• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• georgechxng

• Gaia

• Virtual_Insanity

48 minutes ago, Cockney Cupcake said:

Niw go read the others too it’s still not preventing anyone from printing any. 
Backflip it all you want tho it’s ok y’all been doing stretches all November 

Not you trying to act like I am hating on Adele instead of just stating a fact. I listen to her since before you even knew she existed with 21.

1 hour ago, byzantium said:

Why does this have 27 pages?  What did y'all discuss?

They've been discussing the same thing since last week like they're a broken record at this point, Red and Folklore had 988293472498742398 versions so it's sales aren't organic!!!!! Adele is flopping because she's not selling 1 million on its second week!!!!! Taylor had a bigger decline!!!! Adele shipped 500k vinyls and hasn't sold them all, she's over!!!

Imagine how tired we are :rip: 

2 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

They've been discussing the same thing since last week like they're a broken record at this point, Red and Folklore had 988293472498742398 versions so it's sales aren't organic!!!!! Adele is flopping because she's not selling 1 million on its second week!!!!! Taylor had a bigger decline!!!! Adele shipped 500k vinyls and hasn't sold them all, she's over!!!

Imagine how tired we are :rip: 

Seriously? That is a little sad.  Why are we trying to pretend like both women are not absolutely killing it?  

Edited by byzantium

1 minute ago, byzantium said:

Seriously? That is a little sad  Why are we trying to pretend like both women are not absolutely killing it?  

Some of us are, I love both girls but you know there's always gonna be some bad apples on each side.

20 minutes ago, byzantium said:

Seriously? That is a little sad.  Why are we trying to pretend like both women are not absolutely killing it?  

Both girls are absolutely killing it, they are just arguing about who's killing it more :giraffe:

33 minutes ago, YR. said:

Adele really isn’t doing so good. What happened?

What? Her hold is actually really amazing :deadbanana4:

Over 250k on week 2 is huge, lmao.

12 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

Some stores still have them as it still sold 30k vinyls 2nd week, but many are sold out and her website in the US has been sold out since middle of week 1

it seems to me like those 110k she sold could have been a bit more, but not a LOT more just bc of more supply.

17 hours ago, PopFan1996 said:

"Swift’s webstore sold over a dozen physical/digital album bundles (with a CD, vinyl LP or cassette, plus the digital album). All of the physical/digital bundles delivered the digital version of the album upon purchase to the customer" :rip:

I looked and apparently it says there was like 16 different bundles on the website:rip:

17 hours ago, PopFan1996 said:

Excuses after excuses:lmao:

:giraffe:

15 hours ago, gotportugal said:

literally. Red TV's numbers were highly impressive for sure, but to think a brand new Taylor album instead of RedTV would open at 850k+ is :rip: just insane

Do you1 think if any of your faves released their decade old album's re-release, it would debut with brand new album numbers or like only 5% less? 

Did average comsumer from GP suppose to be as interested as brand new release? 

47 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

he is a troll :rip:

can't wait for HDD's final numbers tomorrow!

1 minute ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Do you1 think if any of your faves released their decade old album's re-release, it would debut with brand new album numbers or like only 5% less? 

honey this is not something hard to grasp.. take your stan hat off. Taylor has been doing this hugely sucessful narrative of rerecording her albums due to a ****ty situation with a ****ty person (Scooter). She rerecords a fan favorite album, including new songs, 30 SONGS and 16 bundles, inlcuding a very much fan hyped 10 minute version of a song, with all fans going back to her relationships at the time with jake gyllenhall etc..

It's not hard to understand that a brand new 15 song album about Joe wouldnt do as much or at least not 800k. Just not realistic. RedTV's numbers are huge and a result of a big fan and GP hype over her past and new songs for sure, but the hype around the subject of the album is obviously key to understand how it did so well first week.

11 minutes ago, gotportugal said:

honey this is not something hard to grasp.. take your stan hat off. Taylor has been doing this hugely sucessful narrative of rerecording her albums due to a ****ty situation with a ****ty person (Scooter). She rerecords a fan favorite album, including new songs, 30 SONGS and 16 bundles, inlcuding a very much fan hyped 10 minute version of a song, with all fans going back to her relationships at the time with jake gyllenhall etc..

It's not hard to understand that a brand new 15 song album about Joe wouldnt do as much or at least not 800k. Just not realistic. RedTV's numbers are huge and a result of a big fan and GP hype over her past and new songs for sure, but the hype around the subject of the album is obviously key to understand how it did so well first week.

If it is all about that, why did Fearless TV only sold half of Red TV? 

Both have around 30 songs, both had "Scooter hype" and it even had first TV hype... 

Both albums, Folklore and Red TV had around 220k SEA and Folklore did that with half amount of songs. So are you telling me that they had same amount hype? If not, what is that surprising about Folklore selling more pure sales? 

Even Evermore, the album that didn't have as much hype as average Taylor album did 155k Digital album sales. 

Red TV did less than 250k Digital and CD sales, including signed CDs... 

But somehow it has same amount hype of a brand new album when it comes to pure sales? 

11 minutes ago, gotportugal said:

and 16 bundles

Where? :rip:

Edited by Artistofthedecade

1 hour ago, Artistofthedecade said:

If it was controversial like the Scooter-Taylor clash? For sure. It could even do 1M. The GP loves Adele and they would definitely buy her album all over again to support her "owning back" her masters.

Y'all forget how controversial and viral this whole thing was:rip:

2 hours ago, Blue. said:

Not you trying to act like I am hating on Adele instead of just stating a fact. I listen to her since before you even knew she existed with 21.

Whatever floats your boat 

17 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

If it was controversial like the Scooter-Taylor clash? For sure. It could even do 1M. The GP loves Adele and they would definitely buy her album all over again to support her "owning back" her masters.

Again, if it was thanks to Scooter, why did Fearless debut with 350k?

Did i miss something controversial about Scooter between two albums or something? 

18 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

For sure. It could even do 1M. The GP loves Adele and they would definitely buy her album

Serving the same delusi-

Nevermind :celestial6:

3 hours ago, YR. said:

She fell below T and is now the #2 female. Which is still very good, wym? 

1 minute ago, SwiftLover said:

The first person to fall below of someone she's outselling in albums/singles and outcharting WW :bibliahh:swifties always giving us a good laugh

55 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

This is my issue with the Swifties. They ONLY want to look at the numbers and not what Taylor does to achieve those numbers. Look in any of her  music section threads and they're talking about when Taylor can release new vinyls, signed copies, alternate covers/versions, etc. to boost sales, but in the chart threads act like those don't boost her sales significantly :deadbanana2:

They know very well the narrative of Taylor vs. Scooter is what's driving these sales. No one would be interested in her re-releasing her albums otherwise. If she re-recorded these albums for fun and without the drama and pulled these numbers THAT would be a huge indication of power. 

Edited by Gaia

3 hours ago, YR. said:

16 minutes ago, Gaia said:

This is my issue with the Swifties. They ONLY want to look at the numbers and not what Taylor does to achieve those numbers. Look in any of her  music section threads and they're talking about when Taylor can release new vinyls, signed copies, alternate covers/versions, etc. to boost sales, but in the chart threads act like those don't boost her sales significantly :deadbanana2:

They know very well the narrative of Taylor vs. Scooter is what's driving these sales. No one would be interested in her re-releasing her albums otherwise. If she re-recorded these albums for fun and without the drama and pulled these numbers THAT would be a huge indication of power. 

You certainly wont belive me, but I honestly never thought about Scooter possible driving sales :rip:

Going against that narrative would be stolen charting at #21 the week before Red TV was released. Like people were still giving coins to Scooter.

I listened to Red TV a ton, because its just really, really great. And just better than stolen Red and the fact that she kept those vault tracks from us for 9 years is really crazy.

Fearless TV is also an improvement on stolen Fearless, but not by that much and the vault tracks arent as great. And the album isnt as good as Red of course. Not even close.

And she did way less for that album, yes. But it doing way worse also goes against you saying Scooter is driving the sales. Shouldnt the first one then do better? It was the first chance to show Scooter

Edited by simmnfierzig

Can someone explain to me how is it possible for RED to have newly printed LPs less than 2 months after it was released? New batch will be available on January 7. I thought the waiting period for vinyl is 6 months? :huh:

Edited by Agenor

3 hours ago, tiagol88 said:

Not for her, no

36 minutes ago, YR. said:

Not for her, no

Who else sold more in the second week than her?

1 hour ago, georgechxng said:

The first person to fall below of someone she's outselling in albums/singles and outcharting WW :bibliahh:swifties always giving us a good laugh

:bibliahh::bibliahh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.