Diversity 4: The Re-Up | Winner revealed (pg.132)

thecptz

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Tom Vercetti

• Dessy

• Kavish

Top Posters In This Topic

The answer that heaven has sent down to me!

SvIqVPF.thumb.gif.ec5e25e2f3c99d416e6084

0OBugIw.jpg

Kavish ⛧ Kritiques  

~

@Element Aaliyah – It's Whatever

The use of nature as a metaphor for her love showcases the feeling of tranquility and comfort, which is feel-good fit for the round. The song is also chill with her soothing vocals and the dreamy piano.

@shelven – Billie Eilish – my future

There is nothing more uplifting for one person to self-reflect, recognise their worth, and choose to preserve and love themselves. That is growth. The song also sounds like a dream which is reflective of this incentive of hers : a future where she is stronger and happier than ever.

@clue - Charli XCX - Visions

She is optimistic concerning the future of her relationship and the song is bombastic and bouncy. That's a unique take lyrically this round and one that fits both in subject matter and sound. I am not a fan of the Eurodance-y section in the middle but I like the outro.

@Not Like The Movies – Chloe x Halle - If God Spoke

An interesting song from the point of view of God :wendy7: Telling his disciples to hang in there because he has better things in store for them and to only wait on him. Kinda sadistic, but no doubt uplifting for those who look up to him instead of the true lord.. the Dark Lord. I also enjoy the song sonically. It has an alluring tone to it.

@Rotunda - Demi Lovato – The Art of Starting Over

Well the title alone fits the theme. The song paints a picture of driving away in summertime and leaving your troubles behind. Beautiful song that showcases growth, self-love, and self-worth.

@touya kinomoto - Ellie Goulding – Anything Could Happen

This was the second Ellie song that I ever fell in love with, and it still goes hard. The lyrics depict the notion of "we've survived the worst, so we can do anything now" really well. This theme of possibility paired with the explosive chorus create a euphoric sense of hope. 

@hofork - f(x) - Airplane

The buildup from the verses to the chorus sounds like taking off, which goes well with the airplane metaphor, and this ascension fits the theme of this round. Not really a fan of the breakdown though.

@Drifloon - King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard – Paper Mache Dream Balloon

Such a cute song. :3 Paints a lovely picture of letting go of your problems and the sound is brightly whimsical and adventurous, which really fits the round.

@kipperskipper - Lana Del Rey – Arcadia

While I love this song, it's just your average Lana song in the sense that there is nothing really uplifting or happiness-inducing on the surface. Still, I believe that you did the best you could. The lyrics talk about going to a safe haven to escape places that tear her down and the song sounds heavenly enough in good Lana fashion.

@boys - Miley Cyrus – The Climb

I've always admired how this song is not about the destination, but the journey to get there. It highlights the importance of being appreciative of the present, and being grateful for all the highs and lows that have molded us and made it possible for us to be here. An uplifting message to live by while we hike through this life.

@bestfiction - Mylène Farmer – Appelle mon numéro

I like the song and it's very well written with strong wordplay, although she comes off as desperate. The song is also pleasant sounding which mirrors the sensual theme beautifully. Overall it's not as uplifting or happy as some entries, but it works in Mylène world.

@mokitsu - Red Velvet – All Right

A cute song that focuses on the value of opening up and surrounding yourself with some good company in order to alleviate your dark moods. The production is also neat and classy overall.

@TruGemini - serpentwithfeet – This Hill

Loving the serpentwithfeet chronicles. While last round's song was haunting, this one is as engaging, but with a more fantastical and lighter ambiance. Nice fit.

@Opulent - Shakira – Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)

Yas, we LOVE Africa. We ARE Africa. Crying. Once in a while, a song comes along that unites people, and this is one of them. Not only is it lyrically motivational, but the song itself oozes happiness and positivity through its celebratory and groovy tune.

@Auburn - Shania Twain – Up!

A nice representation of seeing the good in the bad and finding humour in difficult situations, and such attitude is indeed positive. The sound is also sunny and upbeat enough to switch one's mood Up!

@diogozsz - SHINee – 1 of 1

The translation for the song is messy but I could get the gist of it. The song sounds happy and upbeat, reminiscent of old boys band like you mentioned, but in a way that is still modern and not generic.

@Sanguine - St. Vincent – I Prefer Your Love

Despite not being that obvious on the surface, the lyrics are actually sweet and there is a heavenly atmosphere in the sound, as if she is linking her own mother to a divine figure.

@Noah - Sufjan Stevens – The Greatest Gift

The song has a wholesome message even if we disregard its religious meaning. It actually made me think of Lord of the Rings when I first read it. :kii6: The song basically promotes love, which is a great fit for the round. Love for nature, your loved ones, and life itself, and how you will be happy and peaceful if you have an open heart.

@Rence - Taylor Swift – invisible string

Taylor has a lot of upbeat empowerment anthems, so I appreciate that you took a different approach. The song is sweet and serene, and this state of being is heaven. The lyrics depict Taylor finally being at peace which is reflected in her calm delivery, and the sound is equally soothing.

@Tom Vercetti - Tinashe - Pasadena

The song is about having a great time, and living wild and free, so this is a nice pick for this round. Makes me want to go to the beach. I don't like Buddy's part that much, but it's overall a feel-good jam.

@ughgabriel - Tove Lo – Got Love

I would say that the lyrics are more "super bright and uplifting which is unusual for her" than the sound, because there's usually something dark in her subject matter. The lyrics therefore fits the round perfectly. I also like the song, but it is not that gripping.

@luckystrike - Troye Sivan – Angel Baby

We stan Angel Baby Z. The song portrays a perfect moment that you don't want to end, and such feeling englobes all the attributes that was asked for in this round. The song has also become my favourite Troye song ever since it came out. It's so beautiful it makes me want to cry.

@PinkBox - Whitney Houston – I Love the Lord

This is a different and unique approach this round. Whitney is putting her devotion on display and this faith and comfort is uplifting to her. Very gospel-esque sound which is also soothing and humbling. Hopefully she is singing about the Dark Lord.

~

heinzel-satanic.gif

4/4 acclaim :clap3:

thanks kavishtie!

Mariah Carey as an Angel | 17 Years of Supersexy Celebrity Halloween  Costumes | POPSUGAR Celebrity Photo 41

OP'S CRITIQUES

Spoiler

Aaliyah - It's Whatever - Oh yes this is a beautiful song, nailed it with the lyrics and the sound, this production sounds heavenly. 

Billie Eilish - my future - Another great song from Miss Billie, this one especially I think it’s very underrated but I’m glad she ended up including it in the album. A perfect fit for the round, the beginning sounds a bit mysterious but still smooth and peaceful. 

Charli XCX - visions - Very lovely song and definitely happy and uplifting the build up makes it feel quite euphoric. 

Chloe x Halle - If God Spoke - This is a good fit for the round but idk I personally wasn’t moved by this song, definitely one of the worst I’ve heard from them I fear.

Demi Lovato - The Art of Starting Over - A cute little breezy bop, not a sound I expected from her so that’s nice.

Ellie Goulding - Anything Could Happen - So you decided to lie about last round’s entry being her best song so I would lower my expectations, I see you. I think this is my fave song from her, I mean it doesn’t need explaining really, great job. 

f(x) - Airplane - Yes very on theme, very uwu. I’m personally not obsessed, it’s bordering on generic to me, like I hate those vocal effects on the pre-chorus. 

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Paper Mache Dream Balloon - My first thought when this came on was “I thought we got rid of ginger root??” but I guess Miss Lizard Grizzard is simply more versatile than that aforementioned contestant is. Anyways I love the production and the composition here :lemmelistening: 

Lana Del Rey - Arcadia - Oh this is so beautiful :winnie: I love the peaceful piano production with some subtle touches here and there, and she sounds amazing too. 

Miley Cyrus - The Climb - That was a classic, I was living when she removed the blonde wig in front of everyone. 

Mylène Farmer - Appelle mon numéro - Oh this is very nice, it’s giving more artistic enya I think.

Red Velvet - All Right - Love this retro bop, all of their songs so far have been serves I fear.

serpentwithfeet - This Hill - This sounds heavenly and I love and appreciate the narrative continuity, I stan. 

Shakira - Waka Waka (This Time for Africa) - Screaming, this song is low key not good but lemme tell you the nostalgia is hitting hard and I just can’t help but bop omfg 

Shania Twain - Up! - a nice fit sonically and lyrically, it reminds me a bit of runaway by godvril. I’m perched for the come on over bops honestly. 

SHINee - 1 of 1 - Very lovely song, the chorus is so catchy :jamming:

St. Vincent - I Prefer Your Love - I like this interesting and different approach to the heaven theme, it sounds kinda sad and gloomy but the content makes it still fit of course.

Sufjan Stevens - The Greatest Gift - Oop christian bisexual king almost converted me here, very beautiful sounding :feeling: 

Taylor Swift - invisible string - Oop we love an explanation, I got a bit emotional ngl, come on redemption entry :feeling:

Tinashe - Pasadena - Um I guess it’s a cute bop for when we enter heaven, well some of us only. 

Tove Lo - Got Love - Well this is definitely my fave entry from her thus far, the verses are a bit weak but the chorus bops ngl :rat: 

Troye Sivan - Angel Baby - Oop the Mariah’s My All reference, he better stan!! This is quite a stun honestly, makes me wanna fall in love :grimescry: 

Whitney Houston - I Love The Lord - A bit too corny and religious for my agnostic taste but she delivered as usual. -10 for telling me I won’t enter heaven though how very dare of you :demon:

5/5 acclaim :praiseshock:

Fcq76Gl.png

CRITIQUES

ROUND 2

Spoiler
On 10/24/2021 at 8:27 PM, Navyofbadgals said:

GwGkVeR.png?width=360&height=450

Reveal hidden contents

Aaliyah - love this. It feels so light and carefree. The lyricism is a perfect fit, there's not a single dark line in this. It's just her and someone else, carefree and even better she feels selfless and lets the person decide the journey. Very pretty and a perfect fit

Billie Eilish - often think this is one of the biggest risks Billie took. There are slight inspirations from jazz, soul and r&b throughout the song along with some gorgeous vocal layering that makes this her most lush song to date. I love the line that she can't wait to meet her future, it's so optimistic. This whole song was probably also your only suitable choice for this round anyways, but it's a great one at that. Such a beautiful and lush experience with some very simple but effective lyrics

Charli XCX - wasn't a massive fan of this album but this was very nice. The beats feel strangely euphoric, it reminds me of eurodance of the 00s but with a much more unique hyperpop twist to it. I love the approach to go with relief, the contrast with coming from a dark place and now feeling optimistic is a nice approach. Pretty decent entry to me at least

Chloe x Halle - I love the approach of going with a song about resilience and holding out hope for better things. Whilst the song might be taking place in a darker time, it still feels in place in this round thanks to its unique approach and hopeful sentiment. It's not my favorite song from them, near the end this song drags a bit, but it's still a decent song overall thanks to some beautiful notes sung in a higher register. Not bad overall

Demi Lovato - I'm sure you had many others to choose from, including ballads, but I like the fact that you chose a song that feels a lot lighter compared to some of her other stuff. Very nice fit, love the approach

Ellie Goulding - I mean.. yes.. what else can I say besides YES. Excellent song

F(x) - not the most interesting song i've ever heard, but it fits well so there's that. There's nothing bad here.. but it doesn't really excite me personally, esp with a drop that I feel like I've heard a million times before

King Gizzard  & The Lizard Wizard - the flute in this absolutely genius. I feel like in many ways it feels like your standard psych song but the flute gives it this really uplifting and unique feel. The lyricism is also great, so imo you did really well

Lana Del Rey - her best song post-NFR i fear.. I don't know if your description fully matches some of the lyrics of the song. Whilst she wants to go to the safe haven of Arcadia, she also sings about people tearing her down, and breaking her fragile heart of paper. Whilst i adore the song, I don't think it's the strongest fit this round

Miley Cyrus - it is the climb INDEED! 

great fit I love the emphasis on how you don't need to know the answers to know the journey to it can be very rewarding despite all of the things

Mylene Farmer - I sadly think you set the bar too high for yourself. This feels.. kinda underwhelming compared to the interesting audition and perfect fit last round. Not my fav thing I've heard from her, and whilst it does the job to fit, it's not incredibly exciting to me sadly. Maybe the other judges will feel differently about it tho, cause it's prolly also the most accessible song to date from her we've heard here

Red Velvet - the lyrics to this are so sweet omg :heart2:  I think this might be my fav entry of you to date, it's very simplistic but it just.. hits right for me and the lyrics are very sweet along with a nice production. Very nice

Serpentwithfeet - your best entry to date. I love how you realized how this round was indeed the spiritual successor to the last round, and decided to do the same with your songs. The song is ethereal with some beautiful notes and nice vocal layering. It's a bit on the short side, but I like that here, no need to elaborate other than he's just better now

Shakira - there will never be a football song better or more iconic than this I fear. It was very much so tailored to where the world cup was taking place (besides the decision to let Shakira sing this but w/e), yet still feels timeless. It's also a nice fit cause it's not only a song that connects people, but also a nice simple uplifting song. Cute x

Shania Twain - I mean it indeed doesn't need an explanation. This is undoubtedly meant to be an uplifting song. Both fit-wise and song wise is a little bit generic/basic to me, but it def does the job so I'm not that mad at it

SHINee - this is a very beautiful serenade. I like the approach to go with a serenade type of song. It's sonically not my fav thing I've heard from them, but it's cute enough. Overall pretty good, the 90s boyband vibes are def there but it's nice that it doesn't ever feel overly cheesy. 

St. Vincent - one of my fav st. vincent songs of all time, it's so stunning without losing Annie's uniqueness. It's one of the most touching and pure love songs for a mother ever recorded. Saying she prefers her love over Jesus, adds extra admiration to this. There's no chaotic guitar breaking out, just a beautiful ode to her mother. Excellent

Sufjan Stevens - cute fit. I like the idea of using Jesus as well, and Stevens realizing his pain and sorrow is with the 'greatest gift', namely Jesus' sacrifice. It's a great fit and I love the harp throughout. cute

Taylor Swift - I love this choice for Taylor, anyone who has even somewhat followed her will know about her highly publicized relationships. Invisible string is a beautiful song expressing how grateful she is for Joe (or that's what I'm guessing), after all her unsuccessful relationships. This isn't just a nice fit for the round, but it's also the best fit you could make for an artist like Taylor. It's also a very nice simple song sonically. Very nice job

Tinashe - also pretty standard fit-wise. It does the job but it's not the most unique approach out there. Cute song as well, overall pretty decent

Tove Lo - nice fit, but the song doesn't really grab me. There are a few other love songs here, that feel like better serenades than this. It's nice, but doesn't blow me away personally

Troye Sivan  - 

this was lowkey one of the best sings I've heard ever from him and it's also a really nice fit.. i'm impressed

Whitney Houston - this thematically has been done before this round.. but nobody can sing it as well as her so.. :clap3: 

The elements of the choir and all of this makes this the most heavenly sounding song this round, your best entry to date for me I fear

On 10/25/2021 at 3:58 AM, Dessy said:

GwGkVeR.png?width=360&height=450

Reveal hidden contents

Aaliyah - love this. It feels so light and carefree. The lyricism is a perfect fit, there's not a single dark line in this. It's just her and someone else, carefree and even better she feels selfless and lets the person decide the journey. Very pretty and a perfect fit

Billie Eilish - often think this is one of the biggest risks Billie took. There are slight inspirations from jazz, soul and r&b throughout the song along with some gorgeous vocal layering that makes this her most lush song to date. I love the line that she can't wait to meet her future, it's so optimistic. This whole song was probably also your only suitable choice for this round anyways, but it's a great one at that. Such a beautiful and lush experience with some very simple but effective lyrics

Charli XCX - wasn't a massive fan of this album but this was very nice. The beats feel strangely euphoric, it reminds me of eurodance of the 00s but with a much more unique hyperpop twist to it. I love the approach to go with relief, the contrast with coming from a dark place and now feeling optimistic is a nice approach. Pretty decent entry to me at least

Chloe x Halle - I love the approach of going with a song about resilience and holding out hope for better things. Whilst the song might be taking place in a darker time, it still feels in place in this round thanks to its unique approach and hopeful sentiment. It's not my favorite song from them, near the end this song drags a bit, but it's still a decent song overall thanks to some beautiful notes sung in a higher register. Not bad overall

Demi Lovato - I'm sure you had many others to choose from, including ballads, but I like the fact that you chose a song that feels a lot lighter compared to some of her other stuff. Very nice fit, love the approach

Ellie Goulding - I mean.. yes.. what else can I say besides YES. Excellent song

F(x) - not the most interesting song i've ever heard, but it fits well so there's that. There's nothing bad here.. but it doesn't really excite me personally, esp with a drop that I feel like I've heard a million times before

King Gizzard  & The Lizard Wizard - the flute in this absolutely genius. I feel like in many ways it feels like your standard psych song but the flute gives it this really uplifting and unique feel. The lyricism is also great, so imo you did really well

Lana Del Rey - her best song post-NFR i fear.. I don't know if your description fully matches some of the lyrics of the song. Whilst she wants to go to the safe haven of Arcadia, she also sings about people tearing her down, and breaking her fragile heart of paper. Whilst i adore the song, I don't think it's the strongest fit this round

Miley Cyrus - it is the climb INDEED! 

great fit I love the emphasis on how you don't need to know the answers to know the journey to it can be very rewarding despite all of the things

Mylene Farmer - I sadly think you set the bar too high for yourself. This feels.. kinda underwhelming compared to the interesting audition and perfect fit last round. Not my fav thing I've heard from her, and whilst it does the job to fit, it's not incredibly exciting to me sadly. Maybe the other judges will feel differently about it tho, cause it's prolly also the most accessible song to date from her we've heard here

Red Velvet - the lyrics to this are so sweet omg :heart2:  I think this might be my fav entry of you to date, it's very simplistic but it just.. hits right for me and the lyrics are very sweet along with a nice production. Very nice

Serpentwithfeet - your best entry to date. I love how you realized how this round was indeed the spiritual successor to the last round, and decided to do the same with your songs. The song is ethereal with some beautiful notes and nice vocal layering. It's a bit on the short side, but I like that here, no need to elaborate other than he's just better now

Shakira - there will never be a football song better or more iconic than this I fear. It was very much so tailored to where the world cup was taking place (besides the decision to let Shakira sing this but w/e), yet still feels timeless. It's also a nice fit cause it's not only a song that connects people, but also a nice simple uplifting song. Cute x

Shania Twain - I mean it indeed doesn't need an explanation. This is undoubtedly meant to be an uplifting song. Both fit-wise and song wise is a little bit generic/basic to me, but it def does the job so I'm not that mad at it

SHINee - this is a very beautiful serenade. I like the approach to go with a serenade type of song. It's sonically not my fav thing I've heard from them, but it's cute enough. Overall pretty good, the 90s boyband vibes are def there but it's nice that it doesn't ever feel overly cheesy. 

St. Vincent - one of my fav st. vincent songs of all time, it's so stunning without losing Annie's uniqueness. It's one of the most touching and pure love songs for a mother ever recorded. Saying she prefers her love over Jesus, adds extra admiration to this. There's no chaotic guitar breaking out, just a beautiful ode to her mother. Excellent

Sufjan Stevens - cute fit. I like the idea of using Jesus as well, and Stevens realizing his pain and sorrow is with the 'greatest gift', namely Jesus' sacrifice. It's a great fit and I love the harp throughout. cute

Taylor Swift - I love this choice for Taylor, anyone who has even somewhat followed her will know about her highly publicized relationships. Invisible string is a beautiful song expressing how grateful she is for Joe (or that's what I'm guessing), after all her unsuccessful relationships. This isn't just a nice fit for the round, but it's also the best fit you could make for an artist like Taylor. It's also a very nice simple song sonically. Very nice job

Tinashe - also pretty standard fit-wise. It does the job but it's not the most unique approach out there. Cute song as well, overall pretty decent

Tove Lo - nice fit, but the song doesn't really grab me. There are a few other love songs here, that feel like better serenades than this. It's nice, but doesn't blow me away personally

Troye Sivan  - 

this was lowkey one of the best sings I've heard ever from him and it's also a really nice fit.. i'm impressed

Whitney Houston - this thematically has been done before this round.. but nobody can sing it as well as her so.. :clap3: 

The elements of the choir and all of this makes this the most heavenly sounding song this round, your best entry to date for me I fear

On 10/25/2021 at 5:55 AM, Staryu said:

dq5FpiO.png

Reveal hidden contents

Aaliyah - It's Whatever
Aaliyah is an angel and she sounds heavenly on this, so it works for me <3

Billie Eilish - my future
This is pretty optimistic for Billie, it's one of my least listened to on HTE but it's still a cute song, I like the song better when the beat switches.  

Charli XCX - visions
Never been one of my Charli faves but it's really cute for the round xo

Chloe x Halle - If God Spoke
I don't love the vocal effects on the song but besides that it's nice for the round. :angel:

Demi Lovato - The Art of Starting Over
The only song I listen to from that album, it's one of my favorite Demi songs and it's a nice positive song for this round, so very nice choice for me :angelo:

Ellie Goulding - Anything Could Happen
One of my favorite Ellie songs and probably top 100 of my own personal favorite songs ever, also 100% fits the round theme, not much else to say!

f(x) - Airplane
This is really cute, fun, bouncy, electro sunshine of a song. Werk.

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Paper Mache Dream Balloon
This arist/group w/e surprises me, they have a new genre every song. This one is very pleasant and I do get Sesame Street vibes from it.

Lana Del Rey - Arcadia
It's lovely enough, I do get a kind of light vibe from the song, mainly her vocals. The lyrics not so much, it's not bad though, a pretty bright song for her standards I would imagine. 

Miley Cyrus - The Climb
Hope, optimism, faith, love, light, life, the climb. 

Mylène Farmer - Appelle mon numéro
It's cute, I guess I get some happy light from it, it didn't really standout that much for me, I had to listen twice to absorb it, it's not bad. 

Red Velvet - All Right
It's really nice, very upbeat and happy, very on theme for me. 

serpentwithfeet - This Hill
This is a simple and sweet song, works for me for the theme, probably the most listenable song I've heard from him/them? so far. 

Shakira - Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)
Perfect choice for this round, very happy and optimistic song, I'm sure it's tied to a lot of people's happy memories. 

Shania Twain - Up!
Perfect song for the theme, can't get more optimistic than Up! 

SHINee - 1 of 1
Your explanation was a lot but this is a very cute song, very upbeat, it does remind me of like 90s boyband music kinda. 

St. Vincent - I Prefer Your Love
I guess it works for the theme, the production is kinda ethereal, overall the song feels a little more down than up for me, but I guess it has a heaven connection. 

Sufjan Stevens - The Greatest Gift
Very light and cute, a very lovely song choice. 

Taylor Swift - invisible string

I adore this song, the story is so cute to me and the song makes me happy. 

Tinashe - Pasadena
This song feels very sunny to me, I can see someone riding in a convertible, it's sunny, breezy, life is good. It's a little basic bop, it works. 

Tove Lo - Got Love

I think it was my first time hearing this song, but let me put a mark to this one. It's really cute and optimistic, good song for this theme. 

Troye Sivan - Angel Baby
Heaven connection + on theme lyrics, good choice. Troye sounds lovely on this.

Whitney Houston - I Love The Lord
I am a sucker for a song with a good choir. This is very nice, Godly, heavenly, etc. The pearly gates are opening during this song.

7 hours ago, Kavish said:

0OBugIw.jpg

Kavish ⛧ Kritiques  

~

@Element Aaliyah – It's Whatever

The use of nature as a metaphor for her love showcases the feeling of tranquility and comfort, which is feel-good fit for the round. The song is also chill with her soothing vocals and the dreamy piano.

@shelven – Billie Eilish – my future

There is nothing more uplifting for one person to self-reflect, recognise their worth, and choose to preserve and love themselves. That is growth. The song also sounds like a dream which is reflective of this incentive of hers : a future where she is stronger and happier than ever.

@clue - Charli XCX - Visions

She is optimistic concerning the future of her relationship and the song is bombastic and bouncy. That's a unique take lyrically this round and one that fits both in subject matter and sound. I am not a fan of the Eurodance-y section in the middle but I like the outro.

@Not Like The Movies – Chloe x Halle - If God Spoke

An interesting song from the point of view of God :wendy7: Telling his disciples to hang in there because he has better things in store for them and to only wait on him. Kinda sadistic, but no doubt uplifting for those who look up to him instead of the true lord.. the Dark Lord. I also enjoy the song sonically. It has an alluring tone to it.

@Rotunda - Demi Lovato – The Art of Starting Over

Well the title alone fits the theme. The song paints a picture of driving away in summertime and leaving your troubles behind. Beautiful song that showcases growth, self-love, and self-worth.

@touya kinomoto - Ellie Goulding – Anything Could Happen

This was the second Ellie song that I ever fell in love with, and it still goes hard. The lyrics depict the notion of "we've survived the worst, so we can do anything now" really well. This theme of possibility paired with the explosive chorus create a euphoric sense of hope. 

@hofork - f(x) - Airplane

The buildup from the verses to the chorus sounds like taking off, which goes well with the airplane metaphor, and this ascension fits the theme of this round. Not really a fan of the breakdown though.

@Drifloon - King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard – Paper Mache Dream Balloon

Such a cute song. :3 Paints a lovely picture of letting go of your problems and the sound is brightly whimsical and adventurous, which really fits the round.

@kipperskipper - Lana Del Rey – Arcadia

While I love this song, it's just your average Lana song in the sense that there is nothing really uplifting or happiness-inducing on the surface. Still, I believe that you did the best you could. The lyrics talk about going to a safe haven to escape places that tear her down and the song sounds heavenly enough in good Lana fashion.

@boys - Miley Cyrus – The Climb

I've always admired how this song is not about the destination, but the journey to get there. It highlights the importance of being appreciative of the present, and being grateful for all the highs and lows that have molded us and made it possible for us to be here. An uplifting message to live by while we hike through this life.

@bestfiction - Mylène Farmer – Appelle mon numéro

I like the song and it's very well written with strong wordplay, although she comes off as desperate. The song is also pleasant sounding which mirrors the sensual theme beautifully. Overall it's not as uplifting or happy as some entries, but it works in Mylène world.

@mokitsu - Red Velvet – All Right

A cute song that focuses on the value of opening up and surrounding yourself with some good company in order to alleviate your dark moods. The production is also neat and classy overall.

@TruGemini - serpentwithfeet – This Hill

Loving the serpentwithfeet chronicles. While last round's song was haunting, this one is as engaging, but with a more fantastical and lighter ambiance. Nice fit.

@Opulent - Shakira – Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)

Yas, we LOVE Africa. We ARE Africa. Crying. Once in a while, a song comes along that unites people, and this is one of them. Not only is it lyrically motivational, but the song itself oozes happiness and positivity through its celebratory and groovy tune.

@Auburn - Shania Twain – Up!

A nice representation of seeing the good in the bad and finding humour in difficult situations, and such attitude is indeed positive. The sound is also sunny and upbeat enough to switch one's mood Up!

@diogozsz - SHINee – 1 of 1

The translation for the song is messy but I could get the gist of it. The song sounds happy and upbeat, reminiscent of old boys band like you mentioned, but in a way that is still modern and not generic.

@Sanguine - St. Vincent – I Prefer Your Love

Despite not being that obvious on the surface, the lyrics are actually sweet and there is a heavenly atmosphere in the sound, as if she is linking her own mother to a divine figure.

@Noah - Sufjan Stevens – The Greatest Gift

The song has a wholesome message even if we disregard its religious meaning. It actually made me think of Lord of the Rings when I first read it. :kii6: The song basically promotes love, which is a great fit for the round. Love for nature, your loved ones, and life itself, and how you will be happy and peaceful if you have an open heart.

@Rence - Taylor Swift – invisible string

Taylor has a lot of upbeat empowerment anthems, so I appreciate that you took a different approach. The song is sweet and serene, and this state of being is heaven. The lyrics depict Taylor finally being at peace which is reflected in her calm delivery, and the sound is equally soothing.

@Tom Vercetti - Tinashe - Pasadena

The song is about having a great time, and living wild and free, so this is a nice pick for this round. Makes me want to go to the beach. I don't like Buddy's part that much, but it's overall a feel-good jam.

@ughgabriel - Tove Lo – Got Love

I would say that the lyrics are more "super bright and uplifting which is unusual for her" than the sound, because there's usually something dark in her subject matter. The lyrics therefore fits the round perfectly. I also like the song, but it is not that gripping.

@luckystrike - Troye Sivan – Angel Baby

We stan Angel Baby Z. The song portrays a perfect moment that you don't want to end, and such feeling englobes all the attributes that was asked for in this round. The song has also become my favourite Troye song ever since it came out. It's so beautiful it makes me want to cry.

@PinkBox - Whitney Houston – I Love the Lord

This is a different and unique approach this round. Whitney is putting her devotion on display and this faith and comfort is uplifting to her. Very gospel-esque sound which is also soothing and humbling. Hopefully she is singing about the Dark Lord.

~

heinzel-satanic.gif

3 hours ago, Overprotected said:

okay page 30 here we go

let's go #Ellie1stWin

woot woot i want that advantage

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.