Mr. Blue_Shirt's Best of 2021 | FINISHED!

Mr. Blue_Shirt

Amazing set :jonny: 

LWYD is such a bop, I kinda loved this just as Symphony :alexz:

Girl Like Me :clap3:I love HER when she’s a feature :eli:

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Blue_Shirt

• Tinashegrande6

• Legend E

• dreamofyou

Zara :clap:

I AM ME. :smile: Siesta is such a bop, but I've kinda forgotten the other tracks already oop! It's only a month old anyway. Stumbled upon LG's How Does It Feel months ago and loved it, then I went to check the rest of their music and realized their sound is very different from that :rip: || Up has gotten stuck in my head a few times... because she repeats the damn word 500 times.  Can't stand ha. The Bandit :clap3: Look What You've Done ayyyy :sats:

5 hours ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

82. The Bandit - Kings of Leon

Good one, though I prefer Claire & Eddie more.

Effortlessly on the Life Support highlights, ABSOLUTELY!! ??

Seen Weki Meki on multiple lists but I kinda dropped them after Picky Picky, it was a cute bop though. Perhaps they're worth giving more of a chance. ?

Oh, and yeah Up is kinda better than WAP imo, even if the latter is more iconic.

• ATRL Moderator

I'm a certified K-Pop hater, but I actually loved SUNMI's EP :jonny:

the tasteeee :jonnycat:

sunmi dolls make some noise :party:

the taeyeon lashings :bibliahh:

jazmine :heart2:

look what you've done + life support :clap3:i didn't expect to like madison's album as much as i did tbh.

i listened to london grammar's album once, but never came back to it.

I'm so happy with the SUNMI love here :sosad: she deserves MPG level success

Spoiler
On 12/16/2021 at 8:48 PM, dreamofyou said:

effortlessly and baby praise for life support:clap3:

reckless better be scrapped i stg

But she needs Reckless streams for MB2 though :mandown: but honestly she needs to serve something non-ballad for the next singles

On 12/16/2021 at 9:36 PM, Pink Matter said:

Up has two cute lines (the one you mentioned and the hook). Everything else sucks tbh :sistrens: 

Girl Like Me is a nice closer and I totally agree. The live version so good :clap3: 

On 12/16/2021 at 10:22 PM, Tinashegrande6 said:

Words to live by :clap3:

Up is a fun little bop and the video was great! Girl Like Me also very good. H.E.R. really seems to shine on collabs now that I think about it.

YES miss Sullivan bring something that some girls failed to deliver :jonny5: Also now i get why H.E.R. got so many accolades based on this one

On 12/16/2021 at 10:37 PM, BlackoutZone said:

London Grammar album was cute, need to revisit too

SUNMI legend, the rap part in YCSWU - you GET it :WAP:

STAYC are objectively really good, but I can't get into them :weeps: SO BAD, Stereotype, ASAP all seem great on paper, but I can't get hooked on any of them..

Weki Meki also cute!

UP was idk.. Look What You've Done is so Clean Bandit indeed lmao

Weekend is gorgeous, but I definitely don't want her to challenge Doja on rapping :mandown:

Honestly STAYC is one of the first group that got me into K-pop (especially for 4th Gen Groups) again lmao. They has so many pontential for sure and this is just the beginning for them. Serve another SO BAD again bestie @BEP :clap3:

23 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

Amazing set :jonny: 

LWYD is such a bop, I kinda loved this just as Symphony :alexz:

Girl Like Me :clap3:I love HER when she’s a feature :eli:

Well... i don't disagree with this :gaycat6: Also i don't mind fir her and Jazmine decide to collab again in the future

21 hours ago, Remmy said:

I AM ME. :smile: Siesta is such a bop, but I've kinda forgotten the other tracks already oop! It's only a month old anyway. Stumbled upon LG's How Does It Feel months ago and loved it, then I went to check the rest of their music and realized their sound is very different from that :rip: || Up has gotten stuck in my head a few times... because she repeats the damn word 500 times.  Can't stand ha. The Bandit :clap3: Look What You've Done ayyyy :sats:

I think Siesta is not their best title tracks but the mini album is probably the most cohesive they've been release so far :clap3:

Most of London Grammer songs aren't that upbeat (and sometimes are really boring) but HDIF is definitely something that i need from them, even though the album doesn't reflect it as i thought i would nnn

21 hours ago, Sunderland 4ever said:

Good one, though I prefer Claire & Eddie more.

Yeah i kinda that they released as a single :clap3:

16 hours ago, Hug said:

Effortlessly on the Life Support highlights, ABSOLUTELY!! ??

Seen Weki Meki on multiple lists but I kinda dropped them after Picky Picky, it was a cute bop though. Perhaps they're worth giving more of a chance. ?

Oh, and yeah Up is kinda better than WAP imo, even if the latter is more iconic.

Honestly i paid more attention to WM when they released 'COOL' last year. They were serving #GirlBoss done right. Other GGs wishes :clap3:

Up is definitely the popiest song she's ever released so far :clap3: Serving mid-2000s pop/rap classics

15 hours ago, Legend E said:

I'm a certified K-Pop hater, but I actually loved SUNMI's EP :jonny:

Sunmi switching the cigarettes to k-pop is the one of the most iconic thing ever methinks :clap3:

14 hours ago, worldwide angel said:

the tasteeee :jonnycat:

sunmi dolls make some noise :party:

the taeyeon lashings :bibliahh:

jazmine :heart2:

Ooop :mandown:

But honestly can't wait for her 'You Right' for her next single. it would slays  :clap3:

12 hours ago, kiiwii said:

look what you've done + life support :clap3:i didn't expect to like madison's album as much as i did tbh.

i listened to london grammar's album once, but never came back to it.

Me too. I thought she would serving Walmart Ariana for this album because of my impression of 'Baby' but she actually has her own style of music that suit for her i think. Honestly good fore her :clap3:

11 hours ago, Lazuli said:

i guess you got a point (POINT!)

stan UP

look what you've done is like the only really good song on the album

weekend bop

:deadbanana4:

Thank you king! i'm tired with the YCSWU rap slanders since it's one of the most iconic in kpop in recent years :clap3:

7 hours ago, OreGuy said:

I'm so happy with the SUNMI love here :sosad: she deserves MPG level success

Even if her popularity start to decrese since SIREN, but she will always be famous and an MPG in our heart :foxaylove2: 

19 hours ago, JGibson said:

The Bandit :worship:

22 hours ago, Sempiternal said:

Zara :clap:

15 hours ago, luckystrike said:

didn't like Life Support :monkey: but yassssssss at Look What You've Done making an appearance :WAP:

TASTE stan gayest pop anthems (including The Bandit too) :clap3:

qvBEes7.png

IjydjJY.png

80. The Lunar Injection Kool Aid Eclipse Conspiracy - Rob Zombie

rob-zombie-the-lunar-injection-kool-aid-eclipse-conspiracy-Cover-Art.jpg

(March 12, 2021)

I haven't listen to his music in a very long time, so this album feels like a reintoduction for me. This album is kinda weak at the start but it starsts building up and become very enjoyable for me. And also i really like the interludes on this and all of them are very much needed to establish the next songs on the tracklist

Top 3: Shadow of the Cemetery Man, Crow Killer Blues & The Ballad of Sleazy Rider

Spotify // Apple Music // Youtube

79. Medicine at Midnight - Foo Fighters

foo-fighters-medicine-at-midnight-Cover-Art.jpg

(February 5, 2021)

Doesn't matter how shitty this album is, Foo Fighter always have a place in my Cold Heart.m4a

Despite this album being as generic as a hard rock album can be, at least they kinda redeem themseves with songs like 'Waiting on a War' or the title track. But yeah, but it's a dissapointment but I guess it's really hard to follow up the quality that is 'Wasting Light' 10 years ago

Top 3: Medicine At Midnight, Waiting On A War & No Son Of Mine

78. [Dystopia: Road to Utopia] - DREAMCATCHER

dreamcatcher-dystopia-road-to-utopia-Cover-Art.jpg

(January 26, 2021)

The way DREAMCATCHER released a mini album full of Tekken 7 ost is iconic actually :clap3:

They using more synths on this album is actually a nice surprise. It makes their sounds more versatile and yet stil cohesive and better compare to their previous albums. Also song like 'New Days' reminds me so much of RADWIMPS and it fucking slays

Top 3: Poison Love. Odd Eye & New Days

77. LILAC - IU

iu-lilac-Cover-Art.jpg

(March 25, 2021)

As a full album, i have to admit that this is one of my least favorites from her. But despite all that, i still enjoy some of the songs here and there

Based on the technically lead single "Celebrity", a lot of people assumed that IU is entering her 'sellout' era since the song is the most generic, originally made for boygroup kpop song she's ever released. But all the worries soon was dismiss when she released the title track with gorgeous MV

As for the album itself, It doesn't sound very cohesive and feels like hit songs that has nothing to do with each other compile into one tracklist, kinda like a compilation album. But then it starts to back up from its weakest point on the last 4 songs of the album. Yes, My Sea is one of the best songs she's ever created (That high note! a VOCALIST was born!)

Overall it's an underwhelming project but the strongs songs on it overshadows the album's obvious weakness.

Top 3: My sea, LILAC, Hi spring bye

76. Dear OHMYGIRL - OH MY GIRL

oh-my-girl-dear-ohmygirl-Cover-Art.jpg

(May 10, 2021)

For me, this is the strongest album that they've ever released so far. Every songs on this EP are all enjoyable to listen to

Dun Dun Dance is a classic bright, fun summer k-pop songs that people would love especially with the infectious hook. Also i love the nostalgic feeling on some of the songs are and for a veterean girl group like OMG, it's nice that they still hasn't peaked with quality and also commercially as well

I can't wait for these 7 women would do next

Top 3: Dun Dun Dance, my doll & Swan

kEio1ka.png

IjydjJY.png

80. SIREN - Shygirl

shygirl-siren-Cover-Art.jpg

(March 16, 2021)

from the EP Alias

Shygirl single handly revive early 2000s Eurodance naur it's true it's true. The Basement Jaxx remix are also heavenly too

I'm so glad that i discovered her existance

79. Thot Shit - Megan Thee Stallion

megan-thee-stallion-thot-shit-Cover-Art.jpg

(June 11, 2021)

from the mixtape Something for Thee Hotties

This is definitely one of her best songs. It's just so goddamn catchy, fun, and repeatable

78. I must apologise - PinkPantheress

pinkpantheress-i-must-apologise-Cover-Art.jpg

(October 6, 2021)

from the mixtape To Hell with It

Seriously, We need to bring back Drum and Bass to mainstream pop culture. Even if the the song is too short but I keep repeating the song over an over and over again

See ATRL, not all "Tik Tok" short songs are all bad

77. 2010 - Earl Sweatshirt

earl-sweatshirt-2010-Cover-Art.png

(November 19, 2021)

from the upcoming album Sick!

The beat is really incredible and truly the most instant song i've ever like this year

And also don't forget to stream/buy his upcoming 5th studio abum 'Sick!' on January 14, 2022 #promo

76. I am not a woman, i'm a god - Halsey

Halsey_-_I_Am_Not_a_Woman,_I'm_a_God.png

(August 31, 2021)

from the album If i can't have love, i want power

I think we all need to start having the converstion about alt-pop girls should work with Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross for their upcoming projects

2 hours ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

78. I must apologise - PinkPantheress

The whole mixtape was awesome, to be honest. :worship2:

Thot Shit really grew on me, I wasn't feeling the hook at first but now....HANDS ON MY KNEES!

I must apologise is my fave from her EP/Mixtape (?) :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.