Beyoncé

Kisuke

I am getting a bit of anxiety thinking about the Renaissance tour. She has to squeeze in material from two new albums, her classics, plus material from The Gift. What classics do you want her to squeeze in? 

• Replies 111.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

25 minutes ago, yonsé said:

yep. all solo songs? and he only has like one verse on each one and the rest is instrumental?

sounds like he wanted to put some features on it but rushed it out to have the house album first...

100%

That's exactly what I thought when I listened to it last night. I don't think he made an album with the intention of outdoing Bey, but I think he thought he would get credit for a house resurgence and when he heard she was coming he was desperate to be first 

2 hours ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Wasn't there a study that stated that Beyonce fans are quite stupid on average? Well, maybe they had a point :deadbanana2:

Not me signing in only to see this in her own basé :deadbanana2:

2 minutes ago, flashback3301 said:

I am getting a bit of anxiety thinking about the Renaissance tour. She has to squeeze in material from two new albums, her classics, plus material from The Gift. What classics do you want her to squeeze in? 

Not Halo or Baby Boy :cm:

2 minutes ago, flashback3301 said:

She doesn't have to do anything - she's gonna do what flows and sounds best. If that means scrapping some of her biggest hits she'll do it.

7 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

She doesn't have to do anything - she's gonna do what flows and sounds best. If that means scrapping some of her biggest hits she'll do it.

this! just like Coachella took out all her (hit) ballads because it didn't fit.

13 minutes ago, flashback3301 said:

Beside that I feel Crazy In Love is a classic that will always stay, Baby Love has so much potential to match with The Gift songs like Water, Already etc. in a medley

My Power as interlude? Going into Run The World or a Power/Run The World medley?

It's hard to imagine without having heard the album or have a taste of it. She has such a rich discography at this  point. She will and can do whatever she wants

Edited by J-esper

Just now, Shelter said:

I hope the single is solo 

Same, ofc a feature with a hot artist would probably guarantee its success but idc I want a solo lead

assuming act I and II are both musical works, I can kinda also see Beyoncé not submitting "act i" for Grammys until "act ii" is out and she can sweep...but maybe she doesn't care? I duno I think she doesn't care but doesn't mind it either lol

Just now, chaeyonce said:

Same, ofc a feature with a hot artist would probably guarantee its success but idc I want a solo lead

Yeah but also if there is a strong collab on there, it will probably do better to have it as the 2nd single. 

2 minutes ago, J-esper said:

Beside that I feel Crazy In Love is a classic that will always stay, Baby Love has so much potential to match with The Gift songs like Water, Already etc. in a medley

My Power as interlude? Going into Run The World or a Power/Run The World medley?

It's hard to imagine without having heard the album or have a taste of it. She has such a rich discography at this  point

OH absolutely MY POWER will slay live with RTW !!!!!!!!!!!!

even if they kinda mashed them up, like MY POWER with some of the Major Lazer sample would be fun like she did with EOT and Grown Woman.

Edited by swissman

Considering how she's going about this era already I wonder if we'll be getting like a late night interview or something.

I don't see Carpool Karaoke, but there are rumors of a Vogue 73 Questions.

I feel like there are A LOT of surprised in store this era and all because we got a release date instead of the usual unexpected drop. This more traditional release will force her to be a little more open.

I haven't been this excited for a Beyoncé era since ST :jonnycat:

19 minutes ago, flashback3301 said:

Good question. Strictly speaking, I feel like the following Bey-classics are a shoe in: Crazy in Love, Formation, Single Ladies (a revamped version obviously), Partition, Naughty Girl, Love On Top maybe, Diva (revamped), Run The World

Newcomers/Returners: Blow possibly, Green Light possibly, Haunted, wildcard: Summertime, 6 Inch, Yes

15 minutes ago, BinhTran1997 said:

Not me signing in only to see this in her own basé :deadbanana2:

This obviously only applies to Twitter Hives :gaycat2:

Edited by *-ChriZ-*

21 minutes ago, flashback3301 said:

She can skip all her classics, maybe keep Crazy In Love, Single Ladies or Formation. 3-4 hits max :cm: Make the tour focus solely on the new material like most artists out there :cm: 

1 minute ago, Likingstars said:

She can skip all her classics, maybe keep Crazy In Love, Single Ladies or Formation. 3-4 hits max :cm: Make the tour focus solely on the new material like most artists out there :cm: 

No. That’s a good way to lose your fan base for the next tour. 

8 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Good question. Strictly speaking, I feel like the following Bey-classics are a shoe in: Crazy in Love, Formation, Single Ladies (a revamped version obviously), Partition, Naughty Girl, Love On Top maybe, Diva (revamped), Run The World

Newcomers/Returners: Blow possibly, Green Light possibly, Haunted, wildcard: Summertime, 6 Inch, Yes

This obviously only applies to Twitter Hives :gaycat2:

you don't think Baby Boy is a shoe in? If I'm not mistaken she's done it at every tour and even smaller or one-off concerts too, right?

Edited by swissman

Just now, Shelter said:

Madonna does it all the time :rip:

I'd rather her not get to some songs that do one of those terrible medley's, outside of Destiny's Child stuff.

There are artists with much bigger catalogues than Beyoncé tht manage to make it work.

We all know Check on It will be the one #1 hit she'll leave off the set list :cm:

As time goes by though Halo is becoming Beyoncé's most signature song. It's probably the biggest shoe in at this point outside of CIL and SL :rip:

4 minutes ago, swissman said:

you don't think Baby Boy is a shoe in? If I'm not mistaken she's done it at every tour and even smaller or one-off concerts too, right?

I cant fathom how it would fit the House-Country vibe of Renaissance.

16 minutes ago, Planet Mars said:

Considering how she's going about this era already I wonder if we'll be getting like a late night interview or something.

I don't see Carpool Karaoke, but there are rumors of a Vogue 73 Questions.

I feel like there are A LOT of surprised in store this era and all because we got a release date instead of the usual unexpected drop. This more traditional release will force her to be a little more open.

I haven't been this excited for a Beyoncé era since ST :jonnycat:

She did British Vogue - American Vogue does 73 Questions.

But I do think a lot is going to happen, because the Buzzfeed culture writer saying this rollout is gonna be historic to Yvette reposting that she's about to show people how to do an album rollout.

1 minute ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

I cant fathom how it would fit the House-Country vibe of Renaissance.

Don't all you have to do is add "(revamped)" next to it and it does? If Naughty Girl can be a shoe in (its closest cousin), so can Baby Boy. I just don't see her giving that song up for her tours. It's not a signature hit but it's def a GP fave.

8 minutes ago, Planet Mars said:

Madonna does it all the time :rip:

I'd rather her not get to some songs that do one of those terrible medley's, outside of Destiny's Child stuff.

There are artists with much bigger catalogues than Beyoncé tht manage to make it work.

Yeah and that’s why Beyoncé is better.

Madonna’s tours are just okay to me.  It’s more a theatrical show than a concert. She changes up all her old hits too. Just no 

7 minutes ago, Shelter said:

Most of the biggest touring artists out there do it and they are fine. She has 16 new songs to perform, that is almost enough to fill the setlist. If you wanna see her do Baby Boy, stream Homecoming :cm: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.