10 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

lets compare first week sales

Samsung TV: 6M

Apple TV: 6M

Sony TV: 4M

Fearless TV: 300K

Wow she’s kinda over...

I wonder what numbers she will do with 1989 now 

Imagine stanning Scooter only for him to sell his clients for BTS money and TAYLOR STOMPING! :bibliahh:

Do you guys think 1989 TV could do 800K-1M first week if she put 10 vault tracks on there with big collabs and she do promo on target and stuff. 

7 minutes ago, MardinBeksloy said:

Do you guys think 1989 TV could do 800K-1M first week if she put 10 vault tracks on there with big collabs and she do promo on target and stuff. 

It would take an unprecedented promotional push for that, in my opinion. I see 500k as a hard cap for 1989 first week, barring a miracle.

But I've been wrong before.

I think 1989 TV will do Fearless TV numbers max, since there's probably going to be less hype. I would love to be surprised though.

8 hours ago, MonsterNavy said:

this ****ing legend

imagine outselling scooter's client demi & justin's albums COMBINEF with a 13 year old re-recordings of a country album :deadbanana2:

fVZDiO6.gif

The obsession with Scooter still making money off of taylor's highest selling work shouldn't overshadow Taylor's accolades, though.

I just hope she truly gets in 5 #1 albums this year.

3rd one in June

4th one in August/September

5th one in November/December

Why not do it now while no touring is available and then when she tours all of the new versions will be ready?

1 hour ago, hungrymuffin said:

amazing:clap3: unfortunately all the rereleases probably wont have longevity except 1989

as long as they hit #1 and at least go platinum I think it won't matter.

it's not about multiplatinum it's about Taylor taking control.

I need her to at least put out 3 more re-releases hell go for 4 tbh

Fearless

then speak now in June low comp

then red in August low comp

then 1989 in October/November before comp but she might BE the comp not gonna lie

then reputation or taylor swift in December 

Might as well go for the record that'll be unlikely to break anytime soon

Then use those versions on tour along with Lover, Folklore and whatever the new one is called.

Match ed Sheeran's tour numbers.

12 minutes ago, slw84 said:

as long as they hit #1 and at least go platinum I think it won't matter.

it's not about multiplatinum it's about Taylor taking control.

I need her to at least put out 3 more re-releases hell go for 4 tbh

Fearless

then speak now in June low comp

then red in August low comp

then 1989 in October/November before comp but she might BE the comp not gonna lie

then reputation or taylor swift in December 

Might as well go for the record that'll be unlikely to break anytime soon

Then use those versions on tour along with Lover, Folklore and whatever the new one is called.

Match ed Sheeran's tour numbers.

Reputation can’t be recorded until November 2022.

Is it just me that feels like Reputation and 1989 are gonna be the most noticeably different? Since they’re mostly electronic, guitars are very easy to recreate but idk :rip:

12 hours ago, Taylena said:

I'm confused by what you mean with this? Taylor's masters are currently owned by a private equity investment fund and not Scooter or any label anymore while Taylor's music is distributed by UMG which owns a lot of stock from Spotify and, i think, other streaming services. They've no reason to prioritize the old recordings over the new ones. And if Republic Records is getting a cut from the re-recordings then it's even more incentive for them to help Taylor's versions to chart. 

The thing is that her previous label will lose tons of money and while no one cares about that in this scenario, I'm sure all the major labels are watching this carefully since it might motivate other artists with huge catalogs to do the same, especially if Spotify/AM have the new ones as the "default" option. 

I totally support it, but the labels will fight it if it becomes a thing. 

7 hours ago, MardinBeksloy said:

Fearless already has Target promo, but I'm perched't to see if she could do that much.

1 hour ago, its_britney_bitch said:

Is it just me that feels like Reputation and 1989 are gonna be the most noticeably different? Since they’re mostly electronic, guitars are very easy to recreate but idk :rip:

If anything I feel like they'll be the most similar to the previous version because they're both so modern and current. Her voice hasn't changed THAT much but I guess we'll see!

8 hours ago, Anye said:

So insane. Her selling power is just unmatched by any artists this century.

Adele would easily wash her out but she decided to not release anything for years

21 minutes ago, Katy V.! said:

The thing is that her previous label will lose tons of money and while no one cares about that in this scenario

Big Machine Records (still owned by Scooter under Ithaca Holdings) is not losing anything, Scooter sold Taylor's masters independently from her former label to Shamrock Holdings. The private equity fund is sure losing money but it's not like they didn't know the re-recordings would still happen before the deal (Taylor told them beforehand that she wouldn't cooperate with them) so it seems to me they don't care and are waiting for the long-term. 

2 hours ago, Squall said:

Reputation can’t be recorded until November 2022.

oh so then Taylor swift

23 minutes ago, Taylena said:

Big Machine Records (still owned by Scooter under Ithaca Holdings) is not losing anything, Scooter sold Taylor's masters independently from her former label to Shamrock Holdings. The private equity fund is sure losing money but it's not like they didn't know the re-recordings would still happen before the deal (Taylor told them beforehand that she wouldn't cooperate with them) so it seems to me they don't care and are waiting for the long-term. 

They probably won’t gain much long term, the only revenues they pretty much gonna generate from is the recurrent streams of which will continue to decrease as Taylor re recordings drop. I think they need her permission to use the old versions on commercial films, advertisements or sth, and those companies are way more likely to use the newly re-recorded ones to get on Taylor and Swifties good side. 

7 hours ago, MardinBeksloy said:

Nah, with Billboard’s new bundling rule I don’t see it, especially as it’s a re-release and not a new recording. With amazing promo though 500k+ isn’t out of the question :matty:

31 minutes ago, Taylena said:

I believe Taylor told them afterward actually, she said she was willing to do business with them until she found out Scooter would still get a cut of the profits. Scooter probably sold it to them on the claim that Taylor would be okay with them owning it since it wouldn’t be him anymore.

Edited by Headlock

13 hours ago, TheCheetahwings said:

It makes me so grumpy that the stupid casette and vinyl arent shipping for months and months. why is it so hard to have it ready when we had preorders for months smh

Besides production bottlenecks already explained, she probably sent them the vault songs as close to the release date as she could to avoid leaks, she's quite mental about this (rightfully so)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.