luckystrike's Best of 2021 | DOUBLE UPDATE!! (pg. 7)

luckystrike

Stanning these graphics. Your honorable mentions... well at least some of them made it :weeps: 

Happier Than Ever :date:

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• luckystrike

• dreamofyou

• kiiwii

• Alex

the shade to bebe's album :mandown: i agree tho, it def is scattered with ideas, but there's a few bops! i don't think i listened to kacey's enough to enjoy any of the songs a lot tho nnn. 

personal cathedrals :clap3:

iDCnQra.png

rwsSzzd.png

Taylor Swift - Fearless (Taylor's Version)

I was originally not a big fan of the original version of Fearless but when this came out I instantly fell in love with some of the deluxe songs that I had never heard and most of the songs from the Vault, even though some of them feel more folklore'd. Contrary to popular belief, I dont mind the new production in any of the songs, I think once you get used to it you just forget the old versions, at least for me.

Trinity: Untouchable (Taylor's Version), Come In With the Rain (Taylor's Version), Mr. Perfectly Fine (Taylor's Version) (From The Vault)

Least favorite: The Best Day (Taylor's Version)

u8bBy4E.png

Hayley Williams - FLOWERS for VASES / descansos

Hayley had one of my favorite albums last year with Petals for Armor, and this year she definitely didn't disappoint. This was my favorite album of the year at some point but since it came out so early, it lost some steam. It's still a very good album to me with only a few filler songs, and definitely a side of Hayley that we didn't know. 

Trinity: My Limb, Over Those Hills, No Use I Just Do

Least favorite: Wait On

g5rCHfa.png

f2RZT7M.png

Foxes - Friends In the Corner

Knowing the quality Louisa is used to deliver, this EP fell a little flat to me, the visuals are absolutely gorgeous and I wish she had save them for her album next year but well. Of course it has some amazing songs and overall I think they make up for all the boring moments in the EP.

Favorites: Friends In the Corner, Love Not Loving You

Least favorite: Woman

7uU6Knu.png

#45 - #41

UmeK8Bb.png

q0grkxH.png?1

q9obJfR.png

Cb2IRCG.png

I4S0wzH.png

#45. Kacey Musgraves - "star-crossed"

#44. Jorja Smith - "Burn"

#43. Saweetie - "Best Friend (feat. Doja Cat)"

#42. Olivia Rodrigo - "happier"

#41- Taylor Swift - "willow"

thx for the comments pt 1 <3

Spoiler
21 hours ago, Hug said:

Idk why I'm surprised to see Magic Still Exists in HMs. I listened to that album because of you, fun fact!

Luv star-crossed! It's personally my favorite album of hers. Don't think I agree with breadwinner trinity but we all have our opinions. :!ohno:

tolerate it kinda one of the best songs on evermore. the hoax of the album for sure for sure. :jimin:

I kinda didn't listen to Magic Still Exists a lot for it to make my list :chick3:

21 hours ago, Sanguine said:

Not Better Mistakes growing on you... at least Death Row is in highlights

All of the songs are good though. Especially X, she ended Lana's career with that :jonny:

Lana is blacklisted on luckyfork please dont say her name!

20 hours ago, dreamofyou said:

better mistakes is definitely a grower, but i agree, it seems so lackluster

i get what you mean with star-crossed those first 5 tracks are superb

tolerate it, that kind of woman & happier than ever:clap3:

truly a grower!!

20 hours ago, Tom Vercetti said:

I still need to check out the moonlight edition, but that kind of woman is solid. 

yeppp a boppp

20 hours ago, JGibson said:

Happier Than Ever:heart2:

<3

20 hours ago, hofork said:

now not bebe making it but clairNO didn't... Sacrifice and Death Row both bops though yes

Kacey cute album! I liked it too but also... this is a good spot for it I think

LZcxNvU.png

hofork in shambles after luckyfork's publication

20 hours ago, diogozsz said:

tolerate it should be #1 but wtv!!!!! star-crossed was an amazing album indeed. I wish people gave it more listens because it was a huge grower for me.

truly! it definitely grew

20 hours ago, Sempiternal said:

Aly & Aj & Dua for singles.:heart:

Bebe rexha <3 I loved all her singles this year I really should give her album a listen at some point.

you should! its not her best work but some songs are worth it

19 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

Good star-crossed top picks! It's a good album, totally understand people who were disappointed with it tho.

Personal Cathedrals & Happier Than Ever :clap3:

the title track is sooo stunning to me

13 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

star-crossed was a bit disappointing for me, I guess I expected more after GH

Personal Cathedrals is my instant favorite from A Touch of the Beat :jonny2:

Happier Than Ever :smitten: 

taste :jonny:

11 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

tolerate it and happier than ever :clap3:

magic still exists was indeed v cute :clap3:

:clap3:

7 hours ago, Lazuli said:

i still feel that way :(

x, tolerate it, happier than ever ahhh :clap3: 

6 hours ago, Hikari said:

Well it's true but I guess Golden Hour was just too much for her to even match. I still like star-crossed (the song) and justified tho

I like all the songs in the songs list, X is definitely a career highlight for Chungha and Aly & AJ never failed to deliver. I like HTE (the song) tho I do find it overrated at times.

yeah I also think HTE gets a bit overrated but its great

6 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

Never reached the stage of Better Mistakes growing on me, but good for you!

Sad to see star-crossed still getting little panning a bit kii, I love it af

Song choices are excellent :clap3:

dddd it was mainly thanks to some songs :eli:

4 hours ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

star-crossed yes :jonny5: yeah, i agree even though it's it is a step from her previous albums but she still make it work

Also i'm happy that Bebe's making the cut. It's a big no from me but i'm happy for her nnn

Yeah, 1-2-3-4-5 punch on the single list so far especially Aly & AJ :jonny5: their comeback to the music is so underrated and they deserves more!

the Bebe lashings :bibliahh: poor sis

3 hours ago, Sunderland 4ever said:

star-crossed and Happier Than Ever. :katie2:

pt 2

Spoiler
2 hours ago, Dessy said:

Stanning these graphics. Your honorable mentions... well at least some of them made it :weeps: 

Happier Than Ever :date:

thank u king <3

2 hours ago, dangerousalex said:

Tate Mcrae :clap3:

Happier Than Ever :clap3:

yas tate praise :clap3:

39 minutes ago, kiiwii said:

the shade to bebe's album :mandown: i agree tho, it def is scattered with ideas, but there's a few bops! i don't think i listened to kacey's enough to enjoy any of the songs a lot tho nnn. 

personal cathedrals :clap3:

ddd yeah some songs make up for the awful ones tbh

star-crossed title track so excellent, willow pretty amazing too :alexz3:

Friends in the Corner is pretty flat and boring yeah, it's clearly a collection of songs from the original scrapped F3 she just decided to put out before leaving the project in the past. I loved Petals for Armor too, but sadly Flowers for Vases doesn't do much for me. My Limba and Just a Lover were really good tho

I never cared about Fearless original, so TV was such a discovery for me :jonny: 
Foxes :eek: looking forward for The Kick tho, since I don't really liked FITC

Best Friend and Willow :jamming:

Taylor, Halsey & foxes :katie2:

Star Crossed was a weird single but its such a good opener :jonny5:hate Best Friend tho!!!

Friends In The Corner was fine but her album will wash :fan: the rerecording made me like Fearless more :celestial4:

HTE is wayyy too low on the song list :weeps: love the A&A, Taylor and Chungha songs :clap3:

Well you already know how I feel about Miss Williams :fan: Fearless is good though!

Willow :heart2: definitely a highlight on Evermore. Best Friend saved McDonalds in the pandemic economy 

Red TV kinda ate Fearless TV so I didn't really listen to it much!

I was so happy and excited when star-crossed (the song) was released and it made me look forward to the album (despite some of the critics panning it even tho they were right in the end). 

Well at least someone appreciates happier here!

willow aged really well, it's better than cardigan now x

Fearless is always very close to my heart and hearing her new vocals in the re-recording feels very earworm and giving new perspective of current Taylor . Kinda like a track like "Fifteen" that feels like she sang from a prespective of older sister who's giving advice to her younger sister 

But Red (TV) fault tracks are much superior than Fearless (TV) oop :mandown:

friends in the corner was cute, but i can see why it fell flat. def some duds on there, but i enjoyed your faves on it too

star-crossed is a nice opening track tbh!

Fearless TV is actually a great remake, I really liked it! :alexz: willow also making it into the top 50 :gaycat1:

fearless TV at #13 i see u :eli: stan come in with the rain tho!

flowers for vases :clap3: not as great as petals for armor but its really good for what it is

star-crossed, willow, best friend, happier :alexz: 

18 hours ago, luckystrike said:

#45. Kacey Musgraves - "star-crossed"

#42. Olivia Rodrigo - "happier"

#41- Taylor Swift - "willow"

The three songs I like having their names starting with a low-case letter. :dies:

star-crossed floored me on first listen. Absolutely stunning. 100% deserves mention. :clap3:Also think willow is one of Taylor's best leads, if not the most...irrelevant? Like all Taylor leads are events ofc, but I think compared to her others it's just there.

Better Mistakes was a great album overall, BMHM is actually one of my faves :mandown:

star-crossed also an incredible album, it might not feel special as GH but it's good.

Fearless TV and Friends in the Corner were cute.

star crossed, happier and willow are pretty :smitten:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.