Billboard Charts: #1 Humble, #7 Stay, #9 Despacito

UNNAMI

1 hour ago, Mezter said:

Despacito, the new Maria Maria :jonny: 

The blasphemy. This song wishes it was even slightly as enjoyable as that classic.

Image result for atrl horrible gif

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• Navyofbadgals

• QueenofCopyPaste

• mike3009

Haters gonna hate

Bieber keeps winning :eatpopcorn:

23 minutes ago, NE. said:

The kids love streaming. I'd be surprised if teenagers nowadays even knew what ITunes was lmao.

All teenagers know what iTunes is. The app comes installed in the iPhone, and Apple Music (huge streaming service) is the sister app. :skull:

If they end up getting rid of iTunes and adopt the streaming model completely, which was rumored last summer, the next generation of kids won't, though. Which is damn sad. 

• ATRL Moderator
10 minutes ago, dussymob said:

I know he help blow up the song but they could've put Ed Sheeran on it and it still would've been the same.

No :skull:

3 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

True,  the hot 100 isn't labeled as for kids though. It's for everyone.

Unfortunatly it seems they are the ones controlling the hot 100. Teenagers have more of a mob like mentality. They tend to like a song of its deemed "cool".

12 minutes ago, DELE2125 said:

"Cold Water" would've been one of the weakest #1's in history... It hasn't even sold 1M copies and had no longevity on radio... And he would be BLESSED to have an era like 25 in which he would sell 2 times in its first week what Purpose sold in its entire chart run...

In biebers defense he released to songs at the same. Let me love you dark horsed cold water. Cold water is a great song!

• ATRL Moderator

I thought Despacito would've been free-falling by now :rip:

29 minutes ago, NE. said:

The kids love streaming. I'd be surprised if teenagers nowadays even knew what ITunes was lmao.

Then how do all Shawn Mendes, Bieber, Ex 1D members and 5 Second of Summer's songs shoot up to #1 on iTunes? :toofunny2: It must be elderly people at retirement homes buying them, right? :cm:

10 minutes ago, Marvin said:

No :skull:

Yes.

14 minutes ago, DELE2125 said:

"Cold Water" would've been one of the weakest #1's in history... It hasn't even sold 1M copies and had no longevity on radio... And he would be BLESSED to have an era like 25 in which he would sell 2 times in its first week what Purpose sold in its entire chart run...

It was blocked from debuting at #1 because Sia's Cheap Thrills was discounted that week. And there are far weaker #1's than Cold Water would have been. If you do some research you can find a ton. All I was saying is that it was close to topping the charts and barely missed it. Sales are dead, so not reaching 1M in pure sales isn't everything anymore. With streams the song is over 3X platinum. https://www.riaa.com/gold-platinum/?tab_active=default-award&se=Cold+water#search_section

And reread my post. I was talking about single success, not albums. I was saying I don't want Justin going from 3 #1's off an Album to 1 #1, like Adele did. Not once did I mention 25 or Purpose sales.

Sit down. Be humble.

Lol. Bieber definitely propelled that crap in the States. Who cares if anybody could've featured? They weren't asked so. :cm: 

32 minutes ago, DELE2125 said:

Pfffffff! It wishes it had that quality...

"Despacito" hopefully gets blocked by Kendrick and Bruno for the rest of eternity...

25 minutes ago, QueenBLadyG said:

The blasphemy. This song wishes it was even slightly as enjoyable as that classic.

Image result for atrl horrible gif

Y'all are right. I flopped 

lMlznOC.gif

This song could never

1 minute ago, PurrKaty said:

It was blocked from debuting at #1 because Sia's Cheap Thrills was discounted that week. And there are far weaker #1's than Cold Water would have been. If you do some research you can find a ton. All I was saying is that it was close to topping the charts and barely missed it. Sales are dead, so not reaching 1M in pure sales isn't everything anymore. With streams the song is over 3X platinum. https://www.riaa.com/gold-platinum/?tab_active=default-award&se=Cold+water#search_section

And reread my post. I was talking about single success, not albums. I was saying I don't want Justin going from 3 #1's off an Album to 1 #1, like Adele did. Not once did I mention 25 or Purpose sales.

Sit down. Be humble.

Well, I would take 1 song hitting #1 for 10 weeks, selling 4,9M in pure sales, a 2nd one being top 15, selling 900k, a 3rd one being top 10, selling 1,2M, and a 4th one selling 500k and being a top 30 hit, to a #1 for 1 week that didn't even sell 2M and a 2nd and 3rd one that haven't even surpassed 3M in pure sales and spent 3 weeks and 2 weeks at #1 respectively and a 4th one not even hitting top 50 and failing to even sell 250k... But you do you :cm:

QueenofCopyPaste

Seems like with HUMBLE. going #1 then Despacito is a possibility, ATRL in general seems going nuts over the #1s :eli: 

4 minutes ago, DELE2125 said:

Well, I would take 1 song hitting #1 for 10 weeks, selling 4,9M in pure sales, a 2nd one being top 15, selling 900k, a 3rd one being top 10, selling 1,2M, and a 4th one selling 500k and being a top 30 hit, to a #1 for 1 week that didn't even sell 2M and a 2nd and 3rd one that haven't even surpassed 3M in pure sales and spent 3 weeks and 2 weeks at #1 respectively and a 4th one not even hitting top 50 and failing to even sell 250k... But you do you :cm:

Omg we get it, Adele is bigger than Justin. Literally everyone knows that, why are you acting so defensive? Seems like you're threatened by him which you shouldn't be. Chill.

28 Love On The Brain     147  (+3)

:clap3:

Let's go for a 28th week

10 minutes ago, DELE2125 said:

Honey... are you really still stuck on pure sales? Streaming is the future with singles. Sales are fading and you're reaching so hard in this post. Sorry outlasted Hello on the charts. Longevity matters more tbh. Look at Justin's Spotify #'s and YouTube #'s and get back to me. Justin made a lot more coins off his singles than Adele did on their last album and his songs were more successful on the charts. Once again, I'm discussing singles success, not albums because we all know 25 takes the win for that. Also, I was not comparing the success of Adele to Justin originally. I was stating the simple fact that I don't want him going from 3 to 1 #1's off an album. But youre delusional and wanted to start a losing battle.

Edited by PurrKaty

1 minute ago, PurrKaty said:

Honey... are you really still stuck on pure sales? Streaming is the future with singles. Sales are fading and you're reaching so hard in this post. Sorry outlasted Hello on the charts. Longevity matters more tbh. Look at Justin's Spotify #'s and YouTube #'s and get back to me. Justin made a lot more coins off his singles than Adele did on their last album and his songs were more successful on the charts. Once again, I'm discussing singles success, not albums because we all know 25 takes the win for that. Also, I was not comparing the success of Adele to Justin originally. I was stating the simple fact that I don't want him going from 3 to 1 #1's of an album. But youre delusional and wanted to start a losing battle.

Tell me more about how Justin made more profit than Adele with a Diamond selling song and a 21M selling album :gaycat2: 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rockabye"'s longevity is impressive :clap3:

QueenofCopyPaste

Despacito  (combined)

#1 in iTunes (1.3066)

#1 in Youtube (2,975,293)

#3 in Spotify (1,873,476)

#56 in Radio (36.011 AI) overall

its coming :jonny:

Just now, DELE2125 said:

Tell me more about how Justin made more profit than Adele with a Diamond selling song and a 21M selling album :gaycat2: 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rockabye"'s longevity is impressive :clap3:

You don't read, do you? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Justin's SINGLES were more profitable than Adele's and more success on the charts.

Anyone with a brain knows 25 sold more than Purpose so I don't know why you keep using that when it's irrelevant to my post and I've agreed with that statement the whole time.

Once again I was talking about how I want Justin to have single success of multiple #1's from an album. My original post had nothing to do with sales until you decided to not comprehend my post and defend a pop girl when it was unnecessary lol.

Can't wait for Despacito to go top 5 next week and possibly #1 in coming weeks :duca:

1 minute ago, ChartsFan said:

New math  or would that now be new new math :)

Teenagers learn math differently nowadays :gaycat2:

11 minutes ago, PurrKaty said:

Honey... are you really still stuck on pure sales? Streaming is the future with singles. Sales are fading and you're reaching so hard in this post. Sorry outlasted Hello on the charts. Longevity matters more tbh. Look at Justin's Spotify #'s and YouTube #'s and get back to me. Justin made a lot more coins off his singles than Adele did on their last album and his songs were more successful on the charts. Once again, I'm discussing singles success, not albums because we all know 25 takes the win for that. Also, I was not comparing the success of Adele to Justin originally. I was stating the simple fact that I don't want him going from 3 to 1 #1's off an album. But youre delusional and wanted to start a losing battle.

What's wrong with having "one #1 off an album"? You say it as if Adele's era was a failure.

""Sorry" had more longevity than "Hello"! Longevity is more important". 

As if "Hello" didn't have strong streaming figures, sell well, or wasn't a 10 week #1. Also, as if "Hello" wasn't affected by Prince's untimely death or Lemonade's surprise release. 

His first single from his next album could also end up like "Chained to a Rhythm."

Stop trying to discredit Adele or how massive 25 was all things considered.

1 minute ago, Cap10Planet said:

What's wrong with having "one #1 off an album"? You say it as if Adele's era was a failure.

""Sorry" had more longevity than "Hello"! Longevity is more important". 

As if "Hello" didn't have strong streaming figures, sell well, or wasn't a 10 week #1. Also, as if "Hello" wasn't affected by Prince's untimely death or Lemonade's surprise release. 

His first single from his next album could also end up like "Chained to a Rhythm."

Stop trying to discredit Adele or how massive 25 was all things considered.

I'm not discrediting Adele... 25 outsold Purpose which is true. Purpose singles performed better than 25 singles which is true. Justin's next lead single could pull a Chained To THE Rhythm. (Not To A Rhythm). All I said was I hope he can score multiple #1's.