? PLATINUM HIT 10.5 ? Farewell pg.220 / Grammys pg.221 ?

fountain

6 minutes ago, Hug said:

@UFO Love the word play on 'magic tricks' :gaycat4: Your whole song is aesthetic, really!

Thank you sis! :gaycat4:  :heart2: aklfjasklgd tbh the fact that I used "tricks" as a verb instead of a noun is the best part of my song  :deadbanana2:  :fan:  

Y'all thought I would be basic and write a song like "His magic tricks make me wanna disappear, into his magic tricks where impossibility is what I fear" 

y'all THOUGHT.

omg when you're scalped by your own songwriting skills and it's just too much hhh ! *orgasm*

IJxtIvu.gif

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• ceremonials

• Hug

• SaintWest

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Hug said:

Fun fact: My birthday is on the 4th of July. song is about me confirmed?

Hmmmm Sufjan or Mariah tho? Both are classics! :confused: 

8 minutes ago, keshaspearsxo said:

Not when I'm going back to competing next season too. Me and you, the original petty bitches, at once. PH11 ain't ready, especially for my inevitable underwhelming attempt at a comeback 

IJxtIvu.gif

you're competing next season? :deadbanana: what kind of season lineup already :deadbanana:

9 minutes ago, keshaspearsxo said:

Not when I'm going back to competing next season too. Me and you, the original petty bitches, at once. PH11 ain't ready, especially for my inevitable underwhelming attempt at a comeback 

IJxtIvu.gif

"the original petty bitches" um speak for yourself HOE :biblio:  :fan:

but I will GAG when you try to "comeback" next season expecting a @Swish Swish -type slayage and instead you get eliminated the round AFTER the comeback round :ahh:  :toofunny2:  whew! I can't wait for that.

IJxtIvu.gif

after this peaceful "let's all be best friends and fart rainbows" season, PH11 will be a MESS :jonny:

Edited by UFO

I know I said this last season but I'm sashaying away for a season at least come this Fall. I'm gonna be traveling my ass off so I won't have time to anyways :katie2: 

+ I'm overexposed af, a Taylor-1989 tea

4 minutes ago, SaintWest said:

you're competing next season? :deadbanana: what kind of season lineup already :deadbanana:

I'm not really that much of a threat really, honestly the way I weaselled my way into becoming a judge and then a host is the ultimate scam in history quite frankly 

2 minutes ago, UFO said:

"the original petty bitches" um speak for yourself HOE :biblio:  :fan:

but I will GAG when you try to "comeback" next season expecting a @Swish Swish -type slayage and instead you get eliminated the round AFTER the comeback round :ahh:  :toofunny2:  whew! I can't wait for that.

IJxtIvu.gif

after this peaceful "let's all be best friends and fart rainbows" season, PH11 will be a MESS :jonny:

Um you KNOW we were that. The bitching pms. I can't. We've grown

excuse me, but Jackson is keeping the comeback system that I implemented last season (rightfully so) so I can confirm that will NOT happen

however I will be lucky to make it half way lbr :cm:

2 minutes ago, Temporal said:

I know I said this last season but I'm sashaying away for a season at least come this Fall. I'm gonna be traveling my ass off so I won't have time to anyways :katie2: 

And I wasn't gonna offer you a job either way 

On a positive note @FCKNAmbrosia song (which was a sequel to The Louvre by Lorde) made me stan for the original and finally see the hype for Melodrama 

2 minutes ago, Swish Swish said:

Why on earth have you not changed your username back yet

2 minutes ago, Temporal said:

We'll miss you sis! :weeps:  :heart2: have fun

Your wings caught in my cage, I don't want you to fly from the nest

But I let you go, I birth you into the arms of darkness.... :'(

IJxtIvu.gif

4 minutes ago, keshaspearsxo said:

Um you KNOW we were that. The bitching pms. I can't. We've grown

excuse me, but Jackson is keeping the comeback system that I implemented last season (rightfully so) so I can confirm that will NOT happen

however I will be lucky to make it half way lbr :cm:

fffffffffffffffff we used to be so pretentious! :ahh:  :toofunny2:  :eddie: I need @ausdaniel to compete next season too akslfjalksg

IJxtIvu.gif

omg wait yas. I forgot about the new comeback system aljfsalkga and yas, you would be lucky to make it half way :cm:  not everyone can say they've made the Top 6 in every season of Platinum (not Diamond hihi) Hit they've competed in :gaycat4:  :fan: I've never reached the finale but my longevity is legendary :alexz::weeps:   it's the only thing I have left klgdjkalj

and yaaaas Jackson is hosting, the best PH host besides you of course :duca::duca:

Just now, Gastrodonatella said:

i mean girl nobody said ur required to feel the same way as us but you're saying we need to subscribe to your definition of art, which is that it's about making people feel what you're feeling. arts in the eye of the beholder, and art is also self expression. art unifies people and also divides people. its literally ANYTHING. we don't have to use your definition of art just like you don't have to feel the same way about his work.

You wouldn't have written that whole paragraph if you didn't expect me to feel a certain way about the song, but whatever.

2 minutes ago, Gastrodonatella said:

anyway the point of the story wasn't that it lasted a single day, it was that that single day was becoming the norm. that every day they felt that looming threat, that crumbling, that decay, that quality of life dwindling. and you DID learn a lot about hug as a person, if you chose to read between the lines. you learned that he can see through peoples disguised emotions, that they're hurting, and you learned that he would rather bear the brunt of his pain and emotions rather than talk about it to somebody who's in a worse position because he's too afraid he'll bring them down further by making them worry about him. you learned that he's resilient enough to survive this type of burden he placed upon himself. 

You're completely grasping at straws here. The song literally starts with "I remember a night". Not plural. Singular. The full context may have been that spiraling down, but the song itself does not detail that. You didn't learn that he can see through "disguised emotions" because he saw his mother crying. If he hadn't seen that but saw her smiling and knew she was sad, that would've been a characteristic, but that's not what happened. However, I will give you the bolded. That was something that came through for sure, and one of the aspects of the song that I appreciated.

2 minutes ago, Gastrodonatella said:

as far as reserved goes, it's hard with you because sometimes you drag people for being too technical and not immersive (jackson), too prim with their rhymes (everybody), and too vague, but also drag people for being too blunt, improper with their techniques, using slant rhymes (and even then you're not consistent with those, how'd you let me use swim/them without a peep). so in general this part is entirely subjective and also particularly subjective with you. 

Congratulations, you discovered that critique is subjective, while also completely missing how different songs will elicit different complaints! I could say that one singer too flat and call another sharp without those things being in conflict. I could also call the same singer flat at one point, and sharp at another. Again, not in conflict. I understand why that can be frustrating for some people, but critique is both difficult to receive and difficult to give.

1 minute ago, Swish Swish said:

Girl I know :skull: 

I lowkey love how most of Pears' review of my song is ha dragging Roulette and Katy Perry

when you pick a song with below average lyrics to write a sequel to so your song will always look better than the original

mission accomplished! :alexz3:  :heart2: :fan:

mpDMGCq.gif

I'm a strategic GENIUS ddddd, I'm excited for next round

please make it a good one xo

Edited by UFO

1 minute ago, Temporal said:

You wouldn't have written that whole paragraph if you didn't expect me to feel a certain way about the song, but whatever.

You're completely grasping at straws here. The song literally starts with "I remember a night". Not plural. Singular. The full context may have been that spiraling down, but the song itself does not detail that. You didn't learn that he can see through "disguised emotions" because he saw his mother crying. If he hadn't seen that but saw her smiling and knew she was sad, that would've been a characteristic, but that's not what happened. However, I will give you the bolded. That was something that came through for sure, and one of the aspects of the song that I appreciated.

Congratulations, you discovered that critique is subjective, while also completely missing how different songs will elicit different complaints! I could say that one singer too flat and call another sharp without those things being in conflict. I could also call the same singer flat at one point, and sharp at another. Again, not in conflict. I understand why that can be frustrating for some people, but critique is both difficult to receive and difficult to give.

a CLAPBACK :clap3:

omg I hate posting sometimes cause I feel like I can never post everything that's on my mind but then when I do I get annoyed because my post ends up being five paragraphs long and I know no one will read so what's the point? :emofish:  :skull:  literally me when I write my songs

but tbh! I'm REALLY proud of myself this season. I've managed to stay pretty consistent, earn myself a #1 song, deliver new subject matters each week, serve aesthetic each week, kept my songs reasonably short (this has always been a problem of mine), taken all of the judges' feedback into consideration and not caused any drama. The GROWTH

LkDAPNs.gif?1

1 month until Lana releases her album. ugh. it will leak anyway. release it now bitch

6 minutes ago, UFO said:

I'm excited for next round

please make it a good one xo

Platinum Hit is not Platinum HIT without the essays. Whew! let me grab some popcorn and read IT

Thank you Temporal for spicing this thread up. I smell a little paprika, maybe some cayenne pepper and a LOT of garlic :eatpopcorn:

qTCfKAF.gif.f515b9cb5403bc2e8b9513cf7559

screaming @ Hug bringing the punch and the cookies for everyone  and leaving the building like that

but come thru Gastrodonatella with the guacamole :duca::duca:

ffff I LIVE

and now I'm hungry, **** !

qTCfKAF.gif.f515b9cb5403bc2e8b9513cf7559

4 minutes ago, UFO said:

I smell a little paprika, maybe some cayenne pepper and a LOT of garlic :eatpopcorn:

Actually that's just me

Just now, keshaspearsxo said:

Actually that's just me

Bitch :ahh:  :ahh: 

I was wondering why it smelled a little fishy :skull:

shfLE7F.gif