• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HeWolf

• Katy V.!

• Anye

• ariananext

Top Posters In This Topic

Will people move from their other streaming services though? the market in Korea is already very crowded iirc

either way if this means we'll be getting more 90s and early 00s kpop classics available (I'm looking at you, Lee Jung Hyun and Uhm Jung Hwa) then i'm all for it :cm: 

Edited by Yomaku

1 hour ago, Kamy said:

People are already downloading the app and using it... Who said it wasn't available?:celestial5:

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG now i see it on the appstore.

:jonny5:

2 hours ago, Narima said:

first update on the chart is gonna be 80% bts songs I bet :eli:

Korean armys are already learning how to properly zombie stream :rip: Tbh good that they're joining, other kpop fandoms will follow and then the GP :coffee2:

3 hours ago, Narima said:

first update on the chart is gonna be 80% bts songs I bet :eli:

They're not THAT big music-wise :skull:

Hot Hits Korea playlist includes

1 Dynamite

3 Drivers License

10 Lovesick Girls

11 Life Goes On

16 Baila Conmigo

Hopefully Roseanne tops when she drops.

Dynamite might go back to #1 on bb global 200 thanks to massive streams from their new spotify :gaycat5:

8 hours ago, KnightOfAllRealms said:

Does their GP stan for BTS though? I think it'll be random indie artists charting and doing numbers and Armys might seethe :lakitu:

Korean GP stan for Dynamite for sure,

it’s the reason why Dynamite #1 multiple month on Melon and having the biggest PAKs in history?

I doubt their numbers will be anything to write home about. They'll start off slowly like Japan and then pick up steam with time.

Preach for Girls Generation and Super Junior their comeback

the Beyoncé ballads are about to SOAR

justice for  Listen, Dangerously In Love etc. 

7 hours ago, Lalisa said:

Not people in here thinking Spotify would come and end all the other Korean-based streaming services when half of the music won't even be avaiable there. :ahh:

Chaebols control everything there and i knew it wouldn't be different with the streaming market, Kakao and others won't give up their power to Spotify and other foreign streaming services. 

MelOn will keep dominating.  :clap3:

Not Bey having already been in the top 10 most streamed when SK hasn't allegedly used her since 2009 lol. Either some of her 10s songs are getting streamed or she was just so powerful in the 00s that only 8 women have been able to become more successful than her in the last 12 years. What is the truth "localyoncé" brigade?

waits for her new Korean Spotify numbers :celestial5:

Edited by Soda Pop Queen

What are the charts looking like? 

Highest gain in spotify followers yesterday

1- BTS (+90,352) 

2- Ariana (+68,578)

3- Billie Eilish (+57,385)

4- Ed Sheeran (+57,149)

5- Blackpink (+52,875)

6- Taylor Swift (+48,602)

7- Justin Bieber (+41,551)

8- The Weeknd (+39,417)

9- Bad Bunny (+38,161)

10- Arijit Singh (+32,731)

Korean artists 

1- BTS +90,352

2- Blackpink +52,875

3- Agust D (BTS member) +32,504

4- IU +32,359 (not available on K spotify)

5- J-Hope (BTS member) +29,092

6- RM (BTS member) +28,674

7- V (BTS Member) +26,432

8- Twice +19,923

9- Red Velvet +17,512

10- NCT +15,541

https://chartmasters.org/spotify-highest-gainers-in-followers/

Edited by Lalisa

Kakao distributed half of kpop music out there, and they wouldn’t be available on spotify.. I don’t see that much people switching. :cm:

1 hour ago, Anye said:

Kakao distributed half of kpop music out there, and they wouldn’t be available on spotify.. I don’t see that much people switching. :cm:

Denying music rights just for avoiding competition in the market would be ridiculous. Its confirmed that they are in negotiations currently. I am confident that they will be able to find common ground for the gain of both part's. :party:

22 hours ago, Lalisa said:

Korean artists 

1- BTS +90,352

2- Blackpink +52,875

3- Agust D (BTS member) +32,504

4- IU +32,359 (not available on K spotify)

5- J-Hope (BTS member) +29,092

6- RM (BTS member) +28,674

7- V (BTS Member) +26,432

8- Twice +19,923

9- Red Velvet +17,512

10- NCT +15,541

https://chartmasters.org/spotify-highest-gainers-in-followers/

This just shows that most of the people using it here in Korea so far are people like me who had originally an account from another country (I created an account years ago when i went to Germany) but have not been able to use it in Korea until now that it became available on the korean appstore/playstore.

The real numbers will come once an agreement is made with KAKaoM and they start a more aggressive promotional campaign. 

50 minutes ago, HeWolf said:

Denying music rights just for avoiding competition in the market would be ridiculous. Its confirmed that they are in negotiations currently. I am confident that they will be able to find common ground for the gain of both part's. :party:

If that happen then spotify >>>> those local fraudulent app

6 hours ago, HeWolf said:

It would truly be the worst decision they've ever done. Passing on the opportunity to get a global platform to promote your music in the same way the Latin music industry did. 

Given that SK feels like the one with most potential in Asia, it'd be a huge loss for the whole continent. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.