Janet Jackson

Bitchcraft

On 9/21/2022 at 8:37 AM, Bloodflowers. said:

Janet documentary and fixing her YT channel seems like it happened ages ago already

Her YT isn't fully fixed though

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kishi

• HandsomeGumDrop

• PopThatCorn

• Moth 2 The Flame

I Get Lonely and Go Deep have finally been unblocked and made available worldwide, plus they fixed the thumbnail for IGL. They haven't been upgraded to HD yet though but will most likely be done soon. Hopefully Together Again is unblocked in time for the 25th anniversary of TVR, and that they also upload Together Again (Deeper Remix), You & Every Time videos.

Janet's videos getting unblocked and her being the most acclaimed female pop star by Pitchfork in the same week... :wanda:

Maybe we're finally winning (for once). :gaynetcat2:

1 hour ago, PopThatCorn said:

Janet's videos getting unblocked and her being the most acclaimed female pop star by Pitchfork in the same week... :wanda:

Maybe we're finally winning (for once). :gaynetcat2:

Maybe. But I hate celebrating the bare minimum. It’s like we have to lower our standards all the time, while the other OG MPG fans would never go through this. 

15 minutes ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

Maybe. But I hate celebrating the bare minimum. It’s like we have to lower our standards all the time, while the other OG MPG fans would never go through this. 

I agree but we all know Janet does not care anymore so the bare minimum is as good as it's gonna get. :busted:

Kinda hilarious that they're doing every single video before Together Again tho. Whoever is fixing everything is still trolling us. :skull:

For the first time ever, Together Again is available to stream globally from Janet's official YouTube page. :cries:

(Hopefully it will be remastered to HD asap :gaynetcat2:)

Stream the video Janetors/Janitors/Janhova followers. Whenever you can, put it on. It has the potential to be her top viewed video and could really help out her presence on the platform. :gaynetcat4:

Doesn't Really Matter just got uploaded 5 minutes ago! And it's in HD too. I guess her team/UMG is finally doing their job in regards to maintaining her legacy.

DRM finally uploaded... I can't believe this day has come. :sosad:

A part of me wonders if UMG Japan was the reason so many of her videos were blocked and not uploaded on her channel?

I mean after the release of the Japanese Singles Collection GH album for that country her videos started becoming available globally and the remastering picked up again ever since the unblocking of the AFY video in May last year.

6 hours ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

A part of me wonders if UMG Japan was the reason so many of her videos were blocked and not uploaded on her channel?

I mean after the release of the Japanese Singles Collection GH album for that country her videos started becoming available globally and the remastering picked up again ever since the unblocking of the AFY video in May last year.

Maybe UMG just realized while preparing the Japan DVD, that the videos were missing from her channel? :skull:

Runaway was made available on streaming in early 2020, and bits of the music video play when you stream it on Spotify. And yet they never bothered to upload the video to YouTube. Now years later, it's still not uploaded.

To me, it just seems like whoever was in charge was simply sloppy and/or didn't care. Who knows tho.

Make Me was just uploaded!

I'm so happy they're fixing her Youtube channel... I didn't know Together Again and Go Deep had been unblocked! Hopefully we get music videos like Someone to Call My Lover and Runaway.

4 minutes ago, allforyou said:

I'm so happy they're fixing her Youtube channel... I didn't know Together Again and Go Deep had been unblocked! Hopefully we get music videos like Someone to Call My Lover and Runaway.

Make Me was already uploaded though and has 2 million views. I don't know why they didn't just remaster that one...

Just now, TheGreatestX said:

Make Me was already uploaded though and has 2 million views. I don't know why they didn't just remaster that one...

Maybe because it wasn't uploaded on her VEVO channel? It's the only explanation I can think of

2 hours ago, allforyou said:

Her entire video catalog has seen a boost in views the past few days, but at least 3 have hit a daily record:

Call On Me - Most views in a day: 6,112 (2022/10/01)

Together Again - Most views in a day: 2,847 (2022/10/01)

Love Will Never Do - Most views in a day: 5,814 (2022/10/01)

The real question is: when will Discipline be available for streaming?

3 hours ago, DuffStan said:

The real question is: when will Discipline be available for streaming?

THIS!

she’s teasing and serving:jonnycat:

Get ready everyone for special Deluxe edition of TVR25 release this Friday! Plus the remastered videos for Together Again-You are coming as well. (But where's Every Time?  :katie:)

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/deluxe-25th-anniversary-edition-janet-jackson-velvet-rope/

A new deluxe edition of Janet Jackson’s Grammy-winning, national and international chart-topper The Velvet Rope will be released on Friday (October 7), exactly 25 years since its debut. The new version will feature no fewer than ten bonus tracks that become available on streaming platforms for the first time, including much-sought B-sides and remixes. Among these are the rare “Accept Me” and “God’s Stepchild,” and the collection also hosts numerous remixes that were previously only available on CD singles.

The mixes include Teddy Riley’s TNT Remix of “I Get Lonely” featuring BLACKstreet; the J. Dilla (Ummah Jay Dee) remix of “Got ‘Til It’s Gone”; and Timbaland and Missy “Misdemeanor” Elliott’s remix of “Go Deep.” Club mixes of various tracks are also included by David Morales & Frankie Knuckles, Masters at Work, Tony Moran, Jason Nevins, and Tony Humphries.

In tandem with Friday’s reissue, remastered versions of Jackson’s music videos for “Go Deep,” “I Get Lonely,” “You,” “Got ’Til It’s Gone,” and “Together Again [Deeper Remix].” will also become available to watch on YouTube in HD for the first time ever.

The album, produced by Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis for Flyte Tyme Productions Inc. and Ms. Jackson, embraced her fearless songwriting themes of female sexuality, domestic violence, and mental health, through the lens of a black woman. It debuted at No.1 on the Billboard 200 and won a plethora of multi-platinum, platinum, and gold certifications around the world, also winning a place among Rolling Stone’s 500 Greatest Albums of All Time list.

The Velvet Rope also contained the Billboard Hot 100 No.1 “Together Again,” the Top 3 hit “I Get Lonely,” and other hugely popular tracks such as “Go Deep” and “Got ‘Til It’s Gone,” The latter song, which sampled Joni Mitchell’s 1970 staple “Big Yellow Taxi,” featured both Mitchell and Q-Tip, and won a Grammy for Best Music Video, Short Form.

Pre-order the deluxe edition of Janet Jackson’s The Velvet Ropewhich is released on Friday (October 7). 

3 minutes ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

Get ready everyone for special Deluxe edition of TVR25 release this Friday! Plus the remastered videos for Together Again-You are coming as well. (But where's Every Time?  :katie:)

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/deluxe-25th-anniversary-edition-janet-jackson-velvet-rope/

Her team actually doing something :jonny6: I'm speechless

Tracklist for TVR25 deluxe edition release.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/janet-jackson-releases-the-velvet-rope-deluxe-edition-october-7-2022-301639032.html

THE VELVET ROPE: DELUXE EDITION

Component 1:
1. Interlude -Twisted Elegance
2. Velvet Rope [feat. Vanessa-Mae]
3. You
4. Got 'Til It's Gone [feat. Q-Tip & Joni Mitchell]
5. Interlude - Speaker Phone
6. My Need
7. Interlude - Fasten Your Seatbelts
8. Go Deep
9. Free Xone
10. Interlude - Memory
11. Together Again
12. Interlude - Online
13. Empty
14. Interlude - Full
15. What About
16. Every Time
17. Tonight's The Night
18. I Get Lonely
19. Rope Burn
20. Anything
21. Interlude - Sad
22. Special
23. Can't Be Stopped
24. Accept Me [Bonus Track] *
25. God's Stepchild [Bonus Track] *

Component 2:
1. I Get Lonely (TNT Remix Edit) with BLACKstreet *
2. Got 'Til It's Gone (Ummah Jay Dee's Revenge Mix) *
3. Go Deep (Timbaland/Missy Remix) featuring Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott *
4. Together Again (Jimmy Jam Deeper Mix) *
5. Every Time (Jam & Lewis Disco Mix)
6. I Get Lonely (Jam & Lewis Feel My Bass Mix) *
7. Got 'Til It's Gone (David Morales & Frankie Knuckles Def Club Mix) *
8. Together Again (Tony Moran 12" Club Mix) *
9. Go Deep (Masters at Work Thunder Mix) *
10. Together Again (Tony Humphries Club Mix Edit)
11. I Get Lonely (Jason vs. Janet The Club Remix)
12. Go Deep (Masters At Work Vocal Deep Disco Dub)
13. Got 'Til It's Gone (Armand Van Helden Bonus Beats)
* = new to streaming

SOURCE Universal Music Enterprises

This is exciting!

Can’t wait to hear the bonus tracks. I wonder if she’ll do anything to promote? Even a TikTok? :gaynetcat2:

3 hours ago, dabunique said:

Wow what a legend :worship2:  

Doja must be gagging, I know she worships J.

Edited by Damien M

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.