Beyoncé

Kisuke

The world loves pop Beyoncé. If her lead is great with a great video, it’s a wrap.

• Replies 111.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

6 minutes ago, Devin said:

We have to remember Bey has pop appeal

+ the hype for a new album

+ first proper release since forever

She will do extremely well. And depending on the music it could be a bonus.

Lemonade did 15M right? So maybe it'll be around 30-40M. But Yvette is hinting strategy and roll out so let's be positive. 

On a side note, I think she'll do well on pure sales. If 4 copies of CDs are counted as separate sales, let's just say 50K US Hives bought them, that's 200K (even if 11K bought them based on The Gift sales, she has around 50K sales, this is impossible). Then we have vinyl sales, maybe around 100K? 

I'm going to predict 400-500K. But I hope she could break Alicia Key's first week R&B female artist record.

While I still don't believe Bey will drop a "lead" in the conventional sense, I do feel we'll get pre-album music. A focus song, if you will. A Formation tea. 

With that, would you want it solo or open to it being a collab?

Solo makes sense as it's a reintroduction and a literal intro to her new sound. 

However, the Chart Hive in me, really doesn't want her to fumble the bag. "Beyonce" the name generates a certain amount of buzz, but it's 50/50 as to how streaming/radio will take to a solo song. Is it worth her chancing it and possibly having a lead that's a top 20 instead of a strong top 5 / top 10?

Can't stress enough how much the "lead" has to be a hit in this streaming era. It'll carry the album chart-wise and certifications wise. So, it's actually a must. 

1 minute ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

Lemonade did 15M right? So maybe it'll be around 30-40M. But Yvette is hinting strategy and roll out so let's be positive. 

Yeah something around that.

Tbh anything above 30M+ streams on the first week is considered an album bomb. Considering how long she’s been in the industry.

Y'all shouldn't be predicting 400-500k. Prepare for 200k, even. 

4 minutes ago, GodSaveTheQueen said:

The world loves pop Beyoncé. If her lead is great with a great video, it’s a wrap.

This tbh 

Based on the attention the teasing/announcement got, Its going to come down to quality. If she delivers, the numbers will surpass expectations. As she did with her last two albums  

Also...

Total and utter randomness, but I feel Adele has been almost too quiet ahead of what now looks like comeback shows in London next month. It was giving victory lap when announced, now (after the Vegas debacle) it's giving re-start of her era. 

With both ladies being on Columbia, a collab at any point would be dually beneficial. But now, it would serve to gift Adele much needed-good will. While for Bey, Adele has a certain in-built/automated hype that will ensure a hit. At least from a lead-single standpoint. I'd be here for it.

No way out fav is doing less than Harry Styles (330K pure sales). Beyhives are more rabid. 

1 minute ago, Cbreezy said:

While I still don't believe Bey will drop a "lead" in the conventional sense, I do feel we'll get pre-album music. A focus song, if you will. A Formation tea. 

However, the Chart Hive in me, really doesn't want her to fumble the bag. "Beyonce" the name generates a certain amount of buzz, but it's 50/50 as to how streaming/radio will take to a solo song. Is it worth her chancing it and possibly having a lead that's a top 20 instead of a strong top 5 / top 10?

Can't stress enough how much the "lead" has to be a hit in this streaming era. It'll carry the album chart-wise and certifications wise. So, it's actually a must. 

Solo all day every day. Show them how shes in a league of her own. Give them choreo, energy, sass, vocals, fashion. I want it all and solo

Who’s ******* with her?!

I prefer:

Lead Single - solo

2nd Single - collab (not Jay Z)

I hate lead singles with a collab. 

4 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

Do you think B or Columbia will reveal the preorder numbers? For six years I haven't been following HDD, Billboard or anything chart related but who has the highest preordered album post streaming eras?

2 minutes ago, Devin said:

I prefer:

Lead Single - solo

2nd Single - collab (not Jay Z)

I hate lead singles with a collab. 

How about dual singles like IASF? :fan:

One solo and one Collab. 

6 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

Solo all day every day. Show them how shes in a league of her own. Give them choreo, energy, sass, vocals, fashion. I want it all and solo

7 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

I'm not a fan of collabs, I'd always pick solo if possible but honestly...if it's a collab with a mainstream artist, I wouldn't mind it being Doja though highly unlikely

3 minutes ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

Do you think B or Columbia will reveal the preorder numbers? For six years I haven't been following HDD, Billboard or anything chart related but who has the highest preordered album post streaming eras?

I think they'll do it if it works as a press clipping. 

I've seen artists have like 100k/200k in pre-orders and the team will spill it for press.

4 minutes ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

One solo and one Collab. 

She did it with Self-Titled as well - XO and Drunk In Love.

I think they'll do it if it works as a press clipping. 

I've seen artists have like 100k/200k in pre-orders and the team will spill it for press.

Is that amount good? How much did Taylor did with preorders?

5 minutes ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

One solo and one Collab. 

I like this but it makes me nervous too cause eventually one will outshine the other. :dies:

I think she’ll captialize on the moment announcing the tour album release day, release week, or after she drops the lead (if one happens). 

1 minute ago, Devin said:

I like this but it makes me nervous too cause eventually one will outshine the other. :dies:

Not really. Ladies and Boys did great in 2008. Two top tens simultaneously isn't that bad.

5 minutes ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

Not really. Ladies and Boys did great in 2008. Two top tens simultaneously isn't that bad.

Facts! Its just my mind instantly went to XO vs DIL :skull:

10 minutes ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

One solo and one Collab. 

That would be iconic and take the "pressure" off the need for a "hit single". 

Creates a nice swirl of streaming buzz and whichever takes-off most gets the push. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.