HDD FINAL: ADELE 284k, Taylor 102k

ALA

On 12/1/2021 at 2:40 PM, Agenor said:

It's Olivia COLMAN, not Coleman. :wink:

Can I have a definition of "troll" and would you be so kind to use it in a sentence? :hughard:

I don't enter any of the TS threads, only the ones that are charts related and sometimes the main topic is TS, so while reading the comments from time to time I come upon some false statements that can be disproved. So I use the numbers (very rarely express any kind of opinion) to point out that some information is false ("fake news") and provide some context to how some chart achievements happened (example being that TS sold around 500k of personally signed CDs during the 5 weeks they were available and gave her the boost to #1).

Please point out to any of my comments in which I've made derogatory remarks towards Taylor or insulted any of the Swifties. I'm ready to apologize immediately.

As for Adele, I wish people would stop judging her based on 1 or 2 weeks of performance on the charts... EOM's performance should have been a lesson to everyone calling it a "flop", "under performance" and "front loaded". So let's wait and see, 30 has just started. might end up surprising everyone in the end. :michael:

giphy.gif

You're right, you're just a smol bean innocently posting stats

651914c2104e076168a571e2e693cc229fd3a294

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• georgechxng

• Gaia

• Virtual_Insanity

4 minutes ago, Headlock said:

You're right, you're just a smol bean innocently posting stats

the-crown-olivia-colman.gif

4 hours ago, gotportugal said:

16 bundles,

Literally what :gaycat6:

2 hours ago, Gaia said:

They know very well the narrative of Taylor vs. Scooter is what's driving these sales. No one would be interested in her re-releasing her albums otherwise. If she re-recorded these albums for fun and without the drama and pulled these numbers THAT would be a huge indication of power. 

Y'all always gotta put Taylor's power onto the shoulders of a man huh :gaycat6:

Wouldn't the first album, Fearless TV, have sold the most, as it was the first re-recording coming out after all the drama, which by the way, was in 2019. Yet Red TV almost doubled its numbers :turkey:

the average person doesn't know who scooter braun is.

and the stans who would care are going to buy anything She releases. so.

good for both adele and taylor's selling power

4 hours ago, Artistofthedecade said:

If it is all about that, why did Fearless TV only sold half of Red TV? 

Both have around 30 songs, both had "Scooter hype" and it even had first TV hype... 

Both albums, Folklore and Red TV had around 220k SEA and Folklore did that with half amount of songs. So are you telling me that they had same amount hype? If not, what is that surprising about Folklore selling more pure sales? 

Even Evermore, the album that didn't have as much hype as average Taylor album did 155k Digital album sales. 

Red TV did less than 250k Digital and CD sales, including signed CDs... 

But somehow it has same amount hype of a brand new album when it comes to pure sales? 

Where? :rip:

They really somehow believe Jake Gyllenhaal is somehow the driving force behind all this interest :deadbanana2:like we’ve had to albums of hers about Joe (Lover and some songs on folklore)  opening with 850k but somehow now it just can’t happen

2 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

the average person doesn't know who scooter braun is.

and the stans who would care are going to buy anything She releases. so.

good for both adele and taylor's selling power

So basically you are saying the GP is considering this a brand new album by Taylor?

Interesting.

Screenshot_2017_01_22_at_2_22_37_PM.thum

4 hours ago, Artistofthedecade said:

If it is all about that, why did Fearless TV only sold half of Red TV? 

Both have around 30 songs, both had "Scooter hype" and it even had first TV hype... 

Both albums, Folklore and Red TV had around 220k SEA and Folklore did that with half amount of songs. So are you telling me that they had same amount hype? If not, what is that surprising about Folklore selling more pure sales? 

Even Evermore, the album that didn't have as much hype as average Taylor album did 155k Digital album sales. 

Red TV did less than 250k Digital and CD sales, including signed CDs... 

But somehow it has same amount hype of a brand new album when it comes to pure sales? 

Where? :rip:

1 minute ago, Hot Volcano said:

So basically you are saying the GP is considering this a brand new album by Taylor?

Interesting.

...wtf? um my post

tenor.png

but anyway, i wonder if adele will stay #1 through the year except for getting booted by juice wrld.

21 hours ago, Redstreak said:

BUT IT ISNT

a week of tv appearances isn’t going to make people suddenly forget that they heard almost all of these songs a decade ago, like I don’t understand what isn’t clicking. Look at Love 4 Sale, no one’s treating it as anything other than an album of covers because that’s what it is, regardless of the promotion it got ?

Because L4S is nothing except an album of covers. 

4 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Because L4S is nothing except an album of covers. 

And Red TV is a deluxe version. 22 old songs with 6 new-ish ones attached. Glad we agree that the content matters and not “promo amount” :smile:

5 hours ago, Gaia said:

This is my issue with the Swifties. They ONLY want to look at the numbers and not what Taylor does to achieve those numbers. Look in any of her  music section threads and they're talking about when Taylor can release new vinyls, signed copies, alternate covers/versions, etc. to boost sales, but in the chart threads act like those don't boost her sales significantly :deadbanana2:

They know very well the narrative of Taylor vs. Scooter is what's driving these sales. No one would be interested in her re-releasing her albums otherwise. If she re-recorded these albums for fun and without the drama and pulled these numbers THAT would be a huge indication of power. 

Exactly. She has spent YEARS talking about this re recorded albums and painting herself as this victim. 

I mean it all started when ME premiered. These albums are the most talked about, hyped and promoted albums in the history of all time. 

18 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

And Red TV is a deluxe version. 22 old songs with 6 new-ish ones attached. Glad we agree that the content matters and not “promo amount” :smile:

Its not a deluxe version. IT is a completely re recorded album of brand new tracks with at least 9 if not more completely new tracks. I lost count at this stage. Who releases a short film for a standard deluxe album. Stop deluding yourself. 

It is counting and charting as a completely SEPERATE album, literally no connection to the Red. 

Edited by Virtual_Insanity

1 hour ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Exactly. She has spent YEARS talking about this re recorded albums and painting herself as this victim. 

I mean it all started when ME premiered. These albums are the most talked about, hyped and promoted albums in the history of all time. 

Not all time :dies: 

But yes, Swifties acting like Taylor achieves her sales without gimmicks and promotions are disingenuous and I have 0 intention of entertaining it further with them. There's an excuse for everything, either why her sales are low or why her gimmicks aren't the reason her sales are high. If her sales were going to be exorbitantly high naturally she wouldn't feel the need to resort to such tactics. 

She's obviously one of the strongest sellers in the industry, but to continue acting like her sales are all natural is just ridiculous. I don't know why I continue to expect the stan world to be able to take off their stan goggles when discussing their fave.

4 minutes ago, Gaia said:

Not all time :dies: 

But yes, Swifties acting like Taylor achieves her sales without gimmicks and promotions are disingenuous and I have 0 intention of entertaining it further with them. There's an excuse for everything, either why her sales are low or why her gimmicks aren't the reason her sales are high. If her sales were going to be exorbitantly high naturally she wouldn't feel the need to resort to such tactics. 

She's obviously one of the strongest sellers in the industry, but to continue acting like her sales are all natural is just ridiculous. I don't know why I continue to expect the stan world to be able to take off their stan goggles when discussing their fave.

I mean .... ill just leave this here.. 

The fact that they tried to act as if Folklore did not benefit heavily from bundling and mass buying is almost unbelievable to me. Like .. why lie ? 

14 hours ago, Popboi. said:

Michael Bublé is the one that will dethrone Adele in some weeks isn’t he :rip:

Yes, he will be one of the main candidates throughout the month.

Can the swifties please stop engaging with those trying to keep on stirring sh it, the desperation for attention even if it takes recycling the same dumb sh it over and over and over and over...

it’s comical at this point, well it has always been, but yeah.....

6 minutes ago, Gaia said:

Wbk they're dishonest as hell. I think my favorite narrative they've been trying to force is how Adele doesn't do well on streams when she has won 1.5B streams on spotify alone ever since EOM with a 50 songs catalogue :deadbanana4:

3 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

Wbk they're dishonest as hell. I think my favorite narrative they've been trying to force is how Adele doesn't do well on streams when she has won 1.5B streams on spotify alone ever since EOM with a 50 songs catalogue :deadbanana4:

My own fave is them claiming Adele should be able to outstream Taylor's "re-recording" even if it has 30 songs, but fail to realize Red-TV and those 30 songs also outstreamed Folklore and Evermore. So I guess Taylor's re-recordings are bigger than her studio albums which negates the whole idea that Taylor's next studio album is going to debut MUCH higher than Red-TV.

Edited by Gaia

Can the Daydreamers please stop engaging with those trying to keep on stirring sh it, the desperation for attention even if it takes recycling the same dumb sh it over and over and over and over...

21 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

The fact that they tried to act as if Folklore did not benefit heavily from bundling and mass buying is almost unbelievable to me. Like .. why lie ? 

They're delusional.

QueenofCopyPaste
39 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

oop

On 12/1/2021 at 5:31 PM, Redstreak said:

Gonna paint my house a different color and call it brand new :celestial3:

so they're old recordings and she isn't gaining ownership of them?

and yes, people renovate their homes and then sell them for a profit. which is the only reason she's doing all this

very good metaphor. well done

Edited by family.guy123

10 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

so they're old recordings and she isn't gaining ownership of them?

and yes, people renovate their homes and then sell them for a profit. which is the only reason she's doing all this

very good metaphor. well done

Oh I thought it was because she cared deeply about her art and that is why. 

I guess its really just about money then. 

2 hours ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Its not a deluxe version. IT is a completely re recorded album of brand new tracks with at least 9 if not more completely new tracks. I lost count at this stage. Who releases a short film for a standard deluxe album. Stop deluding yourself. 

It is counting and charting as a completely SEPERATE album, literally no connection to the Red. 

You know what, I have time tonight, so I'm going to prove once and for all for anyone who still doubts that you're just a KatyKat troll hiding behind Adele. Here is you, just one month ago, vehemently calling these new versions "deluxe versions", demanding they not count as new versions by Billboard, for pages:

On 10/11/2021 at 5:35 PM, Virtual_Insanity said:

Still a different product from the original album. 

These TV versions should be included with the original chartruns. They are basically remixes. Same as how an acoustic version of a single or an Elvira witch remix will count on Billboard for the one single  - they do not all chart seperately. 

On 10/11/2021 at 6:42 PM, Virtual_Insanity said:

Deluxe versions basically. I mean the long pond version of Folklore did not chart seperately, why should these TV versions. 

On 10/11/2021 at 7:05 PM, Virtual_Insanity said:

How can she do a "compilation" for every album? DO you even know what a compilation is ? 

An album re released with new tracks and extra versions is a deluxe version or a different edition and generally charts with the original, it is not a compilation.

On 10/11/2021 at 8:25 PM, Virtual_Insanity said:

No, they aren't. A compilation is tracks compiled from various studio albums generally singles but can be album tracks with some new tracks and or remixes. 

A deluxe version or alternate edition is tracks from one original studio album can be alternate versions or resung versions, plus some extra tracks from the era. 

Two completely different and very distinct things. It is quite mind boggling to see you claim they are the same thing. 

On 10/12/2021 at 3:16 PM, Virtual_Insanity said:

Touch grass. They still aren't compilations because the songs don't come from DIFFERENT ERAS and DIFFERENT Taylor original albums. 

They fit into the category of deluxe versions or expanded editions of the original albums. 

What's not clicking ? 

On 10/12/2021 at 3:49 PM, Virtual_Insanity said:

You are incorrect I fear. The compilation features tracks from TWO distinct studio albums, Love Yourself Her, and Love Yourself Tear as well as new tracks and remixes. Therefore it is a compilation. 

Adding one song from a soundtrack onto a studio album ( or a resung studio album in Taylors case) does not make it a compilation - it is simply an expanded or deluxe edition of the original album. 

I am quite concerned that you are struggling with this as it is very obvious what the differences are. 

Do us all a favor, Daydreamers and Swifties alike, and just stop. It's tiresome and boring. Stop hiding behind artists to drag ones you don't like.

It's also interesting that the ones cosigning you also could fall into this category as well.

1 hour ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

1 hour ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

Can the Daydreamers please stop engaging with those trying to keep on stirring sh it, the desperation for attention even if it takes recycling the same dumb sh it over and over and over and over...

They're delusional.

I know both of you already know this, but to anyone that doesn't know: a maximum of four copies count towards Billboard from one purchaser. That massive pile of CDs, yeah, that counted as four copies. That person bought them to distribute to people who couldn't get them overseas.

Just shut up, it's so tiresome.

3 minutes ago, Headlock said:

You know what, I have time tonight, so I'm going to prove once and for all for anyone who still doubts that you're just a KatyKat troll hiding behind Adele. Here is you, just one month ago, vehemently calling these new versions "deluxe versions", demanding they not count as new versions by Billboard, for pages:

Do us all a favor, Daydreamers and Swifties alike, and just stop. It's tiresome and boring. Stop hiding behind artists to drag ones you don't like.

It's also interesting that the ones cosigning you also could fall into this category as well.

And you spent TEN pages convincing me I was totally wrong and they were completely new recordings which would rightfully stand alone. 

And I realized YOU were completely correct and changed my opinion accordingly. I told you this already. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.