Chloe - Have Mercy

Spotify Playlist

VIDEOGAMES :foxaylove3:

Spoiler

Hikaru Utada - Simple And Clean

CHVRCHES - Warning Call

CHVRCHES - Death Stranding

Koji Kondo - End Credits Stream Here

Spotify Playlist *Stream Koji Kondo on Youtube!!

THE DANCEFLOOR :katie2:

Spoiler

Janet Jackson - If

Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance with Somebody

Fergie - Glamorous

Janet Jackson - All For You

Spotify Playlist

CLOSERS :celestial5:

Spoiler

Tove Lo - hey you got drugs?

Fiona Apple - Hot Knife

Billie Eilish - Male Fantasy

Tame Impala - New Person, Same Old Mistakes

Spotify Playlist

DEADLINE: FRIDAY, OCTOBER 8TH 9PM EST

If you need an extension lmk :thing:

Finalists won't be ranking, good luck my loves @Alena@Element@Kavish@ughgabriel:heart2:

First and foremost, this is Vanishing Letters 9. This is the best of the best, I mean we are looking at such a powerhouse of talent, I am going to break down all the tea. If you get hurt, get over it and up your game. Moving on.

gif-reverse.gif

Alanis Morrisette - You Oughta Know: a classic yeah whatever, I don't particularly like it, you could've almost definitely done way better 

Avril Lavigne - I'm With You: this doesn't get old, immense nostalgia and good memories from this amazing song, absolutely swept this category 

Kim Petras - Heart to Break: she's so damn annoying now it's very sad, but this was probably her peak for me, one of her best songs

Chloe - Have Mercy: an absolute smasher, don't know if it was the best choice for you cause of the older classics against it but I love it

I2T8iZF.jpg

Good luck to all of the finalists! Thank you for making this season possible :heart2:

Spoiler

DECADES

Alanis Morrissette - You Oughta Know

This is a massive classic. One of the most passionate vocal performances ever tbh. You really feel her anger. Great pick.

Avril Lavigne - I'm with You

This song grew on me out of NOWHERE this year. It is top to bottom perfect. The drama she captures is insane.

Kim Petras - Heart to Break

This is cute. Nothing special for me. I've never been into her stuff before Clarity.

Chlöe - Have Mercy

Nice song. I don't listen to it anymore at all, though.

THE DANCEFLOOR

Janet Jackson - If

One of her best songs. She was able to blend so many genres here. The chorus PUNCHES like no other.

Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)

I haaaate this song. It's such a product of its time in the worst way. Just annoying. I love my Whitney, but this has always made my ears bleed.

Fergie - Glamorous

Another song that had a massive glow-up for me this year. I've always been a fan, but something HAPPENED this year. This song truly takes me to another place… that synth or whatever that is beeping in the background :jonnycat: THE LAYERS, THE TEXTURE. THE BRIDGE.

Janet Jackson - All for You

Great fun song. A classic, as we know.

VIDEO GAMES

Hikaru Utada - Simple and Clean

Didn't love this at all. Went on for too long.

CHVRCHES - Warning Call

Not interesting.

This was cute. Love how the production builds.

Koji Kondo - End Credits

I kinda love how atmospheric this is :deadvision:. This is a CHOICE but I'm not mad. 

CLOSERS

Tove Lo - Hey You Got Drugs?

Um. This was okay. I didn't think it was very interesting, though.

Fiona Apple - Hot Knife

One of her best songs. The way it builds onto itself is brilliant.

The album ends on HTE for me. Nice sentiment here, but this feels a little corny for some reason.

A classic. Perfectly utilizes every last minute of its long runtime.

decades

tCYHxNw.png

Alanis Morisette - You Oughta Know: ok I didn't rlly like it at first but it got really good and I really enjoyed it

Avril Lavigne - I'm With You: beautiful classic, it makes me feel amazing things

Kim Petras - Heart To Break: it's cute and fun but definitely my least favorite here it's just nothing special for me

Chloe - Have Mercy: oh wow I thought I'd pan the 20s song but amazing song great choice :praise:

video games

781bc5005fe1bf1456cf3c076e2e3d6e.jpg

Hikaru Utada - Simple And Clean: her voice is gorgeous and the song has a very pretty vibe

CHVRCHES - Warning Call: I really like the production of this, it's nice and nostalgic

CHVRCHES - Death Stranding: this one is alright, nothing bad but nothing good either

Koji Kondo - End Credits Stream Here: sorry I never played zelda besides botw so I have no nostalgic factor to this. this very much bored me to death

dance floor

Mew_anime.png

Janet Jackson - If: amazing fun classic, one of her best songs easily

Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance with Somebody: fun classic, a little overplayed for me but it's very excellent

Fergie - Glamorous: cute and fun but the rest of the songs for this part just eat it up sorry

Janet Jackson - All For You: AHHHH absolute classic. this song is just so good, fun, beautiful, perfect yeah.

closers

1200px-Meloetta_Aria_Forme_anime.png

Tove Lo - hey you got drugs?: this song is AMAZING. it's the perfect album closer which makes the entry even stronger for this theme. always have been one of my tove songs easily, wonderful choice!

Fiona Apple - Hot Knife: one of my favorite fiona songs, it's very cool and catchy

Billie Eilish - Male Fantasy: never got the hype of this song. it's a pretty song but it's still boring to me. idk why she didn't make happier than ever the closer bc this just serves boring filler in the middle of the album for me. &burn outsold in the closer department!

Tame Impala - New Person, Same Old Mistakes: this is very excellent. one of tame's best songs easily and helped bring us one of rihanna's best songs. very good choice.

Edited by Touch It

THE DECADES :matty:

eiJDe55.jpg

Alanis Morisette - You Oughta Know

cherryfry.thumb.gif.b6e4353dce43ab34c73684ab5d189668.gif ROUND WINNER cherryfry.thumb.gif.b6e4353dce43ab34c73684ab5d189668.gif

Avril Lavigne - I'm With You

cherryfry.thumb.gif.b6e4353dce43ab34c73684ab5d189668.gif gonna kms cherryfry.thumb.gif.b6e4353dce43ab34c73684ab5d189668.gif

Kim Petras - Heart To Break

sorry alena she's cancelled

Chloe - Have Mercy

you're gonna need it :WAP:

the dancefloor is a blood bath 

VIDEOGAMES :foxaylove3:

bayonetta-anime.gif

Hikaru Utada - Simple And Clean

I wouldn't call it videogame but I get the connection. Utada slays tho.

CHVRCHES - Warning Call

it's cute clothing store music like their whole discog. You could've sent any random ass battle song for the gays to shake their booty :gaycat6:

wait maybe not their whole discog is clothing store music. It's cute a wee bit long

Koji Kondo - End Credits

Wait this is a slay but 7min... good luck. Good job :clap3:

Edited by CBC

Hikaru Utada - Simple and Clean: I mean... it's fine? don't know what I expected from this category tbh, this is harmless

CHVRCHES - Warning Call: I swear they been releasing the same song for years now only with different titles, and it's not even a good one

CHVRCHES - Death Stranding: way better than the other song by them, not mad at this but it's way too long

Koji Kondo - End Credits: a kii and a cackle that you sent this to a finale, hope you lose gabe

8 minutes ago, luckystrike said:

hope you lose gabe

??? huh

Janet Jackson - If: a bop. really enjoy the production on this, I had this as a potential entry when I was in the game but I was never able to use it

Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody: a gay staple and an absolute smasher, nothing bad to say about this

Fergie - Glamorous: this is a MEGAAAA classic, GTA classic, gay classic, etc etc etc, it goes hard still to this day, she was genius for this

Janet Jackson - All For You: might prefer If a bit more over this, but this is still very lovely and a great song

Tove Lo - hey you got drugs?: no you don't understand how much I LOVEEE this song, the feelings, the production, the vibes... very immaculate

Fiona Apple - Hot Knife: I'm gonna pass respectfully

Billie Eilish - Male Fantasy: not one of my faves on HTE but it's a very lovely moment, she sounds ethereal

Tame Impala - New Person, Same Old Mistakes: Rihanna did it better I fear, but it's a good song, I quite enjoy it

THE DANCEFLOOR :katie2:

ezgif.com-gif-makercc564d1978aa8bff.gif

Janet Jackson - If

cherryfry.thumb.gif.b6e4353dce43ab34c73684ab5d189668.gif IF I WAS YOUR GIRL cherryfry.thumb.gif.b6e4353dce43ab34c73684ab5d189668.gif

Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance with Somebody

cherryfry.thumb.gif.b6e4353dce43ab34c73684ab5d189668.gif I wanna feel the WIN with somebody :praisepoor: cherryfry.thumb.gif.b6e4353dce43ab34c73684ab5d189668.gif

Fergie - Glamorous

cherryfry.thumb.gif.b6e4353dce43ab34c73684ab5d189668.gif OPRAH. Nobody gonna dance to Glamorous in the club tho tf cherryfry.thumb.gif.b6e4353dce43ab34c73684ab5d189668.gif

Janet Jackson - All For You

cherryfry.thumb.gif.b6e4353dce43ab34c73684ab5d189668.gif IT'S ALL FOR YOUUUUU cherryfry.thumb.gif.b6e4353dce43ab34c73684ab5d189668.gif

Edited by CBC

CLOSERS :celestial5:

close-door-shut-door.gif

Tove Lo - hey you got drugs?

I don't but you must surely have cuz you sent this

Fiona Apple - Hot Knife

Not the resignation 

Not the resignation it's kinda cute

cherryfry.thumb.gif.b6e4353dce43ab34c73684ab5d189668.gif WINNER cherryfry.thumb.gif.b6e4353dce43ab34c73684ab5d189668.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.