yvess' lack of taste best of ends - FINISHED

Yvess

0ceGZoO.gif

TOP MOVIES

AVL(-21).png See the source image The Map of Tiny Perfect Things

"The film tells the story of quick-witted teen Mark, contentedly living the same day in an endless loop whose world is turned upside-down when he meets mysterious Margaret also stuck in the time loop. Mark and Margaret form a magnetic partnership, setting out to find all the tiny things that make that one day perfect. What follows is a love story with a fantastical twist, as the two struggle to figure out how – and whether – to escape their never-ending day."

This movie is not from John Green but it feels like it. I love how fresh and fun this film is.

TMoTP brings us an endlessly enjoyable time loop story that’s make your heart warm so much!

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yvess

• Alldeezy

• TheWayWeWere

• Sunderland 4ever

0ceGZoO.gif

TOP MOVIES

AVL(-21).png See the source image The Map of Tiny Perfect Things

"The film tells the story of quick-witted teen Mark, contentedly living the same day in an endless loop whose world is turned upside-down when he meets mysterious Margaret also stuck in the time loop. Mark and Margaret form a magnetic partnership, setting out to find all the tiny things that make that one day perfect. What follows is a love story with a fantastical twist, as the two struggle to figure out how – and whether – to escape their never-ending day."

This movie is not from John Green but it feels like it. I love how fresh and fun this film is.

TMoTP brings us an endlessly enjoyable time loop story that’s make your heart warm so much!

Edited by Yvess

TOP MOVIES

640px-AVL(-20).png A-Quiet-Place-2.jpg?fit=1280,720&ssl=1 A Quiet Place: Part II

"Following the events at home, the Abbott family now face the terrors of the outside world. Forced to venture into the unknown, they realize that the creatures that hunt by sound are not the only threats that lurk beyond the sand path."

I must admit this pales in comparison to its predecessor but I still enjoyed this film more than the other horror flicks I've watched this year. 

Edited by Yvess

TOP MOVIES

640px-AVL(-19).png See the source image      Memoria  

"A Scottish orchid farmer visiting her ill sister in Bogota, Colombia, befriends a young musician and a French archaeologist in charge of monitoring a century-long construction project to tunnel through the Andes mountain range. Each night, she is bothered by increasingly loud bangs which prevent her from getting any sleep."

QUEEN TILDA SWINTON NEVER DISAPPOINTS!!!!!

TOP MOVIES

640px-AVL(-18).png See the source image      Cruella  

"In 1970s London amidst the punk rock revolution, a young grifter named Estella is determined to make a name for herself with her designs. She befriends a pair of young thieves who appreciate her appetite for mischief, and together they are able to build a life for themselves on the London streets. One day, Estella’s flair for fashion catches the eye of the Baroness von Hellman, a fashion legend who is devastatingly chic and terrifyingly haute. But their relationship sets in motion a course of events and revelations that will cause Estella to embrace her wicked side and become the raucous, fashionable and revenge-bent Cruella."

Loved the buildup to her character, Emma Stone is perfect for this role! Stanned her fire dress! 

TOP MOVIES

640px-AVL(-17).png See the source image      LUCA  

"Two young boys experience an unforgettable Italian summer filled with gelato, pasta and endless scooter rides. But all the fun is threatened by a deeply-held secret: they are sea monsters from another world just below the water’s surface."

You will never go wrong with a DISNEY+PIXAR film. A MASTERPIECE! A WONDERFUL FILM! THIS MOVIE BRINGS US AN UNFORGETTABLE TRIP!!!!

TOP MOVIES

imVK6lk.jpg See the source image Promising Young Woman  

"A young woman haunted by a tragedy in her past takes revenge on the predatory men unlucky enough to cross her path."

This film screams "FUVK THE PATRIARCHY" and I freaking love it!

TOP MOVIES

File:AVL(-15).png See the source image Shiva Baby  

"A college student attends a family shiva where she is accosted by her relatives, outshined by her ex-girlfriend, and face-to-face with her sugar daddy and his family."

If you want to be stressed in a good way, this film is for you. I WILL WATCH IT AGAIN THIS NEW YEAR'S EVE coz....why not? 

TOP MOVIES

180px-AVL(-14).png See the source image Night In Paradise  

"An assassin named Tae-goo is offered a chance to switch sides with his rival Bukseong gang, headed by Chairman Doh. Tae-goo rejects the offer that results in the murder of his sister and niece. In revenge, Tae-goo brutally kills Chairman Doh and his men and flees to Jeju Island where he meets Jae-yeon, a terminally ill woman. Though, the henchman of the Bukseong gang, Executive Ma is mercilessly hunting Tae-goo to take revenge."

Listed under SoKor's Great Gems list. I just love revenge films and this one is really fun to watch!

TOP MOVIES

File:AVL(-13).png See the source image A Classic Horror Story  

"Five carpoolers travel in a motorhome to reach a common destination. Night falls, and to avoid a dead animal carcass, they crash into a tree. When they come to their senses, they find themselves in the middle of nowhere. The road they were traveling on has disappeared and there is only a dense, impenetrable forest and a wooden house in the middle of a clearing, which they discover is the home of a spine-chilling cult."

It may look like the typical horror film out there but there's something in this film especially if you survived the 2nd act to be so rewarding and fun.

TOP MOVIES

180px-AVL(-12).png See the source image Fear Street 

"A circle of teenage friends accidentally encounter the ancient evil responsible for a series of brutal murders that have plagued their town for over 300 years. Welcome to Shadyside."

I am so surprised with how they explored with the lore and I just found myself bingewatching this horror trilogy, good job Netflix!

TOP MOVIES

180px-AVL(-11).png See the source image Wrong Turn  

"Jen and a group of friends set out to hike the Appalachian Trail. Despite warnings to stick to the trail, the hikers stray off course—and cross into land inhabited by The Foundation, a hidden community of mountain dwellers who use deadly means to protect their way of life."

I know how trashy the sequels of Wrong Turn but this retelling or maybe rebranding of Wrong Turn this year is actually well thought off. The ending is so bad-assssssss! Give this film a chance. :)

1 hour ago, Yvess said:

TOP MOVIES

640px-AVL(-19).png See the source image      Memoria  

"A Scottish orchid farmer visiting her ill sister in Bogota, Colombia, befriends a young musician and a French archaeologist in charge of monitoring a century-long construction project to tunnel through the Andes mountain range. Each night, she is bothered by increasingly loud bangs which prevent her from getting any sleep."

QUEEN TILDA SWINTON NEVER DISAPPOINTS!!!!!

1 hour ago, Yvess said:

TOP MOVIES

640px-AVL(-18).png See the source image      Cruella  

"In 1970s London amidst the punk rock revolution, a young grifter named Estella is determined to make a name for herself with her designs. She befriends a pair of young thieves who appreciate her appetite for mischief, and together they are able to build a life for themselves on the London streets. One day, Estella’s flair for fashion catches the eye of the Baroness von Hellman, a fashion legend who is devastatingly chic and terrifyingly haute. But their relationship sets in motion a course of events and revelations that will cause Estella to embrace her wicked side and become the raucous, fashionable and revenge-bent Cruella."

Loved the buildup to her character, Emma Stone is perfect for this role! Stanned her fire dress! 

1 hour ago, Yvess said:

TOP MOVIES

640px-AVL(-17).png See the source image      LUCA  

"Two young boys experience an unforgettable Italian summer filled with gelato, pasta and endless scooter rides. But all the fun is threatened by a deeply-held secret: they are sea monsters from another world just below the water’s surface."

You will never go wrong with a DISNEY+PIXAR film. A MASTERPIECE! A WONDERFUL FILM! THIS MOVIE BRINGS US AN UNFORGETTABLE TRIP!!!!

1 hour ago, Yvess said:

TOP MOVIES

File:AVL(-15).png See the source image Shiva Baby  

"A college student attends a family shiva where she is accosted by her relatives, outshined by her ex-girlfriend, and face-to-face with her sugar daddy and his family."

If you want to be stressed in a good way, this film is for you. I WILL WATCH IT AGAIN THIS NEW YEAR'S EVE coz....why not? 

Whew, these are on my list too! :date:

3 minutes ago, Reverse Warholian said:

Whew, these are on my list too! :date:

ooooh wow! instant besties i fear :foxaylove4:

Classic horror story looks good :dancehall:

23 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Classic horror story looks good :dancehall:

it is good! watch it without the eng dub :duca: 

TOP MOVIES

File:AVL(-10).png See the source image Free Guy

"A bank teller called Guy realizes he is a background character in an open world video game called Free City that will soon go offline."

Enjoyed this one myself and I like the storyline. Made me laugh bucket of times!

TOP MOVIES

180px-AVL(-09).png See the source image SHANG-CHI and the Legend of the Ten Rings

"Shang-Chi must confront the past he thought he left behind when he is drawn into the web of the mysterious Ten Rings organization"

You simply cannot outrun your destiny. I love this tagline for this movie. And this is a breath of fresh air to be honest from the MCU movies. ASIAN REPRESENTATIONNNNNNNNNNNN :gaycat4:

TOP MOVIES

File:AVL(-08).png See the source image          DUNE    

"Paul Atreides, a brilliant and gifted young man born into a great destiny beyond his understanding, must travel to the most dangerous planet in the universe to ensure the future of his family and his people. As malevolent forces explode into conflict over the planet’s exclusive supply of the most precious resource in existence-a commodity capable of unlocking humanity’s greatest potential-only those who can conquer their fear will survive."

The performances are great but Timothee really stood out!  Not gonna lie, the film feels long and might make you want to skip some parts but I just love the cinematic experience this movie gave me. Having said that, I'll be patiently waiting for Part 2.

Cruella :clap3:

TOP MOVIES

180px-AVL(-07).png See the source image  ETERNALS

"The Eternals are a team of ancient aliens who have been living on Earth in secret for thousands of years. When an unexpected tragedy forces them out of the shadows, they are forced to reunite against mankind’s most ancient enemy, the Deviants."

i don't care if the critics or MCU fans don't like this one but I love ETERNALS so much. Maybe because I'm an Angelina Jolie stan so I loved it even more. THENA SUPREMACY!

TOP MOVIES

180px-AVL(-06).png See the source image  Spider-Man: No Way Home

"Peter Parker is unmasked and no longer able to separate his normal life from the high-stakes of being a Super Hero. When he asks for help from Doctor Strange the stakes become even more dangerous, forcing him to discover what it truly means to be Spider-Man."

The best MCU film I've watched this year! May watch it again and again coz it has a big rewatch value. 

8 minutes ago, Sunderland 4ever said:

Cruella :clap3:

SHE ATE!!!!

COMING TOMORROW

rT6UOCF.gif

Too much Marvel for my liking. Stan Cruella tho :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.