Mr. Blue_Shirt's Best of 2021 | FINISHED!

Mr. Blue_Shirt

YAAAAS the Basement Jaxx mention, my faves. The fact they worked with SHYGIRL and lovely Kylie Minogue recently this year. Maybe it's time for them to come out of "retirement."

Thot Shit is just a massive banger too.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Blue_Shirt

• Tinashegrande6

• Legend E

• dreamofyou

I am not a woman, I'm a God :heart2:

15 hours ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

I think we all need to start having the converstion about alt-pop girls should work with Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross for their upcoming projects

PERIOD

IU :clap3: the album is okay but some of the songs are great

oh my girl... i bop to dun dun dance but i always need to have the volume at 60% :mandown: 

i must apologise and i am not a woman :clap3: 

I think we have the same top 3 from LILAC, again  :katie2: Dreamcatcher a bit too odd for me still, but they sure are interesting!

Songs choices all GREAT

Wait YAS Dystopia : Road to Utopia getting a shoutout EXACTLY. A very solid release absolutely. :clap3: 

Thot Shit's a cute girl

2010 is the first Earl track in a while that I really enjoyed!

I'm gonna go and give Ms. Pantheress another spin cuz chile :celestial5:

Dreamcatcher's mini was cute but I'm not as into them anymore :giraffe: IU album was pretty good!

Thot Shit, Siren and ianawiag :jonny5: all excellent songs

Weki Meki took Iz*one's sound and made it better :jonny5:happy to see Madison, Sunmi and StayC there :heart:

Up is such a banger, deserved to be higher :WAP:

pinkpantheress and halsey :clap3:

Spoiler
On 12/17/2021 at 11:52 PM, Lee!! said:

I must apologise  :clap3:

On 12/18/2021 at 12:03 AM, worldwide angel said:

i must apologise, thot shit and SIREN :clap3:

On 12/18/2021 at 2:36 AM, Sunderland 4ever said:

The whole mixtape was awesome, to be honest. :worship2:

On 12/18/2021 at 4:02 AM, dangerousalex said:

I must apologise and Thot shit :clap3:

TASTE we love IMA supermacy in this house :clap3:

On 12/18/2021 at 12:09 AM, dreamofyou said:

halsey:clap3:

On 12/18/2021 at 1:52 AM, TheWayWeWere said:

I am not a woman slaps HARD :jonny2:

23 hours ago, Legend E said:

I am not a woman, I'm a god - stunning :jonny:

18 hours ago, JGibson said:

I am not a woman, I'm a God :heart2:

1 hour ago, Insanity said:

pinkpantheress and halsey :clap3:

Halsey understood the assignment this time wow :clap3:

On 12/18/2021 at 4:13 AM, Tinashegrande6 said:

Thot Shit really grew on me, I wasn't feeling the hook at first but now....HANDS ON MY KNEES!

I must apologise is my fave from her EP/Mixtape (?) :clap3:

The fact that i love the song even more after i've seen so many people dragging mainly white people who didn't do the dance that Megan already gave the instruction on the chrus like :ahh:

On 12/18/2021 at 6:18 AM, kiiwii said:

thot shit :sats:  it's such a fun song

i must apologize is good too :clap3:

21 hours ago, luckystrike said:

Thot Shit :WAP:

:WAP::WAP::WAP:

20 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

YAAAAS the Basement Jaxx mention, my faves. The fact they worked with SHYGIRL and lovely Kylie Minogue recently this year. Maybe it's time for them to come out of "retirement."

Thot Shit is just a massive banger too.

Honestly i'm shoked because BJ is one of my favorite electronic duo :jonny5: I'm thirsty for their new album like kings better released new material ASAP!

15 hours ago, theblackestday said:

PERIOD

Jack Antonoff needs to retire until the second half of the decade. I'm tired of his ass :dies:

13 hours ago, Lazuli said:

IU :clap3: the album is okay but some of the songs are great

oh my girl... i bop to dun dun dance but i always need to have the volume at 60% :mandown: 

i must apologise and i am not a woman :clap3: 

SCREAM!! 

But i agree though sometimes they can be loud as hell for no damn reason like sis chill :dies:

11 hours ago, Chamoy said:

PinkPantheress is the moment and the future. :clap3:

This is just the beginning for her. The other MPGs better be READY! :clap3:

11 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

I think we have the same top 3 from LILAC, again  :katie2: Dreamcatcher a bit too odd for me still, but they sure are interesting!

Songs choices all GREAT

I mean we both always serving taste like usual no suprise :clap3:

2 hours ago, Hug said:

Wait YAS Dystopia : Road to Utopia getting a shoutout EXACTLY. A very solid release absolutely. :clap3: 

They always eat it up like it's their last meal. No other choice but to stan these legends :clap3:

1 hour ago, Pink Matter said:

Thot Shit's a cute girl

2010 is the first Earl track in a while that I really enjoyed!

I'm gonna go and give Ms. Pantheress another spin cuz chile :celestial5:

Me too. I feel like this is the first Earl's song that i genuinely like. Also the other single 'Tabula Rasa' is also super good too :jonny5: Now i get his appeal nn

1 hour ago, K$Ellie said:

Dreamcatcher's mini was cute but I'm not as into them anymore :giraffe: IU album was pretty good!

Thot Shit, Siren and ianawiag :jonny5: all excellent songs

Weki Meki took Iz*one's sound and made it better :jonny5:happy to see Madison, Sunmi and StayC there :heart:

Up is such a banger, deserved to be higher :WAP:

Weki Meki picked up what's left from IZ and make it their own it's definitely iconic :clap3: I have no choice but to stan!

qvBEes7.png 

X71W6tL.png

75. One-reeler / Act IV - IZ*ONE

iz_one-one-reeler-act-iv-Cover-Art.jpg

(December 7, 2020)

Is this... one of the best disbandment k-pop album of all time? Not really because GFriend still take the cake. But i haven't pay attention to any groups final album before disband so take it as granded lol

In a span of almost 3 years of their activity as a group, i never really pay attention to their music but i still check out their albums every now and then to see what's up and they had bops even though they are not acclaimed. But this album peak my interest and possibly their best project

Panorama for the most part is an upgrade version of their previous title track like Fiesta & Violeta with great thick synths which is fun to listen to. their sound evolved so much from their first mini album and went out with a BANG

Top 3: Panorama, Sequence & Mise-en-scène

74. Happen - Heize

heize-happen-Cover-Art.jpg

(May 20, 2021)

I've been a casual fan of HEIZE since her huge success of /// (You, Clouds, Rain) era and for me this is one of my favorite album of hers, probably in the top 3 on her discography for sure

There's something cool and calming vibes from this album that has me addicted to listen again and again especially on this winter time. And also her singing here is realy good and is probably her best vocal performance compare to her previous albums. Overall a solid album from front to back, the title track especially is well produced and the delivery of the vocals is fantastic

Top 3: HAPPEN, Why & Hi, Hello?

73. Flu Game - AJ Tracey

aj-tracey-flu-game-Cover-Art.jpg

(April 16, 2021)

Not me having this quirky feeling and listening to UK rap/hip-hop music for no reason at all :dies: I know about AJ Tracey from his collab song with Mabel, which is a good UK garage type of song and his song 'Dinner Guest' peaked at top 5 when i checked out the UK singles chart at that time

First half is really bland ngl but then the album picks up a little in the second half. But to be honest The songs with electronic samples are when he's at his best imo and i wish that he made a full album just like that, because it would be so much better.

Top 3: West Ten, Dinner Guest & Coupé

72. Dawn of Chromatica - Lady Gaga

lady-gaga-dawn-of-chromatica-Cover-Art.jpg

(September 3, 2021)

I'm sorry but i can't believe i actually stan Chromatica era because of the remix. Shygirl and the hyperpop gays really did understand the assignment where Gaga failed to do so on the original album lol

This is some avant-garde chaotic mess that i though it would sound like in the original album (Rest In Power SOPHIE) but instead we got 90's Rupaul dance-pop homage album that i don't know if that should be considered as a compliment or not. On paper, remix producers completely transforms the songs sonically + structurally from the OG album can be sound really messy as hell but wow they actually make most of the songs even better than i thought like, Sour Candy turn into a sexy & mysterious masterpiece

Overall this is THE Chromatica album that her fans and people in general deserve. Sure it definitely would have less commercial appeal. But honestly after being in the music industry more than a decade and being talked about on most of her career, Gaga has to takes more risks because she has nothing to lose at this point

Top 3: Free Woman (Rina Sawayama & Clarence Clarity Remix), Babylon (Bree Runway & Jimmy Edgar Remix) & 11 (Charli XCX & AG Cook Remix)

71. Rebecca Black Was Here - Rebecca Black

rebecca-black-rebecca-black-was-here-Cover-Art.jpg

(June 16, 2021)

What kind of impressive career going from ultimate panned song 'Friday' to this. I'm so proud of her honestly. This is a major step forward for her music career and i'll take an album full of this same kind of sounds in the heartbeat for sure

This mini album combines the sound of those early 2010s singles with her new home of hyperpop, completely reimagining who and what Rebecca Black is, which is impressive in my eyes. But this doesn't exactly push them to the more "in your face" type of hyperpop or PC music in general since the second half of the EP are just straight up pop songs but i'm fine with it

Top 3: Girlfriend, Better in My Memory & Worth It for the Feeling

kEio1ka.png 

X71W6tL.png

75. WE GO - fromis_9

%ED%94%84%EB%A1%9C%EB%AF%B8%EC%8A%A4%EB%82%98%EC%9D%B8-fromis_9-9-way-ticket-Cover-Art.jpg

(May 17, 2021)

from the single album 9 Way Ticket

We love Old Navy Commercial "Back to School" (2021) jingle :clap3:

74. UNNATURAL - WJSN

%EC%9A%B0%EC%A3%BC%EC%86%8C%EB%85%80-wjsn-unnatural-Cover-Art.jpg

(March 31, 2021)

from the EP UNNATURAL

Now girls this is how you do "Gatekeep, gaslight, girlboss" concept done right! :clap3:

Please take notes and don't do the excact opposite if you want to have "mature" concept for the next comeback, okay?

73. Linda - Tokischa & ROSALÍA

tokischa-and-rosalia-linda-Cover-Art.png

(September 1, 2021)

This song is waaaaay too much fun. Pretty girls music is kinda dominating 2021, isn't it?

72. Worth It for the Feeling - Rebecca Black

rebecca-black-worth-it-for-the-feeling-Cover-Art.jpg

(May 21, 2021)

from the EP Rebecca Black Was Here

2021 is definitly a year of Rebecca Black revival and releasing quality music (Friday remix didn't count). This era she really stepping up her visual and i'm here for it. That hook has been stuck in my head for weeks and i don't think it's going to leave for a while

71. Girlfriend - Rebecca Black

rebecca-black-girlfriend-Cover-Art.jpg

(January 29, 2021)

from the EP Rebecca Black Was Here

Another Rebecca entries for this list :clap3:

She's channeling Katy's Teenage Dream era (kinda funny to think that she was starring in Last Friday Night MV) and Carly Rae Jepsen vibes and i love it

Dawn of Chromatica was probably the most I've enjoyed a Gaga album in a long time :heart2: I hope she takes at least a few things from that remix album onto her next one, it was such a fun release.

Tokischa and Rosalia :jonny5:

I liked Dawn Of Chromatica when it first came out but haven’t gone back to it in months nnn

In terms of your song picks: I recent got into Weekend by TAEYEON and it slaps :jonny: Brutal & Cold Heart :clap3:

Edited by TalkThatRihanna

Ianaw,iag is one of my least favorites from her album actually :mandown: Can't connect with how much people love it. Thot Shit :sats: The first Megan song I've really cared for, your description is exactly how I feel. || Dawn of Chromatica was definitely better than expected! Free Woman is a major standout absolutely

HALSEEEEEYYYYYY!!!!!! :alexz:

Gaga :clap3:

OMG at the Rebecca Black stanning. It's been literally 10 years since Friday. :skull: Kinda shocked at how far she has grown career-wise, definitely.

AJ Tracey is definitely unexpected :dies: He actually does have bops every now and then. I definitely was put off by the first few tracks on the album so maybe I should revisit.

Dawn of Chromatica :jonny5: truly an amazing remix album, I rarely liked them, but this one did such a good of reimagining already known songs

DIZ*BAND :clap3: thank god for panorama cuz if their final single was smth on the level of SSOTS or even fiesta they would've been a joke

you gotta point for chromatica remix, the original album should've experimented a little more instead of just staying in the 90s house sounds

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.