Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 11) | F I N A L E!

rl231

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Element

• rl231

• ABYSIL

• boys

Top Posters In This Topic

ATRL-Survivor-11-Logo-ENGLISH.png

vGTdGPR.png

Contestants Song
305 Lauv - Paranoid
Auburn Billy Talent - Sudden Movements
Bethenny Frankel Ellie Goulding - Lights
CBC Linkin Park - PPr:Kut (Cheapshot and Jubacca Reanimation)
Dessy Post Malone - Paranoid
Jwoww310 The Kinks - Here Come The People In Grey
miguel Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark
Not Like the Movies Sampha - Blood on Me
wehavetostan Megadeth - Sweating Bullets

The Kinks - Here Come The People In Grey

• Astro - 6 - I can see what you're going for, especially with the repetition of "they're gonna take me/us away," but the paranoia feeling gets muddled with other topics that kind of shift into being forced out of their home. 
  • clue - 5 - There’s like a hint of paranoia here with the “they’re gonna come and take me away” line, but it feels more like a song about old time gentrification? Paranoia is not at the forefront at all.
  • thecptz - 3 - yea i don’t think it fits the theme much except for like that line clue mentioned. It just don’t scream paranoid to me, scared that you’re gonna get evicted from the house, yes but paranoid.. I don’t think so babes.
  • supaspaz - 3 - Unfortunately, I think you may have misunderstood the song, because it’s not really paranoid to expect an eviction that you’ve been told is coming.

Megadeth - Sweating Bullets

• Astro - 9.5 - I see somebody can read the prompt and comprehend it. You did really good!
  • clue - 9.5 - You ate. 
  • thecptz - 10 - this is perfect and literally so perfect for the theme.
  • supaspaz - 10 - I’m not sure you can get any more on target than a song literally describing the sensation of a paranoid break from reality.

Sampha - Blood on Me

• Astro - 9.5 - Strong ass entry tbh. Very on theme, and very enjoyable to listen to, I'm ngl. I think I might add it to one of my playlists, kii.
  • clue - 9 - The paranoia is there.
  • thecptz - 10 - again, i think this is such a great entry. I love the story-telling in this song so much.. Like it was a dream at first but when he woke up, the paranoia is still there and he’s just scared of everything. Great job!
  • supaspaz - 9 - The desperation of the vocal performance sells this one, even though it was all a dream.

Ellie Goulding - Lights

• Astro - 3 - I guess "noises, I play within my head," can somewhat allude to the theme??? I'm not sure. I don't sense paranoia aside from MAYBE that one line.
  • clue - 3 - So… there’s something haunting and mysterious about “the lights” calling her home, but it’s not giving me a vibe of paranoia at all.
  • thecptz - 7 - i have to agree with supa again on this one. I understand that the paranoia comes from not knowing what will happen when the lights are off. Its scary! Others are stronger tho.
  • supaspaz - 7.5 - Honestly, I think the other judges got it wrong on this one. The whole concept of not being able to sleep with the lights off because you’re unsure what’s going to happen in the dark is incredibly paranoid. The overarching tone may be more about comforting herself, but the paranoia especially comes through in that second verse: “Touch my own skin/And hope that I’m still breathing”

Post Malone - Paranoid

• Astro - 10 - This is it. This is very on theme, and tackles just about every aspect we asked for and goes somewhat above and beyond.
  • clue - 10 - One of his best album tracks and lyrically it’s perfect. 
  • thecptz - 10 - oh yup.
  • supaspaz - 10 - Not you making me listen to Post Malone.

Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark

• Astro - 9.5 - Whoever sent Ellie, take notes. THIS is how you do paranoia with fear of the dark.
  • clue - 10 - Perfect. 
  • thecptz - 10 - yea you ate the lights sender alive. It is like that song plus everything we need in this round so congrats!
  • supaspaz - 9.5 - Oh. Poor Ellie Goulding.

Lauv - Paranoid

• Astro - 8 - I mean, I get this. I get the feeling of paranoia when you're this insecure. It's an interesting take on the theme, I think. 
  • clue - 8.5 - This is good, but I wish it wasn’t so much about him wondering what that other person is doing.
  • thecptz - 9 - a great and interesting take on this theme which i appreciate it a lot! Its just that other songs are stronger so you got a cute lil 9!
  • supaspaz - 10 - I love this one, because it’s so real. None of the spooky nonsense, just the late-night suspicions that begin to undermine a relationship.

Billy Talent - Sudden Movements

• Astro - 10 - Giving me CSI realness with this conspiracy shite. I very much approve.
  • clue - 10 - Perfect. 
  • thecptz - 10 - boom.
  • supaspaz - 10 - *puts on tinfoil hat*

Linkin Park - PPr:Kut (Cheapshot and Jubacca Reanimation)

• Astro - 9.5 - Yeah, I can definitely get behind this. You did great. 
  • clue - 10 - Perfect. 
  • thecptz - 9 - aw this is another one that i feel like its great and it fits the theme and what we wanted but others that i gave 10s to just overshine you.
  • supaspaz - 9 - I like the image of the face beneath the skin. It feels like the paranoia expressed here is more of a way to grapple with other demons inside.

DID MIYAKE BEAT OUT WAKASU??

Miyaske for another win please! :swan:

:chick2:

VF7zS50.png

Contestants Song
boys Geto Boys - Mind Playing Tricks on Me
Harmonizer Little Mix - Madhouse
Jay-Zicario Rihanna - Disturbia
luckystrike Maggie Lindemann - Knife Under My Pillow
pinknblue Linkin Park - Papercut
Rotunda The Kinks - Acute Schizophrenia Paranoia Blues
Sanguine Chase Atlantic - Paranoid
selena_lavigne A Day to Remember - Paranoia
Stevie Matchbox Twenty - Unwell
touya kinomoto The Offspring - Gotta Get Away

Linkin Park - Papercut

• Astro - 9.5 - Less people, less lyrics, less perspectives, altered production, but same opinion. You did great.
  • clue - 10 - Perfect. 
  • thecptz - 9 - aw this is another one that i feel like its great and it fits the theme and what we wanted but others that i gave 10s to just overshine you.
  • supaspaz - 9 - Okay, I was wondering why someone on the other tribe had submitted that remix instead of the original.

Rihanna - Disturbia

• Astro - 10 - Yes. And to think sis got a number 1 with a song about paranoia. She did THAT in the 2000s.
  • clue - 9.5 - A song about the perils of Hollywood, right? Anyway, the paranoia’s there.
  • thecptz - 8.5 - i think its a mix of everything like paranoia and other things and we wanted the songs to focus on paranoia only but its a great choice and thats why it got an 8.5 from me.
  • supaspaz - 8 - I’m surprised at my own score for this one, but it didn’t work as well as I would have expected. There’s hints of paranoia, but I don’t think that’s necessarily the mental state she’s in here.

The Kinks - Acute Schizophrenia Paranoia Blues

• Astro - 10 - The lyrics are great. Also, the production is a bit of a kii. Like, it serves wonky and fun despite the lyrics not being wonky and fun.
  • clue - 10 - Very perfect. 
  • thecptz - 10 - lmao the better the kinks song! The kinks sender from the other tribe needs to take notes from this one. yup!
  • supaspaz - 10 - Campy, but it hits all the right notes (except, perhaps, for the actual notes).

The Offspring - Gotta Get Away

• Astro - 10 - Great job, also, adding this to a playlist so thank u!
  • clue - 10 - Perfect. 
  • thecptz - 10 - nice.
  • supaspaz - 10 - There’s demons in my head and it’s more than I take! Rock on.

Maggie Lindemann - Knife Under My Pillow

• Astro - 10 - WHEEEEW, I was hoping someone would send this. This is the embodiment of feeling like someone is breaking into ur house even when they aren't and idk about the rest of you bitches, but that is one of my irrational fears. 
  • clue - 9 - Almost perfect, but I wish we had a tiny bit more info about why she’s paranoid. It’s like very surface level to me. 
  • thecptz - 9.5 - exactly sis.
  • supaspaz - 10 - I like this one because it grounds the paranoia theme in a very specific situation. Not sure why this is a song, but it’s kind of a bop!

Geto Boys - Mind Playing Tricks on Me

• Astro - 10 - The details!!! Clue is right, rap songs are the way to go a lot of the time because they're not as confined in a structure like other genres. The freedom really helps get details you wouldn't find elsewhere and it packs such a punch. 
  • clue - 10 - Perfect. A massive amount of details on why he’s paranoid/what has made him paranoid. Rap songs seem to be the way to go a lot of the time. 
  • thecptz - 10 - okay yup come thru the story-telling. I feel like i got an in-depth about how they all feel about how paranoia affect them. Its perfect!
  • supaspaz - 10 - That was a classic, that was a classic.gif

Chase Atlantic - Paranoid

• Astro - 8.5 - I can see in the first verse, we're setting a scene about feeling camera lens on them even when they aren't, but everything after kind of... shifts into drug use? Weird turn, but hey, it works, for the most part.
  • clue - 8 - He’s paranoid because of the drugs, werk. Not really getting the “somebody’s following me!!!!” vibes that I want, but I’m not totally mad.
  • thecptz - 8 - the problem with me is that i’ve seen other stronger entries so this feels on theme but its also not as amazing as others that got higher scores from me.
  • supaspaz - 8.5 - It’s hard to say you somehow got this wrong when he’s literally going through a drug-induced paranoia, but the song doesn’t connect as well with the theme as other entries for me.

Little Mix - Madhouse

• Astro - 7.5 - I kind of see what they're going for, but I'm not 100% sure what's really happening here sdfjsdk. They're running from the madhouse? But what IS the madhouse? The verses don't answer that. It does work, but only to an extent.
  • clue - 8.5 - There’s a lot going on here. Is the music making them paranoid? Is celebrity life making them paranoid and the music is saving them from going crazy? Anyway, it was a pretty good choice. 
  • thecptz - 7 - this is a very interesting take on this theme.. Like the song doesn’t really tell what they’re fighting with? It can be interpreted as a paranoia but everything is just a lot and too much in this song.
  • supaspaz - 5 - What...is happening here? I can’t tell if the madhouse is supposed to be a metaphor for something. Regardless, there’s nothing much paranoid about the song.

Matchbox Twenty - Unwell

• Astro - 8 - Oh wow, I haven't heard this in ages. Anyway, I can get what you're going for, but I feel it's missing just a little bit to help it be perfect.
  • clue - 9 - Wish it had stronger verses with more info, but it’s good. 
  • thecptz - 7.5 - there are some verses that are like yep, it fits but then there are also other parts that are a bit questionable.
  • supaspaz - 7.5 - A problematic grocery store fave. His behavior isn’t so much paranoid as generally “crazy,” except for in that second verse.

A Day to Remember - Paranoia 

• Astro - 9 - Yeah, you did good picking this entry. It works well lyrically.
  • clue - 9.5 - Again, I’m searching for more details but it’s still a good pick. 
  • thecptz - 9.5 - its chaotic, its wild, its great!
  • supaspaz - 9.5 - When the bridge hits and suddenly the paranoia is him.

FINAL RESULTS NEXT!

Edited by rl231

Not the perfect 10s when I had doubt about the song 

This is gonna be close, I fear. :duca:

Now that you've all seen how you've done independently, let's see how you rank among your tribe, among all players, and finally which two tribes are heading to Tribal Council this round.

Note: The highest scoring player for each tribe is immune if their tribe heads to Tribal Council.

Miyake:

1. boys 10.00 - IMMUNE

1. touya kinomoto 10.00 - IMMUNE

1. Rotunda 10.00 - IMMUNE

4. luckystrike 9.63

5. pinknblue 9.38

5. selena_lavigne 9.38

7. Jay-Zicario 9.00

8. Sanguine 8.25

9. Stevie 8.13

10. Harmonizer 7.00

Wakasu:

1. Auburn 10.00 - IMMUNE

1. Dessy 10.00 - IMMUNE

3. miguel 9.75

3. wehavetostan 9.75

5. Not Like the Movies 9.38

5. CBC 9.38

7. 305 8.88

8. Bethenny Frankel 5.13

9. Jwoww310 4.25

Overall Rank:

1. Auburn 10.00 (+2)

1. boys 10.00 (+2)

1. Dessy 10.00 (+6)

1. Rotunda 10.00 (+10)

1. touya kinomoto 10.00 (+4)

6. miguel 9.75 (+7)

6. wehavetostan 9.75 (+13)

8. luckystrike 9.63

9. pinknblue 9.38 (-8)

9. Not Like the Movies 9.38 (-7)

9. selena_lavigne 9.38 (-4)

9. CBC 9.38 (+5)

13. Jay-Zicario 9.00 (-3)

14. 305 8.88 (-5)

15. Sanguine 8.25 (+2)

16. Stevie 8.13 (-9)

17. Harmonizer 7.00 (-5)

18. Bethenny Frankel 5.13 (-2)

19. Jwoww310 4.25 (-1)

Cumulative Rank:

1. pinknblue 9.69

2. boys 9.63 

2. Auburn 9.63

4. touya kinomoto 9.56

5. Dessy 9.50

6. Not Like the Movies 9.44

7. selena_lavigne 9.25

8. Rotunda 9.06

9. Jay-Zicario 8.88

9. 305 8.88

11. miguel 8.81

12. Stevie 8.56

13. luckystrike 8.50

14. CBC 8.38

15. Harmonizer 7.50

16. wehavetostan 7.44

17. Sanguine 7.25

18. Bethenny Frankel. 6.13

19. Jwoww310 5.13

Which tribe is heading to Tribal Council??

Click on the spoiler!

Spoiler

Coming in 1st place and safe this round is...

VF7zS50.png

Tribe Miyake with an average of 9.08 :eek:!

Unfortunately, Tribe Wakasu this means that we'll be seeing you at the first Tribal Council with an average of 8.50. 

When you are ready, please DM us in the Discord chat you submitted your entry in. If you fail to vote within the time period, you will incur a self-vote, unless you have a bootlist! Please include a bootlist from who you most want out to who you least out, alongside with your vote, unless you already have one (in which case, you're welcome to update that). 

Please use the parchment image below and write/type the name of your vote by using photo editing software! If you change your mind, simply send me another PM with an updated choice for elimination. Votes will be due at 5 PM EDT on Thursday, April 28th. Remember, Auburn and Dessy are immune from elimination and cannot be voted for.

RT_zjk35iHDLx5rxvEydqskT8AjMqJihnrIc4Wj6

Edited by rl231

MIYAAAAAAAAAAAASKE!

:asiandance:

Miyake is that Bitch! :WAP:

oh wait, i also got a perfect score. my first one across 3 seasons. :jonny5:

giphy.gif

Get me off this team. 

JlbKLN3.gif

Just now, Dessy said:

Get me off this team. 

JlbKLN3.gif

You heard it here first, Dessy is asking to be voted off

As I expected those trump supporters ofc didn’t get the paranoid/conspiracy/distrust from my entry. 
so basics and primitives that they didn’t go further into the real meaning of the song. 
I gotta laugh.

Anyway was a nice ride… To my team best energy.

i just can’t put up with so much ignorance.

Un beso.

Adiós! 

Not me doing the worst on my team :weeps:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.