Beyoncé

Kisuke

6 minutes ago, cloudbusting said:

doesn't need to promote even in a hands-off manner, fulfill merch orders, accurately describe products, understand what terms like "limited edition" and "bonus track" mean etc because she's the queen!

:suburban:

sending a single to radio is actually beneath her, like that's peasant work. she worked hard enough and she's bigger than the concept of singles. she's bigger than spotify as well !!!! 

Spoiler

:biblio:

• Haha 3

• Replies 115.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• ScorpiosGroove

15 minutes ago, BnPac said:

Sis, I don't agree at all. Throughout Beyoncé's career bigger events than those have happened and she is still here. 

Ariana is still doing amazing streaming numbers when CC was released after her, Coachella happened and rap beefs are going on. 

SZA is still doing fantastic, despite Ariana releasing, Beyoncé releasing, rap beefs etc. 

Artists coexist all the time. 

True, u gotta point there.

So Cowboy Carter is just bad? 

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

oh-

ik this day would come but not this fast.

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, Devin said:

oh-

spacer.png

I think it's time tbh. Would've made an amazing 9-10 track album…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, Devin said:

oh-

spacer.png

Im just paraphrasing :suburban:

36 minutes ago, Devin said:

now we can go back to lashing her for fumbling the bag again. she only the artist that wanna be indie so bad ik charthive is fuming.

spacer.png

Not her finally trying to be relatable at 42 after dominating the pop scene since 2000

happy rickey smiley GIF by TV One

3 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

I think it's time tbh. Would've made an amazing 9-10 track album…

*14-16 tracks

sad bc this one of her best albums.

spacer.png

• Like 2

American requiem 

16c

texas hold em

daughter

Flamenco (acceptable song length version)

riiverdance 

tyrant 

sweet/honey ONLY 

the rest can GO 

• Thumbs Down 4

I think enough time has passed. COWBOY CARTER is an amazing album. On first listen I was blown away and felt overwhelmed. It took two or three listens for it really to click. 

In ways it's better than Renaissance: Vocally, lyrically, imaginatively. I feel it's fair to consider it her best album on the artistic merit of what she accomplished.

At the same time, I don't think it's my favorite Beyoncé album. In terms of jam factor and replay value I like Renaissance slightly more.

ACTS I and II still highly superior to her discography prior and that won't change.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

American requiem 

16c

texas hold em

daughter

Flamenco (acceptable song length version)

riiverdance 

tyrant 

sweet/honey ONLY 

the rest can GO 

jail. :rip:

1. american requiem
  2. blackbird
  3. 16 carriages
  4. protector
  5. texas hold em
  6. bodyguard
  7. jolene
  8. daughter
  9. ii most wanted
  10. levis jeans
  11. flamenco
  12. ya ya 
  13. riverdance
  14. ii hands ii heaven
  15. tyrant
  16. shb

an album :cm:

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Space&Time said:

I think enough time has passed. COWBOY CARTER is an amazing album. On first listen I was blown away and felt overwhelmed. It took two or three listens for it really to click. 

In ways it's better than Renaissance: Vocally, lyrically, imaginatively. I feel it's fair to consider it her best album on the artistic merit of what she accomplished.

At the same time, I don't think it's my favorite Beyoncé album. In terms of jam factor and replay value I like Renaissance slightly more.

ACTS I and II still highly superior to her discography prior and that won't change.

Ill be honest: my interest in CC is decreasing insanely fast than any album since 4 after its release (including the Gift which is love)... Im already skipping songs, which never happened before 3 weeks after the release of any of her albums 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

They just need to release the videos. Like what is going on??? 
i know Nadia is annoyed 

So the novelty is wearing off and just  100 signed copies as promo? Typical…. 

Great first weeks, beautiful first weeks…. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

True, u gotta point there.

Lol at this trap. Pffddhjk

But no, SZA had a video going first week and a couple videos prior to the era. She is also messy like Bey though tbh but she's still new so she gives videos here and there and performances. 

Ariana had a second video, strong 2nd single push and a performance all on the release week. 

Beyoncé is ... something different. 

Lmao some of you need some fresh air for real :skull: it's literally not that serious.

if she doesn't care for her "low" (mind you she is doing better than Renaissance) streams, why do you guys care so much? Is it your career that's in question? Like i truly don't understand. :rip:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You could remove from Smoke Hour II to the Linda Martell Show and it wouldn't affect the storytelling of the album.  But some of these revised tracklists y'all are coming up with butcher the concept entirely :deadbanana4:

I do think the album is too long but there's not a single on the song on the album I hate and feel the need to skip. It just means I don't listen to it front to back like I do Ren

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Ill be honest: my interest in CC is decreasing insanely fast than any album since 4 after its release (including the Gift which is love)... Im already skipping songs, which never happened before 3 weeks after the release of any of her albums 

I'm in a similar boat. I can't listen to the album and full like I did the first week. I find some songs I'm just not in the mood for until I am.

This reminds me of how I felt with Lemonade. Which is probably why I like the BEYONCÉ album more than it. BEYONCÉ and Renaissance have better replay value, the songs on those were individually strong so much that apart or of the whole you wanted to experience it over and over.

But let's be clear, no Beyoncé album has a "Daughter" or a "Bodyguard" or a "16 Carriages" so definitely giving the songs credit for the feats they accomplish.

Could you guys imagine a Daughter's stripped down performance? Ugh, the chills. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

lbr the album came and went :rip: 

outside of those drea kelly videos no one talks about it anymore…

Yeah, the industry itself seems to be on a 2 week to 1 month stay with albums now, oversaturation of the market even affects massive A-listers.

Beyoncé however, literally just does not promote her music, so after the general hype and interest of week 1 and the excitement for those who are fans in weeks 2-4, there is not much left to do when non fans are not checking Twitter/Insta/TikTok etc. They watch television, listen to radio, or are offline completely and will find out through commercials or hearing songs in movies, shows, live performance.

The streams are about the same as Ari so they're good, but I can't imagine this is a good indication of a successful act 3 when the fans in this very thread are saying they barely stream CC lol.

levi jeans and tyrant are what I come back to the most, then I tend to listen to Renaissance 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Space&Time said:

But let's be clear, no Beyoncé album has a "Daughter" 

This is my hill to die on, the strongest of CC are literally some of her best work imo.

American Requiiem

Daughter

Jolene (on constant repeat, she ate it, sorry, the end is godlike)

Riiverdance

Tyrant

SHB

Amen

• Thanks 1

The album didn't come and go.

I'm afraid chart obsession has rotted some brains.

Also this generation has a pathologically short attention span.

kRle0q0.gif

• Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

the album is 2.5 weeks old :skull: "came and went" 

we have no idea what's to come with this era. the renaissance tour didn't begin until 9 months after the album came out

• Like 2

I'm still listen to CC but I must admit I do feel apathetic toward this album era, if it even is or will be one. Which is very weird for me as a decades long fan, but it's just hard to get invested or show passion anymore.

I'm just tired of the mystery act post release and will clock out until there's movement, which is most likely a tour. 

Maybe it's also a getting older thing. 
#haghive

Edited by Island Goddess
  • Like 9

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.