• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

3 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

I wouldn't put it past Parkwood to submit something themselves :rip: But maybe someone else saw the first submission and decided to piggyback off it.

I'm not getting my hopes up over something so vague

Same :lmao:

I think there have been rumors of her doing Dolly for a while, but I think they were sparked by Dolly saying she wanted to Bey to cover one of her songs...

I want her to cover 9 to 5 though, I would die

Dolly said she wanted Bey to cover Jolene, though

Edited by Lose My Breath

1 minute ago, Lose My Breath said:

I want her to cover 9 to 5 though, I would die

When she somehow mixes 9 to 5 into Break My Soul on tour :ihype:

1 hour ago, AxelFox said:

Yeah FWT (and Homecoming) were very dance-break heavy, and they were great for what they were, it think it fit the theming at the time. But now with Renaissance I wouldn't mind if she scaled down the dance breaks, I just want well choreographed routines. Think Blow, Dance For You, Naughty girl.. They're not really intense but just so damn effective and entertaining. I think Renaissance songs would benefit a lot from that, especially tracks like Virgo's groove, Cuff It, Summer Renaissance.

Would love to see a dance break for the outro of Break My Soul though tbh!

oh definitely, i would be very satisfied with 2h30 of mostly that type of dancing/moving, some crazy in love energy, with a lot of walking around, posing (not the expressionless stoic poses tho :deadvision:), her commanding the stage like the stevie wonder tribute and 2-3 more intense dance breaks sprinkled throughout the show.

As long as it’s active and fits Renaissance and isn’t something like dubai (which we know it won’t be), we’ll be good !

I’d also love if she just kept the classic choreos (why not revisit them like she updated CIL over the years) and swapped the Diva/RTA/RTW/Mine dance breaks for entirely new Renni ones… a dream :giraffe:

57 minutes ago, Machete said:

I won't think much about the DeuxMoi post, they're very hit or MISS... but the tea on Act 2 being country/acoustic has been regurgitated by so many independent sources in the past year that there has to be truth to it.

if there’s one rumor i want to be true it’s that random journalist saying it’s gonna be an alternative album… just imagine a beyoncé spin on the tame impala sound mixed with different genres, blending acoustic elements with more upbeat, electronic sounds :WAP:

her NFR is coming 

I'm surprised she's only starting to rehearse this week. I always imagine her rehearsing for like six months.

Anyway she's living the life rn. A month in Paris. :smitten: Hopefully she and Jay aren't staying at a hotel owned by a human rights violator this time.

5 minutes ago, Mitsouko said:

I'm surprised she's only starting to rehearse this week. I always imagine her rehearsing for like six months.

Anyway she's living the life rn. A month in Paris. :smitten: Hopefully she and Jay aren't staying at a hotel owned by a human rights violator this time.

I’m sure she has been rehearsing for a year. They rehearse in soundstages, and now they are rehearsing in a stadium.

Im so excited for the country / acoustic album. I’m sure it will be experimental and I’m sure it will have a launch strategy. 

What would be the point of an ACT 2? Have team Beyoncé become so unbelievably incompetent that they think that somehow the Hive and GP will make another album smash after she's dealt crumbs to the original? 

They might as well go ahead and do it. The meltdowns and lashings will be quite the treat.

Matthew made SEVERAL points.

fFXDF71.gif

The nest thing about this upcoming tour is that Beyoncé has to leave the house. 

She might have a hologram ready though, who knows what lengths Mrs. Giselle Carter would go to stay home and pretend she isn't in the midst of a musical era.

fFXDF71.gif

21 minutes ago, simon said:

I’m sure she has been rehearsing for a year. They rehearse in soundstages, and now they are rehearsing in a stadium.

Im so excited for the country / acoustic album. I’m sure it will be experimental and I’m sure it will have a launch strategy. 

I'm just surprised it's not still on sound stages until later this month. The cost to rent that Paris stadium must be huge. 

I'm not sold on country. I know she will make it her own though. 

38 minutes ago, Mitsouko said:

In stadium rehearsals are not how people begin rehearsing, so this isn't a reflection of how long she's been rehearsing for

3 hours ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

you missed end of time/grown woman choreo, the RTA dance break, Diva and it’s dance break, sorry (kinda)… 

i could do with one or two dance breaks less (if she has to scale back the dancing) but i need FWT level dancing, it was just the perfect balance of vocals and choreo. Not settling for anything less :sorry:

It really was. TBE and FWT kinda undefeated as her best tours until this summer :sistrens:

Edited by bijonse

It's very obviously a country album of some kind, it's just a matter of how she incorporates it.  She knows her fanbase isn't here for a full on acoustic, country album so I'm sure it has all kinds of elements just like her other albums.

Although I do think they're in for a rude awakening if they surprise drop it and treat it like they have Renaissance. unless the lead features Taylor Swift then its an instant #1

2 hours ago, cloudbusting said:

tbh Renaissance would benefit going the SISTAR route of less complex yet memorable (and allowing her to still SING) 

maybe some more technical and complex stuff for the songs where she’s not going off vocally like PURE

besides, even if she herself isn’t turning stunts, that doesn’t mean her dancers can’t 

Bdjdhdkff anofher STAR1???

No she would chew a cute touch my body or I swear choreo moment :jonny:

Edited by bijonse

I don't believe in the "country album".

The album will be under a much larger category and I think the NYT journalist who said it was accoustic is probably the most accurate. 2-3 country songs but the other 10 will be everything from folk, blues & rock, to alternative & anthemic pop.

The same way Renaissance is not a house album, but a celebration of all dance genres from Afrobeats to Disco, with the underpinning being electronica. Act ii will be earthy instrumentation

Edited by Otter

45 minutes ago, simon said:

14 minutes ago, Otter said:

In stadium rehearsals are not how people begin rehearsing, so this isn't a reflection of how long she's been rehearsing for

Educate me :chick2:

I will scream if the country album gets the rollout we all though Ren was getting. Plethora of content etc. For the cover I bet the disco horse is gonna change into, well, a horse horse. :giraffe:

1 minute ago, Mitsouko said:

Educate me :chick2:

I will scream if the country album gets the rollout we all though Ren was getting. Plethora of content etc. For the cover I bet the disco horse is gonna change into, well, a horse horse. :giraffe:

At the end of the ACT I visuals Reneigh will CGI transform into a real horse. :giraffe:

She's essentially doing I Am Sasha Fierce II, but making them separate albums instead of a dual CD

If Act 2 is a fully realized version of the I Am... side of Sasha. We might have something massive here. Regardless of how I feel it's her weakest album by far IASF is still her biggest commercially. It clearly resonated with the GP. And iterating on that and mastering the sound with her present quality it could be a collapse I fear. :gayoncecat1:

Edited by suneclipse121

24 minutes ago, Shelter said:

I'm just surprised it's not still on sound stages until later this month. The cost to rent that Paris stadium must be huge. 

maybe it's a testament to how intricate the stage design will be :gaycat5: 

I really need her to levitate and do the Drunk in Dubai runs while on the small stage inside Club Renny. it's a need.

1 minute ago, kimberly said:

maybe it's a testament to how intricate the stage design will be :gaycat5: 

I really need her to levitate and do the Drunk in Dubai runs while on the small stage inside Club Renny. it's a need.

That's exactly what I think it is. This is about to be a massive production:jonny5:

Edited by suneclipse121

3 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

At the end of the ACT I visuals Reneigh will CGI transform into a real horse. :giraffe:

What does it change into for Act III? :giraffe:

Spoiler

A giraffe. :giraffe:

Just now, Mitsouko said:

What does it change into for Act III? :giraffe:

Reveal hidden contents

A giraffe. :giraffe:

YOU WON'T BREAK MY NECK

:giraffe:

18 minutes ago, bijonse said:

Bdjdhdkff anofher STAR1???

No she would chew a cute touch my body or I swear choreo moment :jonny:

ofc! I love talent! :jonny6:

9 minutes ago, Otter said:

I don't believe in the "country album".

The album will be under a much larger category and I think the NYT journalist who said it was accoustic is probably the most accurate. 2-3 country songs but the other 10 will be everything from folk, blues & rock, to alternative & anthemic pop.

The same way Renaissance is not a house album, but a celebration of all dance genres from Afrobeats to Disco, with the underpinning being electronica. Act ii will be earthy instrumentation

This makes the most sense.

Either a collab with Kacey or covering a Dolly song would tick the country slot. Or Kacey and Beyoncé cover a Dolly song.

But yeah it seems to be more of a live instrumentation album. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.