Billboard Charts: #1 Humble, #7 Stay, #9 Despacito

UNNAMI

Justin Bieber is barely in the song, all he really says is Despacito and the intro. Y'all do too much. :rip:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• Navyofbadgals

• QueenofCopyPaste

• FutureHive

24 minutes ago, bjnono001 said:

Sales weren't terrible in 2014 though? It gave us Happy and Dark Horse, which were huge digital sellers.

They were drastically worse than 2013 tho. I remember having a meltdown cause only 3 songs passed 100k on HDS in a week. :ahh: 

2015-2016-2017 was accepting the death of sales & embracing the new form of music consumption for me :'(

14 minutes ago, dussymob said:

Justin Bieber is barely in the song, all he really says is Despacito and the intro. Y'all do too much. :rip:

Well this is just a lie. Listen to the song first before talking? Thanks.

Just now, novembers17th said:

Well this is just a lie. Listen to the song first before talking? Thanks.

I did. A couple of times actually. :eatpopcorn:

35 minutes ago, Sinister said:

2014 was actually a very strong year

There were no songs that spent less than 3 weeks at #1...we had Dark Horse, Happy, All of Me, Fancy, Shake It Off, All About That Bass, and Blank Space 

the charts were very frozen because the top songs were huge

I would love a #1 breeze tbh. Like 20 #1s every year, and a very dynamic Hot 100 where spending 20 weeks in Top 100 would be a great achievement :'(

2014 was a reductive year lol. It's the year of bad one-hit-wonders. And there were no 1M album sellers before Taylor Swift, which was alone a reason for a meltdown.

Oh and i'm sure ATRL had a field day cause of the all-female Top 5 lol.

Edited by Tremor Christ

Just now, dussymob said:

I did. A couple of times actually. :eatpopcorn:

So...then how did you not hear that he has a whole verse and then sings in every chorus (4 times)....?

2 hours ago, PurrKaty said:

I wish Cold Water was about to snatch a week, it was so close to topping. And Let Me Love You had awesome longevity in the top 10. He's going to slay with his next lead single. I hope he doesn't pull and Adele and come off of a 3 #1 album to a 1 #1 album. Hope he can at least snatch two.

Also hoping Taylor can snatch with multiple #1's again. It's fun seeing second/third singles smash too.

he should be grateful with just a "1 #1 album"

look at what Katy is doing

2 minutes ago, FutureHive said:

he should be grateful with just a "1 #1 album"

look at what Katy is doing

I dont want to brag, but if Ed didnt release Shape of You or he released it to aim summer smash, IDWLF would peak at #1

1 minute ago, Safe&Sound said:

I dont want to brag, but if Ed didnt release Shape of You or he released it to aim summer smash, IDWLF would peak at #1

he = bieber

16 minutes ago, FutureHive said:

297.png

Oh my lovely God... :ahh:

15 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Go ahead. Ya'll get your kicks out of insulting me in public. the report button doesn't wear out,

Are you mad, sis?

The kids love streaming. I'd be surprised if teenagers nowadays even knew what ITunes was lmao.

1 hour ago, novembers17th said:

So...then how did you not hear that he has a whole verse and then sings in every chorus (4 times)....?

I clearly said he was in the intro. Point I'm making is yall making this out to be all Bieber success when it's not. Stans are the most annoying thing in the world.

1 hour ago, Mezter said:

Despacito, the new Maria Maria :jonny: 

Pfffffff! It wishes it had that quality...

"Despacito" hopefully gets blocked by Kendrick and Bruno for the rest of eternity...

26 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Go ahead. Ya'll get your kicks out of insulting me in public. the report button doesn't wear out,

:rip:

2 minutes ago, dussymob said:

I clearly said he was in the intro. Point I'm making is yall making this out to be all Bieber success when it's not. Stans are the most annoying thing in the world.

Fact is that the song wouldn't be anywhere close to the top 10 now without the remix 

If that's his actual singing or people checking the song out because his name is on it isn't all that relevant.

Just now, simmnfierzig said:

Fact is that the song wouldn't be anywhere close to the top 10 now without the remix 

If that's his actual singing or people checking the song out because his name is on it isn't all that relevant.

Only in the US. :flower:

Just now, dussymob said:

Only in the US. :flower:

Um. Yeah. In the thread that is about US charts I am talking about US charts

Just now, simmnfierzig said:

Um. Yeah. In the thread that is about US charts I am talking about US charts

I know he help blow up the song but they could've put Ed Sheeran on it and it still would've been the same.

3 hours ago, PurrKaty said:

I wish Cold Water was about to snatch a week, it was so close to topping. And Let Me Love You had awesome longevity in the top 10. He's going to slay with his next lead single. I hope he doesn't pull and Adele and come off of a 3 #1 album to a 1 #1 album. Hope he can at least snatch two.

Also hoping Taylor can snatch with multiple #1's again. It's fun seeing second/third singles smash too.

"Cold Water" would've been one of the weakest #1's in history... It hasn't even sold 1M copies and had no longevity on radio... And he would be BLESSED to have an era like 25 in which he would sell 2 times in its first week what Purpose sold in its entire chart run...

Just now, dussymob said:

I know he help blow up the song but they could've put Ed Sheeran on it and it still would've been the same.

They could've put Drake or Kendrick or Bruno... It would've been the same.

7 minutes ago, dussymob said:

Wait, so you're saying the song the song jumped 39 spots for another reason, besides Justin? I really wonder what that reason is...