Beyoncé

Kisuke

50 minutes ago, Starshine said:

I think BMS did exactly what they wanted it to and it certainly exceeded my expectations. I was really doubting how they would play this out weeks ago because her streaming power was dwindling with the lack of interest for her side projects, new image culturally, etc. I think if she had dropped a surprise album, it would have been disastrous without the build up they are doing now. People would have expected another surprise album with political, racial, themes. It's crazy how her tweet has more likes than Lemonade, EIL, and The Gift combined. Now that doesn't necessarily mean it's guaranteed to be bigger than Lemonade, but it's nice to see there are now eyes and interest on her new project that probably wouldn't have happened if it weren't for Break My Soul.

The first 3 tracks of Renaissance will be very important. The first impressions matter, it needs to keep you engaged because people heard Drake's new album and dipped. :priceless: But the difference is, Drake fans only want rap Drake. Beyonce fans will listen to whatever because it's Beyonce. The GP on the other hand will only listen if they vibe with it. I feel like Track 1 will be an amazing opener as always and then Track 2 will go hard. :duca:

Ugh can't wait for July 29!!

• Replies 111.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

i...

Not only is that frustrating for us, it’s also inexcusably ****ty reporting :rip:

1 hour ago, Starshine said:

The first 3 tracks of Renaissance will be very important. The first impressions matter, it needs to keep you engaged because people heard Drake's new album and dipped. :priceless: But the difference is, Drake fans only want rap Drake. Beyonce fans will listen to whatever because it's Beyonce. The GP on the other hand will only listen if they vibe with it. I feel like Track 1 will be an amazing opener as always and then Track 2 will go hard. :duca:

You really think the GP doesn't put every album on shuffle and turn it off if they aren't vibing? Few people listen to an album. They have performative IG stories to post

IMG_7183.gif

Although I do think and hope Drake did disastrous damage to his career with his last album trying to rush it before Bey dropped BMS

I just woke up (flawless) and not me having 15+ notifications all ranging from yall being up in arms about being 90s kids to agreeing w me on ancient history :deadbanana4:

anyways the topic for today is will we riot if beyoncé gives us another pretentious monologue to walking in a field to be poetic visual? I say BURN the b*tch! The posts here got me thinking about how extra some of the videos she made in the 2010s were. The Pray You Catch Me video kinda sends me bc it lowkey gave 'we ran out of budget for the rest of the videos so we going poetic', the Formation video really made me think and use my brain too much (the symbolisms were too much for my feeble brain i fear) maam you dont want the Beyhive getting TOO smart next thing u know we'll be the first to drag ur ass if BMS' visual doesnt live up to the hype!

Anyways manifesting a music video this friday (again) ?

1 hour ago, suneclipse121 said:

Ikyfl!!! Y’all are not gonna send me over the edge this peaceful Saturday!!

We love the 90s it gave us Mariah's Fantasy! Living in Color! That show with the guy that slapped Chris Rock at the Oscars! Gave us Moesha with that girl that sang that Boy is Mine song with Monica! The 90s were a cute time to be alive :fan:

1 hour ago, Starshine said:

I think BMS did exactly what they wanted it to and it certainly exceeded my expectations. I was really doubting how they would play this out weeks ago because her streaming power was dwindling with the lack of interest for her side projects, new image culturally, etc. I think if she had dropped a surprise album, it would have been disastrous without the build up they are doing now. People would have expected another surprise album with political, racial, themes. It's crazy how her tweet has more likes than Lemonade, EIL, and The Gift combined. Now that doesn't necessarily mean it's guaranteed to be bigger than Lemonade, but it's nice to see there are now eyes and interest on her new project that probably wouldn't have happened if it weren't for Break My Soul.

With regards to ur first paragraph i think there are 2 schools of thought with BMS' purpose. One is obviously theyre expecting it to be a smash hit (which it hopefully will be over the course of the next weeks) and act like a legit lead single, the other is that Beyoncé as a name no longer really needs a hit single to drive engagement, that being said, she still needs to be sonically present in the airwaves given she was basically absent musically throughout the arrival and dominance of Gen Z in the streaming era.

Personally i'm of the belief that like what u said, BMS' purpose isnt to really be a megahit, but rather to bring Beyoncé back to the good wills of the mainstream Top 40 industry globally. She spent a decade fortifying Urban and Rhythmic radio/audience's loyalty to her and now its paying dividends by way of them supporting BMS and Renaissance shaping up to be a big era worldwide!

I believe the 2nd single will be the HIT HIT of the era, its gonna be the 7 rings/Blank Space of the era, BMS was a taste tester that reminded the world Beyoncé is back, 2nd single will remind the girls why Beyoncé was the queen of hits of the 2000s!

29 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

i...

is this an SNL sketch? :bibliahh:

19 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

Although I do think and hope Drake did disastrous damage to his career with his last album trying to rush it before Bey dropped BMS

it definitely did and he was being clowned for selling less than Kendrick. This was such a shitty move from him and his label and their biggest mistake was trying to sell it as his 7th studio album instead of a mixtape. However Im sure he will smash again next year with a proper era

24 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

We love the 90s it gave us Mariah's Fantasy! Living in Color! That show with the guy that slapped Chris Rock at the Oscars! Gave us Moesha with that girl that sang that Boy is Mine song with Monica! The 90s were a cute time to be alive :fan:

:deadbanana:

1 hour ago, satellites.™ said:

i...

The way they called it a “new music video” :deadbanana4:

fire all of them. 

2 hours ago, Almost Home said:

Is the MV out yet? 

Gwuf.gif

It doesn’t exist

Gwuf.gif

She needs to do a nice reimagining of her interpretation of a contemporary classical, operatic track! Listen to these crescendo and sforzando flourishes: 

Opera vocalists are shaking and hiding somewhere!

Edited by Beyonce-Minaj

I CAN'T!!!!! I AM DYING!!!!!

Edited by Beyonce-Minaj

4 hours ago, MingYouToo said:

anyways the topic for today is will we riot if beyoncé gives us another pretentious monologue to walking in a field to be poetic visual? I say BURN the b*tch! The posts here got me thinking about how extra some of the videos she made in the 2010s were. The Pray You Catch Me video kinda sends me bc it lowkey gave 'we ran out of budget for the rest of the videos so we going poetic', the Formation video really made me think and use my brain too much (the symbolisms were too much for my feeble brain i fear) maam you dont want the Beyhive getting TOO smart next thing u know we'll be the first to drag ur ass if BMS' visual doesnt live up to the hype!

We are not so desperate for a music video that we're gonna start dragging Lemonade.

Beyoncé might've been the ultimate troll when it came to sabotaging her singles post-4, but that doesn't take away from the fact that the aforementioned videos are visual masterpieces. Beyoncé really honed in on her directorial style over the past decade; her intent, visual flair and attention to detail probably made her the most important music visual artist of the decade.

I know the Hive are going crazy over the Break My Soul music video - I want it within the next week too. But whatever we get I just know it'll be quality, because Beyoncé never disappoints with the visuals and isn't gonna give us some half-baked, artless commercial like so many artists right now.

16 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Arr we ready for the dip in streams today because its Saturday?

Gwuf.gif

Coming for under 2 million? 

Gwuf.gif

Beyoncé is a virtuosic savant in music: The Vocal Monolith! 

So I was at pride events yesterday. They played BMS in a park full of people and everyone was singing along. And then at the club last night they played BMS three times throughout the night and everyone was ROARING the lyrics. They were such a amazing moments :jonny:

12 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

These Pop updates are huge. :duca:

Pop being like "Finally a song by Bey we can play that our audience enjoys :jonny6:"

We love to see it

So cute. :heart:

So young and already recognizing that IIWAB is Bey's worst single. 

It's wild that she has a single that is out-performing any of her past music for the last 10-15 years in loads of different countries across the world. :duca: She's just climbed to #20 in Switzerland, marking her first top 20 as a lead since "Sweet Dreams" in 2009. None of the Lemonade singles even charted there!

I genuinely think with how the single is performing globally, plus having a full tracking week a proper release, this is going to be her most commercially successful album in a long time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.