• Replies 112.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

the eyeball popping out and her not flinching one bit :deadbanana4: she’s never beating the lizard allegations 

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, cloudbusting said:

idk it popped up in the last few pages, and if nothing else it’s a sign of how unhinged we’ve gotten as a collective :toofunny2:

Meh, so many celebs, and people use Ozempic, tbh, it isn't that big of deal. 

I will say from personal experience, it's amazing lol

Now that we've got that new I'm That Girl look, I'm not ashamed to say I hope she never wears the Teletubbies bodysuit again

• Thanks 1

I'm so tired of Beyoncé's new material (barring Renaissance) being uncatchy ****. "Shining," "Top Off," "Black Parade," "Be Alive" type song that only wows the first week then fizzles out the following week because nobody cares about it and the replay value is so slim. Don't get me wrong, I love these songs too, but when I saw "Delresto (Echoes)" I rolled my eyes and said, "It's going to sound like that again, isn't it?" and I was right. It's becoming so predictable.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

the eyeball popping out and her not flinching one bit :deadbanana4: she’s never beating the lizard allegations 

I screamed and her eyeball twitching around. :deadbanana4:

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, bwhansen said:

Now that we've got that new I'm That Girl look, I'm not ashamed to say I hope she never wears the Teletubbies bodysuit again

IT was one of, if not my fave.

So minimal and gorgeous. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Statues in the next room
Billions in escrow 
Bulletproof the whole thing
Ignore the dress code
Step into the ballroom

Face full of botox

Body full of Ozempic

spacer.png

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, BGKC said:

Well that depends. There’s over 10 million people in NJ/West Side of Manhattan/NYS/PA/CT that find MetLife to be more convenient, hence the reason it exists as such. Brooklyn, Queens and Long Island however…. There is a rail line that drops people off directly in front of MetLife from Secaucus that starts from Grand Central (along with many buses from port authority). I just think it’s all too confusing to New Yorkers that don’t know anything beyond the MTA. The key is just planning way ahead during the day (going home is just going to be chaos no matter what or where). The area is just too congested and split up by islands, bridge and tunnel. There is no easy fix when it comes to the tri state location. 

Well that’s like two different regions (and quite literally two different states). She could have done one at MetLife and another in citifield. It’s far more convenient for ppl who actually live in NY. Idk I’m just tired of the commute. 

I went to the concert on Saturday. I waited 14 years for this and it was amazing, never seen anything like it. Downside is... i cant remember anything i just remembered having a good time but no details from the concert except for the opening act.

• Like 3

Yeah MetLife is a nightmare. We went really early so we were good but I never need to be there again 

“Yall do too much on atrl. The Queen doesn’t owe you anything. Be grateful she even dropped an album” 

Meanwhile in real life:

Spoiler

spacer.png

• Haha 3

Before i was a stan I always noticed that she would get the worst of the illuminati conspiracies (maybe Gaga too, but with her I could kind of see why). 

2 minutes ago, swtamira said:

Before i was a stan I always noticed that she would get the worst of the illuminati conspiracies (maybe Gaga too, but with her I could kind of see why). 

Literally today I saw tweets and comments about Blue throwing the Roc Nation sign and they were saying it was the illuminati triangle :rip:

• Haha 3

Did the tank roll all the way to Club Ren last night? It didn't on Saturday

1 hour ago, Monday Night Messiah said:

I'm so tired of Beyoncé's new material (barring Renaissance) being uncatchy ****. "Shining," "Top Off," "Black Parade," "Be Alive" type song that only wows the first week then fizzles out the following week because nobody cares about it and the replay value is so slim. Don't get me wrong, I love these songs too, but when I saw "Delresto (Echoes)" I rolled my eyes and said, "It's going to sound like that again, isn't it?" and I was right. It's becoming so predictable.

You're kind of right. I listened to Delresto for 2 days straight, it took me like 5 listens to get into it, however now I'm already over it. The catchiest part was actually at 3:30 when she sings "It's the let go" repeatedly. Other than that, it's just not sth I crave listening

Did these songs ever wow? :)

Lol, honestly I don't love her little side project droplets. The one thing I'll give them, is that they are distinctly her. Black Parade, Shinning, Be Alive wouldn't be made by anyone else. 

8 minutes ago, Mitsouko said:

Did the tank roll all the way to Club Ren last night? It didn't on Saturday

it did 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

:skull:

Reminds me of the time her ear was bleeding during 6 Inch and she just carried on.

I agree. 

The songs, their general lack of replay value, and the meh reception from the GP legitimately had me worried about Renaissance pre its release. In terms of its material and performance on the charts. 

But what is clear is that Bey knows how to lock into a concept and how to play the game. IMO, there is no coincidence that BMS (which is SO commercially on the nose) was the first single and that Cuff It was eventually pushed most. There's a lot of super catchy, GP-friendly material on the album in general. She gave herself plenty of options.

Maybe she really is hyper-dialed-in to the idea of making bodies of work (that all at once give her room to be commercial, experimental, diverse, and yet cohesive). When left to these droplets, she either isn't as equipped to deliver on 'em as she used to or purposefully decides not to. 

It's interesting cus when I heard she was doing Dance, I actually expected ish more in the vein of Delresto given how left-field she'd been driving musically and how much she purposely avoided EDM at its 2010s peak. Only for Bey to essentially drive down the commercial route with sprinkles of experimentation.

So, I'm intrigued about what's coming with Act 2 and 3.

2 hours ago, Monday Night Messiah said:

well to be fair, Shining and Top Off are not her songs and there's always a big difference between a song she co-produced and one she does not. The same goes for Delresto (Echoes) which I agree is a bit unremarkable, but feels much like she offered Travis some melodies cut from Renaissance and then he produced the track. So of course these songs are not going to have the same feeling or impact as her own work.

It's much like when Lana Del Rey is featured on a song she didn't write or produce. She has such a personal style, that inevitably it's not going to be as good as her own material. Add to that a DJ Khaled production, and it's certainly not going to be something as interesting and experimental as I'M THAT GIRL.

BLACK PARADE I do not agree with though, it's one of her best songs. The lyricism alone is so special, and is probably her most verbose song in her catalogue. And with her vocal delivery, I think it's a really interesting song that was not intended to be a catchy pop hit. It was a Juneteenth gift and then a bonus track for the Black is King release.

As for Be Alive, a soundtrack song, I've went on too much in 2021 to repeat it, but again I don't think she was trying to make a catchy hit, she was making a song catered to the end credits of a film, and one that embodied the message.

Edited by swissman
  • Like 4

I wonder what happened to Trinity last night. She didn’t dance. 
not 2 of her most charismatic dancers being out (Honey and Trinity) :biblionny:

1 minute ago, swissman said:

Remember how mad the hive was that Beyoncé "teased" her new project with that maroon hand everyone swore was her's? Only for it to be revealed it was some man's.

I don’t remember anyone being mad. We were intrigued and excited. It was a teaser and it worked. Then we quickly got some real news. The official press release about the visuals and the ITG teaser are a year old. Two different cases

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.