• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Overprotected

• clue

• miguel

• Navyofbadgals

Hz3al82.png

SOPHIE - IMMATERIAL

I think this is a really special track. It's both intelligent in the point it conveys lyrically, while also being extremely earnest. It also just sounds great. 

SLAYYTER - MINE 

This sounds like a generic house track. The song feels both off-theme and unimpressive ngl. 

LIZ - WHEN I RULE THE WORLD 

No complaints here. I think this is a really strong choice for a round like this. 

VINCE STAPLES - YEAH RIGHT

I had a Vince Staples phase a few years ago, but I was more of a Summertime '06 fan than Big Fish Theory. This is still good though. 

SOPHIE - JUST LIKE WE NEVER SAID GOODBYE

It's an alright track but a little too one note to stand out in this round. 

MAGDALENA BAY - LIVE 4EVER

The first 2/3 of this track was very unremarkable. The last portion was nice though. 

DANNY L HARLE - SUPER NATURAL

I really wasn't expecting this to eat so hard. This would go off in the clubs. 

LIZ - SUPER DUPER NOVA

Yeah this is a bop. 

THAT KID - TAKE IT OFF

Not really sure why'd you send this even if it wasn't banned. Still not the worst thing here. 

RICO NASTY - IPHONE 

It's a solid track for this round. 

SLAYYTER - BFF

Not super into this one, but not the worst.

HANNAH DIAMOND - FADE AWAY

It's lacking the wow factor that some of the songs here have, but it stands out nicely. 

SOPHIE - IT'S OKAY TO CRY

I like the production, but I don't really care for Sophie's voice here. 

Edited by Rotunda

Bi5QTgd.png

SOPHIE - Immaterial - A SOPHIE classic

Slayyyter - Mine - I love this amazing pop song

LIZ - When I Rule The World - This really bops :jamming: 

Vince Staples - Yeah Right - It kinda knocks  

SOPHIE - JUST LIKE WE NEVER SAID GOODBYE - It's okay

Magdalena Bay - Live4Ever - This sounds like remixed elevator music

Danny L Harle - Super Natural - I see Carly, I like

LIZ - Super Duper Nova - I'mma pass on this one

That Kid - Take It Off - Apparently this is banned, unfortunate

Rico Nasty - iPhone - Love the production, kind of a bop, her vocals can be grating at times

Slayyyter - BFF - This sounded like a Yeezus song at first, it really bops too :jamming: 

Hannah Diamond - Fade Away - The cute

SOPHIE - It’s Ok To Cry - This is sad to listen to now :'( 

Oh I see my critiques have not been well received :gaycat2:

6 minutes ago, clue said:

We're on a race to page 100

Let's get there before Round 12

nKVQEhw.gif

Staryu

3 minutes ago, Auburn said:

Oh I see my critiques have not been well received :gaycat2:

#RepealAuburnaCare

#ImpeachHim

#MeToo

#KanadaKills

7 minutes ago, clue said:

nKVQEhw.gif

Hmm, lemme do my critiques one song per post. :gaycat4:

9 minutes ago, clue said:

nKVQEhw.gif

you should have posted your critiques ASC-style

nKVQEhw.gif

Immaterial: absolute banger

Mine: this is her only good song I fear

When I Rule the World: a very fun bop

Yeah Right: ehhhh not a fan

JUST LIKE WE NEVER SAID GOODBYE: AHHH so good love this

Live 4ever: this was ok, nothing spectacular 

Super Natural: lovely

Super Duper Nova: the inferior LIZ song of the round but it’s quite nice I guess

Take It Off: sweetie I’m so sorry... this is very nice but... we know 

IPHONE: not into this

BFF: NEXT!

Fade Away: this is ok yeah I enjoyed 

It’s Okay to Cry: it just hits different now and for that I’ll be giving you my #1 

4qKCCVM.png

LOVED THIS ROUND !!!! good job guys

SOPHIE - Immaterial : Good start to this round. I love the lyrics to this and I think its the most straightforwardly pop song maybe? So I really find it easy to get into.  Really fun bop, kind of emotional now but in a good way, this song just embraces freedom in a way I love.

SLAYYYTER - Mine: Yeppppppp bop. I guess it's more house but who cares its still a massively fantastic song.  Incredibly addictive.

LIZ - When I Rule The World: oh hey potential winner!  Her best song still but I did love her album.  This is basically a perfect pop song. I love the lyrics with her cutesy voice and attitude.  Everything about this just gives me hyper pink colourful aesthetics which i love uwu!!!!!!!!!!

ffc4d470b05f5de51bf3d57cc13528a4.gif

VINCE STAPLES - Yeah Right: OMGGGGG Yep.  Big Fish Theory is lowkey one of my favourite albums of the '10s and with each listen I rediscover more about it that I love.  I appreciate you sending this because it stands out among the crowd, greatttt song.

SOPHIE - JUST LIKE WE NEVER SAID GOODBYE : Really cute and bubbly, the lyrics are nice as well. To avoid praising everything (and have something to differentiate kii) I will say I don't like this as much as the previous SOPHIE song.

MAGDALENA BAY - Live4Ever : Aside from Killshot this is my favourite song of theirs, although I will say I sort of fell out of love with it over time.  It does have a slightly boring feel to it where it fades into the background.  Thankfully that breakdown saves it though - ultimate moment

tumblr_otq2dhoeo21ub79oyo1_400.gifv

DANNY L HARLE - Super Natural : Normally a Carly song is like... an immediate no thanks for me.  I know I praised some higher pitched vocals in this round but for some reason it doesn't work for her.. for the most part :hi:  Here it works and I actually love it.  This is super slick and fun.

LIZ - Super Duper Nova - Sadddd I don't like this. I mean it's not terrible but it just doesn't work in comparison to other songs in this round, and even other songs by LIZ herself.  I find it a bit bleh

THAT KID - Take It Off - Wait kind of bopping?  This is good, really energetic and I love how it reminds me of what you would envision 1999-2001 pop to sound like (or like, it sounds like the set of the music videos from that time - you know where they imagined the future and it was all white or chrome).  Anyway bop

7b3t.gif

RICO NASTY - iPhone : GOD YESSSSS.  This was one of my top 3 songs from last year, it still goes soooo hard.  Her best song for me

SLAYYYTER - BFF : Oh yeahhhhh this song is going to be stuck in my head all day now.  This is one of the highlights from her release for me.  I hope to see her pursue this sound more (not feeling the newer songs she's done).  So addicting

Hannah Diamond - Fade Away : Unpopular opinion but Hannah's songs are too simplistic and insignificant that it takes me out of the general feel.  This is one of the better songs of hers I've heard purely because of the instrumental/production. It's nice, but idk something is off

SOPHIE - It’s Ok To Cry : Emotional song and nice way to end it.  Glad we did this round <3

Il61LpL.png?width=353&height=450

SOPHIE - Immaterial

Just thinking about the multiple meaningful meanings this masterpiece can have :jonny:  Such a stunning track and a bop, the production has held up really well, great entry

Slayyyter - Mine

was ready to hate on this but it bops a bit. The chorus very catchy, and I love how the retro flair is incorporated in a subtle way without overdoing it. cute stuff

LIZ - When I Rule The World

This is actually a camp classic me thinks. Also did not know Sophie also produced this one. This genre truly would be nothing without her

Vince Staples - Yeah Right

Yeah the production def gives Faceshopping vibes. Love the risk of going with this sound rather than go with a bubblegum pop adjacent song. It's quite nice although it does drag a bit

SOPHIE - JUST LIKE WE NEVER SAID GOODBYE

Def my least favorite SOPHIE song this round. The production is a little bit same-y where all the other SOPHIE songs are maximalist and changing all the time. It's nice tho, but yeah x Sumn from Oil of.. would be a better pick, preferrably faceshopping xx

Magdalena Bay - Live4Ever

truly the new games section go-to artists huh?  I like the breakdown in the end but overall this is kinda.. not that interesting. Def one of the weaker songs sorry

Danny L Harle - Super Natural

wait this fits her surprisingly well :deadbanana: was ready to hate on this but it's not all that bad. The production is quite beautiful here and the style fits Carly pretty well. Not a winner by any means but quite decent x

LIZ - Super Duper Nova

guessing that you knew the other Liz song was already taken, your best move was to move onto another artist tbqh. It's clearly the inferior song from her. Ranging from boring to cringy. I'm not gagging mama

That Kid - Take It Off

for what it's worth, I would place this near the bottom even if it didn't have the banned letter, drags a lot

py4EXIM.thumb.jpg.a1294403af092c73ab30e0

Rico Nasty - iPhone

Honestly her vocals can be grating sometimes but they kinda work here? Organized chaos in a way.  Very fun track, very 100 gecs'd

Slayyyter - BFF

eh it's fine. Not really connecting with this one, but it's not turrible I guess

Hannah Diamond - Fade Away

Hannah Diamond absolutely talentless so the fact that is decent is already a huge accomplishment. It could use some oomph but it's still cute

py4EXIM.thumb.jpg.a1294403af092c73ab30e0

SOPHIE - It’s Ok To Cry

:weeps: absolutely STUNNING, this was already quite nice but it hits different now :weeps:  Such an incredibly important song, and I love the production on this. Along with the more bombastic ending. It's def on the more minimalist side for Sophie but it works so well here 

quite a good round overall :heart2: one of the best

1 hour ago, clue said:

nKVQEhw.gif

Like period

2 minutes ago, minho said:

bagels and i both suspending our OCRJH for one song... its true she kind of fits this sound for once :skull:

wait :deadbanana: Giving miss davids tea m&g this one but she's a NO otherwise :heart2: 

SvIqVPF.thumb.gif.ec5e25e2f3c99d416e6084

2 minutes ago, Rence said:

down with bagels

before you speak, THINK! #SpreadOnlineKindness

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.