• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brando

• Headlock

• georgechxng

• wastedpotential

2 minutes ago, dylanx said:

with that kind of decline (-2.5m) it's kinda impossible to represent visually :skull:

And the +3m rise isn’t? :deadbanana:

11 minutes ago, Immaculate said:

It's giving ATRL's logic in a gif 

Fadele.webp

I love this :dies:

9 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

She did have signed CDs both in the US and the UK and I wouldn't say that a +220k difference is "small" :deadbanana2:

Folklore was the perfect storm for Taylor in terms of hype + new content (although RedTV also had similar hype with the Jake Gyllenhall drama + ATW) and even then, she wouldn't have done over 800k if it wasn't for bundles.

I truly don't see her doing over +650k in pure sales and 800k overall for TS10 unless something big happens like her and Joe breaking up and the album revolving around that.

I don't know, it's just weird that swifties will claim that Folklore is Taylor's third "peak" and yet are dragging Adele for her numbers when she will likely outsell and outstream it at the end of the day.

You’re so misogynist it honestly disgusts me. Taylor doesn’t sell because of “dramas”, she does because people connect with her music and she is a great songwriter, stop trying to belittle hard-working women’s achievements just because you hate to see Taylor smash :doc:

20 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

I still have faith in 900k :dancehall:

11 albums compared to 3 albums  :skull:

Fearless + Red + 1989 have as much sales as 19 + 21 +25 in US? 

You are saying this like they have same amount of units when Taylor has 2x units in US. 

13 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

I don't know, it's just weird that swifties will claim that Folklore is Taylor's third "peak" and yet are dragging Adele for her numbers when she will likely outsell and outstream it at the end of the day.

Based on what? :rip:

14 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

She did have signed CDs both in the US and the UK and I wouldn't say that a +220k difference is "small" :deadbanana2:

Folklore was the perfect storm for Taylor in terms of hype + new content (although RedTV also had similar hype with the Jake Gyllenhall drama + ATW) and even then, she wouldn't have done over 800k if it wasn't for bundles.

I truly don't see her doing over +650k in pure sales and 800k overall for TS10 unless something big happens like her and Joe breaking up and the album revolving around that.

comparable =/= small 

Just now, VenusFly said:

You’re so misogynist it honestly disgusts me. Taylor doesn’t sell because of “dramas”, she does because people connect with her music and she is a great songwriter, stop trying to belittle hard-working women’s achievements just because you hate to see Taylor smash :doc:

There goes the swifties with the victimization again. It's not a matter of her selling her "dramas", don't twist my words. It's just that there's a really big media/public interest surrounding her relationships so yeah call me misogynist for thinking that a break up album about her current relationship would create a lot of hype :rip: (that isn't even a bad thing), LOL.

13 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Based on what? :rip:

Based on the fact that Adele is stronger in pures and she also has a smash hit (EOM) that will pull off streams for a long time and count for SEA units :skull:

Edited by georgechxng

NOT but TAYLOR!!! 'Excuses' OUT OF NOWHERE AGAIN

TAY KEEPING HATERS PRESSED:jonny5::gaygacat4:

Anyway, what I can say is Adele needs to be careful for A5. At this rate it seems like her hype in the music industry is slowing down

22 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

???

Yes, I am because you and other swifties do in fact cause Drama, so I’m puzzled why the “???” since your always so quick to quote my comments, trying to start drama again, MOVE ON! 

Edited by Yog

1 minute ago, georgechxng said:

There goes the swifties with the victimization again. It's not a matter of her selling her "dramas", don't twist my words. It's just that there's a really big media/public interest surrounding her relationships so yeah call me misogynist for thinking that a break up album about her current relationship would create a lot of hype :rip: (that isn't even a bad thing), LOL.

Of course it’s, you’re literally trying to diminish her direct involvement in her success as if it was a product of matters completely irrelevant to the quality of the music and it’s so funny to read someone say that after she has released folklore and evermore which are unrelated to her personal life and still smashed, like what is not clicking? Please, if a relationship that happened a decade ago is making her music smash in 2021, then I’ve seen it all :bibliahh: and for you to suggest that the only way for her to succeed now is breaking up with her boyfriend… I won’t even get into that.

54 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

Based on the fact that Adele is stronger in pures and she also has a smash hit (EOM) that will pull off streams for a long time and count for SEA units :skull:

In 2021, pure sales are pretty frontloaded and looking at last few day streams, if EOM pulling huge streams for whole album was any type of indicator... 

And yes, 30 won't struggle to do Folklore numbers but the thing is, Taylor did that 3 times in the last few years with Reputation, Lover and Folklore back to back which is very impressive but somehow you are trying to drag Folklore's numbers with nonsencial excuses as if it was available in Targets and Walmarts due to global pandemic which was a huge disadvantage in its case. 

Acting like her new album won't have Red TVs hype is something else... 

46 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

Adele is really the music industry:jonny5:

:celestial6:

Edited by Artistofthedecade

Really hope the majority of insane swifties in this thread are under the age of 13, because if not, it’s super embarassing. Imagine your employer or personal friends reading some of these posts nnnnnnn 

15 minutes ago, Starchild said:

Your so mad your now saying it’s the males in her life that have sustained her sales for 16 years? Get a grip, that’s like saying we should thank the man Adele wrote about since there would be no 21 without him or 30 because of her divorce “THank U SimOn KonEcki”:isudumblmao:is what you sound like

The difference is Taylor makes her music about well known men and makes it very obvious it’s about them + dramatizes it.

Adele makes her music about unknown men to the public and doesn’t make that the center of her era. 

The fact that people can name like 4-5 of Taylor’s Exs isn’t a good thing. Hardly anyone knows who Adele has dated or married :toofunny3:

Just now, VenusFly said:

Of course it’s, you’re literally trying to diminish her direct involvement in her success as if it was a product of matters completely irrelevant to the quality of the music and it’s so funny to read someone say that after she has released folklore and evermore which are unrelated to her personal life and still smashed, like what is not clicking? Please, if a relationship that happened a decade ago is making her music smash in 2021, then I’ve seen it all :bibliahh: and for you to suggest that the only way for her to succeed now is breaking up with her boyfriend… I won’t even get into that.

Again, learn how to read :bibliahh:I never said any of that, LOL. y'all need to stop twisting stuff to play the victim.

1 minute ago, georgechxng said:

Again, learn how to read :bibliahh:I never said any of that, LOL. y'all need to stop twisting stuff to play the victim.

Just ignore them babes

Adele remains the biggest artist right now by effortlessly doing big numbers like that:cm:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.