• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BravoTangoWhiskey

• RealityBites

• jpsketch

• Heartbeat Song

Does anybody know the story of Rock Hudson? Why would she name a song after him? All I know is that Rock Hudson was a famous actor in the 50’s and 60’s. He used to act in romantic films as the attractive guy. He later died of HIV/AIDS. Anybody know anymore about his story, and why a song would be named after him?

I hope those lyrics are not true…

1 minute ago, Julianna Calm Down said:

Does anybody know the story of Rock Hudson? Why would she name a song after him? All I know is that Rock Hudson was a famous actor in the 50’s and 60’s. He used to act in romantic films as the attractive guy. He later died of HIV/AIDS. Anybody know anymore about his story, and why a song would be named after him?

IIRC, I think she explained it as her believing her love was like that of old school romance movies, only to find out that real life isn't as pretty as a movie. That's why she named the song after an old-school movie star. Like she thought Brandon was a dream romance movie lead (like the kinds of characters Rock Hudson played) only to find out that he was not.

Though, picking a movie star who was also gay is...interesting. Though, I'm guessing Kelly didn't think through the implications people could make if she compares Brandon to Rock Hudson.

Pulse poster (seems like an insider) said that song is not the lead. 

1 hour ago, RealityBites said:

Pulse poster (seems like an insider) said that song is not the lead. 

Good!! I'm here for it just not as a single lol 

Does anyone have access to the other lyrics rumored to be on the album? I remember that there was something laying around on twitter, but I couldn't find it. 

Hoping the lead single will be a mid tempo bop. And maybe a ballad single in the fall. 

I’d personally be here for a big, juicy ballad but that may be too predictable of an angle to take with this rollout. Very interested to see what direction they go for the campaign of this record across the board. 

Also, not to go off on a tangent, but it’s crazy to think about how different her life (and the world, really,) has changed since MOL. Just comparing then to now, she was a mom to newborns, happily married, didn’t have a TV empire, and her public image/celebrity status was not even close to what it is now. 

5 hours ago, Julianna Calm Down said:

rumored lyrics:

you were my rock hudson
it was real but it wasn't
no one ever saw it coming
i was never what you wanted

like a real life movie
didn't think it'd happen to me
guess it didn't you just fooled me
who knew love was so confusing

courtesy of someone over at the pulse forum

Sigh. 

3 hours ago, based said:

I’d personally be here for a big, juicy ballad but that may be too predictable of an angle to take with this rollout. Very interested to see what direction they go for the campaign of this record across the board. 

Also, not to go off on a tangent, but it’s crazy to think about how different her life (and the world, really,) has changed since MOL. Just comparing then to now, she was a mom to newborns, happily married, didn’t have a TV empire, and her public image/celebrity status was not even close to what it is now. 

First single. 

OMG hopeful. If she's performing a new single on 3/27 would that mean it could be released on 3/24?so when would she announce the single then? Like this or next week right? 

9 hours ago, jpsketch said:

Why sigh? These  lyrics are so juicy 

Did you write them, king? Or was it your insider friend? :duca:

38 minutes ago, BurnGoesTheChivas said:

Did you write them, king? Or was it your insider friend? :duca:

ur so annoying lmaoooo

12 hours ago, jpsketch said:

Why sigh? These  lyrics are so juicy 

:rip: 

Nice to see you still on here, jp! Hope all is well 

Well looks like we are finally getting the album. Can’t believe it’s been six damn years.

Do we have any idea what we can expect sonically from the album?

Not sure how I feel about a ballad being the first single (if this is true), cuz Kelly is very hit or miss when it comes to ballads. She often walks that thin line between empowering and just damn cliche lyrics.

So many negative Nancy’s in here. We are getting new music people! This is great news! Can’t wait! 

1 hour ago, MJ Boston said:

:rip: 

Nice to see you still on here, jp! Hope all is well 

All is well. I'm super excited about everything that's coming.

28 minutes ago, jpsketch said:

All is well. I'm super excited about everything that's coming.

Same. It has been forever since we’ve had new non-Christmas music. I’m just hoping for some more depth lyrically than in some of her past albums but I am sure the album is going to be amazing. 

confirmed via IG live... on her show's account not her main, that she is performing the single on today's taping to be aired later. she said they don't shoot that far in advance. my guess would be airing 3/24 and iheart 3/27 performing?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.