Diversity 4: The Re-Up | Winner revealed (pg.132)

thecptz

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Tom Vercetti

• Dessy

• Kavish

Top Posters In This Topic

HdXosxm.jpg?1

(I'm also on mobile so excuse the formatting)

Miley Cyrus - Angels Like You (Vocals)

You made points on her voice x sound. It just really fits and I think this song really focused on that. It's an excellent entry.

Red Velvet - Psycho (Versatility)

This is actually my favorite RV song. It's literal perfection to me. The YouTube version adding strings and synth works well for a sort of epicness vibe. I can see why you chose this instead of the spotify version. In all, excellent presentation of their star quality. 

Taylor Swift - State of Grace (Songwriting)

Hmm, I think there could've been a stronger pick for songwriting for Taylor but it's a good enough presentation. As you noted, she is effective in building worlds and inviting the audience in. The verses and bridge are just :chefkiss: love it.

Aside that doesn't really matter: I think definitely prefer Red TV now that i relistened to a couple Scooter's version :kii2:

Tinashe - Party Favors (Dark R&B Production and Imagery)

I love that you chose to highlight this because it's really what separates Tinashe from say Ciara or Kehlani while also not going as far as to be a bit more obscure like say twigs. This is an amazing song!

This is actually pretty close for me personally. Good luck with the other judges!

BaSztoV.png

I think everyone did a great job, really tough decision for the judges :clap3: 

Miley's vocals are so good, they have their own personality, I love her rasp and this song displays it well,

the best option on PH for her vocals imo. 

Red Velvet - Psycho (Versatility)
I love your explanation of their name, I always wondered if they were just named after the cake :deadbanana2:

This song is one of the few I actually know by them and I feel like it's probably one of their best. 

This song definitely showcases Taylor's beautiful songwriting well, I feel like SoG sparkles as a standout on Red, it's one of her top tier songs for me. 

Tinashe - Party Favors (Dark R&B Production and Imagery)
I actually really agree with Dessy about this song, this is a great example of how Tinashe stands out among her peers

and experiments with sound in way similar to Twigs. Very nice choice. 

7 hours ago, Navyofbadgals said:

mildred - hate this song and it’s v overrated but it’s cute to go for a ballad. Think if you wanted to show off vocals there were many better options but you were at least right in choosing something from PH

This is all wrong besides it being a good ballad but k

Mariah Carey receives star on Hollywood Walk of Fame - ABC7 New York

OVERPROTECTED'S CRITIQUES

Spoiler

I deleted my critiques by accident but y'all did so good very proud and good luck :heart:

f059f5fb365ff54e53fa8ad76a530f9c.jpg

⸸ Kavish ⛧ Kritiques ⸸

~

@boys - Miley Cyrus – Angels Like You [Vocals]

Like "Midnight Sky", "Angels Like You" is another song that is the ideal sound for Miley as it equally compliments her style and the hoarseness in her voice, so you made the right call. Just a little tip : The advantage with writing essays is that you can edit and enhance it, but it's tricky with vocaroos. So I would advise you to rehearse before pressing the record button next time so that your selling point comes across a bit stronger (clearer and more concise).

@mokitsu - Red Velvet – Psycho [Versatility]

Being versatile is already a requirement in this game – not to mention that a case for versatility can also be built for the three other semi-finalists - so I wish that you had chosen a specific quality instead of taking this easy approach. That aside, "Psycho" is one of my favourite songs that you have sent so far. The strings set an ominous tone and the overall sound is dark and captivating, paired with a nice display of vocal ranges. Bonus since you send a video: Great visual.

@Rence - Taylor Swift – State of Grace [Songwriting]

Taylor seems to have honed her songwriting with folklore and evermore, but for the Red era standards, "State of Grace" truly showcases what she does best. Not only is it beautifully written, but the way that she manages to set the scene as well as convey her feelings and make the listener feel those emotions is impressive. The song itself is one of my favourite of hers : anthemic with a great production, and the switches keep me engaged all the way through.

@Tom Vercetti – Tinashe – Party Favors [Dark R&B Production & Imagery]

My favourite Tinashe songs that you have sent in this competition are the ones with a dark production, not only because I love that atmosphere, but because she does it wonderfully. I'm therefore glad that you chose this as her star quality. "Party Favors" is yet another gem of somber sound with sultry vocals, and an icy platform with a steamy ambiance. You explained all of that perfectly in your essay, which is one of the best written of the season.

~

eb7a6b0dbd3f106eff7996dfc9478b70.jpg

12 minutes ago, Kavish said:

Like "Midnight Sky", "Angels Like You" is another song that is the ideal sound for Miley as it equally compliments her style and the hoarseness in her voice, so you made the right call. Just a little tip : The advantage with writing essays is that you can edit and enhance it, but it's tricky with vocaroos. So I would advise you to rehearse before pressing the record button next time so that your selling point comes across a bit stronger (clearer and more concise).

I had no intention of writing an essay or preparing a speech for anything in this game tbh I was in bed and just randomly started recording cause I wasn't gonna sit up and type as I do with most things on ATRL it's just off the cuff an messy.

Now if we were talking about a $100,000 prize for winning, I'd gladly give you a 2 hour ted talk. 

Fcq76Gl.png

CRITIQUES

ROUND 15

Spoiler
8 hours ago, Navyofbadgals said:

I’m on mobile but 

mildred - hate this song and it’s v overrated but it’s cute to go for a ballad. Think if you wanted to show off vocals there were many better options but you were at least right in choosing something from PH

Red velvet - once again proving that they have from what I heard one of the most interesting pop discographies out there. You’ve shown versatility throughout the competition and this one just adds onto it. I like that it’s slightly different from other songs, but also that the versatility is seen within the own song itself, going from these big moments, to simplistic verse deliveries and so on. Great choice

Taylor Swift - Great choice!! It’s a beautiful song and the songwriting is amazing, Red is def one of her strongest eras in terms of songwriting, and SOG (along with ATW) still both manage to stand out with ease. They’re that good I fear

Tinashe - bit of a less straight forward choice in what type of quality it’s going to embody, but I do think this is a good way of showcasing Tinashe’s control over R&B and how she manages to experiment within the sound without ever going so far as to sound pretentious or to not feel accessible for the everyday listener. This is a great song!!

yw @thecptz

6 hours ago, Dessy said:

HdXosxm.jpg?1

(I'm also on mobile so excuse the formatting)

You made points on her voice x sound. It just really fits and I think this song really focused on that. It's an excellent entry.

Red Velvet - Psycho (Versatility)

This is actually my favorite RV song. It's literal perfection to me. The YouTube version adding strings and synth works well for a sort of epicness vibe. I can see why you chose this instead of the spotify version. In all, excellent presentation of their star quality. 

Hmm, I think there could've been a stronger pick for songwriting for Taylor but it's a good enough presentation. As you noted, she is effective in building worlds and inviting the audience in. The verses and bridge are just :chefkiss: love it.

Aside that doesn't really matter: I think definitely prefer Red TV now that i relistened to a couple Scooter's version :kii2:

Tinashe - Party Favors (Dark R&B Production and Imagery)

I love that you chose to highlight this because it's really what separates Tinashe from say Ciara or Kehlani while also not going as far as to be a bit more obscure like say twigs. This is an amazing song!

This is actually pretty close for me personally. Good luck with the other judges!

5 hours ago, Staryu said:

BaSztoV.png

I think everyone did a great job, really tough decision for the judges :clap3: 

Miley's vocals are so good, they have their own personality, I love her rasp and this song displays it well,

the best option on PH for her vocals imo. 

Red Velvet - Psycho (Versatility)
I love your explanation of their name, I always wondered if they were just named after the cake :deadbanana2:

This song is one of the few I actually know by them and I feel like it's probably one of their best. 

This song definitely showcases Taylor's beautiful songwriting well, I feel like SoG sparkles as a standout on Red, it's one of her top tier songs for me. 

Tinashe - Party Favors (Dark R&B Production and Imagery)
I actually really agree with Dessy about this song, this is a great example of how Tinashe stands out among her peers

and experiments with sound in way similar to Twigs. Very nice choice. 

37 minutes ago, Overprotected said:

Mariah Carey receives star on Hollywood Walk of Fame - ABC7 New York

OVERPROTECTED'S CRITIQUES

Reveal hidden contents

I deleted my critiques by accident but y'all did so good very proud and good luck :heart:

15 minutes ago, Kavish said:

f059f5fb365ff54e53fa8ad76a530f9c.jpg

⸸ Kavish ⛧ Kritiques ⸸

~

@boys - Miley Cyrus – Angels Like You [Vocals]

@mokitsu - Red Velvet – Psycho [Versatility]

Being versatile is already a requirement in this game – not to mention that a case for versatility can also be built for the three other semi-finalists - so I wish that you had chosen a specific quality instead of taking this easy approach. That aside, "Psycho" is one of my favourite songs that you have sent so far. The strings set an ominous tone and the overall sound is dark and captivating, paired with a nice display of vocal ranges. Bonus since you send a video: Great visual.

@Rence - Taylor Swift – State of Grace [Songwriting]

Taylor seems to have honed her songwriting with folklore and evermore, but for the Red era standards, "State of Grace" truly showcases what she does best. Not only is it beautifully written, but the way that she manages to set the scene as well as convey her feelings and make the listener feel those emotions is impressive. The song itself is one of my favourite of hers : anthemic with a great production, and the switches keep me engaged all the way through.

@Tom Vercetti – Tinashe – Party Favors [Dark R&B Production & Imagery]

My favourite Tinashe songs that you have sent in this competition are the ones with a dark production, not only because I love that atmosphere, but because she does it wonderfully. I'm therefore glad that you chose this as her star quality. "Party Favors" is yet another gem of somber sound with sultry vocals, and an icy platform with a steamy ambiance. You explained all of that perfectly in your essay, which is one of the best written of the season.

~

eb7a6b0dbd3f106eff7996dfc9478b70.jpg

ty judges.

25 minutes ago, Kavish said:

You explained all of that perfectly in your essay, which is one of the best written of the season.

and especially here, cuz I make sure they count. 

Fcq76Gl.png

welcome everyone to the results of our fifteenth round, star quality :heart2:

for this theme, you were asked to show the judges your star quality.

and i had to say that you all brought it to the stage and the judges LOVED every star quality performance, so i'm proud of you.

however, ONE PERSON will not be able to make the finale. who will it be? stay tuned x

the results will be announced from 1st place to 4th place!

now START POSTING!

yes so proud of all of you!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.