Beyoncé

Kisuke

Yeah it almost doesn’t feel like we are in a new Beyoncé era. I usually feel the impact for days. But with this slow drop, no visuals, it’s quiet. If we didn’t have the radio updates it would literally be crickets. 

• Replies 111.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

3 hours ago, jane said:

This  war Beyoncé has against perfection is still the reason she is doing things like this. Keeping a music video that would take this song all the way to #1 on Billboard because then the era would look perfect and she would go back to full glory. It's like she always finds a way to remove a key element in the mix and she has been doing that for a while i feel. I still dont see the point except maybe pissing off some fans and not reaching her full potential as an artist. Perhaps she thinks that is helping her staying authentic but i disagree. It's kinda becoming annoying now.

Honest question, how does. #1 single benefit Beyoncé?

YOU ALL want it so you can use HER success to brag to other fans on this forum. 

that’s it.

Are they teasing a Tidal exclusive music video :sistrens:

4 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Let me ******* not. 

7 minutes ago, Mistah.Beyonce said:

that’s it.

I admit I’ve always been chart hive however I personally feel like her work deserves way more credit than it’s gotten. If lemonade or even Beyoncé were the top selling albums of their respective years there’s no way they would have denied an AOTY. She should have had a thriller like MJ, purple rain like prince and even a 21 like Adele. 

10 minutes ago, Mistah.Beyonce said:

that’s it.

!!!!!

12 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Just now, carameldelight said:

Go Away No GIF by Amanda Cee Media

Jay hasn’t ever done a tidal exclusive. At least not one I can recall.

26 minutes ago, Mitsouko said:

She slept on the era and the era got QUIETER

ezgif-4-e38197aeb0.gif

:lmao:

2 minutes ago, carameldelight said:

Jay hasn’t ever done a tidal exclusive. At least not one I can recall.

Jay gave up that exclusive crap a long time ago, only Bey hold on to it. Jay is business oriented so he wont let stupid stunts ruin his numbers. As an artist, numbers do matter and he still understands that. Beyoncé wont listen to anyone about it, she is determined to become a female version of Prince. Well look how that turned out for Prince, in the end the man died and his money hungry team still got a hold of the money so all of his exclusive, secretive crap was ALL for NOTHING!  

Yeah, I care about how Beyoncé performs on the charts to some extent. I don’t know why some hive members, particularly those on ATRL, act like that is a bad thing. 

Bey has brainwashed some of you into  thinking that charts and sales don’t matter. But they do. Bey wouldn’t be where she is on talent and critical acclaim alone. She got to where she is because she was one of the biggest selling artists worldwide for a big proportion of her career.

Her music needs to perform well in order to enhance her brand awareness and thus her brand equity, which as a result helps the prosperity of her other business ventures and endorsements. I don’t need her to perform well on the charts so I can brag on ATRL because I  genuinely do not take the opinion of ATRLers seriously most of the time. 

please god drop the video @Beyonce we are in an "active" era and having the same things we were discussing a year ago

39 minutes ago, Bey Admired said:

Yeah, I care about how Beyoncé performs on the charts to some extent. I don’t know why some hive members, particularly those on ATRL, act like that is a bad thing. 

Bey has brainwashed some of you into  thinking that charts and sales don’t matter. But they do. Bey wouldn’t be where she is on talent and critical acclaim alone. She got to where she is because she was one of the biggest selling artists worldwide for a big proportion of her career.

Her music needs to perform well in order to enhance her brand awareness and thus her brand equity, which as a result helps the prosperity of her other business ventures and endorsements. I don’t need her to perform well on the charts so I can brag on ATRL because I  genuinely do not take the opinion of ATRLers seriously most of the time. 

Well said, who cares about bragging rights on here? 

Most of the legends and people who are considered greatest of all time from the Beatles to MJ, to Madonna, etc had massive chart success and sales. There’s nothing wrong with fans wanting that for their fave.

And is she losing the young generation by not being a streaming monster?Rih’s always made her music accessible hence her domination with a 6 year absence from music. Bey literally just recently let lemonade on all streaming services setting her back on there and billboard. Don’t get me wrong she still holds her own weight but there’s too much self sabotaging for no reason. 

Edited by carameldelight

She HAS to do Tiny Desk. I didn't realize how huge their videos were - Dua LIpa's has 85 million views. :deadbanana4: It is the perfect promo vehicle for her.

4 minutes ago, Devin said:

Tiny Desk sounds nice frfr. :jonny5:

She doesn't have to talk and she can just give us a stripped back performance. We haven't had that in 10 years.

Just now, ShouldersSideways said:

She doesn't have to talk and she can just give us a stripped back performance. We haven't had that in 10 years.

!!!

That’s what I miss, a cute stripped back moment.

tbh at this point what the OBHs of ATRL are saying is kinda true: Beyoncé has become too good for the general public. I dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing bc personally I still love her. But the way this rollout has been treated, the silence, the lack of promo, no video 2 weeks in, its like she decided to give us a traditional rollout without the actual traditional part of it (aka the promo).

Wheres the 72 Questions? The Tiny Desk Concert? The Chicken Shop Date? 

Im just joking but my point is she needs to up her public awareness campaign that shes back, her and her team have probably, while being self aware, gassed themselves into thinking that shes untouchable, no legend is untouchable, all it takes is for the public to decide u no longer are one in their eyes and u become an instant commercial has been. 

That being said it doesnt matter if the GP no longer sees her as a legend who cares her stats speak for themselves but I want her to SMASH, because if she smashes, she fights against ageism, she gives hope for the other girls that you can still be a HIT and be allowed to grow old simultaneously! I want her to cement herself to the new generation so they learn about her amazing discog and that wont happen if she lets this era flop!

She needs to GET UP!

Edited by MingYouToo

2 minutes ago, Devin said:

!!!

That’s what I miss, a cute stripped back moment.

Yes her simple acapella version of halo being sung at the hospital used to always go viral. People love it. 

The biggest mistake Beyonce made was getting so pretentious about her work.  Youre a pop star, not Picasso.  

If she makes the videos exclusive to some VR merch or part of a musical film; the era will be dead on arrival.

The reception to BMS shows that the GP is still ready for her, if she releases fire.  Playing hide and go seek w release info and promo is something they wont do to hear her music.  Attention spans are short.

Its silly bc she be acting like an artiste while using her music earned celebrity to push commercial ass **** like Ivy Park and Tiffanys.  So you are cool w pushing that hard but not your music?  Too good for Tiny Desk and Carpool karaoke? Like no one buys the Prince indie starving artist ish.  Its giving mixed messages and arrogance.

Not everything needs to be a grand gesture or some innovative idea.  Sometimes people just wanna dance.  Its fine to drop the release date, then the stand alone music video, then the album.  No need for grand statements or ideas.

I think her SM engagement reflects this.

Silly self sabotage like the Lemonade and Formation rollout doesnt matter to anyone but the stans at the end of the day.  Critics and the GP arent giving her authenticity points for keeping songs unlisted or releasing at odd times without promo.  She is causing her projects to suffer and cutting off her reach for what?  

At the end of the day, your shelf life as an artist depends on people buying your product.  If you are too pretentious to get it to the masses, the career ends.  Will Netflix and Disney want to pay big bucks to an artist that cant get faces to the screen?  

Its puzzling. 

And that Homecoming doc is another example of the insufferable pretentiousness.  She spent the film belaboring how hard she works.  Maam, youre not curing cancer.  Youre singing for adoring fans.  Act like it.

6 hours ago, Golden said:

Spotify
#42 South Africa

They need to stan harder

IMG_7183.gif

:ahh: it’s the weekend, we only listen to local songs on weekends. There’s 13 songs by international artists in the top 50. :lmao:

Do you guys remember when Tina was dragging the black community for not supporting Tidal just for Tidal to be sold to some white crypto bros a week later

Gwuf.gif

And Im sorry, I found it suspect that 4:44 was available immediately on all platforms while Lemonade was not.  Bey let that man have her assed out.

Edited by Blumoon

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.