Doesn’t make sense for Atlantic to invest so much in marketing.

i think we should expect minimum when it comes to chart success and a big role out.

What I am hoping for is the album being universally acclaimed. Kelly has yet to achieve that feat.

I will be disappointed if she doesn’t get a SNL performance though. I mean she is currently the queen of NBC so give her your biggest platform to promote her product.

I do think they could take a more sophisticated approach to the marketing of it, but also to be fair, Atlantic gave MOL tons of great promotional slots and push especially during the LSS launch and first few months following the album's release. Her busy schedule with The Voice and later getting the talk show off the ground is what made things dry up. But even with that, Heat had quite a few performance slots, especially for the third single from an album that wasn't selling wildly.

What I'd like to see is a documentary + live concert special similar to the format of Adele's special she did on CBS for 30. Have Kelly sit down with Jason, Jesse Shatkin, and maybe even the rest of her band and talk about the making of the album with live performances of the new songs mixed throughout an hour and a half runtime. SNL would be another great opportunity, and I think with the move to NYC, it'll be much easier to make that happen. I'd also love for her to do more podcasts to give her ample time for discussion because that's also where she really shines. The interview we got yesterday is a prime example of that. So things like Armchair Expert, Zach Sang's show, Zane Lowe, etc.

Speaking of Zane Lowe, Apple Music has also started doing some live streamed concerts recently. I know they did one for Harry Styles and Mary J Blige, so that could be some nice streaming promotion as well. There are a lot of options out there for sure, and I'd like to see them take advantage of more long-form content rather than just having her go around to all these different talk shows and outlets for 7-minute interviews. 

I also agree that the expectations going forward, at least from fans, should be on Kelly's critical reception. This album will likely be her best chance so far at gaining some higher marks from critics, so I'm excited to see how that pans out. Her time of getting huge hits and sales is likely over, but I wouldn't be surprised if the album and lead single still manage to cross Gold and 1x Platinum respectively like MOL and LSS managed to do. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.