Beyoncé

Kisuke

Why is she being blamed for Chlöe's underperformance? Her ass would have been dropped by Columbia two years ago if it wasn't for Beyoncé. They are losing money with her.

• Replies 111.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

20 minutes ago, Pepo said:

I agree, but is that the reason why Adele is regarded as "the voice of our generation" by the GP? 

She needs to tone down her dance routine and increase the vocal moments. When was the last time she hit a note above Eb5? Was it in 2016? Six years ago? 

I don't care if a big portion of the hive wants that, she pleased all of you for so long with FWT and Coachella, now it's our turn. 

I noticed this as well. Even in the albums, we haven't really gotten a big ballad, vocally-challenging moment since "Heaven." That was almost 10 years ago. "Plastic off the Sofa" and "Virgo's Groove" don't really count because they're more about runs, not high notes.

3 hours ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

this reads as almost as good of an idea as having chloe release a duett with chris brown. beyonce would be torn to shreds if she associated herself with azealia, no matter how fitting her music would be

1 hour ago, giRLbye. said:

Azealia didn’t inspire anything unless you are 15 yrs old & think house music started with her 

that woman is deranged & has said some of the most personal vile attacks on Beyonce…even going as far as using her dad’s outside children against her. She is evil.

Again... Y'all saw 7 SOLID choices and went after the one outlier. *shrugs* Isn't that a weird way to operate? Azealia Banks would definitely fit into the negativity of this base. :coffee2:

Victoria Monet, Nile Rodgers, Raphael Saadiq, Jessie Ware, Megan Thee Stallion, Honey Dijon, and Dawn Richard were all right there. 

1 hour ago, giRLbye. said:

Azealia didn’t inspire anything unless you are 15 yrs old & think house music started with her 

that woman is deranged & has said some of the most personal vile attacks on Beyonce…even going as far as using her dad’s outside children against her. She is evil.

13 hours ago, bijonse said:

This is not a private performance for a hotel in a conservative country where she can just give us vocals and synchronization and have everyone walk away stunned. The regular people who aren’t in the beyhive are expecting a showcase of what makes her better than every other performer imo and she’s given us hard choreo pretty much since the destiny’s child days. She doesn’t have to slow down her performance style now, she’s only 40 something which is still young and she’s always been a fitness health girlie I don’t see how that would change now. Like if her body needed resting I think she should’ve just not went on tour right now. Judging by her walking around in 6 inch stilletos though she’s probably fine

nah I disagree. 

this is what makes her better than every other performer:

not this cringy ass ****

12 hours ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

She's crazy... but her music is next level and she's already on B's radar. I heard clear inspiration from "BBD" & "Desperado" in the post-bridge breakdown of "Thique".

Maybe one hometown NYC date?

A song produced in 2013 (if not 2012 even) was inspired by an obscure 2014 release???

how is the dancebreak for everybody mad cringey? its incredible to me

14 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

nah I disagree. 

not this cringy ass ****

Not at all :rip: Quite the opposite.

There are singers who could match that Irreplaceable performance vocally, or at least come close.

But there's nobody out there that could pull off that dance break the way Beyonce does, especially not 1 hour into a concert of high energy performing. That was like her 6th intense dance break since the start of the show. 

1 hour ago, Pepo said:

I agree, but is that the reason why Adele is regarded as "the voice of our generation" by the GP? 

She needs to tone down her dance routine and increase the vocal moments. When was the last time she hit a note above Eb5? Was it in 2016? Six years ago? 

I don't care if a big portion of the hive wants that, she pleased all of you for so long with FWT and Coachella, now it's our turn. 

Ew... She can do that when she's 50+. No rush to put her in a box like that. Beyonces core fanbase isn't paying to see that at this point in their lives. Sorry. 

The mic and a light crew already lost that argument during the 4 era. An era folks suddenly miss now that Beyonce is effortlessly punching and can't be shamed out of a career after having a husband and kids.

5 minutes ago, mariposa said:

A song produced in 2013 (if not 2012 even) was inspired by an obscure 2014 release???

Thique was made in 2014 in the same batch as "Feeling Myself". Hit-Boy said it himself.

Desperado (started out as early demo "Lux & Plush") and BBD are from the 2012 first batch when XL/Interscope/Polydor told her to go out and add some hits to the mix (enter "Chasing Time", "Soda", "Ice Princess"). 

1 hour ago, Pepo said:

LMFAO to WHO? Stop acting like Beyoncé is some old lady who can’t move anymore, she’s a dancer too

Edited by bijonse

1 hour ago, family.guy123 said:

nah I disagree. 

not this cringy ass ****

Both are amazing. Love my TALENTED ALL AROUND fave :heart2:

22 hours ago, Monday Night Messiah said:

Beyoncé toured Dubai in I Am... World Tour in 2009 and she didn't have to tone down anything other than the outfits (covering arms and legs).

I didn't say she "had" to do anything. I said the concert was respectful of and took on some of the cultural norms of pop there.

Whether or not she changed a solo world tour stop over a decade ago doesn't really have anything to do with the fact that this co-branded sponsored concert did seem to play into the region's pop practices. She even injected Arabic instrumentation into songs that otherwise had no such influence. It's clear she was trying to take on the stylings of the region's pop in how the performance was set, how it was musically arranged, and even how she sang.

10 minutes ago, swissman said:

I didn't say she "had" to do anything. I said the concert was respectful of and took on some of the cultural norms of pop there.

Whether or not she changed a solo world tour stop over a decade ago doesn't really have anything to do with the fact that this co-branded sponsored concert did seem to play into the region's pop practices. She even injected Arabic instrumentation into songs that otherwise had no such influence. It's clear she was trying to take on the stylings of the region's pop in how the performance was set, how it was musically arranged, and even how she sang.

She pays so much attention to detail, the Arabic arrangement for naughty girl was kinda otherworldly :jonny5: and then her doing her homework and doing arabic scales for countdown like she’s such a student 

On 4/10/2023 at 11:02 AM, Lose My Breath said:

I'm so confused how this ACT stuff is going to go, especially since the tour starts next month and we still don't have ANY visuals for the first act, or any indication for the following act :rip: 

This is all a complete mess, not to mention it looks like the tour has been relegated to another anglosphere only tour

I feel like a huge disappointment may be coming :lmao:

We didn't even have new music until a handful of days before The Formation World Tour started though... except the tour's title song.

I'm not saying we're going to get something before the tour, but I don't think Beyoncé cares if she misses any perceived dates for when new music or visuals should be released ahead of a tour. She also dropped ST halfway through TMCSWT so something like that is possible. I would argue as this era has been about drawing thing out, we won't be getting act ii anytime soon, and that she'll make us wait.

The possibilities seem like:

• visuals released slightly before tour
  • visuals released while on tour (maybe the anniversary?)
  • act ii released slightly before tour (very unlikely imo)
  • act ii released halfway through existing tour dates (also seems unlikely)
  • act ii released after starting new dates (if the rumours about touring other continents are true)
  • act ii released after the tour is completed

Edited by swissman

I just really hope she’s smart enough to tease the act ii in the visuals if they come anytime before or during the tour.

13 hours ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

I love that y'all saw a list of 5-6 shoo-in names and went after why one name shouldn't be there. :coffee2:

Victoria Monet, Nile Rodgers, Raphael Saadiq, Jessie Ware, Megan Thee Stallion, Honey Dijon, and Dawn Richard?

She's def the most unlikely, but the sound match with Ren is almost seamless. 

That “sound” is from black queer people, a group Bey already worked with on this album and ppl she can fill the opening spot with. She don’t need ha :deadbanana2:

Sooo a few days ago a Twitter "insider account" said Beyoncé was gonna be in Paris this week... at first I thought they were obviously lying but today Jay announced a Paris concert on Friday and The Dream was spotted here... what do we think??

1 minute ago, bwhansen said:

Sooo a few days ago a Twitter "insider account" said Beyoncé was gonna be in Paris this week... at first I thought they were obviously lying but today Jay announced a Paris concert on Friday and The Dream was spotted here... what do we think??

Someone is also saying she rented out u arena in paris for rehearsals starting this weekend :duca: so maybe she’ll make a cameo appearance for CIL or something

remember this :jonny5:

1 minute ago, Shone Ai said:

That “sound” is from black queer people, a group Bey already worked with on this album and ppl she can fill the opening spot with. She don’t need ha :deadbanana2:

AB is not a Black, Queer person? That's news to me. 

Moving on, I would love to see one or two long-term opening acts, with a few location-centric acts thrown in. 

For example:

Megan in Houston? Monumental.

Dawn Richard in NOLA? PERFECT.

Lizzo in Minneapolis, hers & Prince's home-base? HUGE.

Jessie Ware in London? Chef's Kiss.

4 weekends left before the tour... :gaycat6:

Not gonna lie, dropping the visuals the Saturday before the tour kicks off would kinda be a serve. Renaissance would blow up that week

5 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

Not gonna lie, dropping the visuals the Saturday before the tour kicks off would kinda be a serve. Renaissance would blow up that week

I think this is what she’s gonna do :duca:

17 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

I would... have a heart attack :deadbanana:

I'm already gonna be bouncing off the walls that weekend. 16 music videos would send me overboard. Pop me like a balloon :rip:

6 minutes ago, Mitsouko said:

I would... have a heart attack :deadbanana:

I'm already gonna be bouncing off the walls that weekend. 16 music videos would send me overboard. Pop me like a balloon :rip:

Monday May 1st - attends the Met Gala in Renaissance Couture, drops trailer

Saturday May 6th - Drops visuals, teases Act II at the end

Wednesday May 10th - Tour kicks off 

:jamming:

24 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

Monday May 1st - attends the Met Gala in Renaissance Couture, drops trailer

Saturday May 6th - Drops visuals, teases Act II at the end

Wednesday May 10th - Tour kicks off 

:jamming:

That would be the dream :wanda:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.