Beyoncé

Kisuke

Mid May - only 8 insta posts this year and 1 Oscar performance...

Phew, this is just horrible

Edited by *-ChriZ-*

• Replies 111.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

3 hours ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Mid May - only 8 insta posts this year and 1 Oscar performance...

Phew, this is just horrible

it’s disgusting 

We used to be one of the most powerful fanbase online. Now Bey barely have stans... She really killed all the fun :dancehall2: time for me to stan kpop artists too 

4 minutes ago, Beyoncé Knowles said:

We used to be one of the most powerful fanbase online. Now Bey barely have stans... She really killed all the fun :dancehall2: time for me to stan kpop artists too 

But Yet Bey still trends almost everyday because of something. Beehive is very strong on Twitter and other other socials 

Just now, smoothkarmel said:

But Yet Bey still trends almost everyday because of something. Beehive is very strong on Twitter and other other socials 

Tbh its just puff which became evident with the releases of EIL and TG and such tbh

1 minute ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Tbh its just puff which became evident with the releases of EIL and TG and such tbh

But I’m sure once Beyoncé release something again she’ll having everyone talking. I’m actually glad she’s not in our face 24/7 like the rest of these celebs. Let the “Chloe’s” and “Doja’s” have there moment. 

1 minute ago, smoothkarmel said:

But I’m sure once Beyoncé release something again she’ll having everyone talking. I’m actually glad she’s not in our face 24/7 like the rest of these celebs. Let the “Chloe’s” and “Doja’s” have there moment. 

True but still, beyhive is not that strong anymore online. I think it's also because we are grown now and we have jobs and bills to pay. 

But yeah it used to be so fun! Hive was literally everywhere haha 

3 minutes ago, smoothkarmel said:

Are u sure? I dont really know, in the era where Engagement is key, I feel it might be quite brutal what Bey might expect

And Chloe is currently doing horribly with her oversexualization

3 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Are u sure? I dont really know, in the era where Engagement is key, I feel it might be quite brutal what Bey might expect

And Chloe is currently doing horribly with her oversexualization

I feel like engagement only pertains to new artist. Kendrick is expected to do great numbers and haven’t released anything in five years. All Bey has to do is release a great song with nice visuals, and people will eat it up. 

Looking this good at only 21???

1 hour ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

beyonce has been trending on twitter for literally no reason lately. the oscars performance got really great engagement for a song that had been out for months and didn't do any numbers.

i have no doubt if she drops a single thats JUST her, with a music video, and an IG post, the people will come.

Edited by yonsé

5 minutes ago, yonsé said:

beyonce has been trending on twitter for literally no reason lately. the oscars performance got really great engagement for a song that had been out for months and didn't do any numbers.

i have no doubt if she drops a single thats JUST her, with a music video, and an IG post, the people will come.

Yup.

Honestly it just comes down to what she release. I’ve been seeing her get so much random love lately, and people posting her performances. Oh she’s definitely missed

8 hours ago, SashaDevachelli said:

Don’t do DiL like that, every song is great:biblionny:

Daddy and Hip Hop Star would like a word with you :coffee:

47 minutes ago, yonsé said:

Seeing how average the industry currently is, its no wonder shes missed to the max. Lemonade hasn't been topped since its release and its been 6 years since then.

It feels like only Bey can top herself

16 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Seeing how average the industry currently is, its no wonder shes missed to the max. Lemonade hasn't been topped since its release and its been 6 years since then.

It feels like only Bey can top herself

Yup. Doja is one of the few artist I see actually going somewhere

People don’t push boundaries anymore and go out of there comfort zone. Everyone sounds the same, plays it safe, and have no mystique. Also nowadays people rather talk more about drama than music itself. I still can’t tell the difference between SZA, Queen Naja, Muni Long, H.E.R, Jhene Akio. Not taking anything away from the ladies, but it’s all the same. People don’t focus on bodies of work anymore, and labels don’t want to invest in Artist development or media training. I can only imagine what the next 5 years are going to look like.

Edited by smoothkarmel

1 hour ago, HausofArtpopII said:

Daddy and Hip Hop Star would like a word with you :coffee:

Omg?:biblionny:

1 hour ago, smoothkarmel said:

Yup. Doja is one of the few artist I see actually going somewhere

People don’t push boundaries anymore and go out of there comfort zone. Everyone sounds the same, plays it safe, and have no mystique. Also nowadays people rather talk more about drama than music itself. I still can’t tell the difference between SZA, Queen Naja, Muni Long, H.E.R, Jhene Akio. Not taking anything away from the ladies, but it’s all the same.

:rip:

I just wanna show you how much

I appreciate you
Wanna show you how much

I'm dedicated to you
Wanna show you how much

I will forever be true

image0.gif

Dance For You still slaps :jonny5:

moonlitdick
6 minutes ago, Devin said:

:rip:

That level of ignorance is pitiful :hoetenks:

2 minutes ago, moonlitdick said:

That level of ignorance is pitiful :hoetenks:

I’m sorry, but how is it pitiful that I can’t tell the difference? If I turned on the radio I can’t tell who is who

It's really hard to decipher what her commercial clout is saying right now. 

One thing that is totally undeniable is her cultural relevance. I'll never doubt her ability to make people stop, look, and listen. 

I'm part of the crew who give her a pass for the "side projects' doing what they did (or didn't). Because even they got everyone buzzing.

BUT stan googles off, I think this is a safe-enough space for us to admit they "should" have done better on merit her name alone. Even if only marginally better. EIL "should" have been #1. The Gift "should" have gone #1 too. 

She get top marks for playing unbothered, as nothing is worse than an artist going all out and still flopping. Bey doing the opposite literally gives her a lifeline as long as she appears to be unfazed. 

That said, I absolutely believe she and Jay were like WTF when EIL tanked. The scramble to get it on all streaming services after the Tidal exclusivity backfired was quite the spectacle. 

Anywho, I think she'll be fine. Especially as her older skewing audience buying physicals will give her a lift in ways that streaming can't. The fact we know she's gearing up to play the vinyl game will help too.

But it's clear she'll have to work for it. Adele's (ever so slight) underperformance highlights this (with her being an artist with a similar older audience make-up as Bey).

By work for it, I don't think I can stress enough how much having a smash hit streaming song will help carry the album. For that, she really needs a feature with huge streaming power (Drake or Cardi, for example). Just for the lead. It's a safer bet that assuming whatever she drops will go viral. BIK was phenomenal and more than enough clips were all over socials, but it's almost like the expectation is for her to be great...so folk are almost desensitized to it. 

It's not a matter of her being too big to need that or fan dislike for the mentioned artists. It's actually a commercial necessity in this streaming-led market. 

When are those times she went viral on Twitter? When it happens, please do post here, I don't have the application and it might give the base some life. 

______

Regarding previous discussion, I do agree it's difficult to know where she stands success wise. It's been 6 years, which is too long and sadly it's been longer since she had a song on heavy rotation to keep the connection with new audiences but we shall have the answer soon enough. 

1 hour ago, Cbreezy said:

It's really hard to decipher what her commercial clout is saying right now. 

One thing that is totally undeniable is her cultural relevance. I'll never doubt her ability to make people stop, look, and listen. 

I'm part of the crew who give her a pass for the "side projects' doing what they did (or didn't). Because even they got everyone buzzing.

BUT stan googles off, I think this is a safe-enough space for us to admit they "should" have done better on merit her name alone. Even if only marginally better. EIL "should" have been #1. The Gift "should" have gone #1 too. 

She get top marks for playing unbothered, as nothing is worse than an artist going all out and still flopping. Bey doing the opposite literally gives her a lifeline as long as she appears to be unfazed. 

That said, I absolutely believe she and Jay were like WTF when EIL tanked. The scramble to get it on all streaming services after the Tidal exclusivity backfired was quite the spectacle. 

Anywho, I think she'll be fine. Especially as her older skewing audience buying physicals will give her a lift in ways that streaming can't. The fact we know she's gearing up to play the vinyl game will help too.

But it's clear she'll have to work for it. Adele's (ever so slight) underperformance highlights this (with her being an artist with a similar older audience make-up as Bey).

By work for it, I don't think I can stress enough how much having a smash hit streaming song will help carry the album. For that, she really needs a feature with huge streaming power (Drake or Cardi, for example). Just for the lead. It's a safer bet that assuming whatever she drops will go viral. BIK was phenomenal and more than enough clips were all over socials, but it's almost like the expectation is for her to be great...so folk are almost desensitized to it. 

It's not a matter of her being too big to need that or fan dislike for the mentioned artists. It's actually a commercial necessity in this streaming-led market. 

At this point its do or die tbh. She cant afford another "American Life" type of album. She needs her COAD moment now if she wants to get the big money with her stadium tours

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.