Billboard: Female artists with the most pop radio #1s | Ariana Grande gets 10th #1

Feanor

Updated the OP.

what-does-34-35-mean-1604090382076.jpg

Ariana Grande achieves her 8th pop radio #1 hit with "34+35". :clap3:

Edited by Feanor

• 4 months later...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Feanor

• Green

• slw84

• GoodGuyGoneGhetto

Updated the OP.

b034911aefd0bcfa9044b603076c8753

Dua Lipa achieves her 4th pop radio #1 hit with "Levitating". :clap3:

Edited by Feanor

On 1/10/2021 at 3:08 PM, Planet Mars said:

Considering Beyoncé's career today, I always forget how constantly she was played on the radio growing up in the 2000's :rip:

Yea, her career is just fine these days, it's just her radio support that dropped in the 10s. Sure, she doesn't do the radio promotion anymore but that's only because radio dipped on her first during the 4 era. Their loss was her gain anyway lol.

• 4 months later...

I'm thinking adele and dua will get to 5 quite swiftly

On 1/11/2021 at 7:28 AM, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Where is this info. from?

There was no existential Pop radio chart pre-1991.

There was only a seperate AC and R&B radio format as well as the overall Hot 100 Airplay chart which tabulated airplay from all stations (AC predominantly) which, as a whole, was not a lot especially in the 1980’s. Also, Billboard only debuted the radio chart in 1984.

That is, unless, this is Radio & Records data which was/is completely different to Billboard?

It’s Radio and Records or da one Casey Casey would do on every weekend. I remember when Cherish hit number one knowing MYM has blocked it on AT40

• 1 month later...

Updated the OP.

51Wc8B81j0L._SL1200_.jpg

Adele achieved her 5th pop radio #1 hit with "Easy On Me'". :clap3:

Edited by Feanor

• 1 month later...

Updated the OP.

Doja Cat has now been added to the OP, as she just officially scored her 3rd pop radio #1 hit with "Need To Know".:clap3:

Edited by Feanor

• 2 months later...

Updated the OP.

2VFJY5TAGFGMZNCZVA4BHU7IFI.JPG

Doja Cat achieves her 4th pop radio #1 hit with "Woman". :clap3:

Edited by Feanor

16 hours ago, Feanor said:

2VFJY5TAGFGMZNCZVA4BHU7IFI.JPG

Doja Cat scored her 4th pop radio #1 hit with "Woman" :clap3:

yes my princess

GIIY is coming for number 5

in a span of two years, i'm so proud

• 5 months later...

@Feanor

Doja can once again be updated since "I like you" hit #1

And Vegas is also coming for #1 so she will possibly join Mariah and Britney soon. 

the way The Edge of Glory and Rain on Me we’re robbed :fish2:

2 hours ago, makeme said:

@Feanor

Doja can once again be updated since "I like you" hit #1

And Vegas is also coming for #1 so she will possibly join Mariah and Britney soon. 

Oop!  They can’t keep up, she just keeps raking in the #1s lol.  

6 hours ago, professor2000 said:

Oop!  They can’t keep up, she just keeps raking in the #1s lol.  

In da span of less than 3 years. 

• 2 months later...

Updated the OP.

Post-Malone-Doja-Cat-920x920.jpg1200x1200bf-60.jpg

Doja Cat achieved her 5th & 6th pop radio #1 hit with "I Like You (A Happier Song)" and "Vegas". :clap3:

88197e639dce27b2f701b0f1488a81af.1000x1000x1.jpg

Taylor Swift also achieves her 10th pop radio #1 hit with "Anti-Hero". :clap3: 

Edited by Feanor

Wow looking at some of these peaks its so weird. Umbrella blocked by Summer Love.

Whitney only having one #1 (since they started in 1992) but her most longevity being from songs that didn't go #1. Her biggest on pop radio are My Love Is Your Love #10 (24 weeks), Exhale #6 (22 weeks), HH #8 (21 weeks), INRBIO #23 (20 weeks). IWALY was #1 for 9 weeks but only charted for 19 weeks.

I forgot that Gaga's first six singles all went #1... insane and I think only Mariah has a longer string than her :deadbanana4: And it would've been her first 8 singles if she had released a different video for Alejandro

They better not drop Lavender Haze out of nowhere and keep on supporting it until it gets to the top, in order to finally tie Rih & Katy, it’s the least she deserves after the insane success of the album and almost half a decade drought/lack of support they put her through despite keeping the industry alive...

• 1 month later...

Updated the OP.

miley-cyrus-outfits-flowers-music-video.png

Miley Cyrus joins the list as she just achieved her 3rd pop radio #1 hit with "Flowers". :clap3:

Her first two were "Party In The U.S.A." and "Wrecking Ball".

Some of these are really surprising. Umbrella, DSTM and Diamonds missing? Behind These Hazel Eyes and My Life Would Suck Without You? Sweet Dreams and Naughty Girl? See You Again? Come & Get It?

That said, Gaga fumbled her bag when she released Judas. She went from 7/8 pop #1's between Just Dance - BTW to 0/15 :biblio: If only she'd made TEOG the second single from the album...

21 minutes ago, blown away said:

Some of these are really surprising. Umbrella, DSTM and Diamonds missing? Behind These Hazel Eyes and My Life Would Suck Without You? Sweet Dreams and Naughty Girl? See You Again? Come & Get It?

That said, Gaga fumbled her bag when she released Judas. She went from 7/8 pop #1's between Just Dance - BTW to 0/15 :biblio: If only she'd made TEOG the second single from the album...

Truly, the way she shot herself in the foot. And for what? As if she needed any more exposure/controversy in April 2011. At least Judas is getting its shine on Spotify :rip: 

Love seeing Miley as a new edition

insta.gif

These stats are fascinating. It really demonstrates how female artists enjoy "flavor of the moment" status at pop radio that is usually short lived before the format moves onto a newer younger it girl. 

Doja :deadbanana2:
Ariana's 5th #1 on Pop Radio was her first #1 on the hot 100, dua is coming :jonnycat:

Edited by unclefloprry

• 3 weeks later...

Updated the OP.

4f3e3b3aff3b3d4ea4bd90d91c25dc4b.1000x1000x1.png

Ariana Grande achieves her 9th pop radio #1 hit with "Die For You Remix". :clap3:

She thus ties P!nk, who also has 9th #1s. Only Katy, Rihanna and Taylor have more.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.