Beyoncé

Kisuke

7 hours ago, bijonse said:

This kinda has nothing to do w the music. Renaissance is her best album like even AUIYM shakes me when I start appreciating it for what it is. It just doesn’t match the rest of the album every time I’m listening straight through it throws me off but when I listen to it on it’s own :loud:

Girl, like what do you mean? It’s a visual album, mama. It has everything to do with the music.

By the time you get to All Night, you literally feel cathartic. Especially with the poem leading into it.

Take one pint of water, add a half pound of sugar, the juice of eight lemons, the zest of half a lemon. Pour the water from one jug then into the other several times. Strain through a clean napkin.

Grandmother, the alchemist, you spun gold out of this hard life, conjured beauty from the things left behind. Found healing where it did not live. Discovered the antidote in your own kit. You passed these instructions down to your daughter who then passed it down to her daughter.

:cries:

I mean, you’re right in a sense. But I guess im talking more about the emotional resonance. Currently, for me, Renaissance is a dance album, along the same lines of COADF and even recent ones like Future Nostalgia. The visuals have the potential to add more depth and emotional salience to it. Like seeing the black drag queens and femmes voguing and expressing their freedom on Pure/Honey for example could elevate the emotional stakes. Or the release of pain and judgement that a church girl goes through. Etc. Another way to think about it is how the visuals changed people’s enjoyment of The Gift. Literally went from being ignored to one of her best works.

• Replies 111.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

1 hour ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

this, and that’s without counting the fact that half of the tour was low energy/sloppy for beyoncé standards, especially after homecoming 

on another topic i really don’t want 20 thousand dancers again, it’s getting really stale. i get her using big bands and having a lot of dancers for some visuals effects but it’s gotten lazy, be alive didn’t need half of all those dancers spinning in circles and dubai was just… :biblio: i’m coming to see beyoncé dance, not a couple hundred random girls doing cheerleader formations 

what happened to having a nice band, some backup singers and a cute dozen dancers ? 

I would have agreed for other tours like Formation or OTR, but for THIS album?? 

No I’m gonna need the whole works. Make it feel like a dance floor up on that stage and off in the audience. This one is a celebration. She can have as many dancers as she wants and I won’t be mad.

In fact, I’ll be more gagged if she learns to vogue and joins them. :jonnycat:

Yall really think she won’t be dancing like usual? :huh:

I know we haven’t seen her do it in a bit but that kind of ability doesn’t just vanish 

1 hour ago, Shinning said:

She's older but not that old. If Madonna could do sommersaults and backflips at 50 then Bey can shake that ass at 40. She just needs to put the work in which we know she can.

I agree and that's why I specifically used the word 'older' and not 'old'! :heart:

I knew something wasn’t right with OTR2 when Bey played at Vanderbilt and the school paid for tickets for all the freshmen :pancake:

2 hours ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

on another topic i really don’t want 20 thousand dancers again, it’s getting really stale. i get her using big bands and having a lot of dancers for some visuals effects but it’s gotten lazy, be alive didn’t need half of all those dancers spinning in circles and dubai was just… :biblio: i’m coming to see beyoncé dance, not a couple hundred random girls doing cheerleader formations 

what happened to having a nice band, some backup singers and a cute dozen dancers ? 

I actually really feel this way too. I just want a band and a couple girls behind her. Bring the les twins. But I care about the love band and just Beyoncé showing out more than anything. 

And I have said this in here and idk about people's feelings but Be Alive performance for me was nothing great. A let down tbh. I pray the too many dancers and hand swaying is gone for good. 

Tbh I'm not too worried cuz she'll deliver but still nothing else to talk about so...

Guys, please stop asking for a strip down version of a concert when she's just released one of the most bouncy/upbeat album in a while and is gonna tour huge stadiums.

She has to take into account the fact that people are gonna be really far so to convey her energy and her power, the live footage on screen won't be enough. People whose seats are far away need to see a lot of moving parts to enjoy the show :biblio:

This is not the kind of album you tour in libraries with your guitar. :weeps: (Wouldn't mind a Tiny Desk set one day, though :eli:)

Be Alive performance was great! Can’t knock it one bit.

But the song sucks so yeah, it’d be taking up room on the set list. Like imagine she could do Be Alive or one of The Gift songs… who gonna choose Be Alive?? :rip: Or forget the amazing songs on The Gift, she may as well bring back a B’Day deep cut. 

Literally would suck the energy out of the room to perform Be Alive. It’s like a lesser Freedom. 

I remember people prematurely dragging Coachella before we got what we got. Y’all just need to be patient. The tour literally is starting next month. We stan the greatest live performer of all time. Just be patient.

How would anyone reasonably argue that there's even a possibility that the RENAISSANCE WORLD TOUR is going to be anything like Dubai's insofar as set-list/energy/presentation?

First of all, her vocals there were PHENOMENAL, maybe the best in a long while simply because she allowed herself the chance to stand there and sing...so complaining about energy to me is a bit weird given where one think lacks, another is made up for.

Second, the Dubai performance was incredibly respectful to their cultural norm of pop music. I'm not sure if people are familiar with the Arab pop world, but even the biggest pop divas basically just walk onto the stage and sing. There's very little dancing or exuberant energy except for a few exceptions (at least, from what I've seen).

Third, Beyoncé is a Virgo. She's not going to be content doing anything remotely unimpressive. This is her "comeback" tour...her first in 5 years. I'm sure she has big plans, and also knows how to still put out energy while conserving it and not having to give so hard as The Beyoncé Experience yet still serving 100% Beyoncé.

Edited by swissman

1 minute ago, swissman said:

How would anyone reasonably argue that there's even a possibility that the RENAISSANCE WORLD TOUR is going to be anything like Dubai's insofar as set-list/energy/presentation?

First of all, her vocals there were PHENOMENAL, maybe the best in a long while simply because she allowed herself the change to stand there and sing...so complaining about energy to me is a bit weird given where one think lacks, another is made up for.

Second, the Dubai performance was incredibly respectful to the cultural norm of pop music. I'm not sure if people are familiar with the Arab pop world, but even the biggest pop divas basically just walk onto the stage and sing. There's very little dancing or exuberant energy except for a few exceptions (at least, from what I've seen).

Third, Beyoncé is a Virgo. She's not going to be content doing anything remotely unimpressive. This is her "comeback" tour...her first in 5 years. I'm sure she has big plans, and also knows how to still put out energy while conserving it and not having to give so hard as The Beyoncé Experience yet still serving 100% Beyoncé.

the-soul-man-niecy-nash.gif

OTRII was an embarrassment all around. The way she was too tired to do the full kick for the “suck on my balls” dance :deadbanana4: 

The fact that y’all think Bey is gonna come back half-a**ed when she’s being more mysterious than ever says a lot. 

11 minutes ago, Machete said:

OTRII was an embarrassment all around. The way she was too tired to do the full kick for the “suck on my balls” dance :deadbanana4: 

That part of the performance was questionable anyway :lmao:

3 hours ago, Shinning said:

She's older but not that old. If Madonna could do sommersaults and backflips at 50 then Bey can shake that ass at 40. She just needs to put the work in which we know she can.

Everyone's body is different. We don't know bey's medical history and injuries can be very damaging and have lasting impacts. I'm expecting her to do her best but I need people to stop saying "she's still young she should be able to do xyz" it doesn't work like that. Gaga broke her hip at like 25

Edited by PrettyHurts

Who do y’all think is going to be the opening act for the tour? FLO confirmed they’re not opening. I believe Chloe is going to be performing somewhere else during one of the tour dates, so I don’t think she will opening either. 

He loves this song:ahh: it doesn’t matter who you are Me Myself and I TOUCHES everyone, you just need to belt it out and really feel it:jonny5:

There's no way Bey is coming back and putting on a lazy show, she only does that with Jay Z. Which by the way, why did he never do empire state of mind with Bey singing alicia's part? I just know the song would be better

3 hours ago, Kassi said:

I would have agreed for other tours like Formation or OTR, but for THIS album?? 

No I’m gonna need the whole works. Make it feel like a dance floor up on that stage and off in the audience. This one is a celebration. She can have as many dancers as she wants and I won’t be mad.

In fact, I’ll be more gagged if she learns to vogue and joins them. :jonnycat:

i meant as in i need the HER doing the dances, sure she can bring a bunch of dancers, let them do whatever but i need her doing the celebration, not a couple hundred random girls or some dubai/standing there thing while they’ll prance around her :priceless:

4 minutes ago, QueenB said:

There's no way Bey is coming back and putting on a lazy show, she only does that with Jay Z. Which by the way, why did he never do empire state of mind with Bey singing alicia's part? I just know the song would be better

Because she did Holy Grail for OTR I and cleared Justin. :jonnycat: Alicia is a homegirl, so she was spared the embarrassment.

4 minutes ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

i meant as in i need the HER doing the dances, sure she can bring a bunch of dancers, let them do whatever but i need her doing the celebration, not a couple hundred random girls or some dubai/standing there thing while they’ll prance around her :priceless:

Oh yeah, I agree with this.

2 hours ago, Tangane said:

Guys, please stop asking for a strip down version of a concert when she's just released one of the most bouncy/upbeat album in a while and is gonna tour huge stadiums.

absolutely no one’s asking for this :rip:

2 hours ago, Calypso said:

I actually really feel this way too. I just want a band and a couple girls behind her. Bring the les twins. But I care about the love band and just Beyoncé showing out more than anything. 

Tbh I'm not too worried cuz she'll deliver but still nothing else to talk about so...

this !!! FWT was a great balance between singing, dancers and choreo (she could’ve added a real live band tho). Just give me high energy dances, excellent visuals and good vocals (that’s the only thing we’ll never have to worry about) and i’m happy :WAP:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.