Beyoncé

Kisuke

12 hours ago, ShouldersSideways said:

I feel like there's no way he's not. It's really gross he allegedly invoked Bey's name

This is crazy ! Dream is supposed to be a close friend so she must feel some type of way reading all this :doc: it will be hard to trust anybody at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if she only want to collaborate with women in the future

• Like 1

• Replies 111.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

On 6/2/2024 at 8:57 PM, king_queen said:

The thought of Beyoncé performing Protector night after night on tour is sending all the chills up my spine rn :jonny5:

Everyone acts like the first half of Cowboy Carter is trash, but imo Protector is a career highlight. It gives me goosebumps, and utilises the deep soulful tones in her voice perfectly (just as I'm Goin' Down did on tour)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

My God, I've just seen this news story about The Dream. I'm horrified and really hope the survivor involved is okay and getting the right support. 

This should impact Beyonce's approach to this rollout, and I hope she distances herself from him for Act III. What a mess. No music is more important than respecting that kind of report. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, ShouldersSideways said:

I know this doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things nor is it as important as the lawsuit itself, but if act three visuals are already filmed and includes songs from Dream we're never getting that movie :rip: 

From both an ethical and a business perspective I would struggle to understand how any music videos could be released for this trilogy project, now that this report has emerged. The only way I could see it going ahead would be if Team Beyonce actually releases a statement in support of the woman involved and donates the proceeds to charity/forces The Dream's earnings be donated to charity. 

Anything less would not only tank Bey's entire brand but also be very disappointing as a fan. That being said, Bey herself was allegedly invoked several times during the attacks and with Dream being a close friend this must be absolutely devastating for her. Just really grim all round

Edited by alien superstore
typo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Crayzik said:

This is crazy ! Dream is supposed to be a close friend so she must feel some type of way reading all this :doc: it will be hard to trust anybody at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if she only want to collaborate with women in the future

That's not even a bulletproof strategy either. 

As we're seeing now, scandal really can be anyone and everyone. 

Have a lot of thoughts about the whole Dream thing (including the fact it's shocking and disgusting, but also that we have to let ALL the facts play out before drawing rash conclusions). Above all, I'll just leave it at I hope that Bey finds a way to navigate it in a way that doesn't cause blowback to her. 

Granted the pros far outweigh the cons (of her status), it must be so annoying having other people's potential actions impact her ish to this extent. The woman is in the midst of a three-act era and it's highly likely Dream is all over Act III. She's between a rock and a hard place. She keeps the material (with his name on it or off, the latter of which comes with a lot of risk) and she gets dragged. She scraps it and her whole rollout timeline is f**ked. It's really...ugh.

• Like 3

She should distance herself and not involve him on act iii

however it shouldn't impact visuals (if they are exiting) for the songs that have been already released 

1 hour ago, alien superstore said:

From both an ethical and a business perspective I would struggle to understand how any music videos could be released for this trilogy project, now that this report has emerged. The only way I could see it going ahead would be if Team Beyonce actually releases a statement in support of the woman involved and donates the proceeds to charity/forces The Dream's earnings be donated to charity. 

Anything less would not only tank Bey's entire brand but also be very disappointing as a fan. That being said, Bey herself was allegedly invoked several times during the attacks and with Dream being a close friend this must be absolutely devastating for her. Just really grim all round

Sis, Dream has already been accused of this before, and battery, years ago, and again last year, this isn't a new situation. 

Also, I highly doubt she would take a public stance against her long time collaborator and friend, a person that Mama Tina calls her bonus son, who has a really long relationship with all of them.  Even if she supports the accuser, I highly doubt she would speak out against her close friend.  She can't be the judge, jury, and executioner, which is what that would do. 

I'm not saying I support him, he's terrible, but lets be realistic here, we shouldn't expect any of that.  I'm not even sure she'll stop working with him, as she hasn't before.  Christina Milian said she was abused by him, and he was even arrested for allegedly attacking and strangling his pregnant girlfriend previously, and threatening to kill her.  He has a long history of this stuff. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lose My Breath said:

Sis, Dream has already been accused of this before, and battery, years ago, and again last year, this isn't a new situation. 

Also, I highly doubt she would take a public stance against her long time collaborator and friend, a person that Mama Tina calls her bonus son, who has a really long relationship with all of them.  Even if she supports the accuser, I highly doubt she would speak out against her close friend.  She can't be the judge, jury, and executioner, which is what that would do. 

I'm not saying I support him, he's terrible, but lets be realistic here, we shouldn't expect any of that.  I'm not even sure she'll stop working with him, as she hasn't before.  Christina Milian said she was abused by him, and he was even arrested for allegedly attacking and strangling his pregnant girlfriend previously, and threatening to kill her.  He has a long history of this stuff. 

Maybe that's where he finds his inspiration to make dem hits? If so, well Dreamy Dreamy keep going I guess cuz you got all recipes.

:ryan3:

PLEASE OF COURSE I AM JOKING IF THIS AINT OBVIOUS

6 hours ago, Crayzik said:

This isn't even new to her. Noel Fisher (Detail), a regular collaborator, was arrested for the same thing too. She just moved on.

4 hours ago, alien superstore said:

How? People still perform songs written by R. Kelly. People still perform songs produced by Diddy. People still perform songs written and produced by Dr. Luke. It's the same. The songs have been released before any of the controversies came out. Nobody would care. The only risk is Act III and any album going forward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, alien superstore said:

You realise she can't just decide that? Why would the Dream agree to that :rip: he would sue her 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, CécredSpaces said:

How? People still perform songs written by R. Kelly. People still perform songs produced by Diddy. People still perform songs written and produced by Dr. Luke. It's the same. The songs have been released before any of the controversies came out. Nobody would care. The only risk is Act III and any album going forward.

Kinda going on a tangent but I saw someone say that you shouldn't even bother trying to avoid these problematic artists/producers because whether you know it or not, somehow you very likely are still consuming their work in one way or another, for example people don't know just how deep R. Kelly's catalog goes. You might not listen to songs where he's the performer but there's so many songs that he's written and produced for other artists that he's so ingrained into the music industry (including a lot of ATRL's faves) that trying to avoid him is fruitless. That kinda changed the way I think about it.

Edited by Burn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, alien superstore said:

I fully agree.

I don't see how she moves forward without at least a statement and donation of her proceeds from Act III to a DV charity if she keeps any of his production. This isn't 2014 and the public is much less willing to push stuff like this under the rug. If she were to not reconfigure ACT III and release any music with his name on it in the future it would be morally and ethically repugnant to not acknowledge the situation. 

And anyone that calls themself a fan that would accept anything less has the average gutter-morality of a BARB.

Personally, she and almost every other celebrity are on my s---list for refusing to acknowledge the Palestinian Genocide and this would be the absolute end of my desire to engage with her work any further; and I've been a fan since 1998.

• Thumbs Down 3

I think a lot of us are making great points. 

One thing I'll say about Bey is that I have ALWAYS gotten the sense that she is very dialed into how hard she's worked for her status and no one is above expelling in the name of her "brand". Even if the expelling is surface and more about the optics of her brand. 

That even goes for Jay. 

I've always felt that if we had the audio for elevator-gate and it was jaw-droppingly bad or if he was seen hitting Solo back, she'd "split" from him in an instant. At least publicly. Even if to reunite later. She very much gives "protect the brand I worked for at all costs".

I say that to say The-Dream isn't excluded from that mantra.

I do think I lean slightly more in the direction of those who think she probably won't change her plans, if only because it's going to be very hard for her in the current spot she is with the three-album project to totally upend everything. She'd ironically be spending more millions to change her plans than The-Dream would pay out to his accuser if found liable. it's not fair and doesn't make sense. 

Given how much he's made from her, I'd sooner bet his contributions go uncredited and he's given a bag under the table. Sensitive/PC folk can side-eye all they like, but the harsh reality is that this is business and there is no just reason Bey should be more financially impacted than the person who allegedly did the wrong. 

I think the true test of things will be how "in" or "out" of the mix he is post Act III.

• Like 1

hive fighting over shampoo again with the makeup lady's stans like who gives a **** ? 

why do we always fall into this trap of fighting with fans of lesser artists ? let the music depraved worry about their fav's panties while we focus on the music, something they won't get for another couple years anyway :bam:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Negiiiii said:

Maybe that's where he finds his inspiration to make dem hits? If so, well Dreamy Dreamy keep going I guess cuz you got all recipes.

:ryan3:

Hide contents

PLEASE OF COURSE I AM JOKING IF THIS AINT OBVIOUS

Tyrant… every time…. 

Send me some shots, are you with me or not? Throw it back
Shoot up the bar, tell the law we don't remember nothin' after that
Scot-free (scot-free), whole city after me
Have you seen her? 5'9", thick and fine, what a tragedy

:suburban:

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Triton said:

Tyrant… every time…. 

Send me some shots, are you with me or not? Throw it back
Shoot up the bar, tell the law we don't remember nothin' after that
Scot-free (scot-free), whole city after me
Have you seen her? 5'9", thick and fine, what a tragedy

:suburban:

Lmfaoooooo bye sis we are the WORDT

15 hours ago, CécredSpaces said:

I don't think there will be backlash if she releases the visuals for Renaissance and Cowboy Carter as is. What's tricky is whatever is in Act III. The GP will not know that the material was recorded years ago. They will think she continued working with him after the allegations. She obviously cannot release them as is. They should just rewrite and re-record the parts The-Dream contributed in.

She could have him officially removed from the songwriting credits and splits, and pay him a lump sum and get him to sign an NDA and proceed like he was never on the album.

9 hours ago, alien superstore said:

Everyone acts like the first half of Cowboy Carter is trash, but imo Protector is a career highlight. It gives me goosebumps, and utilises the deep soulful tones in her voice perfectly (just as I'm Goin' Down did on tour)

Who said that? The first 11 tracks are perfection to me. Spaghetti is where we start to get duds 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Burn said:

Kinda going on a tangent but I saw someone say that you shouldn't even bother trying to avoid these problematic artists/producers because whether you know it or not, somehow you very likely are still consuming their work in one way or another, for example people don't know just how deep R. Kelly's catalog goes. You might not listen to songs where he's the performer but there's so many songs that he's written and produced for other artists that he's so ingrained into the music industry (including a lot of ATRL's faves) that trying to avoid him is fruitless. That kinda changed the way I think about it.

This! There is no way the average listener can keep up with the extensive list of songwriting credits of the pdf files and rap!st.   In the beginning, I was completely against listening to R. Kelly or the songs he wrote for other people, and then I realized how much of a disservice it was to myself, my history and my love of music to erase the joy and memories that I have based on the actions I can't control of some random person making music 

for the world to consume.

I'm not gonna stop listening to summertime by Beyoncé because of what diddy did. And how many Beyonce songs will we have to remove from our playlist permanently If it turns out that the dream is truly a monster? Please.

Edited by Space&Time
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Space&Time said:

She could have him officially removed from the songwriting credits and splits, and pay him a lump sum and get him to sign an NDA and proceed like he was never on the album.

this is what will probably happen for act iii.

• Like 1

BODYGUARD + ANNABELLE

Youre Welcome 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shelter said:

You realise she can't just decide that? Why would the Dream agree to that :rip: he would sue her 

she can afford the payout tbh

4 minutes ago, alien superstore said:

she can afford the payout tbh

we don't need another "Beyoncé steals credits!" story to add to the dumpster fire. She shouldnt work with him anymore but honestly don't see how this affects releasing visuals unless it's in fact visuals for all 3 dropping at once. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.