Adele breaks Spotify record

Godele

2 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

God. Can we move on and talk about other chart topics that do not involve useless comparisons with other artists?

Like, how many streams do you think the album will get first day? Considering it only has 12 tracks

That depends on whether all of 30 is available right away or if she limits listeners download/streaming to just Easy On Me, as was the case with 25 & Hello, or she gives more upfront access. If I were Adele, I would limit streams & downloads to 1 song at a time. But thats for her to decide.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lostcause

• Protocol

• WildHeart

• supertiffany

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, PopFan1996 said:

around 200M I am guessing

Now that's impossible.

My guess would be ~120M

T1 - 14M

Easy On Me - 14M

T3 - 14M

T4, 5 , 6- 12M

T7 to T11 - 10M

T12 - 9M 

Just now, brianc33710 said:

That depends on whether all of 30 is available right away or if she limits listeners download/streaming to just Easy On Me, as was the case with 25 & Hello, or she gives more upfront access. If I were Adele, I would limit streams & downloads to 1 song at a time. But thats for her to decide.

She said it would be available for streaming since day 1 on Vogue. 

48 minutes ago, spree said:

What a dumb comment. The Beatles would dwarf Adele in anything. 

It was clearly a joke :rip:. And it ain’t that serious kiddo sit down. 

OT: No Spotify deal :clap3:

10 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

Now that's impossible.

My guess would be ~120M

T1 - 14M

Easy On Me - 14M

T3 - 14M

T4, 5 , 6- 12M

T7 to T11 - 10M

T12 - 9M 

She said it would be available for streaming since day 1 on Vogue. 

I hadn't heard that. Thanks for letting me know.

2 hours ago, lostcause said:

Except she won’t be taken down by accusations of pedophilia, constant controversy, insane plastic surgery and all around crazy out of touch behavior that turned Michael into a tabloid laughing stock by the early 90s before HIStory was  released. 
Adeles power won’t slow down I fear. Sucks for stat and chart obsessed stans of other artists :toofunny2:.

kinda uncalled for since we were talking about success :rip: a laughing stock to the media and was still outgrossing and outselling acts with careers half as long as his. If Adele can do that when the time comes then maybe we can compare, and I love her more than i do Michael.

2 minutes ago, GreatestLoveofAll said:

kinda uncalled for since we were talking about success :rip: a laughing stock to the media and was still outgrossing and outselling acts with careers half as long as his. If Adele can do that when the time comes then maybe we can compare, and I love her more than i do Michael.

Not uncalled for because that is literally why he had such a sharp decline after dangerous. The person I was responding to was joking her next album would be her HIStory, and I’m simply explaining that Adele, most likely, won’t experience the same fate so there is no reason to believe she would  have the same career trajectory.

23 minutes ago, lostcause said:

Not uncalled for because that is literally why he had such a sharp decline after dangerous. The person I was responding to was joking her next album would be her HIStory, and I’m simply explaining that Adele, most likely, won’t experience the same fate so there is no reason to believe she would  have the same career trajectory.

Sharp decline? Dangerous sold around 18-20 million (whereas Dangerous did like 32 million so the drop wasnt that crazy) despite it not being either a full studio album or greatest hits/compilation and poor US reception. It had two worldwide smashes, one of the biggest tours of its year. Adele can definitely have such a career trajectory and it will not be cause of a scandal even- all of the massive hitmakers have gone through it one way or another, controversy/personal messes or not. 

4 hours ago, Steve Johnson said:

@GAGAISTHEBESTYA Where are those Aria*ators and other trolls who were throwing shade at her earlier ? 

OT: Coming for 20 million+ 

Lmaooooo im crying

deserved :clap3:

id rather her have this record than a male artist 

also can y’all stfu about Taylor goddamn the obsession :skull:

Edited by Taylucifer

ThingZ you do when you’re the music industry 

10 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

It's funny to me how during her absence everyone was like

Drake the music industry!

Taylor Swift the music indystry!

BTS the music industry!

and it's all false, it's just Adele, nobody touches her :dies:

She will be the music industry when she releases a self written album.:'(

OT: Most of us knew this would happen. Let's wait for the longevity too!

7 hours ago, abrahamjmr said:

I don't get why whenever Adele releases, the Taylor comparisons come around. They're both the biggest female artists out there. They have been for over a decade alongside the likes of Beyoncé and Rihanna.

There is no need to argue about who's grossed more, who's done more, etc. Let's enjoy the way they're feeding us. 

this and they all act like swifties dont know adele is miles above taylor in terms of sales they just need use someone that can outsell taylor to attack her (so only when adele releases)

queen:clap3:i think she will break all the spotify records

Watch the spotify counter break (like in previous big releases) and we won't get an actual update until tomorrow :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, Ribs said:

The real interesting part will be watching her longevity.

'Yeah of course after doubting her debut and now after she broke all the records in her debut y'all will doubt her longevity.. :ahh:

18 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

'Yeah of course after doubting her debut and now after she broke all the records in her debut y'all will doubt her longevity.. :ahh:

Exactly. Why is there people throwing shade on her success. 

this is amazing! Such a nice comeback song 

47 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

I didn't say I doubt it, I said it will be interesting to see her longevity :deadbanana4:

11 hours ago, Protocol said:

Off the Wall = 19

Thriller = 21

Bad = 25

Dangerous = 30

HIStory = next album

British%20singer%20Adele%20as%20Michael%

So... Adele has one more album to release after 30 before she bombs with her Invincible? :eli:

12 hours ago, Shelter said:

Taylor fans still delusional thinking she is close to Adele. She isn’t  :fan: Adele doesn’t even try in the way Taylor does to sell her music, she just sells. 

Taylor’s recent videos 

Cardigan - 95 million 

Willow - 90 million 

Adele is already at 40 million after a day. :deadbanana4: 

THIS!!

swifites forget that their fav scams everyone with discounting her discounts, 50 remixes while Adele hardly tries 

13 hours ago, Orsay said:

No her success will be reflected in the most RELEVANT market which can't be so easily manipulated: streaming! :1stplace: 

No overseas millionaire funds or desperate tactics needed!

Let’s see if she can stay #1 for 10 weeks. :eatpopcorn:

12 hours ago, lostcause said:

That’s why “the industry” signed Adele to the biggest female record deal of all time. Why wasn’t Taylor’s newly signed deal comparable? 

Regardless, “the industry” valuing Adele more  is not why Adele is definitively the bigger artist. The fact that she is far bigger with the general population around the globe is why she’s bigger. A far bigger percentage of her singles become certified hits, each of her albums dwarf Taylors. 

That was before Taylor's new deal breaking the record :ahh:

It WAS comparable. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/zackomalleygreenburg/2018/11/19/taylor-swift-new-record-deal-worth-up-to-100-million-in-guarantees-universal-republic/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/inews.co.uk/culture/music/taylor-swift-record-deal-contract-big-machine-expires-new-label-213830/amp

https://tasteofcountry.com/taylor-swift-new-record-deal-negotiations/

Now asking the real question, is Adele bigger than Madonna/ most successful female artist ever since she has bigger average than Madonna? 

1 hour ago, frenchyisback said:

Let’s see if she can stay #1 for 10 weeks. :eatpopcorn:

Easy On Me is already bigger than any fraudulent #1 by BTS. BTS could spend 100 weeks at #1 and the GP would still not know the song.:rip:

9 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Did you even read the Forbes article you posted? That’s the one and only source for these unsubstantiated range and they had to issue this amendment right there at the end:

“UPDATE: a representative from Universal responded, saying, “The reporting in this article is entirely inaccurate,” but would not offer specifics.”

Looks like Forbes remains just as unreliable as when they falsely claimed Kylie Jenner was a billionaire.

Universal has NEVER released details of the deal and rather contacted Forbes to tell them the article is not correct. There is no reason they wouldn’t want all those “record breaking” headlines if the deal actually did break Adele’s record. This is why no reputable publication has spread these made up numbers, and you had to us a dailymail owned “inews” tabloid and a taste of country as “sources”. :dies:

meanwhile, Adele’s “record breaking” deal was covered by the BBC, the Guardian, fortune, Newsweek, nme and your very own Forbes, this time with no “UPDATEs” that prove the numbers are completely fabricated.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.