HDD FINAL: ADELE 284k, Taylor 102k

ALA

13 minutes ago, Robyn. said:

If she releases an album every 5 years, I doubt that. 

Well I guess it’s just too bad that’s not the fictional reality we live in huh? Taylor is going to release consistently every year or every other year. Must be hard for some to swallow that much success while waiting for their fave to release every 5 years. Imagine getting older and older. Adele reminds her fans how old they’re getting while Taylor is consistently nourishing and gifting her fans. I guess not everyone can write multiple chart breaking albums within a short time span. Truly the artist of our generation and the music industry.

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• georgechxng

• Gaia

• Virtual_Insanity

22 minutes ago, Robyn. said:

From an artist that used to sell 20 million copies of an album in a market where every other artist would sell 3-4 million? Yes it is. :toofunny2:

It's disappointing in the sense that Adele's numbers always had astronomic gaps with her peers. Stop pretending you don't see it. :rip: 

sis it's disappointing if STREAMING is NOT EXISTENT :priceless:

clearly the 20M buyers of the album, are not spam streamers or are deranged enough to do fan streaming :priceless: 

200k pure sales with just 1 tv promo days before release, is beyond impressive

3 minutes ago, Buffy said:

Well I guess it’s just too bad that’s not the fictional reality we live in huh? Taylor is going to release consistently every year or every other year. Must be hard for some to swallow that much success while waiting for their fave to release every 5 years. Imagine getting older and older. Adele reminds her fans how old they’re getting while Taylor is consistently nourishing and gifting her fans. I guess not everyone can write multiple chart breaking albums within a short time span. Truly the artist of our generation and the music industry.

Adele isnt milking 10 years out of few months of relationship,

if she is really satisfied with her work and has dignity in her creation, perhaps she wont be discounting an already discounted single. 

nothing much older than staying bitter longer than your relationship existed. 

11 minutes ago, Bey Admired said:

I don’t engage with intellectually dishonest nonsense, which this post is full of. 

You know what you’re doing. I don’t believe for one second that you think 200k pure second week is “disappointing”. Pure bait. 

No, I genuinely was expecting bigger numbers from Adele. Especially in its first week...

You sound so bothered over me making a simple observation of Adele's decline. It's not that serious, she's still doing good but I guess I held her to a higher standard. :rip: 

6 minutes ago, supertiffany said:

if she is really satisfied with her work and has dignity in her creation, perhaps she wont be discounting an already discounted single. 

Oh honey... Taylor doesn’t care what you or her exes think. She writes music from the heart and how she felt within that moment in time. Then she releases it. That’s how making albums work. You create. You release. What a concept right?

She’s also no longer bitter about her relationships. You’re the one taking it more personally than her :bibliahh:  

The fact that her music has this much longevity clearly demonstrates the quality of her work and people still consume it daily because her lyrics are relatable. Imagine a 9-year old re-recorded song contending and dethroning Adele. Must be painful to see an artist’s work withstand the test of time and the people’s interests. 

11 hours ago, Agenor said:

Bundling with digital downloads ended on August 6th, but bundling albums with concert tickets ended on October 9th.

https://pressfrom.info/ca/news/entertainment/-280940-here-s-when-billboard-s-new-bundle-banning-chart-rules-will-go-into-effect.html

Thank you for the clarification!

For what its worth, I wish BB hadn't discontinued the practices. This brought fans to actually BUY the albums instead of just streaming them. 

Holy **** Phil Spector Xmas for album is high 

can it reach a new peak :eek: maybe it already did :jonny2:

1 hour ago, Robyn. said:

Obviously, they're still solid numbers for any artist in general. But that doesn't take away the massive decline from the biggest album seller of the 10s.

Not solid, amazing. The only female abum to +200k on its 2nd week in the last 4 years. Thoughts?

I just don’t know these adele numbers can be painted as anything other than disappointing. Even after Black Friday was over I still saw shelves full of vinyls and CDs in different stores so they were obviously expecting higher amounts. With the diminishing returns of physical sales and the sea not doing well it’ll probably be only doing around 100k total in a couple weeks when 25 was still pulling a million :psyduck:

8 minutes ago, Katamari said:

Holy **** Phil Spector Xmas for album is high 

can it reach a new peak :eek: maybe it already did :jonny2:

Wowow a convicted murderer climbing the charts! Wonder why nobody seems to care?

1 minute ago, Redstreak said:

I just don’t know these adele numbers can be painted as anything other than disappointing. Even after Black Friday was over I still saw shelves full of vinyls and CDs in different stores so they were obviously expecting higher amounts. With the diminishing returns of physical sales and the sea not doing well it’ll probably be only doing around 100k total in a couple weeks when 25 was still pulling a million :psyduck:

I don't understand how you continue to use 25 as a comparison. 

1 minute ago, Yuanyu said:

I don't understand how you continue to use 25 as a comparison. 

Because it’s the last album she released?

Just now, Redstreak said:

But 25 was an anormaly on the market, INSANE hype, coming from one of the biggest albums of all time and a better climate for album sales. Yeah maybe her label expected more sales but to say 260k on its second week is disappointing or terrible as some people have mentioned here is beyond ridiculous, especially when one else is pulling those numbers...

Not bad for a “flop era”. 

As I said before, Adele will be fine in the long run. 

9 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

Wowow a convicted murderer climbing the charts! Wonder why nobody seems to care?

Well he didn’t sing any of it he just produced 

still a beloved Xmas album full of classic. Or should we not listen to sleigh ride :deadbanana:

Just now, Katamari said:

Well he didn’t sing any of it he just produced 

still a beloved Xmas album full of classic. Or should we not listen to sleigh ride :deadbanana:

Up to you. I got no problem with it

2 hours ago, Robyn. said:

Disappointing numbers from Adele... She's doing 160k more than a re-recorded album from nearly 10 years ago... :rip: 

Obviously, they're still solid numbers for any artist in general. But that doesn't take away the massive decline from the biggest album seller of the 10s.

Basically this :cm:

19 hours ago, Hunter_13 said:

RedTV doing 100k 3rd week, a smash re-recording. Fearless couldn't.  :jonny:

imagine 1989 :deadbanana4:

11 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Then lets compare

reputation vs 1989

Evermore vs Folklore

Scoripion vs CLB

1 hour ago, supertiffany said:

have some self respect and keep it cute

the constant bitching is getting annoying

thank you :heart2:

why is it so hard to understand that these numbers are disappointing and underwhelming for ADELE :celestial5: no matter how hard some of y'all try to spin it

8 hours ago, Khal said:

And one member saying "we won" on the 1st page as if their fave\s numbers will help their life meaningfully :clown: 

it's like back in the 90's instead of the Madonna/Mariah/Janet stans fighting, it's the Celine Dion/Enya stans fighting over A Brand New Day vs. Orinoco Flow and clogging up 24 pages.

30 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

Not solid, amazing. The only female abum to +200k on its 2nd week in the last 4 years. Thoughts?

:clap3::clap3:

the way that 200k PURE SALES in 2nd week during the streaming era, is blinding them :bibliahh:

22 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

But 25 was an anormaly on the market, INSANE hype, coming from one of the biggest albums of all time and a better climate for album sales. Yeah maybe her label expected more sales but to say 260k on its second week is disappointing or terrible as some people have mentioned here is beyond ridiculous, especially when one else is pulling those numbers...

Because we’re looking at the artist who did it. The same reason Gaga’s drop from BTW to ARTPOP is disappointing and why if Taylor’s next brand new album opens with like 250k would be disappointing

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.