Beyoncé

Kisuke

2 minutes ago, Fleahive said:

Satellites, Ave Maria, Thats Why Your Beautiful, Disappear, and scared of lonely doesn’t send you into a deep sleep? The chorus of Hello doesn’t irritate your ear drums? It makes me sad that this is the only Beyoncé album some people own or listened to in full. 

The only song in Beyoncé's discography that irritates the eardrums and harasses the ears is "Daddy." That shrill, grating, layered bridge is like five cats in heat screeching non-stop. I'm so happy she abandoned that "technique." :skull: 

Edited by Monday Night Messiah
  • Haha 2

• Replies 111.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

my I am Sasha Fierce tier list:

A (love it): Diva, Ego, Why Don't You Love Me

B (good): If I Were a Boy, Broken-Hearted Girl, Single Ladies

C (okay girl): Halo, Sweet Dreams, Hello, Scared of Lonely

D (bonus track): Disappear, Ave Maria, Smash Into You, Video Phone

F (chopping block): Satellites, That's Why You're Beautiful, Radio, Poison

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

18 minutes ago, Fleahive said:

Satellites, Ave Maria, Thats Why Your Beautiful, Disappear, and scared of lonely doesn’t send you into a deep sleep? The chorus of Hello doesn’t irritate your ear drums? It makes me sad that this is the only Beyoncé album some people own or listened to in full. 

Girl, shut up. Ave Maria is flat out terrible, okay, but Satellites and Disappear are magnificent while TWYB remains to this day her closest attempt at Pop/Folk song. 

Are y'all unable to appreciate slow tempos or? :rip:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, kimberly said:

my I am Sasha Fierce tier list:

D (bonus track): DisappearSmash Into You

:biblio:

Nah, I wanna fight now

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mitsouko said:

Y’all see what Mariah did with Music Box :'( Giraffe would never be that generous

Maybe in 10 years for DIL's 30th anniversary. But I don't think Bey has great material left from those years.

2 minutes ago, Draper. said:

Maybe in 10 years for DIL's 30th anniversary. But I don't think Bey has great material left from those years.

imagine if she reimagined some of her outtakes and re-recorded them alongside her favorite DIL tracks though. she rly hates us lol

• Like 1

This song is just so perfect from start to finish.

:soda:

I don't know what it is but it's like my favorite from self titled.

:soda:

10/10

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hallad173 said:

:biblio:

Nah, I wanna fight now

Smash Into You is Ed Sheeran's favorite Beyoncé song of all time.

is this who we are? :emofish:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

act ii BAROQUE, but she will spell it like BAROCK. It’s the Rock album. Her Viva La Vida era which has Baroque Pop elements :jonny5:

And when the majority pronounces it as “Barrack”? :rip:

the problem with a lot of Beyoncé's earlier slow songs is that the subject matters are extremely unimaginative and generic.

a song like Resentment shines because it's so specific. I'm a Sandcastles apologist because it's so raw and personal. 

Smash Into You, Disappear, Satellites etc. feel more faceless and soulless to me. idk.

• Like 2

This song is amazing. And I like it better than Adele’s :giraffe:

• Thanks 2

God-tier: Diva, Sweet Dreams, Video Phone

Top-tier: Single Ladies, Ego, Why Don’t You Love Me

Great: Halo

Ass: everything else

:fan:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Fleahive said:

This post is blasphemous.

Disappear is one of my favorite songs from the album. I can watch her sing Ave Maria over and over. 

the fact that y’all can’t admit IASF ballads >>>>>>>> flaws n tragic, daddy, sandcastles :gaycat6:

The album is POP royalty. 

Edited by sillycilla
  • Thanks 1

I still find it wild that Brazil won’t get any tour dates. Her most loyal fan base over there and it’s one of her best markets. 2 diamond tracks and another coming with Alien Superstar from Renaissance alone. It’s just a shame. 

4 minutes ago, Shone Ai said:

And when the majority pronounces it as “Barrack”? :rip:

As in Obama? 44th president? It's really the 3rd act, we cracked it! :jonny:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, kimberly said:

the problem with a lot of Beyoncé's earlier slow songs is that the subject matters are extremely unimaginative and generic.

a song like Resentment shines because it's so specific. I'm a Sandcastles apologist because it's so raw and personal. 

Smash Into You, Disappear, Satellites etc. feel more faceless and soulless to me. idk.

Say what now? The whole I am side felt more autobiographical in my opinion. Ave Maria “sometimes love can come and pass you by, while you’re busy making plans, suddenly hit you and then you realize it’s out of your hands”.. that was their whole situation, she was hyper career focused and fell deep in love. “ you are my last my first”. I see that whole song from her perspective. Beautiful. Plus her voice, ugh. 

I still crack up at the BET performance because they were so shocked :jonny:

• Like 1

not I Am… Sucha Farce discourse in 2023

we’re truly in the trenches now and it isn’t even post-tour

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Ja_making said:

I still find it wild that Brazil won’t get any tour dates. Her most loyal fan base over there and it’s one of her best markets. 2 diamond tracks and another coming with Alien Superstar from Renaissance alone. It’s just a shame. 

https://x.com/beyoncehivenews/status/1700284983993159933?s=46&t=DBEzweI3pkN0q0I7VG8vbQ

2 minutes ago, sillycilla said:

Y’all better go watch obsessed, Netflix has promoted it twice. They must be testing out something. 

I mean, this happens all the time with streaming services. Whenever someone has something new out, that same streaming service or others will promote that actor/star's content (which means the visuals are coming soon-ish because there's no reason for someone to put Obsessed on streaming out of the blue).

I was gonna say that it was weird that they didn't go for Dreamgirls considering The Color Purple (2023) features JHud, but just realized she's not in it. I was fully convinced. :katie:

4 minutes ago, sillycilla said:

Say what now? The whole I am side felt more autobiographical in my opinion. Ave Maria “sometimes love can come and pass you by, while you’re busy making plans, suddenly hit you and then you realize it’s out of your hands”.. that was their whole situation, she was hyper career focused and fell deep in love. “ you are my last my first”.

"sometimes love can come and pass you by, while you're busy making plans" is the most generic version she can give about it, lol. maybe it's intentionally written this way to capture a wider audience. for me, that doesn't really cut it on a slow song.

it doesn't pull on my heartstrings when she sermons "If we don't communicate, we'll exist in our own space" in Satellites or pulls out a string of most cliche sayings "How could the silence be so loud?" "You are my Heaven on earth" "love can come and pass you by" in Ave Maria. sounds almost like a parody.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chris said:

The in-fighting in here.

not I am Slosha Fierce being the new Dubai. :dies:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.