HDD FINAL: ADELE 284k, Taylor 102k

ALA

14 minutes ago, gatito said:

why is it so hard to understand that these numbers are disappointing and underwhelming for ADELE :celestial5: no matter how hard some of y'all try to spin it

If these numbers are disappointing for Adele, then I think that speaks to the fact that she is the music industry because no one else is doing 200k pure in the second week :alexz:

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• georgechxng

• Gaia

• Virtual_Insanity

20 minutes ago, Yuanyu said:

Then lets compare

reputation vs 1989

Evermore vs Folklore

Scoripion vs CLB

None of these had a drop of nearly 75% when comparing debut numbers? 2 out of these 3 opened with pretty similar numbers 

Edited by Redstreak

Just now, Redstreak said:

None of these had a drop of nearly 75%?

Neither of them has taken 6 years to release an album.

26 minutes ago, supertiffany said:

:clap3::clap3:

the way that 200k PURE SALES in 2nd week during the streaming era, is blinding them :bibliahh:

:dies:

these numbers are impressive, there is no way to deny it!

5 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

:dies:

these numbers are impressive, there is no way to deny it!

I wonder what will be the numbers if she had a Carpool episode

when this video has more than 250 million views making it the MOST VIEWED TALK SHOW VIDEO BY A POP GIRL :clap3:

23 minutes ago, Bey Admired said:

If these numbers are disappointing for Adele, then I think that speaks to the fact that she is the music industry because no one else is doing 200k pure in the second week :alexz:

it just means that Adele is a whole separate industry :clap3:

the one and only :clap3:

28 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

None of these had a drop of nearly 75% when comparing debut numbers? 2 out of these 3 opened with pretty similar numbers 

but they had when you compare total sales. so are you implying that taylor is only debuts? wbk but thanks for confirming :clap3:

4 hours ago, Hot Volcano said:

SNL? GMA? Billboards all over the country, YouTube, Spotify, AM ads? Heavily promoted short film premiere? 

Combine all of these and it still can't compete with the exposure of 10M viewers  :rip:

25 minutes ago, Yuanyu said:

And you think Adele can do 30 numbers if she release a new album next year without 6 years hype? 

18 hours ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

Adele has the biggest debut in HISTORY, no wonder that cult is fuming. They have to stick to EXTREMELY SPECIFIC records.

OT: Congrats, Adele!

and she had BUNDLES and 1013935414130 different versions  :dies:

51 minutes ago, Yuanyu said:

Even still, 1989 to folklore isn’t a 75% difference in debut numbers

27 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

but they had when you compare total sales. so are you implying that taylor is only debuts? wbk but thanks for confirming :clap3:

No but that is what’s being discussed here? A weird thing to counter with since it’s obvious 30 isn’t going to have the legs of her previous  albums :confused:

13 hours ago, Headlock said:

Agenor “Olivia Coleman gif” is one too :gaycat6:

I agree most Daydreamers are chill, but so are a lot of Swifties. There’s many posters who literally only post in the Taylor base thread/album threads that couldn’t care less about any of this stan war nonsense.

So again, neither side is innocent.

It's Olivia COLMAN, not Coleman. :wink:

Can I have a definition of "troll" and would you be so kind to use it in a sentence? :hughard:

I don't enter any of the TS threads, only the ones that are charts related and sometimes the main topic is TS, so while reading the comments from time to time I come upon some false statements that can be disproved. So I use the numbers (very rarely express any kind of opinion) to point out that some information is false ("fake news") and provide some context to how some chart achievements happened (example being that TS sold around 500k of personally signed CDs during the 5 weeks they were available and gave her the boost to #1).

Please point out to any of my comments in which I've made derogatory remarks towards Taylor or insulted any of the Swifties. I'm ready to apologize immediately.

As for Adele, I wish people would stop judging her based on 1 or 2 weeks of performance on the charts... EOM's performance should have been a lesson to everyone calling it a "flop", "under performance" and "front loaded". So let's wait and see, 30 has just started. might end up surprising everyone in the end. :michael:

giphy.gif

For a black Friday included, this is beyond underwhelming :skull:

And yes, black Fridays havent given any real big boosts to CDs for years now, but that is because most retailers got done away with music sections entirely. And that does not apply here, since there's music stands dedicated to 30 in walmart and target, regardless if they sell music or not.

If this is all 30 could sell in black Friday in its second week.... its a commercial disappointment tbh.

6 minutes ago, Daniiel said:

And yes, black Fridays havent given any real big boosts to CDs for years now, but that is because most retailers got done away with music sections entirely. And that does not apply here, since there's music stands dedicated to 30 in walmart and target, regardless if they sell music or not.

If this is all 30 could sell in black Friday in its second week.... its a commercial disappointment tbh.

how a 68% drop from the 1st week is disappointing if that's exact the same drop that 25 had on its 2nd week? the absolute reach :deadbanana2:

14 minutes ago, Daniiel said:

I wonder what numbers she'd be pulling if she released in the middle of summer or early in the year

600k debut.. 150k second week max probably.. if that

Because this was black Friday week? When basically every citizen of the country visits department stores, Where 30 was of clear abundance and in sight? 

This aint no regular week. Its the reason why her label released this season, to capitalize on the holiday sales as much as they could. She sold millions last time in the same season. Her label made sure there would be no physical shortages in stock, she has her own stand filled with cds and vinyls.

And yet, in the biggest retail sales week, only 200k physical copies were sold. This is super disappointing, its definetly not what her label was expecting. 

The album is disappointing sales wise, why deny it :huh:

26 minutes ago, Daniiel said:

Disappointment for who?

Do you think this result will actually affect something in Adele's career or her label? :rip:

No one is denying the album is probably not doing up pair with the ridiculous expectations that some people had but some of you are reaching levels of delusion beyond the galaxy by calling this a flop, terrible numbers, frontloaded, etc.

But at this point is like arguing with a wall because you all will drag this out for its 3rd week, 4th week, etc like morons because Adele isn't decimating everybody like she did with her past 2 albums, bless her for lowing herself to do Taylor and Drake numbers, her career is over, how will she recover? ....

21 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

Forgot to quote on my last pose, oops. 

13 minutes ago, Brando said:

I wonder what numbers she'd be pulling if she released in the middle of summer or early in the year

600k debut.. 150k second week max probably.. if that

Id say less than that tbh. It has the advantage of pre Thanksgiving and black Fridays retail store foot traffic; when everyone and their grandma is shopping for the festivities. There's a reason why 25 and 30 where released during the same season, its the spending season. Taylor used to release in the time frame too, to take advantage of store traffic.

1 minute ago, UnusualBoy said:

No one is denying the album is probably not doing up pair with the ridiculous expectations that some people had but some of you are reaching levels of delusion beyond the galaxy by calling this a flop, terrible numbers, frontloaded, etc.

But at this point is like arguing with a wall because you all will drag this out for its 3rd week, 4th week, etc like morons because Adele isn't decimating everybody like she did with her past 2 albums, bless her for lowing herself to do Taylor and Drake numbers, her career is over, how will she recover? ....

The irony is she is still pulling bigger numbers than them. They're dragging her because she's not outselling them as much as she used to :deadbanana4: It's absurd. 30 is having a better 2nd week than Taylor or Drake, and she's not doing anything to drive sales.

30 2nd week: ~260k

Certified Lover Boy 2nd week: 227k

Folklore 2nd week: 135k

Drake's insane streaming numbers might give him the edge eventually though.

19 minutes ago, Daniiel said:

Forgot to quote on my last pose, oops. 

Id say less than that tbh. It has the advantage of pre Thanksgiving and black Fridays retail store foot traffic; when everyone and their grandma is shopping for the festivities. There's a reason why 25 and 30 where released during the same season, its the spending season. Taylor used to release in the time frame too, to take advantage of store traffic.

You can literally google how Black Friday is not nearly as relevant or impactful as it used to be with deals spread out for months now and a large portion of buyers now shopping online and using Amazon.

Black Friday is back but it’s not what it used to be - AP

"While Black Friday has a strong hold on Americans’ imaginations as a day of crazed shopping, it has lost stature over the last decade as stores opened on Thanksgiving and shopping shifted to Amazon and other online retailers. Stores diluted the day’s importance further by advertising Black Friday sales on more and more days."

Black Friday loses some luster as shoppers turn out to hunt scarce deals -  CNBC

"Overall consumer traffic was slow, Pressman said, and there were few to little doorbusters at major retailers."

Is the traditional Black Friday dead? - NBC

"

The day after Thanksgiving is really losing its relevance with shoppers. Gone are the days of waiting in line at 5 am.. for a doorbuster. Consumers have increasingly turned to the internet shop on Black Friday itself. The online version of Black Friday was already taking hold prior to the pandemic. In 2019, shoppers spent more than $600 billion online. That was up nearly 15% from the previous year, according to the Commerce Department."

All I see are people trying to convince themselves its still 2008 and millions of people are rushing to retail stores on black friday when that simply isn't true. I was literally at Target on Black Friday for my regular groceries and it wasn't any busier than average. I do all of my holiday shopping online via Amazon or online stores as most people do in 2021. This faux "im shocked its only did this much on black friday!@#!" is tired

Edited by Gaia

39 minutes ago, Daniiel said:

its definetly not what her label was expecting. 

They shipped 1.3-1.5M physical sales for the whole era. This will sell  half of it in just 2-3 weeks. How is that disappointing? :skull:

I want a logical answer not some invalid excuses

6 hours ago, Cap10Planet said:

You are one of the ones egging it on, though. If it's tiring, then shut up.

I really can’t:jonny:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.