Demi Lovato

Phoenixstar

1 minute ago, thatsmydemi said:

TMYLM was released on the last day of Grammy's deadline. In fact, the album release was rushed because of this. You can tell they thought she was gonna get a nom and dropped it right before the deadline. And this is pretty much confirmed when she dropped the era as soon as the Grammy noms were out :toofunny3:. I guess they got too cocky after the success of SNS and thought they could snatch a nom for the album when the reality is most of the albums that drop right before the deadline are usually overlooked. 

If they had waited after the deadline to release the album and had milked the era, the chances could've been a lot bigger and maybe she could've snatched a nom the following year. 

Let's hope they don't make the same mistake with her new era, this could honestly be her chance with the direction she's going.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thatsmydemi

• Freakshowvato

• VictorJustino

• KBax

God, I need music news so bad. 

Everyone is releasing and fans are hyped and excited, and here we are :weeps: 

7 hours ago, thatsmydemi said:

God, I need music news so bad. 

Everyone is releasing and fans are hyped and excited, and here we are :weeps: 

What was the wordle thing she posted? 

8 hours ago, Confusion said:

What was the wordle thing she posted? 

I thought she was teasing but Idk anymore. Maybe she was proud lmao

The word was 'sally'

Template | C'mon, Do Something | Know Your Meme

where is the teasing? She went from teasing non-stop to complete silent again 

25 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

Template | C'mon, Do Something | Know Your Meme

where is the teasing? She went from teasing non-stop to complete silent again 

I don't think she's going to realese Soon.

Tow is set to start recording this month...

I think she's going to Focus on that and then start the music project.

Plus She's too focused on Jutes rn

• 2 weeks later...

Still sad she never released Killing U Softly

On 4/9/2024 at 7:48 PM, Confusion said:

Me, this one would be AMAZING for her.

On 4/10/2024 at 12:49 AM, Confusion said:

The chorus is one of the biggest letdowns I've experienced with Demi's music. I'm glad it was scrapped, sorry. :sorry: 

• Like 1

Tow's filming starts this month. Do we know how much it will last? 

3 hours ago, thatsmydemi said:

Tow's filming starts this month. Do we know how much it will last? 

Already started

46 minutes ago, VictorJustino said:

Already started

oh wow :duca: :duca: 

the good thing about it is that she won't be thinking of releasing music just yet. As much as I want it, I just hope she waits till fall or winter to start a new era. 

1 hour ago, thatsmydemi said:

oh wow :duca: :duca: 

the good thing about it is that she won't be thinking of releasing music just yet. As much as I want it, I just hope she waits till fall or winter to start a new era. 

I think she probably will come back from The filming with a Lot of creative Things in mind, so she probably Will Go to Studio. 

Maybe this could Change a Little of the Way she wants to Go now....

I Hope we got some collab for Summer.

• 2 weeks later...

Out of all the eras we've gone through, Dancing with the Devil... The Art of Starting Over is perhaps the one that hurts the most to me. If you could rearrange the album and era, what changes would you do?

Personally, I'd remove MANY tracks and make it shorter and more cohesive sonically. I've been thinking and listening a lot to this album lately and concluded that this is the ideal tracklist for me. I think it works quite well and keeps the album's meaning. You can divide this album into 4 major parts: 1. Relapse and overdose 2. insecurities 3. Max 4. Healing.

Part 1: [Mad World fits quite well the topic of the first part, MW leads to DWTD which represents the lowest point of her life]

1. Mad World

2. Dancing with the Devil

Part 2: [Then we move to the second part, which showcases Demi's insecurities and vulnerability + tells us the BTS story with MC]

3. Lonely People

5. The Way You Don't Look at Me

6. Melon Cake

Part 3: [Sunset represents the heyday of their relationship, Easy represents the end. I don't think that man deserves more tracks in the standard ed.]

7. Sunset

8. Easy

Part 4: [The healing part. CS gave her freedom, she made peace with her father in Butterfly, then finally managed to start over and realizes she's in a good place now]

9. California Sober

10. Butterfly

11. The Start of Starting Over

12. Good Place

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DELUXE Edition [here she can through the collabs and the rest of Max's songs]

13. Met Him Last Night

14. 15 Minutes

15. My Girlfriends are my Boyfriend

Even though MHLN is not about Max, it can still be interpreted as a love/break up track (Max = the devil). These songs kinda standout for me in a bad way because they don't really fit the album for me in terms of sound so I think leaving then for a Deluxe ed. is a great idea. 

Thoughts? I don't know but this kinda sounds like my fave Demi album of all time when you put it like that. :gaycat7:

Edited by thatsmydemi
  • Like 1

On 4/23/2024 at 3:48 AM, thatsmydemi said:

Out of all the eras we've gone through, Dancing with the Devil... The Art of Starting Over is perhaps the one that hurts the most to me. If you could rearrange the album and era, what changes would you do?

Personally, I'd remove MANY tracks and make it shorter and more cohesive sonically. I've been thinking and listening a lot to this album lately and concluded that this is the ideal tracklist for me. I think it works quite well and keeps the album's meaning. You can divide this album into 4 major parts: 1. Relapse and overdose 2. insecurities 3. Max 4. Healing.

Part 1: [Mad World fits quite well the topic of the first part, MW leads to DWTD which represents the lowest point of her life]

1. Mad World

Part 2: [Then we move to the second part, which showcases Demi's insecurities and vulnerability + tells us the BTS story with MC]

3. Lonely People

6. Melon Cake

Part 3: [Sunset represents the heyday of their relationship, Easy represents the end. I don't think that man deserves more tracks in the standard ed.]

7. Sunset

8. Easy

Part 4: [The healing part. CS gave her freedom, she made peace with her father in Butterfly, then finally managed to start over and realizes she's in a good place now]

9. California Sober

10. Butterfly

12. Good Place

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

13. Met Him Last Night

14. 15 Minutes

Even though MHLN is not about Max, it can still be interpreted as a love/break up track (Max = the devil). These songs kinda standout for me in a bad way because they don't really fit the album for me in terms of sound so I think leaving then for a Deluxe ed. is a great idea. 

Thoughts? I don't know but this kinda sounds like my fave Demi album of all time when you put it like that. :gaycat7:

1. Sober 

2. Anyone 

3. Dancing with the Devil 

4. Art of Starting Over 

5. Lonely People 

6. The Way you Don't Look at Me 

7. Melon Cake 

8. Carefully 

9. The Kinda Lover I Am 

10. Easy (feat. Noah)
11. 15 Minutes 

12. Butterfly 

13. Good Place

Im Sorry and Change You can stay too 

On 4/22/2024 at 11:48 AM, thatsmydemi said:

1. Mad World

3. Lonely People

6. Melon Cake

7. Sunset

8. Easy

9. California Sober

10. Butterfly

12. Good Place

13. Met Him Last Night

14. 15 Minutes

For me I wish the album played out like this:

1. Sober

2. I'm Fine

3. Dancing With the Devil

4. Intro

5. The Art of Starting Over

6. Lonely People

6. The Way You Don't Look at Me

7. Change You

8. Melon Cake

9. Carefully

10. 15 Minutes

11. I'm Sorry

12. Eveline (finished version, but what leaked clearly wasn't the final product)

13. California Sober

14. Good Place

I'm not a fan at all of Anyone, sorry ya'll I just can't stand it. ICU is cute, but I've literally only listened to it once and that was when the album came out. It's cute she made it for her sister but I have no reason to listen to it again. 

I always skip What Other People Say, it's not that I don't like it... I just don't feel like it belongs on the album.

Not a fan at all of The Kind of Lover I Am. Easy is tough because I thought I liked it at first but idk it's just become a track I skip now. Love her cover of Mad World I just don't know where to put it on the album. Butterfly I alwasy skip again don't hate me. I don't hate the song I'm just not super into it. 

As for Met Him Last Night I LOOOOOOOOVE this song. Probably my most listened to from the album, but MHLN and My Girlfriends Are My Boyfriends just don't fit on the album. They're more Pop/R&B while the rest of the album is alt pop/soft rock pop.

And lastly I don't like Gray or Sunset

kuawop-kaori.gif

Edited by KBax

Now that I think about it, when are they going to put the DWTDTAOSO deluxe tracks on Spotify? it's been a few years already :grump: 

I was thinking of this, trying to make a New tracklist, Without putting leaked songs...

I would love If the álbum started with an intro, something like Ariana's, one that has rhythm, and she sings a Little bit about her journey, and the intro ends with the start of the opening song.

And The album Ending with an outro, with DWTD closing It.

But I can't make a tracklist.

Would love to see Demi working more on The tracklist of the album, the body of work, and writting everything...

Usually her albums are Full of songs from other writers... I like when she writers. Makes me feel it's closer to her story.

Still have me > anyone

• Like 1

Hi Lovatics. Did Demi announce something yet?

HvztraO.thumb.gif.78ef0a62a4541ffb61edcc

6 hours ago, Princess Aurora said:

Hi Lovatics. Did Demi announce something yet?

HvztraO.thumb.gif.78ef0a62a4541ffb61edcc

She's currently filming Tow so there won't be any news anytime soon probably. :chick3:

• Like 1

I want to know if the song that's on the Bridgerton soundtrack is going to be a new song or an old one. Anyone have any details on it?

16 hours ago, KBax said:

I want to know if the song that's on the Bridgerton soundtrack is going to be a new song or an old one. Anyone have any details on it?

Probably an old one. I'd love to see a classic version of 4ever 4me :smitten: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thatsmydemi said:

Probably an old one. I'd love to see a classic version of 4ever 4me :smitten: 

Watch it be Heart Attack :coffee2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.