• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Overprotected

• clue

• miguel

• Navyofbadgals

cher lloyd - swaggerjagger would've been the first song to get a straight 1 average but you all play too much

There's a couple of songs that were robbed of submission (probably due to fear of being ridiculed as "noise"). 

SOPHIE - Immaterial - this was quite interesting, very repetitive but I guess thats the point kii 

Slayyyter - Mine - cute catchy  

LIZ - When I Rule The World - I did not enjoy it much sorry luv 

Vince Staples - Yeah Right - okkkk kendrick at the end, props to you for sending this since its different from all the other songs. I enjoyed it. 

SOPHIE - JUST LIKE WE NEVER SAID GOODBYE - This is interesting but I dont really like it sorry sweetie

Magdalena Bay - Live4Ever - I like it 

Danny L Harle - Super Natural - I really enjoyed this, Carly helped! 

LIZ - Super Duper Nova - it's alright 

That Kid - Take It Off - it's ok 

Rico Nasty - iPhone - yup yup yup 

Slayyyter - BFF- it's alright I guess 

Hannah Diamond - Fade Away - I like this 

SOPHIE - It’s Ok To Cry - this was great, may she RIP 

I am not a fan of this genre at all but I tried to listen with an open mind :chick1:

SOPHIE - Immaterial

this is amazing honestly 

Slayyyter - Mine

one of the best songs here for sure

LIZ - When I Rule The World

this BOP, upper half of the group me thinks

Vince Staples - Yeah Right

Love the rap whew, I enjoyed this one

SOPHIE - JUST LIKE WE NEVER SAID GOODBYE

not a fan of this

Magdalena Bay - Live4Ever

not really feeling this one too

Danny L Harle - Super Natural

wait Carly sounds amazing here, I like this so much 

LIZ - Super Duper Nova

not into this, kinda sounds flat erm

That Kid - Take It Off

loooove the verses, but the chorus sounds like an annoying version of an old kesha song

Rico Nasty - iPhone

I liked the vocals at some parts but other than that well....

Slayyyter - BFF

I thought I would pan but it got better in the second half, it’s really good now that I think about it

Hannah Diamond - Fade Away

cute song but it’s quite tame compared to the rest of the group

SOPHIE - It’s Ok To Cry

my favorite SOPHIE song among the three, I love this so much

ApwZe5J.png

SOPHIE - Immaterial - YASSSS MEGA BOP. The way this also got me eliminated back when I sent it in VL5 but at least it’ll get its redemption this time hopefully!

Slayyyter - Mine - I wish this was more catchy, like I can bop to this in the background but that’s it

LIZ - When I Rule The World - Very fun and cute, did it outsell Immaterial? No it didn’t

Vince Staples - Yeah Right - This really makes me wish I was listening to Faceshopping instead, but trying to put the similarity aside, it’s a bit of a bop

SOPHIE - JUST LIKE WE NEVER SAID GOODBYE - Well… RIP queen :(

Magdalena Bay - Live4Ever - The last 50 seconds are definitely the highlight here but idk if it’s that good to justify the rest :lilbit: 

Danny L Harle - Super Natural - This was a pleasant surprise I like it!

LIZ - Super Duper Nova - Meh

That Kid - Take It Off - It’s alright I don’t like the vocals very much

Rico Nasty - iPhone - Banger 

Slayyyter - BFF - It doesn’t pop off as hard as some of these entries...

Hannah Diamond - Fade Away - Same as BFF but this one kinda cuter

SOPHIE - It’s Ok To Cry - Stunning, the ending whew :'(

omqXTk5.gifNqTmio5.png

SOPHIE - Immaterial

• Ma'am it's the collapse I fear. Her best song too.

Slayyyter - Mine

• This isn't really hyperpop but since it was accepted, okay. Anyhow, it's fine. Nothing really outstanding.

• I actually am not enjoying this despite being a good song. The production goes off but there's something that I can't a finger to that makes me not like it.

• Not this being a Faceshopping rip-off :rip: Anyhow, I like the combination of rap and hyperpop in this song but it's the production that really stands out here.

• This is an upbeat but I am crying a bit because it hits differently rn. It's the least of the SOPHIE songs this round but it's still much better than most of the songs here.

• It would have been an ordinary pop song if it weren't for that glorious breakdown more than halfway through the song. Is it enough to compensate for the kinda boring first part? Not sure.

• I know who probably sent this song as I remember hearng this song in my first ASC season. It was good then, still good now and I'm not just saying it as a Carly stan. It's actually well produced and there is not too much vocal editing done here but her vocals still fit the song.

LIZ - Super Duper Nova

• Yeah no. I gotta pass. :sorry:

That Kid - Take It Off

• Welp... I wish you... an ounce of luck.

Rico Nasty - iPhone

• NNNNNNNNN AN ABSOLUTE BOP! MA'AM THE HOOKS AREN'T LETTING YOU REST.

Slayyyter - BFF

• It's her best song and ***** on her other song this round. The way this goes awf! Those synths, ma'am I'm floored.

• The way this has A.G. Cook and PC Music written all over it but it's kinda... bland. I mean, it's a hyperpop poster song but it's kinda... soft. Still a good song but I wish it goes off harder.

SOPHIE - It’s Okay To Cry

• The world is unfair for taking her away from us this early. This hits so hard right now. It's kinda minimalistic for Sophie's usual productions but still one of the standouts from her discography. That synth line before the first chorus... MA'AM I CANNOT. Immaterial maybe her best song this round but I have to give this my number 1. :jonny2:

a good round <3

nb7z08h.png

SOPHIE - Immaterial

so true.. ive been enjoying her stuff lately and like i think this is one of her best songs :weeps:

the message is so true. and she was such an amazing artist.. a great start to this round!

Slayyyter - Mine

pls this is literally the best from the album and also the catchiest too :smitten:

there was one day when i couldnt stop singing oh me oh my i wanna make you mine~ like absolutely.

great job here <3 it may be a bit basic but i dig it a lot luv...

wooooow the verses snapped more than i remembered :eek: love these verses sm

HOWEVER, giggles, i feel like the chorus is a lil bit letdown :emofish: maybe its just me but the verses are so good babes

so interesting and so right. i didn't think i'd like this song THIS much but here i am bopping to it :jamming:

the only part i didnt care for was the bridge (still, i like it wig iktr) but vince and kendrick went OFF in this song :alexz:

this kinda hits hard :sosad: i'm emotional now again! i hadnt listened to this song before but like..

its just so good and i kinda felt sad for not discovering this earlier :'( this and BIPP r my faves from her earlier work

god she did that with this tbh.. amazing job!

i feel like this would do so much better if it wasnt in the round that is so packed with lots of heavy hitters stuff :katie:

i felt very very lowkey.. like its cute but i don't care about it that much? yeah that.

AHHHHHHHH this song brings me back all the good memories when it was first released :weeps:

its literally a perfect song for every mood and every time.. whether ur driving/having a roadtrip/having a time of ur life

it just gives me a lot of happy and nostalgic vibe that i love so much.. period bestie!

LIZ - Super Duper Nova

wait PAUSE! omg???? this is SO cute like how could i never listen to it before :weeps:

its literally so good and so perfect wtf wtf!!!! i'm just a sucker for this kind of song (that is why unlock it is one of my charli xcx faves)

omg i'm a bald baby now!! ty for sending this, literally. the beginning of the chorus is a bit meh tho

That Kid - Take It Off

uh.. this feels a bit of a lacklustre :katie: that kid has many good songs on his album

so i was confused like if u were gonna break the rules anyways, why did u choose this one instead of his other great songs?? sobs

Rico Nasty - iPhone

EXACTLY BESTIE???? i wanted to send this song last season but never got a chance to send it </3

its a banger and deserved every success in the world, praises rico nasty.. a queen :alexz:

Slayyyter - BFF

oh it is very lowkey and it was better than now when it was released :emofish:

feels very weird and mixed about it.. like i'm not not liking it.. i do but its just a bit eh hmm..

oh wow a sad boring bop :cries: tears... i don't know what else to say

i actually quite liked it when it started but then i lost attention and its just eh soz.

SOPHIE - It’s Okay To Cry

aww.. this is my least favorite from sophie this round

people seem to like this a lot but i havent really gotten into it yet </3 but yes. the message is so good

and its okay to cry bestie..

IkUmVC2.png

https://i.imgur.com/JuSc8Ul.png

thank you fellow judges and hosts for this round :heart2: RIP Sophie

Immaterial - 4 artistas que o Grammy esqueceu de indicar | Midiorama

Mine - I'm not gonna tiptoe around it, this is my favorite song this round. It has a nostalgic and romantic feeling but it's still very bittersweet. It's still exciting though like a night out where anything can happen. :heart2:

When I... - Whewwwww the way this was the IT song in 2015 :deadbanana2: this and Hey QT were total cultural resets in the gay community literally nothing sounded like it

Yeah Right - Nnnnnn this really sounds like Faceshopping the remix :deadbanana2: I appreciate the experimentation BUT I find Vince's flow really annoying and the chorus is Megan levels of bad. Kendrick is rly good in this though, wish it was his song

Just Like... - I don't really care for her pre-OIL songs. I really like the buildup at the end but the song as a whole didn't leave a lasting impression on me.

Live 4ever - :katie2: I really like the offbeat drums and the explosion caught me off guard :eek: This is an interesting song for sure, let me save it

Super Natural - Probably like the best PC/Pop crossover moment? Sorry Charli... this is euphoric and a perfect mix of Carly's bright eyed anthemic style and Danny's quirky and hard hitting production.

Super Duper Nova - I kinda forced myself to like this when she dropped it, but it lowkey sucks I'm sorry :dancehall:

Take it Off - This reminds me of the queens in later seasons of Drag Race who started drag because they watched the show and it's clear that their style and personality comes from the early queens. Nothing wrong with wearing influences on your sleeve but for some reason it's bothering me here :skull:

IPHONE - It's not a hit for me but I don't hate it either. I appreciate it being different and a risk both in her catalogue and this round but it's not something I'd come back to

BFF - This makes me feel so c*nty nnnnnn :skull: Love it, will be high for sure

Fade Away - Miss Diamond has always had the most boring music of the MPCGs. Well this is cute but forgettable.

It's Okay... - The way I couldn't believe my ears when this was released :skull: (In a bad way). But it grew on me when the album was released + the transition to Ponyboy is like... a major gag. Production is obviously the best part here & it's a very powerful and important song :heart2:

BPrZjE1.gif

Edited by mokitsu

a second comeback round on page 100?!? :praiseshockpoor:

Edited by touya kinomoto

Spoiler

SOPHIE — Immaterial

The last minute was my favorite part. Good progression throughout.

Slayyyter — Mine

This sticks out quite a bit compared to the other songs, not as on-sound. It’s a nice listen though.

LIZ — When I Rule the World

Was this submitted in ASC at some point? — sounds familiar. Hard pass for me.

Vince Staples — Yeah Right

**** this is real cool. Thanks for sending this!

SOPHIE — JUST LIKE WE NEVER SAID GOODBYE

Lighter than most Hyperpop songs I’ve heard; I like it!

Magdalena Bay — Live 4ever

Nice!

Danny L Harle f/ Carly Rae Jepsen — Super Natural

Smart using Carly. Enjoyed this lots.

LIZ — Super Duper Nova

Not feeling this one.

That Kid — Take It Off

It’s cute-ish. The “k”s unfortunate.

Rico Nasty — iPHONE

Oh wow, that chorus is quite hectic. The “mask” lyric turns me off a bit but the brash choice is cute overall.

Slayyyter f/ Ayesha Erotica — BFF

This was nice. Probably middle of the pack.

Hannah Diamond — Fade Away

Not feeling this one.

SOPHIE — It’s Okay to Cry

Wow, this one’s especially emotional given the timing. I prefer other songs, but it’s a solid choice.

1 minute ago, touya kinomoto said:

a second comeback round on page 100?!? :praiseshockpoor:

Please ?

26 minutes ago, Anthem said:

F5vwF1o_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

[?? 3]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.