Beyoncé

Kisuke

On 5/28/2024 at 1:44 PM, trainsskyscrapers said:

Yup. She was working with Pharrell in Miami, and their time together created "ATM Jam" (originally a concept/reference track for B made from a Pharrell beat Mac Miller had previously turned down), "Diamond Nova" 🔥🔥 (an outro for ATM Jam that Azealia was going to keep as an interlude for her Fantasea II mixtape), and her verse for "Partition".

All the demos are posted below.

she sliiiiiiiiid on partition damn

• Like 1

• Replies 111.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

Texas Hold 'Em still sounds like an instant classic. Such an anthem. 

• Like 6

Y'all already know when Beyoncé gets THIS quiet, sumn is about to come lmao. It's the fact that she's ONLY been promoting CéCred and that's like once a week. She hasn't mentioned **** about Cowboy Carter. Obviously something is brewing and we're gonna gag and eat our words like we usually do lmaooo!!!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Burn said:

Happy ii month anniversary to Cowboy Carter

Tired Spongebob Squarepants GIF

keri-hilson-happy-birthday-beyonce.gif

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Burn said:

I don't get why some people say CC is too long. It's the same length as Nicki's album, same as Lana's, only 10 mins longer than SZA's, 45 minutes SHORTER than Taylor's, 7 minutes shorter than Drake's but I never see anyone say those albums are too long. And unlike all those albums (apart from SOS), CC actually has no bad songs. :sorry: 1 hr 18 mins is not that much of a chore to get through. It always seems to fly by when I listen to it.

Sis, all those albums are too long for me :bibliahh:

I made a playlist for PF2

I haven't listened to a full Lana album since Ultraviolence 

The last Drake album I listened in full was HNM

I also dont listen to Taylor at all 

Randomly watching this and someone just has I Am... blasting there lol

2 minutes ago, Opulence said:

Randomly watching this and someone just has I Am... blasting there lol

Nvm they switched it just as Sweet Dreams started, Renaissance Tour 2.0 I guess. 

7 hours ago, VerdantHue said:

Why is this giving AUIYM vibes

well it's from the THIQUE live performance so you're close

• Like 1

Yeah CC is not for me. I grew to like it way more than when I first heard it but it's no REN for sure. Better yet, it's a solid album but it's not one of Beyonce's best. It easily falls below ST, LEM, & REN. It's the first time (imo) that her latest album can't challenge as her best work. 

Top TIer - Career Highlights:

1. Tyrant

2. II HANDS

3. Riiverdance

4. My Rose

5. Body Guard

6. Blackbiird

Decent Tier:

7. Levi Jeans

8. TEXAS

9. 16C

Rest:

MID

And for a 27 track thats unbecoming for BEYONCE

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Shelter said:

You don't like it? 

i do, but i really don't feel the urge to replay it much, certainly not the whole thing 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KingBeyonce. said:

Same! I understand that people are different and have different tastes but I honestly feel like it's a bit of a cop out lol. I haven't even seen too many ppl say that they think the songs are even bad, they always just say it's "bloated". Like, am I tripping for saying that even if the album is "too long" that you could totally just make a playlist with the highlights or your fave songs? :rip: I'm sure they do that with other artists, why do ppl suddenly get so critical when it comes to Bey. Plus this album has some of the highlights of her career imo, I just don't get how that can be ignored just because of the length of the album. I've never seen ppl want LESS music from musicians :priceless:

The only thing I'd argue is Beyonce typically has better quality control than other artists. I don't think any of the songs on CC are bad, but I don't some of them hold up to the standard of a Bey album.

I'm not shocked when a Taylor or Drake album has some filler songs, but CC could've afforded to lose 5-6 tracks if I'm being honest. I understand we can make a playlist without some of the songs, but it's a valid critique of an album that you shouldn't have to make your own version of the album. 

It's definitely not touching Renaissance. That album album is absolutely no skips and plays like a night out with friends. CC kinda feels like it gets lost along the way and the message is just "Beyonce goes country" 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, ShouldersSideways said:

I understand we can make a playlist without some of the songs, but it's a valid critique of an album that you shouldn't have to make your own version of the album. 

Very much this. 

As someone who tweaks and plays around a lot with the albums in my iTunes library, I find it extremely impressive when an artists just gets it right in terms of tracklist, flow and sequencing. I'm still of the opinion that the music is excellent and there's a 'Renaissance' in the rough there, but the way in which she presented the album it's not that. 

1 hour ago, ShouldersSideways said:

The only thing I'd argue is Beyonce typically has better quality control than other artists. I don't think any of the songs on CC are bad, but I don't some of them hold up to the standard of a Bey album.

I'm not shocked when a Taylor or Drake album has some filler songs, but CC could've afforded to lose 5-6 tracks if I'm being honest. I understand we can make a playlist without some of the songs, but it's a valid critique of an album that you shouldn't have to make your own version of the album. 

It's definitely not touching Renaissance. That album album is absolutely no skips and plays like a night out with friends. CC kinda feels like it gets lost along the way and the message is just "Beyonce goes country" 

i'm saying it's the middle part of the album, the collabs don't add anything (to the album, to its story and to the country narrative) and are simply not very good/necessary. their only point was getting easy streams, which they failed to do. And i love alligator tears and just for fun but lbr no one would notice if both went missing… you can take out everything between spaghetti and flamenco and the album instantly feels easier to get through 

and honestly for an album called cowboy it's not really country enough, she could've went further with that sound and experimented more, as others already stated most of the album feels a bit too tame for bey's standards. And yeah i obviously get the whole "it's a beyoncé not a country album" but then what was the point of adding country inspired songs in the first place ? it's kinda giving nonsense :rip: 

unreleased, actual country songs featuring kacey musgraves >>>> musty miley cyrus demos featuring bey sounding a mess :deadbanana4:

I do understand complaining about a long-ass album!

As a fan of Beyoncé, I'm never gonna be put off by the numbers of tracks because she has high-standards and she pretty much dictated my taste for years.

But I can understand that for a casual listener it might be daunting. I'm gonna take a totally left-field example but when Chris Brown released his 40-song album, I didn't listen to more than 3 songs, but if he had released it with 25 less songs, I would have gone through each song to see how I feel.

I think the album as a whole is great but I did make a condensed version and took out all the interludes lol (minus OH LOUISIANA)

1) AMERIICAN REQ / 2) 16C / 3) THE / 4) BODYGUARD / 5) JOLENE / 6) DAUGHTER / 7) SPAGHETTI / 8) II MOST WANTED / 9) FLAMENCO - 17) AMEN (unchanged)

Aligns better with ACT I imo

2 hours ago, ShouldersSideways said:

It's definitely not touching Renaissance. That album album is absolutely no skips and plays like a night out with friends.

This made me emotional :'( Renaissance you will ALWAYS be one of the defining works of my life and times

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

As much as I'm here for the hive turning on Bey, Alliigator Tears slander is just blasphemous :biblio:

But I say this as a Tyrant hater and that seems to be a fan favorite for whatever reason when it sounds like a Rih-ject :biblio: 

———————-

Controversial take: Renaissance is one of the greatest albums of all time. I mean like Thriller/Purple Rain/SITKOL level. It should be the album our fave is remembered most for but she's too stubborn to do ANYTHING about that.

Edited by king_queen
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I'm gonna be honest... the only song on the album I think could be considered bad is Jolene. It feels like the expectation was so high there that she knew she had to do it, especially with Dolly practically begging for it, but Bey being Bey refused to do an outright cover. 

It's honestly corny and has none of the humiliating yet earnest desperation of the original. It's cringe to say, "I raised that man" about a 50 year old man who himself has admitted it took for his daughter to be born to see a woman's perspective, even though he'd been with Bey ten years by the time Blue was born. :biblio:

She should've covered 9-5 instead if she wanted a Dolly song that fit her brand instead of changing one so outside her wheelhouse. It also would've been a great callback to Break My Soul

Edited by ShouldersSideways
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I posted this in the album thread but looks like it's abandoned by now :rip:

This album is like Lemonade but worse if you know what I mean :dies:

Lemonade made me bawl like a baby several times and it's an album I will always be amazed by. Stunning body of work, AOTY, excellent concept album, etc etc etc... but I don't see myself LOVING the individual songs like that. I like all of them, almost all of them have been on my main playlist since 2016. All of them are very good songs but maybe I just don't love love them (apart from Daddy Lessons, you will always be famous) and I know some of the Hive feel the same way.

Same thing with Cowboy Carter. A jaw dropping body of work, great concept etc etc but I don't love most the songs and don't feel the need to play them on repeat (Tyrant and Flamenco are the exceptions for me, 11/10 tracks). But CC has an issue Lemonade doesn't have - it's sooo damn long. Some of the 27 tracks should not have been released and I will die on that hill. Because of how chunky the album is - it makes listening to it in full feel a bit tiring and because of that I don't think it has the longevity of previous Beyonce projects

So when is Act 3 coming?

• Haha 1

I don't think Alligator Tears is bad but it definitely needs several listens to get into it.

6 hours ago, Iyanla, Fix Me said:

Yeah CC is not for me. I grew to like it way more than when I first heard it but it's no REN for sure. Better yet, it's a solid album but it's not one of Beyonce's best. It easily falls below ST, LEM, & REN. It's the first time (imo) that her latest album can't challenge as her best work. 

Top TIer - Career Highlights:

1. Tyrant

2. II HANDS

3. Riiverdance

4. My Rose

5. Body Guard

6. Blackbiird

Decent Tier:

7. Levi Jeans

8. TEXAS

9. 16C

Rest:

MID

And for a 27 track thats unbecoming for BEYONCE

Ya Ya, Mid?? Put some respeck on ha name!

birdman-respeck.gif

• Thanks 1

Bodyguard is really a standout track.

F*ck.

:jamming:

1 hour ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

and honestly for an album called cowboy it's not really country enough, she could've went further with that sound and experimented more, as others already stated most of the album feels a bit too tame for bey's standards. And yeah i obviously get the whole "it's a beyoncé not a country album" but then what was the point of adding country inspired songs in the first place ? it's kinda giving nonsense :rip: 

unreleased, actual country songs featuring kacey musgraves >>>> musty miley cyrus demos featuring bey sounding a mess :deadbanana4:

I find this so annoying. It was clearly initially advertised as a country album only for that dumb museum projection "this ain't a country album" a few days before release. Ok? So why'd you lead us to believe that it was? And then all spoken word parts of the album trying to teach us about genres. It all reeks of insecurity. She should've just let the music speak for itself. 

• Thumbs Down 1

One more thing:

Sweet  ★ Honey ★ Fuckiin' is getting better with each listen especially the last minute.

:gayoncecat3:

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.