Christina Aguilera

Inception

1 hour ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

What a bop this is, isn't it girlies?

:jonny4:

I remember this + Blessed being my favorites on the debut.

I've also been listening to Mi Reflejo lately and the production and songs are just top tier.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beautiful Garbage

• Power love

• La Reina

• I54X

7 hours ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

What a bop this is, isn't it girlies?

:jonny4:

It’s giving lead single :duca:

5 hours ago, PopNStuff said:

I've also been listening to Mi Reflejo lately and the production and songs are just top tier.

mi reflejo STOMPS completely on her debut. her crystal clear vocals there are heavenly.

6 hours ago, Lil' Oz said:

thoughts?

Not a single one of those songs will end up on the final album, in 2025. This is giving warm-up sessions

Legend needs to focus. Her last good body of work was Bionic and that was half my lifetime ago

No way she actually started working. You can bet there will be a random magazine interview about motherhood and yoga this time next year and she will say something like "I'm really excited to dive back into my creative side" or smth like that.

8 hours ago, Lil' Oz said:

thoughts?

Well, Aguilera production is top notch, hope this is true.

A lot of twitter accounts are predicting new music by june-ago.

I think there's a new Adams Family movie coming out this year. So we'll get a new Halloween song at least lol.

3 hours ago, Truth Teller said:

Not a single one of those songs will end up on the final album, in 2025. This is giving warm-up sessions

Legend needs to focus. Her last good body of work was Bionic and that was half my lifetime ago

Now, you are NAWT gonna do Miss Twice & Co. like this. Especially when the bar is L*tus.

Although her most surprising output from the 10's to me will continue to be Shotgun.

OMG, I hope she tours soon again.

Remember that canceled tour with Sam Smith? I wonder how that would have gone...

3 hours ago, Essential said:

Now, you are NAWT gonna do Miss Twice & Co. like this. Especially when the bar is L*tus.

Although her most surprising output from the 10's to me will continue to be Shotgun.

The TASTE :jonnycat: One of her best songs ever

Liberation had some amazing songs, Twice being one of them, but it was not a body of work. It was an assortment of songs she recorded over the course of 3 years without a true unifying sound, theme or purpose. It was a step in the right direction but it's not up there with Stripped, B2B and Bionic. And most of it is forgettable.

8 hours ago, Truth Teller said:

Her last good body of work was Bionic and that was half my lifetime ago

The audacity to call Liberation a bad album. :biblionny:

15 hours ago, PopNStuff said:

Interestingly enough, I never cared about Blessed. Now if we were talking Somebody's Somebody or Obvious, UGH. I feel like they're often never really appreciated by the fighters as they should be. Obvious features her best vocals in the album alongside I Turn to You, imo.

9 hours ago, Power love said:

It’s giving lead single :duca:

This coulda been her fourth #1 at that time. :wanda:

2 hours ago, ReH2o said:

mmm A new hope :gaycat1:

Do they mean the physical release of AGUILERA? Because I don't think she's dropping new music this year tbh. 

2 hours ago, ReH2o said:

mmm A new hope :gaycat1:

I highly doubt it’s the English album. It’s probably for the Aguilera Deluxe that should have came out last year.

I don’t understand why everything is delayed with her brand. 

1 hour ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

The audacity to call Liberation a bad album. :biblionny:

It's not bad, it's just lowkey not an album.

The fanbase would appreciate it much less if it had followed up an actually good body of work as opposed to Cactus and a 6-year silence

Btw her debut is a better album than Liberation, highkey

Its album tracks are all great, unlike other albums of its time that were 3 big singles and then fillers. Blessed, So Emotional, Love For All Seasons, WYPYHOM :flame:

• Like 1

Blessed was the b-side song for the GIAB single. It’s what made me a fan. I will forever love that song. :heart2:

51 minutes ago, Truth Teller said:

The fanbase would appreciate it much less if it had followed up an actually good body of work as opposed to Cactus and a 6-year silence

Liberation is atrocious. I said it and you can say it. It's the most generic and dull album in her entire career. Lotus isn't good but at least it had a little personality.

17 hours ago, Lil' Oz said:

thoughts?

This is the worst news. I don't understand why she keeps working with these producers who are clearly giving her bottom of the barrel scraps while her best collaborators; DJ Premier, Linda Perry, Sia, etc are ignored. Telepathy with Nile Rodgers is her best output since Bionic but her album output following Bionic has just been dollar store remakes of Stripped.

1 hour ago, Truth Teller said:

Well I'd place Liberation in my trinity of Xtina's albums tbh. I actually am of the opinion that some of those tracks would've been far better (commercially) received had they been released by another artist. 

I love love love Like I Do, Twice and Sick of Sittin' to this present day. 

Now I need an album following the sound she made with Telepathy. Or something more urban meets pop/rock like the version of Can't Hold Us Down she's been playing since the Xperience/X Tours. 

1 hour ago, Kanye West said:

It's the most generic

Liberation is far from being generic especially if paired up with Lotus or even Bionic. If anything Liberation is her most urban album to date and she also flirted with reggae for the first time in Right Moves and soulful rock a la Janis Joplin in Sick of Sittin'. The only odd one in there would be Masochist which for all I care it sounds like a Lotus leftover. 

Liberation has some great moments. However, as @Truth Teller has said it lacks a theme/cohesion. Yes, it is an upgrade from Lotus, but that's not hard to accomplish. It just feels very bland compared to her previous albums (sans Lotus). I honestly wish she had never released that "album" (Lotus I mean).

For her next album I want something like B2B/Burlesque. It should be retro meets modern sound, because that seems to what the GP wants from her, judging from the streaming stats.

Btw, we also need a real tour. I want stage production, a fresh set list, new vocal arrangements (stop the ad libs, sis, just sing the freaking song), costume changes instead of these half-assed festival shows. I also think her touring stats have improved greatly from her Liberation Tour days, so she probably could tour arenas. Let's hope for the best.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.