Mr. Blue_Shirt's Best of 2021 | FINISHED!

Mr. Blue_Shirt

oh wow big rebecca black fan, maybe i'll check out her new work

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Blue_Shirt

• Tinashegrande6

• Legend E

• TheWayWeWere

• ATRL Moderator

dawn of chromatica/ rebecca black's ep are pretty good. linda is a bop 

6 hours ago, MP2K said:

I didn't know London Grammar released :rip:

Same. I'm not familiar with many here, but seeing Rebecca Black in so many lists makes me actually want to check her 2021 stuff. :rip:

OH you already know I STAN these :WAP:

Feel bad for snubbing IZONE post disbandment, but idk I felt like Panorama came out ages ago and just forgot. Let them rest in peace

NOW ITS TIME FOR IVE :WAP:

Kinda agree with your writeup on Chromatica/Dawn of Chromatica (even tho I still like the original album) but the SHADE :bibliahh:

Glad to see you giving Rebecca some love :clap:No Personal being at the top of your list tho, for shame!

that Chromatica drag omg :ahh: but it's cute that you at least have something to enjoy from Ms Ga :fan:and a lot of albums to discover :jonny5:

On 12/19/2021 at 8:43 AM, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

71. Girlfriend - Rebecca Black

rebecca-black-girlfriend-Cover-Art.jpg

HERE FOR THIS :heart2: 

Your description of Rebecca Black might actually get me to listen to some of her new music. I kinda thought it was gonna all be hyperpop, but maybe not...? I've never been against liking a Rebecca Black track, I was spinning Person of Interest and all! ...I've just always been against Hyperpop :(

On 12/19/2021 at 10:18 AM, TRF. said:

Dawn of Chromatica was probably the most I've enjoyed a Gaga album in a long time :heart2: I hope she takes at least a few things from that remix album onto her next one, it was such a fun release.

Tokischa and Rosalia :jonny5:

Honestly, it took her about a year for her to understand that the remix represent the actually album would sounds like. Better late than never :clap3:

On 12/19/2021 at 10:19 AM, TalkThatRihanna said:

I liked Dawn Of Chromatica when it first came out but haven’t gone back to it in months nnn

In terms of your song picks: I recent got into Weekend by TAEYEON and it slaps :jonny: Brutal & Cold Heart :clap3:

TAEYEON released Weekend for the gays and she understood the assignment by blatantly copied Doja's most pop sounding songs :clap3:

On 12/19/2021 at 10:39 AM, Remmy said:

Ianaw,iag is one of my least favorites from her album actually :mandown: Can't connect with how much people love it. Thot Shit :sats: The first Megan song I've really cared for, your description is exactly how I feel. || Dawn of Chromatica was definitely better than expected! Free Woman is a major standout absolutely

On 12/19/2021 at 11:02 AM, Yvess said:

HALSEEEEEYYYYYY!!!!!! :alexz:

I feel like Trent & Atticus carried the album so much that sometimes i don't even see the flaws on it nnn and also Halsey really ate every songs on it :clap3:

On 12/19/2021 at 1:43 PM, Sempiternal said:

Gaga :clap3:

On 12/19/2021 at 5:33 PM, dreamofyou said:

the dawn of chromatica standouts being the only good songs on it:clap3:

On 12/19/2021 at 5:45 PM, TheWayWeWere said:

Dawn of Chromatica :jonny5: truly an amazing remix album, I rarely liked them, but this one did such a good of reimagining already known songs

On 12/20/2021 at 1:28 AM, Tsareena said:

dawn of chromatica/ rebecca black's ep are pretty good. linda is a bop 

Truly the Chromatica era WE ALL deserves :jonny5: Imagine the visuals omg

On 12/19/2021 at 4:19 PM, D/X said:

OMG at the Rebecca Black stanning. It's been literally 10 years since Friday. :skull: Kinda shocked at how far she has grown career-wise, definitely.

On 12/20/2021 at 12:59 AM, KasioKas said:

oh wow big rebecca black fan, maybe i'll check out her new work

On 12/20/2021 at 2:40 AM, Sunderland 4ever said:

Same. I'm not familiar with many here, but seeing Rebecca Black in so many lists makes me actually want to check her 2021 stuff. :rip:

YES  :clap3: I'm so glad that she actually has a passion for music and not just some teenage girl who want to record some music so her rich parents can pay a producer to create a song for her. Her evaluation of her music for her past decade is amazing to see

On 12/19/2021 at 4:34 PM, Tinashegrande6 said:

AJ Tracey is definitely unexpected :dies: He actually does have bops every now and then. I definitely was put off by the first few tracks on the album so maybe I should revisit.

West Ten and Dinner Guests are ultimate bops so that's why i listen to this album in the first place i- :deadbanana4:

I guess i have to say thank you to Mabel on this one nnn

On 12/19/2021 at 8:09 PM, MP2K said:

I didn't know London Grammar released :rip:

I feel like most people didn't know about it :deadbanana4: I have to say thank you for 'How Does It Feels?' tbh

On 12/19/2021 at 8:48 PM, Lazuli said:

DIZ*BAND :clap3: thank god for panorama cuz if their final single was smth on the level of SSOTS or even fiesta they would've been a joke

you gotta point for chromatica remix, the original album should've experimented a little more instead of just staying in the 90s house sounds

Even D-D-Dance is excellent too :clap3: The way Mnet and Starships finally get it on final days as the group is a kii not gonna lie ddd

On 12/20/2021 at 2:57 AM, BlackoutZone said:

OH you already know I STAN these :WAP:

Feel bad for snubbing IZONE post disbandment, but idk I felt like Panorama came out ages ago and just forgot. Let them rest in peace

NOW ITS TIME FOR IVE :WAP:

Right? now since IZ*ONE is finally done, now other upcoming 4th gen GG better carry the torch with these "elegent" concept that APink originally created (and they probably wouldn't comeback for while. Thank i hate it!)

On 12/20/2021 at 3:41 AM, kiiwii said:

Rebecca's EP :clap3:worth it for the feeling + girlfriend are def highlights from it 

On 12/20/2021 at 5:19 AM, Legend E said:

Nice to see the Rebecca love :heart:

Rebecca stanning is always a welcome :jonny5: A full album here we go!

23 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

Kinda agree with your writeup on Chromatica/Dawn of Chromatica (even tho I still like the original album) but the SHADE :bibliahh:

Glad to see you giving Rebecca some love :clap:No Personal being at the top of your list tho, for shame!

17 hours ago, OreGuy said:

that Chromatica drag omg :ahh: but it's cute that you at least have something to enjoy from Ms Ga :fan:and a lot of albums to discover :jonny5:

Gotta give miss Germanotta some flowers here since she actually give us the gays what we want other than Rain On Me :jonny5:

5 hours ago, Hug said:

Your description of Rebecca Black might actually get me to listen to some of her new music. I kinda thought it was gonna all be hyperpop, but maybe not...? I've never been against liking a Rebecca Black track, I was spinning Person of Interest and all! ...I've just always been against Hyperpop :(

I feel like she kinda teasing with hyperpop on the first half of the EP but then she went all out on Friday (Remix), which is not a good one actually :deadbanana4:

But other than that, is more about early 2010's pop songs that i actually love. It's definitely an upgrade for me lol

qvBEes7.png 

iPckWlG.png

70. Sob Rock - John Mayer

john-mayer-sob-rock-Cover-Art.jpg

(July 16, 2021)

Not John Mayer doing the "sad white boy with a guitar" stick better than Shawn Mendes in recent years. If i were Shawn i would be embarrased lol

With a homage of 80's Main Pop Boys album cover, the album itself it's really intriguing for me especially with these smooth 80’s influenced soft rock sounds. I mean it's kinda of obvious that he took inspiration from artists Don Henley or Dire Straits back when they ere on their peak at the time but he blends it all into his signature style of music and songwriting and it works so well

Top 3: New Light, I Guess I Just Feel Like & Last Train Home

Spotify // Apple Music // Youtube

69. Life Is a Bi... BIBI

%EB%B9%84%EB%B9%84-bibi-%EC%9D%B8%EC%83%9D%EC%9D%80-%EB%82%98%EC%81%9Cx-life-is-a-bi-Cover-Art.jpg

(April 28, 2021)

I don't have anything to say but i love that she kept her signiture sound on this EP :clap3:

Top 3: BAD SAD AND MAD, Life is a Bi... & PIRI the dog

68. Man on the Moon III: The Chosen - Kid Cudi

kid-cudi-man-on-the-moon-iii-the-chosen-Cover-Art.jpg

(December 11, 2020)

Kid Cudi came back with the part 3  of 'Man on the Moon" series after a decade of MOTM part 2 was released

This is maybe the worst from trilogy so far if i'm being honest. And after multiple listen, this third installment still didn't do much for me but I did think it had some genuinely great moments. But i feel like i had high expectation for this since the first two MOTM series are my favorites that's why i expected a little more but in the end of the day it still a solid decent album. probably in the next few years, this has potential for me

Top 3: She Knows This, Lord I Know & The Void

67. The Chaos Chapter: Fight or Escape (Re-release version of The Chaos Chapter: Freeze) - TXT

tomorrow-x-together-the-chaos-chapter-fight-or-escape-Cover-Art.jpg

(August 17, 2021)

I choose the re-release because it's basically a complete album for me

TXT comeback with a strong project this year, it's a pretty eclectic album, varying between pop, EDM, hip-hop and rock, with each one of the portrayal of these genres bringing the best of the group's qualities upfront and showcasing their colorful emotions with a lot of impact and good music

Top 3: No Rules, LO$ER=LO♡ER & Anti-Romantic

66. Flux - Poppy

poppy-flux-Cover-Art.jpg

(September 24, 2021)

Poppy is back with another album that firmly places her in the alternative world. It is a pretty good effort, oftentimes very good. There's nothing too revolutionary here of course but the songs are sturdy and very enjoyable. Also her aesthetic and sound are interesting enough that this album does feel more sincere than anything she's done up to this point

Also i want to give a shout out to her EP 'Eat (NXT Soundtrack)' because that is the best project she's ever released so far but i forgot about this album until a few days ago lmao.

Top 3: Lessen the Damage, Never Find My Place & Her

J5JCRja.png 

65. Favorite (Re-release version of Sticker) - NCT 127

nct-127-favorite-Cover-Art.jpg

(September 17, 2021)

Just like TXT, i choose the re-release of NCT 127 album 'Sticker' because it's basically a full album . This album sounds like a bit of a deconstructed version of 127's sound altogether, basically the peak of their "noise music" i fear.

Favorite (Vampire) is basically a straight pop song with annoying ass rap for some reason and Sticker (song) is some avant-garde song that so jarring at times i ended up enjoying it after 30+ listen. this is some stockholm syndrome shit right here. Most of the b-sides are SM boygroups pop songs that i enjoy, and some of the songs kinda remind me of b-sides from their 2017's Cherry Bomb. I feel like the first 7 songs on this would make a really great mini album actually

Top 3: Lemonade, Love on the Floor & Focus

64. Texis - Sleigh Bells

sleigh-bells-texis-Cover-Art.jpg

(September 10, 2021)

Their debut album 'Treas' is always have a place in my heart because it was the frist time that i discovered the term 'Noise music'

Even if all of their albums post-Treats didn't excited me that much but in their 5th album 'Texis' i kinda fall in love with them again. Like most of their music, many of these songs took a couple listens for me to appreciate them but luckily, they once again managed to make songs interestingly good. Even if this new album is not 'Treats', but it's a joy to listen to.

Top 3: Justine Go Genesis, Locust Laced & True Seekers

63. lately I feel EVERYTHING - WILLOW

willow-lately-i-feel-everything-Cover-Art.jpg

(July 16, 2021)

I've been following Willow's Smith music career since 'Whip My Hair' (shockingly) and each era she always doing somehing different and it makes her one of the most interesing artists out there, kinda like the musical chameleon type of artist

I'd say this isn't Willow's strongest release to date, her 2019 self-titled album still takes the cake, but not gonna lie the Pop Punk sound suits her quite well and she ends up creating some excellent music here. The short runtime makes this a punchy listen and it doesn't bother me at all. Maybe this is just me but i hate when people she make this music because of pop-punk revival like bitch, she recorded this album long before pop-punk become a new IT thing recently. But other than that, the album still worth checking out.

Top 3: t r a n s p a r e n t s o u l, Gaslight & XTRA

62. The Bitter Truth - Evanescence

EvanescenceTheBitterTruth.png

(March 26, 2021)

Evanescence is always a big part of my childchood and since they rarely release new music in most of their career, every studio album releases is always an event for me including this one

This album focuses heavily on dark lyrics and also filled with synthesizers and heavy background music. After listened to the album, it kinda reminds me of their second album 'The Open Door'. Although the mixing isn’t the best on some songs and vocals are a bit drowned out at times, it doesn’t take away from me to enjoy it

Top 3: Feeding the Dark, Better Without You & Wasted on You

61. Paranoia - Maggie Lindemann

maggie-lindemann-paranoia-Cover-Art.jpg

(January 22, 2021)

I know about Maggie Lindemann from that 'Pretty Girl' song and the remix went become a huge hit back then. So when i listened to her newest singles from this album, I really didn’t expect this from her

This EP mostly evokes mid-2000s Paramore and Avril but with a more up-to-date production. It's energetic and fresh while still maintaining the nostalgic feel, full of personality, and all over the place in the sonic world of pop/punk and rock

Top 3: Scissorhands, Crash and Burn & It's Not Your Fault

kEio1ka.png 

iPckWlG.png

70. Everytime I Cry - Ava Max

ava-max-everytime-i-cry-Cover-Art.jpg

(June 8, 2021)

She's serving a whole buffet with this eurodance (flop) hit  :clap3: Where the hell were Maxipads and why they didn't stream/buy this song to become a hit? Shame on them! 

69. Next Level - aespa

aespa-next-level-Cover-Art.jpg

(May 17, 2021)

The way people collectively dragging SM for buying a Fast & Furious soundtrack song and then turning it into a classic SM disjointed song in this new decade. What kind a unexpacted plot twist is going on?! And the fact that I used to absolutely hate this when it first released like, what was i thinking?:jonny5:

We live in 2021 but aespa already live in 2978  :clap3: Truly the 'Boom Boom Pow' of this generation

68. Bunny Is A Rider - Caroline Polachek

caroline-polachek-bunny-is-a-rider-Cover-Art.jpg

(July 14, 2021)

Danny L Harle and Caroline Polachek made magic together with this bop and it shows. Such an addictive song. No wonder Camila wants what Caroline has :clap3:

And also the people that hate this for being a SOTY pick from Pitchfork can cry themselves to sleep idc

67. Edamame (feat. Rich Brian) - Bbno$

bbno-edamame-Cover-Art.jpg

(July 23, 2021)

from the album Eat Ya Veggies

This is some corny straight people trying to be sexy type of song and i love every single seconds of it

Cling-clang bitches!

66. t r a n s p a r e n t s o u l feat. Travis Barker - WILLOW

willow-t-r-a-n-s-p-a-r-e-n-t-s-o-u-l-Cover-Art.jpg

(April 27, 2021)

from the album lately I feel EVERYTHING

This year is also the revival of Willow Smith on mainstream music from releasing 'Whip My Hair" a decade ago to making catchy punk rock song that i loved

Maybe this is a bit unpoular opinion but i'm happy that this doesn't sound like Travis Barker lmao

J5JCRja.png 

65. good 4 u - Olivia Rodrigo

olivia-rodrigo-good-4-u-Cover-Art.jpg

(May 14, 2021)

from the album Sour

This is a Paramore rip-off done right :clap3:

The guitars are produced well, the vocals are decent, the lyrics are bland and I can't help myself sing along on top of my lungs everyime the chorus hit

64. Working For The Knife - Mitski

mitski-working-for-the-knife-Cover-Art.jpg

(October 5, 2021)

from the upcoming album Laurel Hell

I feel like Miski is only artist currently that i 100% can relate to with her music and her lyrics... my god the lyrics are heart breaking as usual

I’ve grew a deeper connection with it and honestly they may be short and simple but I think it’s better that way

63. Montero (Call Me by Your Name) - Lil Nas X

lil-nas-x-montero-call-me-by-your-name-Cover-Art.jpg

(March 26, 2021)

from the album Montero

He's got a point, he's an ICON, he's a LEGEND and he is the MOMENT. Now c'mon NOW! :jonny5:

62. Zombie - PURPLE KISS

%ED%8D%BC%ED%94%8C%ED%82%A4%EC%8A%A4-purple-kiss-hide-and-seek-Cover-Art.jpg

(September 8, 2021)

from the EP Hide & Seek

We love a song about protagonist love their crush so much that they would chase them like a zombie :clap3:

The Cranberries (Rest In Peace Dolores) would be so proud about this song's existance

61. You can't sit with us - SUNMI

%EC%84%A0%EB%AF%B8-sunmi-6%EB%B6%84%EC%9D%981-1_6-Cover-Art.jpg

(August 6, 2021)

from the EP 1/6

Well.. another Zombie-esque music video on today's list (what's with K-pop and Zombie theme this year?). This song is just peaked quirky "quoting Mean Girls movie" type of girls and I. lOVE. IT.

And the rap part is just *chef kiss* perfection. She's a got a point (POINT!)

good 4 u + t r a n s p a r e n t s o u l + Bunny Is A Rider :heart2:

I really need to listen in full to the Sleigh Bells album, I've literally just said this in another thread. :jonny:

Good 4 U :worship: And lol i completely agree with the writeup, the lyrics are bland but inevitable to shout out them out loud.

i gave sob rock a listen, but only liked new light. which is an old track :fan:

willow's wasn't bad either. trasparent soul is still thaT song :jonny: paranoia :clap3: your top 3 tho, yasss!

everytime i cry :katie2: edamame :mandown: a catchy tik tok bop.

• ATRL Moderator

this update is quite a choice :) 

good 4 u is cute i guess :) 

Good 4 U issa banger :jonny: 

Working for a Knife :alexz: Mitski is such a queen

Bunny :smitten: 

Transparent Soul :clap3: 

a lot of entries I love from Montero to good 4 u :jonny5: totally deserving :clap3: 

and wheew this cover caught my attention

%EB%B9%84%EB%B9%84-bibi-%EC%9D%B8%EC%83%9D%EC%9D%80-%EB%82%98%EC%81%9Cx-life-is-a-bi-Cover-Art.jpg

looks like it's gonna be a serve :yum2:

Maggie <3

Everytime I Cry & good 4 u <3

texis is everything yas such a great return to form

next level :WAP: the way we all SWITCHED on this song when it started smashing

working for the knife is such a grower but when it hits it HITS 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.