All-Time Hot 100: Female Rap/Hip-Hop Artists.

GoodGuyGoneGhetto

9 hours ago, Green said:

If they remove the pop songs then Doja would fall hard too :deadbanana:

so would... almost all of them?

Starships + Bang Bang + Side to Side + TUSA + Hey Mama + Turn Me On (and many more) for Nicki

Girls Like You + Please Me + Taki Taki + Rumors for Cardi

34+35 (Remix) + I Did It + Beautiful Mistakes for Megan

Lady Marmalade for Lil Kim

Every Iggy and Lizzo (besides Tempo) song ever

like.... be real

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GoodGuyGoneGhetto

• Stepfon

• umich

• JO BLACC

3 minutes ago, cityfolk said:

so would... almost all of them?

Starships + Bang Bang + Side to Side + TUSA + Hey Mama + Turn Me On (and many more) for Nicki

Girls Like You + Please Me + Taki Taki + Rumors for Cardi

34+35 (Remix) + I Did It + Beautiful Mistakes for Megan

Lady Marmalade for Lil Kim

Every Iggy and Lizzo (besides Tempo) song ever

like.... be real

Don’t forget I LIKE IT. I don’t know why Cardi fans keep acting like her biggest hits aren’t also pop. Pop just does better in general for everyone.

Pretty sure more than half of Cardi’s points come from Girls Like You and I Like It alone. Two songs that aren’t pure hip hop and very much pop.

9 hours ago, dangerousalex said:

Cardi coming for #1 :clap3:

Doja in the top 5 already :WAP:

Why is Megan so low :biblio:

Because her solo singles aren’t as big as her collabs, thus she’s not getting “full credit” when it comes to the point breakdown. She had to split points with Beyoncé (“Savage”), Cardi B (“WAP”), Ariana Grande/Doja Cat (“34+35”), and Nicki Minaj/Ty Dolla $ign (“Hot Girl Summer”). Her biggest solo hit is “Body” and that peaked at #12. She still needs time to build her points up.

4 hours ago, loveisdead9582 said:

Yes. Fancy was huge, but she hasn’t done much since. 

I never implied otherwise. Her numbers are very impressive especially since she’s still relatively early in her career. 

Not only was Fancy huge, but previous singles Change Your Life and Work got boost from Fancy's hype. Black Widow and Ariana's Problem were also big so they helped push her ahead too. I mean Megan already being up there just shows you only need one big single to impact a list like this.

Cardi is 5 years in. It just seems like you were undermining the years and work she's had to put in. If not -- moving on.  

17 hours ago, Raver said:

Again, this thread is about chart stats. You’re not even discussing anyone’s artistry in your initial post either. Just mad and telling everyone to stop being chart obsessed :toofunny3:

Yeah because Doja or Nicki have only ONE album. You’re the one that needs to grow up. Seriously, stay outta chart threads 

How convenient it is to focus on just one of the examples I gave, which happen to concern artists with only 1 album (P.S. - MTS also only has one album)

Mad? Again, grow up

It’s so impressive dat after only 2 years of charting my b!tch is at 4

• 1 year later...

Salt N Pepa at #5 . :clap3:they seem forgotten these days but were probably the first successful female Rap act when they debuted in the 80's.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.