• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TruGemini

• Yvess

• Thanatos

• Julia Fox

WHEW not my girl Zendaya up against queen Charlize in an iconic and Academy Award winning role :jonny5:her serial killer transformation was everything! 

proud-monster.gif 

Zendaya would've ate in the photoshoot round. Now I kinda regret not posting one.

Would it possible to submit in multiple categories for those who make it into the top 5 of the game :celestial5:

maybe we could limit those that can send in a category and make it first come, first served. having only two or three entries per category makes it unfair for the players and the judges who will be judging more. just my two cents.

1 hour ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

WHEW not my girl Zendaya up against queen Charlize in an iconic and Academy Award winning role :jonny5:her serial killer transformation was everything! 

proud-monster.gif 

Zendaya would've ate in the photoshoot round. Now I kinda regret not posting one.

Would it possible to submit in multiple categories for those who make it into the top 5 of the game :celestial5:

I was going a bit of a different route with the latter half of the game, but I'll definitely consider it!

39 minutes ago, touya kinomoto said:

maybe we could limit those that can send in a category and make it first come, first served. having only two or three entries per category makes it unfair for the players and the judges who will be judging more. just my two cents.

Well a part of the reason things might seem a bit lopsided in terms of category is because of how early in the game it is. Once advantages start being used and categories start getting harder, the scenarios will change significantly. 

A large part of this game is the risk/reward element of it. While there may be a category that has only two or three entries, your chances winning go way up, whereas entering into a more popular category, it's easy to get lost in translation. 

Once we get further along in the game, being in a two or three person category will become actually be beneficial. Especially during double eliminations.

All notes are being considered however and I'll definitely be tweaking the game a bit for S2!

Round 2

Statement Piece

Y V E S S

OXf6.gif

Blackpink @M a n o b a n

I really liked this! They are so pretty and really sold that youthful energy which is their brand...

I....I...I just can't make this decision..I just can't do this....

http://i.imgur.com/7zk8l.gif  

1L8Z.gif

Grace Jones @Samsom

A strong entry! I liked this, it is so iconic and really fits the statement piece round!

I....I...I just can't make this decision..I just can't do this...

Alfz.gif 

Overall Remark:

Two strong entries who doesn't deserve to go into elimination, my heart is breaking! I just can't do this!

Alg2.gif 

Good luck ladies xoxo

Edited by Yvess

Jordin-Sparks.v1.png

Speezy Reviews

Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry
I think I was watching the BTS of this and whew the effort she put in to get the upside down effects. It was iconic but IMO not her most iconic video for a statement piece. I know you said it was a tribute to the Manchester incident but I didn’t pick up on it .

Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah
 A lot of symbolism and statements. Yeah it is a statement piece but not the best out the bunch. It was more so a personal statement piece to her family. I would’ve liked it more if her wings were clipped or blackened  at the end of the video.

Beyonce - Single Ladies (Put A Ring on It)
Iconic video indeed. The choreo and hand movements alone is  still being done til this day

Mariah Carey - Honey
I  definitely see the statement piece . She is RUNNINGT , stripping and swimmingT away. Its very much identifiable without your description.

Kylie Minogue - Spinning Around
Hmm interesting that the gold shorts were deemed  iconic. The video looked fun and Im sure pant like those were highly acclaimed in the 2000’s

Dua Lipa - Physical
 Visually appealing I do love the anime cutscenes and the color scheme changes.

Madonna - American Life
The symbolism popped out. I do like the military fashion statement and bathroom breakdown connection.  Cause it seems like our soldiers are fine when they are on the front lines when they are sometimes suffering

Katy Perry - Fireworks
 Lyrically and Visually controversial. Very cohesive in terms of the statement pieces presented in the video. Everyone seems to be outkasted or going through something and found that “Spark” of motivation.

Charli XCX - Good Ones
Um I don’t seem to get a clear statement piece or something even iconic from this besides dancing on someones Casket barely dressed. Ms. Ma’am, the statement piece is not here. If Sex appeal is the statement piece then the others are serving that as well. The imagery is there but absolutely no connection.

Lady Gaga - Born This Way
The video that broke the internet . This video provided STATEMENT PIECE(S). One of my favorite hidden moments within the video is her and the guy with the skull tattoos. Meaning we all just bones when we die

Lana Del Rey - Born to Die
 Lana normally serves statement pieces and this video was coehesive with the lyrics to provide a good Statement piece The ending scene with her in the fire had me shook

Cardi B - WAP

I think this is one of the better statement pieces for sexy and provocative. This song and video was the talks for months. Also the choreo was also iconic. It had the school-boards shook

Azealia Banks - The Big Big Beat
 To me it seems like she is celebrating her freedom from  prison and showing off her dominance over the “system”

thank you speezy <3

edna-mode.gif

Charlize Theron as Aileen Wuornos  - Monster @beatinglikeadrum

I don’t think this scene really is a highlight of any sort. The two actresses really played well with each other, so for that, she’s a great team player.

Zendaya Coleman as Rue Bennett - Euphoria @99sandthe2000s

Jesus fucking christ, would the Emmys lie?

Hillary Duff as Lizzie Mcguire - Lizzie McGuire @PiecesOfYou

Girl, this is NOT good! You should have used the raindrop scene from a Cinderella Story. You’re using a FUCKING MONTAGE scene as your stand out? Girl, Hilary aint that good of an actress.

Este, Danielle, and Alana Haim as The Kanes - Licorice Pizza @Overprotected

Interesting submission, the shortest of the bunch too. I think for a fast pace monologue this really was great.

Overall: The top 2 and bottom 2 are CHEAR to see, but one of you really BOMBED.

12 hours ago, Speezy said:

Cause it seems like our soldiers are fine when they are on the front lines when they are sometimes suffering

Did you watch until the end :deadbanana2:

3 hours ago, CBC said:

Did you watch until the end :deadbanana2:

Chile with the grenande:rip: and the dude coming back to pick up. A leg . Yes

Not yes to soldiers picking up their own leg and being completely fine but yes to I watched it til the end including the part with the leg 

vr1VW9C.jpg

@Not Like The Movies @DevonRoars@Thanatos@Samsom@Noah@Opulent@Acetone@M a n o b a n@Overprotected@Psycho@Kylie Jenner@beatinglikeadrum@touya kinomoto@JDC@kipperskipper@Luckitty@99sandthe2000s@PiecesOfYou@wehavetostan@DAP

The judges have made their decisions. Let's begin. 

For the category of Music Video, @Speezyhas declared the winner as...

Spoiler

wWFFFKR.gif

Congratulations Lady Gaga! Your entry of expression led you to victory in this Statement Piece round, you have won safety and advantage in the game. Check your PM momentarily for more information. 

Unfortunately, there is no good without bad, the bottom two of the Music Video category are...

Spoiler

4w2yrjg.gif ZS1qfH0.gif

It seems your statement piece might've made the wrong impression of your judge.

Both of you are now eligible for elimination.

For the category of Photoshoot, @Yvesshas declared the winner as...

Spoiler

vWWXnv2.gif

Congratulations Grace! Your statement piece left your judge in awe. You have won safety for this round and have won an advantage in the game! Check your PM momentarily for more information.

Due to only having two entrants, there was only one other person eligible to go into the elimination pool, and that is...

Spoiler

ktSaQAL.gif

While your submission was strong, you ultimately could not overcome your opponent. 

You are now eligible for elimination.

Lastly, for the category of Acting, @dweebzhas declared the winner as...

Spoiler

LDiE3X0.gif

Good work Zendaya! You slayed your category and have secured yourself safety for the week and an advantage in the game! Check your PM momentarily for more information.

Last up for today, we have the losers of this round's Acting category, which are...

Spoiler

hAwOwms.gif6R3k4QC.gif

Charlize, Hillary, your acting performances were not up to your judges standards. 

You both are now up for elimination.

For Round Two, Statement Piece, the following are eligible for elimination:

• Kylie Minogue
  • Charli XCX
  • Blackpink
  • Charlize Theron
  • Hillary Duff
  • Britney Spears (penalty nom, +1 vote)
  • Angelina Jolie (penalty nom, +1 vote)

However, things are not set just yet. With advantages now in play, there is no knowing who will make it on to the elimination ballot. 

Advantage Holders, you have 24 Hours to decide whether you will or will not use your advantages. 

The Elimination will commence at 9:00PM EST, January 4th, 2022.

Edited by TruGemini

I  completely misunderstood the assignment, I thought I needed to show the potential of my artist without being related to a specific subject... Let's wait and see if I can survive this mistake

Charlize wasn’t bad, but Hilary’s was laughable. 

OMG I won something :loki:thank you Judge @dweebz she truly delivered in that scene! So glad you enjoyed it :hug:

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488642xztozh1dmqjm0mko  

9 minutes ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

OMG I won something :loki:thank you Judge @dweebz she truly delivered in that scene! So glad you enjoyed it :hug:

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488642xztozh1dmqjm0mko  

you ate that right tf up! congrats internet cousin <3 

1 minute ago, Not Like The Movies said:

you ate that right tf up! congrats internet cousin <3 

Thank you cousin :hug::heart::date:

thank-you-touched.gif 

Might be my first time winning something on here lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.