• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brando

• Headlock

• georgechxng

• wastedpotential

2 minutes ago, gloamingtheplain said:

Taylor, however, literally used every tactic available to her and STOPPED only when they didn’t count for Billboard. 

This took me out, idk why but that's so funny :bibliahh:

@Taylor fans 

Just because you’re delusional and obsessed with Taylor to the extent that you like her and ONLY her does not mean everyone is held to that standard. 

I own every Adele album ffs. The hell are you guys on? :ahh: 

Edited by Gaia

7 minutes ago, gloamingtheplain said:

Adele is doing the same as what everyone else is doing to sell their album. Not a thing more or less. Everyone offers on cassette, vinyl and a deluxe as standard.

Taylor, however, literally used every tactic available to her and STOPPED only when they didn’t count for Billboard. 

If it wasn’t an attempt to get fans to buy multiple copies why did she stop the second billboard made them ineligible? :gaycat6: 

Questions with known answers, wbk. 

But tbh, if your fan base is willing to buy multiple copies I don’t see the issue myself. Taylor has a huge hold on her fan base who are super loyal, I don’t see the issue. 

But Taylor made her intentions clear when she gave it all up after Billboard changed their rules. 

Adele isn’t doing anything more than what is standard. 

You doing all of this when I was fully being sarcastic to make a point :gaycat6:

9 minutes ago, gloamingtheplain said:

If it wasn’t an attempt to get fans to buy multiple copies why did she stop the second billboard made them ineligible? :gaycat6: 

8 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

This took me out, idk why but that's so funny :bibliahh:

She didn’t stop making multiple editions because they wouldn’t count, she stopped because they would only count when they shipped and it takes too long to manufacture that in time. Everything Taylor “used to do” is still allowed, Lana Del Rey literally did exactly that for Chemtrails :gaycat6:

11 minutes ago, Gaia said:

This high school mentality as if people can’t like multiple artists. Grow up :rip: 

Virtual_Insanity literally is a KatyKat troll though, they’ve already hid behind BTS and Billie just this year to spite Olivia, and they’re doing it now with Adele :toofunny2:

all the other stans trying to ignite the Taylor stans... make it make sense.

Taylor has always been above Adele commercially in the US. 21 and 25 selling 13 and 15M there is a nil argument, not when Taylor's 2nd to 5th eras have all sold at least 7M pure in the U.S, with 2 10M+ sellers.

Taylor started selling 10M pure before even Adele debuted lets not have this conversation.

OT: still the BIGGEST post bundles era debut, a SMASH!

44 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

No it isnt just like a deluxe version. It is a completely re recorded and released never before released version of the album. So it is not a re release, hence it is charting and counting a a completely seperate entity, which was the whole point of her re recording it in the first place.  And she promoted it like a brand new album. These re recording have had two years of constant hype. 

Isnt Adele album has a 6 years hype lol.

The whole thing is so bizarre that a re-record pulling 600k 1st week and still getting dragged like who else does that? Not even Adele. 

chiliam

39 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Taylor had 16 editions of Folklore and 16 songs counting for streaming. 

Adele has 1 edition and 12 songs counting for streaming. 

There is an obvious difference. 

What does number of songs have to do with it when SOUR only has 11 and outstreamed? 

Adele had a TV special with 10 million views and has the most played song in the country across many radio formats. There is an obvious difference indeed! 

And again, my question is why is it so offensive for Taylor to be considered as successful/on the same level as Adele?

12 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Virtual_Insanity literally is a KatyKat troll though, they’ve already hid behind BTS and Billie just this year to spite Olivia, and they’re doing it now with Adele :toofunny2:

I’m not saying some people aren’t hiding behind her, but acting like ANYONE who likes Adele and another artist is a fake stan only using her for her success is :doc: 

Part of this issue is Taylor fans having a victim complex. So obsessed with the idea that Taylor is #1 that they now think anyone who thinks otherwise is a fake Adele stan hiding behind her who secretly Stan’s some flop :deadbanana2:

Im not a “stan” of Adele because she doesn’t release music enough. But I do love her as an artist and own all of her albums and will continue to look forward to her music as long as she releases it. This toxic mentality Swifties have right now is deranged honestly. 

Edited by Gaia

this is the worst thread I've had the displeasure of browsing through in a long time

10 minutes ago, Mudkip said:

this is the worst thread I've had the displeasure of browsing through in a long time

Same. The fact the Swifties ran in here and made it the Taylor thread showed the insecurities ATRL has over 1 artist :rip:

This is funny considering we just had the Britney/ Xtina thread which was bad but not like this 3 days ago.

58 minutes ago, TaylorFantasy said:

The anger :juanny:

Most of us just got one copy and go. You can mass buy a single but you can't mass buy CDs or $50 vinyls.

And weren't we talking about commercial power? Now you're bringing up "gP p0WeR" (wtf is that) as if Taylor isn't also a GP darling like her songs aren't going viral every other month. Also Taylor still has much more monthly listeners than most artists (including BTS) so I'm not sure what you're implying there.

Like honestly, the "GP" is such a dumb, meaningless term. Why is your coworker Linda who took her soccer mom friends in her minivan to buy copies of 30 at Target worth more as a consumer than a typical terminally online fangirl who streamed and bought Red TV the night it came out? It's so subjective. Just go by daily Spotify listeners if you're going to bring that up :devil:

2 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

Same. The fact the Swifties ran in here and made it the Taylor thread showed the insecurities ATRL has over 1 artist :rip:

they keep calling it an underperformance but the fact still stands that adele outsold in three days. even if it's low sales for adele's standards it'd be considered a monumental achievement for LITERALLY anybody else

i wonder how sales wouldve been had she stuck to keeping it off streaming for, say, the first week. i think the acclaim it's been getting by reviewers would've been enough to convince people to dust off their cd players

Y’all are UNHINGED in here :deadbanana: Please go outside and stop worrying about the two biggest artists in modern music history. Hurricane Adele and the Music Industry are unbothered with their #1 debuts back to back. 

44 minutes ago, Dingdong123 said:

Virtual_Insanity is basically a delulu trolling at this point. Don’t give attention

40 minutes ago, Toxicity. said:

Just so we’re clear. Virtual Insanity is a Katy Cat and Gaia is an Ariana stan :skull: so you guys don’t think you’re arguing with actual Adele fans. 

:ahh: Literally this. Swifities and Adele fans need to stop fighting cuz we literally the two biggest artists on the planet. 

2 minutes ago, Mudkip said:

they keep calling it an underperformance but the fact still stands that adele outsold in three days. even if it's low sales for adele's standards it'd be considered a monumental achievement for LITERALLY anybody else

i wonder how sales wouldve been had she stuck to keeping it off streaming for, say, the first week. i think the acclaim it's been getting by reviewers would've been enough to convince people to dust off their cd players

That would've been a STATEMENT. Numbers would've probably been the same but it would've been crazy to see 830K pure on the prediction :rip:

13 minutes ago, Mudkip said:

Agreed.

10 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

This is funny considering we just had the Britney/ Xtina thread which was bad but not like this 3 days ago.

its BOTH sides, and honestly it’s people outside of both fanbases :rip: 

18 minutes ago, FAN said:

What does number of songs have to do with it when SOUR only has 11 and outstreamed? 

Adele had a TV special with 10 million views and has the most played song in the country across many radio formats. There is an obvious difference indeed! 

And again, my question is why is it so offensive for Taylor to be considered as successful/on the same level as Adele?

:deadbanana2:this clocking 

5 minutes ago, Butters said:

Like honestly, the "GP" is such a dumb, meaningless term. Why is your coworker Linda who took her soccer mom friends in her minivan to buy copies of 30 at Target worth more as a consumer than a typical terminally online fangirl who streamed and bought Red TV the night it came out? It's so subjective. Just go by daily Spotify listeners if you're going to bring that up :devil:

I could never understand stans of artists without large fanbase :skull: Even when BTS are the IFPI #1 artist they're dismissing their sales as if the sales from stans just don't count. I'm pretty sure their faves would kill to have BTS or Taylor's fanbase :rip: The GP is fickle, diehard fans not so much.

---

Red TV's hold :party:

Yall really out here going back and fort with Ariana, Gaga, Camila and Katy stans :dies:

The poor souls keep talking bout Taylor's success being solely fan driven and saying it's the same as BTS. 

Have yall not seen Taylors filtration streams lately?!? :rip:

OT: Anyway the numbers are great but I just know the Adele october born stans are in shambles and in disbelief. Theyve been promising us that she would OBLITERATE Taylor's numbers only for it pull 200k more than a rerecording :toofunny2:

Edited by JawBreaker

Taylor Stan’s in here circle jerking themselves when everyone else has the same consensus :ahh: 

2 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Agreed.

its BOTH sides, and honestly it’s people outside of both fanbases :rip: 

Pretty much, people were pegging this dumb comparison fight  since we were waiting for the numbers yesterday. I wished Adele pulls something shady last minute ( like signed cds and letters or some crap) and push this to 1 million so everyone can just shut up..

1 minute ago, Gaia said:

Taylor Stan’s in here circle jerking themselves when everyone else has the same consensus :ahh: 

Taylor stans are a huge majority of the people saying Adele’s numbers are great also :rip: our fanbase is just taking the fall for EVERYONE who is saying Adele is having a decline, whether they’re a swiftie or not.

53 minutes ago, gloamingtheplain said:

Idk what’s so hard to grasp. 

People steamed Easy on Me because it was the only way to listen to the track, but now people own the physical copies (500k in the US alone might I add) they’re listening to their physical copies :rip: 

Adele is actually converting people who streamed Easy on Me into buying the album over streaming it, no one else has that power right now, Taylor doesn’t even come close. 

Taylor doesn’t come close to Folklore numbers?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.