Adele breaks Spotify record

Godele

23 minutes ago, enchanted0 said:

only female Drake :clap3: 

Drake is closer to Taylor level. Nobody alive competes with Adele. And if 30 is at all comparable to the success of 21+25, her only peer “success” wise will be Michael Jackson, who declined after his first two smashes, and “only” had three albums in the realm we are  talking (thriller, bad, dangerous).

Adele is on a different playing field. Nobody mentioned on this site is playing with her. Where they may release hit albums, she serves albums and singles back to back that aren’t just hits, but instant classics and legendary. 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lostcause

• Protocol

• WildHeart

• supertiffany

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, selena_lavigne said:

Adele is bigger than Taylor Swift nothing new there.

Taylor has sold about 20M more CSPC units and grossed like 4x more in touring, so not quite. But if Adele released more and toured more she’d be bigger.

2 hours ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Congratulations to Adele.

Though this is a good indication that the only important thing for the gp is the artist and not the music itself. As long as you are popular, what you release will do well on streaming these days.

Easy On Me really is a safe and predictable song that sound like most of 25. I’m not surprised she’s already breaking records with it as she definitely is the biggest name in the music industry since her 21 era. 

its tru its tru

9 minutes ago, lostcause said:

Drake is closer to Taylor level. Nobody alive competes with Adele. And if 30 is at all comparable to the success of 21+25, her only peer “success” wise will be Michael Jackson, who declined after his first two smashes, and “only” had three albums in the realm we are  talking (thriller, bad, dangerous).

Adele is on a different playing field. Nobody mentioned on this site is playing with her. Where they may release hit albums, she serves albums and singles back to back that aren’t just hits, but instant classics and legendary. 

30 is her Dangerous

But it must be said Divide is only 2m CSPC lower than 25 and will eventually pass it

But the collabs album slowed down Ed’s momentum considerably so he won’t reach those heights again

Edited by Protocol

8 minutes ago, lostcause said:

They have similarities not only in success but also in decline of their music quality :giraffe:

6 minutes ago, Protocol said:

30 is her Dangerous

But it must be said Divide is only 2m CSPC lower than 25 and will eventually pass it

But the collabs album slowed down Ed’s momentum considerably so he won’t reach those heights again

I feel like Adele will do more than fine considering he has two WW smashes this era

15 minutes ago, lostcause said:

Off The Wall was a massive success too. And like Adele, Michael Jackson did not release so frequently, that's why he "only" had "three albums in the realm" as you said but his domination lasted for like 15 years

QUEEN. :ahh:

The effortlessness, I-- :jonnycat:

4 minutes ago, Sinister said:

I feel like Adele will do more than fine considering he has two WW smashes this era

Only Bad Habits is a WW smash, Shivers is only a true smash in the UK so far

It feels like Equals has a fraction of the hype Divide had tbh. And now Adele has sucked the air out of the room too. 

1 hour ago, LanaDelSex said:

i really don’t think the GP wants adele to do anything experimental, and they are fine with that (as am i tbh)

if she released albums more often i’m sure more people would be tired of it but with only three records in the last 10 years, i feel like people are happy to have more of her style of music 

You're not wrong. Ballads is what everyone expects from Adele and that's what she's releasing, all the time. Though she debuted a long time ago and has never tried anything else. She never left her comfort zone. Trying something even just slightly different wouldn't hurt her brand in my opinion.

Maybe the album will be different who knows but this first song is not indicating any change at all.

2 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

It's funny to me how during her absence everyone was like

Drake the music industry!

Taylor Swift the music indystry!

BTS the music industry!

and it's all false, it's just Adele, nobody touches her :dies:

So she’s expected to surpass Dynamite’s debut week sales? :oh:

Edited by frenchyisback

Just now, Protocol said:

Taylor has sold about 20M more CSPC units and grossed like 4x more in touring, so not quite. But if Adele released more and toured more she’d be bigger.

… Adele has 3 albums and disappears for years in between each release. Taylor swift has 9 studio albums and a re-recording, and except for one year, has never left the public spotlight through her entire 16 year career. Taylor swift has released 180 songs, Adele has released 50 songs. With only three albums Adele has sold 59.5 million albums worldwide. Over the ten albums Taylor has released, her sales are somewhere between 50 and 55 million including Fearless TV. 

Your girl can’t compete, don’t set her up and be happy for the success she does have.

7 minutes ago, Sept said:

Off The Wall was a massive success too. And like Adele, Michael Jackson did not release so frequently, that's why he "only" had "three albums in the realm" as you said but his domination lasted for like 15 years

Off the Wall = 19

Thriller = 21

Bad = 25

Dangerous = 30

HIStory = next album

British%20singer%20Adele%20as%20Michael%

will this be enough to debut in top3 in this week's hot 100?

I believe Adele’s chart run was way more impressive than Michael’s. 21 was literally on the top of the world for 2 years straight and she sold over 50 million copies with two albums released in declining market. 

1 minute ago, frenchyisback said:

So she’s expected match Dynamite’s debut week sales? :oh:

No her success will be reflected in the most RELEVANT market which can't be so easily manipulated: streaming! :1stplace: 

No overseas millionaire funds or desperate tactics needed!

5 minutes ago, lostcause said:

… Adele has 3 albums and disappears for years in between each release. Taylor swift has 9 studio albums and a re-recording, and except for one year, has never left the public spotlight through her entire 16 year career. Taylor swift has released 180 songs, Adele has released 50 songs. With only three albums Adele has sold 59.5 million albums worldwide. Over the ten albums Taylor has released, her sales are somewhere between 50 and 55 million including Fearless TV. 

Your girl can’t compete, don’t set her up and be happy for the success she does have.

Whew, this is a lot. Ok first of all, she's not "my girl", I'm just giving facts. I like them both as artists. They're both winners. Relax luv xo

Second it's not 1995 so no one cares about album sales. CSPC (or TEA+SEA, or album equivalent units, whatever you want to call it; Billboard use it, RIAA use it, HDD use it) is where we're at now. We measure success using a combination of album sales, single sales (digital + physical), and streaming. And in those terms, Taylor has in fact generated more revenue than Miss Adkins:

https://chartmasters.org/2017/10/best-selling-artists-albums-and-singles-of-all-time/18/

Like my post literally said, if Adele released more often she would be ahead so I'm not disagreeing with you.

Edited by Protocol

9 minutes ago, Sept said:

That’s why I put “only” in quotes. Because regardless of the number of smash albums, he demolished everyone else releasing yearly, much like Adele. That’s why it’s funny seeing people talking about CSPCs in this thread to pretend Ed or Taylor can touch Adele, when she has yet to release one album in the streaming era. 

8 minutes ago, Protocol said:

Only Bad Habits is a WW smash, Shivers is only a true smash in the UK so far

It feels like Equals has a fraction of the hype Divide had tbh. And now Adele has sucked the air out of the room too. 

Shivers is #1 in Germany

2 minutes ago, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

I believe Adele’s chart run was way more impressive than Michael’s. 21 was literally on the top of the world for 2 years straight and she sold over 50 million copies with two albums released in declining market. 

Thriller is still considerably bigger because the songs on it generated a massive amount of greatest hits catalog sales.

4 minutes ago, Protocol said:

Off the Wall = 19

Thriller = 21

Bad = 25

Dangerous = 30

HIStory = next album

British%20singer%20Adele%20as%20Michael%

Except she won’t be taken down by accusations of pedophilia, constant controversy, insane plastic surgery and all around crazy out of touch behavior that turned Michael into a tabloid laughing stock by the early 90s before HIStory was  released. 
Adeles power won’t slow down I fear. Sucks for stat and chart obsessed stans of other artists :toofunny2:.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.